Chapter 13

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For her, there was nothing good to do other than enjoying days off by sleeping all day. Due to her great story, she had given 3 days off. The story already published in magazine yesterday and she still excited over it until a great dream came to her for being a well-known Journalist all over universe. 

 

However, her peaceful sleep disrupted with the younger Jung who suddenly barged into the room without knocking. 

 

 

"Unnie" Krystal called. 

 

 

"Unnie wake up!" This time she shook Jessica's body. 

 

 

Jessica stirred and groaned but hadn't woke up, causing Krystal to pull her pillow and threw it on the floor. 

 

 

"Arrghh, waeeee?" Jessica whined. "Go find someone else to play, Krys" 

 

 

"Bwoya? I'm here not to play with you. Wake up!" 

 

 

"Go away!" Jessica yelled beneath the blanket. 

 

 

Krystal gritted her teeth, she lost her patience. "Okay. So you don't want to wake up. I will open this envelop and won't show you what inside" 

 

 

The sleepyhead immediately jolted up, throwing the blanket off of bed. She walked to Krystal and snatched the envelop from her. 

 

 

"Don't you dare open my stuff" 

 

 

"I don't want to open too" Krystal stuck her tongue out before walked out from the room.

 

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. She sat back on the bed with the brown envelop on her hand. She didn't remembered she had something delivery to the house. 

 

 

"Who could this from?" 

 

 

She looked through the envelop but there was no name of the sender. Feeling insecured, she put it on the bed, thinking that what if someone tried to do harm on her by sending whatever inside the envelop. 

 

 

For over a minute she just stared at the envelop as if she could see what inside without even opened it. As curiosity took over her, she shook her head and opened the envelop or more to rip it off to show how impatience she was. 

 

 

What inside made her world stopped. She hardly breathed. There were few pictures, of Yuri and Tiffany, kissing. She couldn't believe her eyes as she closed it for a while, hoping what she saw wasn't real. No matter how many times she blinked her eyes, the pictures were still the same and it broke her heart thousand times harder. 

 

 

She felt her eyes were pooling with tears which eventually fell down on her smooth cheeks. She immediately wiped it off when Krystal came into the room. 

 

 

"Unnie, you okay?"

 

 

"Yeah, I'm okay. What is it?" She could lie but her eyes already red. 

 

 

"Umma is asking for you downstairs, for breakfast" 

 

 

"Oh. I will get down in a minute" Jessica tried to smile. 

 

 

"..okay" 

 

 

As soon as the door closed, she broke into crying while cupping her face, not wanting her mother and Krystal to hear. 

 

 

10 minutes later, she got down stairs and saw her umma was preparing their breakfast. She stared at the mother for few minutes, feeling whatever she felt at the moment; sad, guilty, betrayed, mad and all. 

 

 

"Sooyeon" 

 

 

She forced a smile before marched to her umma and gave a big hug. Mrs. Jung frowned because of Jessica's unusual act. She heard sob from her daughter so she broke the hug.

 

 

"Hey, whats wrong? Why are you crying?" 

 

 

Jessica shook her head. She wanted to tell her mother about the wedding but decided it wouldn't be a right time. 

 

 

Mrs. Jung soothingly rubbed her arm. "If there's thing, you can tell umma. I will listen to everything, okay?" 

 

 

"Thank you, umma" 

 

 

Mrs. Jung flashed a smile and asking Jessica to sit and ate her breakfast which Jessica immediately complied. 

 

 

"Where is Krystal?" 

 

 

"Here. You miss me unnie?"

 

 

Jessica made a face, earning a chuckle from Krystal.

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

"Penny for your thought" 

 

 

Jessica sensed a hand waved in front of her face. She eyed a woman sat acrossed her who expressed a worried expression so she flashed a smile telling there was nothing to worry about her. 

 

 

"I'm fine Soo"

 

 

"And you think I would buy it?" 

 

 

It was true. Sooyoung didn't really buy whatever she said when she was zoning out like that. Sooyoung was sure something happened and would determine until Jessica told her. 

 

 

Sooyoung lifted her brow as she watched Jessica twirled around her food with fork. 

 

 

"No appetite?" 

 

 

"You want? I don't feel like eating" 

 

 

The tall woman gave her a yes-I-want smile. Jessica chuckled. 

 

 

"You can have it" She pushed the plate toward Sooyoung and Sooyoung's eyes were twinkling with happiness.

 

 

As Jessica watched the woman opposite her, she plopped an elbow on the table and put her chin on top of her hand, supporting it. A thought came acrossed her to tell Sooyoung as she curious what would Sooyoung think or say about it. 

 

 

"Soo" 

 

 

"Hmm?" Sooyoung just hummed as she was busy eating or more to shoving the food into . 

 

 

"I'm getting married" 

 

 

Pity the food, it had been thrown out from Sooyoung's mouth as she coughed over Jessica's statement. She almost choked to death. Jessica helped by handing her a glass of water. 

 

 

Sooyoung looked at Jessica with what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about look. Jessica sighed, she knew this was going to be Sooyoung's reaction but she still wanted to tell her. After all, Sooyoung was still her bestfriend who should knew about this. 

 

 

The tall woman laughed because for her it was a joke. As far as she knew Jessica hadn't met anyone and suddenly she declared she was getting married. 

 

 

"Are you kidding me?" 

 

 

"No, I'm not. I'm getting married next month" 

 

 

Looking at Jessica's expression, Sooyoung knew Jessica was true with her words but still she didn't believe it. 

 

 

"If it is because I'm stealing your food, here, I give it back to you" Sooyoung slided Jessica's plate back to her. 

 

 

"Soo, I'm serious"

 

 

"Me too" 

 

 

They were in silence as both stared at each other as if they were talking with their eyes. 

 

 

"You're serious?" Sooyoung questioned and Jessica nodded. 

 

 

"Who?" Sooyoung gulped nervously. It couldn't be someone inside her head. She had heard about the news but might be it was just Jessica to get a information from the person. 

 

 

"Vice President Kwon Yuri" 

 

 

Sooyoung closed her eyes for a while. It was a person she thought of.

 

 

"How come?"

 

 

"It's a long story" Jessica hung her head low.

 

 

Sooyoung let out a heavy sigh. "Okay, I won't push. It's shocking to me of course. At first I thought it was a good thing that you start to fall for her and forget about your past but I don't think you could come into marriage with her"

 

 

"Why do you think I can't marry her?" 

 

 

Jessica saw hesitated in Sooyoung. 

 

 

"..Krystal told me-"

 

 

"Don't believe what that kid said" Jessica pointed her finger on Sooyoung and the way she said 'that kid' refering to Krystal, surprising Sooyoung. 

 

 

"That kid you called is your sister" 

 

 

"Yeah I know, but I warn you to not believe any of what she said until you hear anything from me. Understood?" 

 

 

Sooyoung nodded her head slowly because Jessica seemed wanted to bury a hole on her forehead using her eyes. 

 

 

"So it's true?" 

 

 

"Yeah. I mean I love her, I can't deny this feelings and when she proposed me I thought I should be happy but something bothering me. The fact that I don't really know who or what is Mega K to me and my family" 

 

 

For the past weeks, Jessica had thought about what Krystal told her. She really wanted to find out and regained back her memory but it scared her if later she would get hurt and would hate Yuri. She really loved the tanned woman and this marriage, she wanted it to be happened. 

 

 

"Look Jess, I'm not in the right position to put an advice on you but I do think you should find out first what they really mean to your family. It could or couldn't effect your marriage later on" 

 

 

"Krystal told you?" 

 

 

"Y-Yeah, but she didn't really go into detail" Sooyoung rubbed her neck as she looked at Jessica's unpleased expression. 

 

 

"You haven't told your umma?"

 

 

Jessica shook her head. 

 

 

"She eventually going to find out" 

 

 

"I know. Just, lets not talk about this for now. I wanted to tell you about my marriage and thats all" Jessica sighed. 

 

 

"Okay! Oh, can I eat that?" Sooyoung said pointing at Jessica's food. 

 

 

Jessica just nodded nonchalantly and Sooyoung began to dig on the food, earning chuckle from Jessica. Sooyoung was really a shikshin friend of her. 

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

Yuri groaned angrily while clenching tight on the phone. She had called Jessica for nth times and countless of texts but none had been replied. Jessica never like this before and so that she knew something was wrong. 

 

 

She was fixing her outfit in front of stand mirror when her phone rang and she immediately answered it without looking at the caller ID.

 

 

"Sica?"

 

 

Mr. Kwon: Is she the future wife you want to introduce to me?

 

 

Yuri could hear her dad chuckled on the other line as her cheek became red. 

 

 

"Dad, why are you calling so early?" 

 

 

Mr. Kwon: I see, you don't want to answer me.

 

 

"Not now Dad" Yuri could sense the father was smirking right now and he was teasing her. 

 

 

Mr. Kwon: Haha, okay okay. Where are you?" 

 

 

"Still at home. Why?" 

 

 

Mr. Kwon: I need to go to Busan right away and can't attend appointment with British investor. Could you replace me?

 

 

Yuri didn't answer it right away as she glanced at her wristwatch. She planned on meeting Jessica for the Journalist didn't answer her phone call. 

 

 

"What time Dad?" 

 

 

Mr. Kwon: My secretary already email it to Taeyeon, you can ask her later. 

 

 

"Okay dad, I will go" 

 

 

Mr. Kwon: Thank you honey. And Oh! I can't wait to meet your 'Sica' this weekend.

 

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, she hated his tease tone. But as much as she hated it, a smile plastered on her face. "You can always wait Dad" 

 

 

Mr. Kwon: I was just teasing you. Okay I think I get to go now. See you this weekend my daughter. 

 

 

"Bye Dad" 

 

 

She ended the call with a sigh but the smile was still there. She was relieved for at least her father was ready to accept Jessica. 

 

 

She got the last check on her look before went out from the house and drove by herself to Mega K. 

 

 

____

 

 

As soon as her body landed on a chair, her mind flew to something else or more to someone. The feeling of worried over a person didn't answer her phone call was back. Once she experienced this with Tiffany but never really brought it to the office because for her, work was work and couldn't be mixed with personal matter. Meanwhile in Jessica's case was different. 

 

 

As she was engaged with deep thought, someone knocked on the door. 

 

 

"Come in" 

 

 

Taeyeon walked in with a pile of papers on her hand and put it on Yuri's desk. Yuri sighed. 

 

 

"Wae? This is not a first time you have this much of papers on your desk" 

 

 

"I'm not in the mood" 

 

 

"Let me guess, Jessica is it?" Taeyeon asked as she took a seat opposite the latter. 

 

 

"Yeah. Anyways, cancel all my appointments for today except the one with British investor" Yuri massaged the  bridge of her nose. 

 

 

Taeyeon knitted her brows. For the first time Yuri asked her to cancel everything. She never did it before even when she had problems with Tiffany. Now she knew how Jessica had a big impact to Yuri's life. 

 

 

"Okay. Do you want me to company you later on?" 

 

 

"No. I need to go somewhere after the appointment" 

 

 

"Alright then. I guess, I have to go to my room. Is there anything else you need, Ms. Kwon?" 

 

 

"No Tae, Thanks" Yuri beamed. 

 

 

As soon as Taeyeon was out from the room, Yuri took her phone and tried to ring Jessica again. It directed to voice mail this time. She almost threw the phone away as feeling frustrated. 

 

 

"What is wrong with her?"

 

 

She groaned and determined to go to the Journalist later on. Jessica should knew the consequences of ignoring Kwon Yuri's phone call and made sure not to do it again. 

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

Taeyeon played with whatever on her phone. Hyoyeon happened to text her when she checked on the device. That cousin of her was so happy for Yuri had agreed to open up dance class for the charity event soon. 

 

 

From: Hyo

 

I can't wait! But I need to get back to Japan day after tomorrow, you know the kids already miss me a lot. :D But no worries, I will come back here before the event start. 

 

 

To: Hyo

 

I'm happy atleast there are people who miss you Hyo. Oh yeah, don't forget your appointment tomorrow with Ms. Kwon. You still need to sign a contract. 

 

 

From: Hyo

 

Yah! What do you mean atleast there are people miss me? Do you think I still don't have someone? Yeah, I won't forget. Thanks for the reminder. 

 

 

To: Hyo

 

What?! You have someone?! Who?! How come I didn't know about it?

 

 

"Thats it, you find someone else already until you don't notice me standing here?" 

 

 

Taeyeon lifted her head from the phone as she heard the familiar voice.  She was too occupied texting with Hyoyeon until she failed to notice Tiffany on the frame door all the time she was smiling over the phone. 

 

 

Tiffany folded her arms against her chest as she raised an eyebrow to a stun Taeyeon. was practically hung opened for how surprised she was to see Tiffany's appearance. 

 

 

"Are not you going to let me in?" 

 

 

"Err, y-yeah, come on in" Taeyeon stood from her chair and marched to Tiffany, motioning her to sit on a single couch. 

 

 

She also took a seat opposite of Tiffany. She stared at the Supermodel without uttered any words. Actually they were staring and smiling at each other. With that, it explained the two had a progress over their 'relationship'. However, everytime Taeyeon looked at those eyes she tried to find a mysterious answer for her question. It might looked like she was desperated but who wouldn't when suddenly a person showed changes with just a blink of eyes. Just like how Tiffany did right now. 

 

 

For sure Taeyeon remembered Tiffany's statement the other day. The simple words had became meaningful to her, making her forgot whatever the intention behind Tiffany's behaviour. 

 

 

'Make me fall for you, Tae'

 

 

Taeyeon was like screaming inside her head that she would eventually make Tiffany loved her but it wouldn't be easy considering she was in process of forgeting and moving on from Yuri.  

 

 

"Hey" 

 

 

Taeyeon came back to her sense when Tiffany waved in front of her face. She awkwardly smiled and fixed her seating position. Called her stupid but she just couldn't steady her breath whenever Tiffany around her. Not sure whether she had forgetten how to breath or Tiffany unconciously took her breath away. 

 

 

Taeyeon had fallen hard with Tiffany. 

 

 

"May I know why do you come?" The short woman finally spoke. 

 

 

"Gosh, I thought you never ask me anyway because you keep on staring at me" Tiffany smiled.

 

 

"Am I make you uncomfortable? If so I'm sorry" 

 

 

"No, of course not. You're nice as always Tae" 

 

 

Tiffany flashed her eyes smile before fixing her hair and flipped it at the back. Taeyeon felt like everytime turned into slow mo as Tiffany did those. She looked so stunning and breath-taking in Taeyeon's eyes. 

 

 

"To answer your question, I'm here to ask you for lunch" 

 

 

Apart from Taeyeon was cheering in joy for the reason why Tiffany came to Mega K was not because of Yuri. Taeyeon silently sighed in relief. She was ready with Tiffany's answer about wanting to meet Yuri and already organized a proper answer inside her head if the Supermodel ever asked where was Yuri but the answer Tiffany gave her, she wasn't expecting it at all. 

 

 

Glad that she could still control herself not to jump from her seat due to excitement that crept inside her body. 

 

 

"Yeah, of course I want to have lunch with you. Shall we move now?" Taeyeon eyed Tiffany but the latter shaking her head which brought frown to Taeyeon's face. 

 

 

"I didn't say we should eat out" 

 

 

Taeyeon gave Tiffany skeptical look. "Then?"

 

 

A knock on the door attracted the two women's attentions as they turned their head to it. 

 

 

"Thats our food" 

 

 

Taeyeon stood up to open the door. There were a man, holding on boxes on his hands. 

 

 

"Delivery for Ms. Kim Taeyeon?" The man asked. 

 

 

Taeyeon raised her brows on the man before actually answering. She didn't remember she had asked for delivery before or did she?

 

 

"Yeah"

 

 

She kept aside to give some space for the man to come into her room and put the food on the table. After he done, he excused himself.

 

 

"I bet, this is yours?" 

 

 

Tiffany nodded while giving a smile. Taeyeon stared at her trying to find what the meaning behind the smile but she couldn't find any. Tiffany was good to hide her expression, way too good until Taeyeon herself couldn't predict what actually inside Tiffany's head. 

 

 

"And whats the occasion?" 

 

 

"Nothing. I guess we need more time together as now we have become friends right?"

 

 

Taeyeon just smiled on the mention of 'friends'. Yeah, they were just friends for now, nothing more. 

 

 

"Shall we eat now? I'm hungry" Tiffany said while pouting and hand rubbing her flat tummy. Taeyeon chuckled before nodding. 

 

 

They started to dig in. Their lunch were taking too much time than expected as they were chatting and laughing over Taeyeon's story. She could be funny sometimes considering she was a playful person. They were lucky for Yuri had not came into the office after lunch time or else they had no choice to cut short of their 'date'.

 

 

For Taeyeon, she was relieved for Tiffany didn't a bit talk or ask about Yuri. Did she forget about Yuri yet? Or Taeyeon hoped too much? 

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

"You are home" 

 

 

Donghae huffed in annoyance. The least he wanted to face right after got home was arguing and being accused for whatever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter