Chapter 16

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beads of sweat coated her forehead, hands were trembling in nervousness with Taeyeon running here and there to get everything done according to what had been requested. 

 

 

Feeling frustrated, Taeyeon almost cursed on other employees. The absence of Vice President made her did everything on her own and she had no choice other than do it. All due to the short notice upon arrival of Chairman Kwon at Mega K. Rumour said that the Chairman had announcement to make which of course became a concern for Taeyeon because Yuri was not in the office and Taeyeon herself had no idea where the tanned woman was. She knew Yuri was on her 'vacation' but they needed her at the moment and it was urgent.

 

 

Taeyeon hated it so much because ever since Jessica had no where to be found, Yuri seemed to loss her focus and had no concern about what was going on with the company. She worried and Yuri sometimes had lost of control over herself just because of Jessica. Not that she said Jessica effected Yuri's life in a bad way, heck she was glad but she said Yuri shouldn't abandoned her work just because of Jessica. 

 

 

20 minutes more until the arrival, Taeyeon had been so busy doing all the last minutes things checking up and setting up everything to make sure all were set so it would run smoothly as everyone expected. 

 

 

After checking the hall of the venue for the announcement, Taeyeon sprinted to the elevator to go to the lobby. She watched as everyone was ready lining up in front of the entrance to welcome the Chairman and she joined them at the end of the line where she could greet him. The place was supposed to be occupied by a woman named Kwon Yuri but the latter was not there though Taeyeon had called her many times so Taeyeon had no choice. 

 

 

"Secretary Kim" Someone tapped Taeyeon's shoulder.

 

 

She ly to see a girl who she believed used to be Yuri's personal assistant and now Yuri assigned her as head treasurer for she had the Vice President's trust.

 

 

Without further question, Taeyeon raised her brow indicating that she had no time to entertain anyone at the moment but had to listen what she wanted to say. 

 

 

"Em.. we have problem" 

 

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

 

"Ms. Kwon is not coming. I had called the house receptionist too but they said Ms. Kwon is not home"

 

 

Taeyeon knew it already. She asked for it in case Yuri was home already after received the text she sent her. 

 

 

"What should we do, Secretary Kim? Chairman is coming in less than 10 minutes" 

 

 

Taeyeon let out heavy sigh. What else she could do to reach the tanned woman, she didn't know actually. 

 

 

Looking at everyone, they seemed nervous but not compared to Taeyeon right now. She was more anxious than them. She was the one who should escorted the Chairman this time. If the Chairman wouln't come in less than 10 minutes, she would run to wherever she could find the Vice President. 

 

 

Taeyeon turned to the girl and expressed a small smile. "It's okay, I will manage from here" 

 

 

"Yes, Secretary Kim" The girl bowed her head then walked away from Taeyeon to her place. 

 

 

Mentally cursing Yuri, Taeyeon tried one more time calling her but to her dismay it directed her to voicemail this time. 

 

 

"Where exactly are you monkey? Your grandpa is coming today but you're not here" Taeyeon whispered. 

 

 

She lifted her head and saw there were few medias outside the building. It confused Taeyeon. She called the head security and asked him.

 

 

"I was being informed that Chairman himself who asked for the medias" he told Taeyeon. 

 

 

Now Taeyeon could sense something wrong. She suspected the announcement wouldn't be that good, of course not good for Yuri but might be good for the Chairman. Anything that he agreed on, Yuri would oppose it. 

 

 

 

____

 

 

 

Several minutes later, a black car pulled over in front of the entrance of the building. The nervousness was still there since she got the notice. Now her heart pounding inside her chest. How she would greet the Chairman, she couldn't remember because all she did before was just bowing and Yuri would do all the intro but now she had to do it herself. 

 

 

"Okay Taeyeon relax. Just greet him like how you did previous times. It's going to be alright" Taeyeon spoke to herself as encouragement. 

 

 

She was inspecting her attire when all of sudden someone spoke to her from her side. 

 

 

"You're right. It's going to be okay" 

 

 

Taeyeon lifted her head and her eyes went wide. "Tiffany?" 

 

 

The said woman turned to dumbfounded Taeyeon, expressing her infamous eyesmile. She did so like nothing had happened before and it confused Taeyeon how she could change that easily. 

 

 

"W-What are you doing here?" 

 

 

"Well, I heard Chairman Kwon is coming to Mega K today so I'm here to greet him" 

 

 

"And from who did you hear that?"

 

 

"Should I tell?" Tiffany squinted her eyes. "Why do I feel you don't like me here?"

 

 

Taeyeon was taken aback by the way Tiffany said it. She didn't mean it that way, she just surprised of the Supermodel's presence. That was all. 

 

 

"No, it's not like that. erm.." 

 

 

"It's okay. Whether you like it or not, I'm still going to greet him" 

 

 

Taeyeon held her gaze momentarily at the Supermodel before sighing. She had no idea what was inside Tiffany's head but she wished for it wasn't part of her plan to get back with Yuri through her grandpa. 

 

 

Tiffany had told Taeyeon once that she already moved on from Yuri but why did Taeyeon still felt there was agenda behind her doings. Everything that Tiffany did indirectly led to Yuri and this was what Taeyeon realized. 

 

 

"I know what you're thinking" Tiffany spoke which made Taeyeon's eyes went wide. 

 

 

'Could she read my mind?'

 

 

"You think I can't do a good job with the greeting, right?"

 

 

"N-Nae?"

 

 

"Watch me" 

 

 

Just then, the Chairman walked toward the two women with a smile that Taeyeon could describe as 'amusement' but what he amused about? Taeyeon had to find out though. 

 

 

Taeyeon was about to bow and greeted the Chairman but Tiffany bet her first so she came second on the greeting. 

 

 

"Wellwellwell. Tiffany Hwang. What makes you come here and greet me? You never done it after the breaking rumour" 

 

 

'Rumour?' Taeyeon mentally questioned.

 

 

Why would he said rumour when he knew well that Yuri and Tiffany had nothing going on anymore? 

 

 

Tiffany gave a slight chuckle which Taeyeon sensed she wasn't happy with the question but being Tiffany she was at pro to hide her true feelings.

 

 

"I heard you have announcement to make and I myself is curious what it is. So here I am" 

 

 

He laughed, laugh that most annoyed to Yuri. Now Taeyeon knew why Yuri said he always laughed at nonsense things. He thought it was funny while others found him ridiculously out of his mind but not everyone could say it right on his face or their life would finish right away. 

 

 

"Secretary Kim, your boss is not in, right?"

 

 

He turned to Taeyeon who caught off guard by his sudden question. How could he know Yuri wasn't in the office? However, she had not arranged proper sentences inside her head and whatever came from that was her answer. 

 

 

"No, Chairman. She is on a vacation" 

 

 

"Vacation? I see" 

 

 

Taeyeon swore she saw his side lip curved upward. He must be thinking he had already won of whatever games he played. 

 

 

"Shall we move to the hall now? I'm sure you can't wait to make the announcement right?" Tiffany spoke after several seconds of silence. There was sarcasm tone in her voice. 

 

 

Without wasting much time, the three of them moved their feets and headed to the hall where the announcement held. 

 

 

As they were walking toward it, the medias had their chance to take pictures. They must loved making money out of this and their job annoyed Taeyeon who couldn't stand with all the flashes. Only then she understood the reason Yuri always got a headache after dealing with those people, she could put herself on Yuri's shoes now. 

 

 

The Chairman was now on the stage, ready to deliver whatever he wanted to say. Everyone had to ready, especially Taeyeon because after this she had to explain to Yuri everything. Only if Yuri was there Taeyeon wouldn't feel this much pressure.

 

 

"Don't get me wrong, but where is Yuri actually?" Tiffany whispered from beside her. 

 

 

Taeyeon glanced at the Chairman for brief seconds before turned to Tiffany, answering her question. "I wasn't lying, she is on vacation" 

 

 

She wasn't lying. It was just a simple question, of course, and if anyone they would probably ask the same question but the fact that it came from Tiffany bothered Taeyeon so much. 

 

 

She heard Tiffany sighed. 

 

 

"I only know that, sorry I can't provide you much" Taeyeon apologized. Why she did so, she didn't know. She just wanted to. 

 

 

Both then turned their attention back to the old man standing on the stage by the podium. He took much time for Taeyeon's liking, typical old man took everything slowly. 

 

 

After felt like years, everyone breathed in relief as the Chairman reached for the microphone but the nervousness they had since the arrival of him was still there. It was such a long time since he made an official announcement where most medias were invited, which it could only mean one thing, the news was huge. 

 

 

On the other hand, Taeyeon was all focused for she also curious on what he had under his sleeves. Since Yuri couldn't make it, she as well had to take note every single words that came out from his mouth as it might or might not affected not only company but also the people involved. Some people might got hurt especially Yuri, his own granddaughter. 

 

 

Taeyeon was ready with her tab when the woman beside her decided to ask a question that made her lifted her head almost immediately. She looked at Tiffany with wide eyes. 

 

 

"P-Pardon?"

 

 

"I was asking if your girlfriend SinB is coming today" Tiffany's eyes were fixed on the Chairman. 

 

 

The Chairman had begun with his speech but Tiffany's question was more concerned to Taeyeon.

 

 

"She is n-" 

 

 

"She is pretty, young, cute and cheerful. I guess you got your ideal type" 

 

 

Taeyeon's frown was visible on her forehead. She was too clueless how could Tiffany said SinB was Taeyeon's girlfriend and her match ideal type when in reality Taeyeon only had eyes on her. 

 

 

"I don't understand.." Taeyeon muttered. 

 

 

Tiffany finally faced her offering a warm smile. "I'm sure you do, congratulation anyway" She said before diverted her attention back to the man on the stage. 

 

 

____

 

 

After the announcement had been made, everyone was getting their way out from the hall. They were whispering and gossiping about it. It could be seen that everyone was shocked with what the Chairman had delivered, it was unexpected to be exact. 

 

 

Taeyeon was the last person to exit the hall as her pace had slowing down. She was spacing out while trying to digest every information the Chairman had delivered. The words kept repeating inside her head. 

 

 

"Unnie" 

 

 

The sweet voice woke Taeyeon up from her trance. She stared blankly at the owner before shaking her head and grinned. 

 

 

"Are you okay?" 

 

 

"Y-Yes... I'm fine..." She half lied. "What are you doing here, SinB?" 

 

 

SinB chuckled for how adorable when the question came out from Taeyeon's mouth. She always found Taeyeon cute and lovely. She felt comfortable whenever she was with Taeyeon and couldn't deny the fact that she wanted to know the older one more deep and got more closer. 

 

 

"You promised to bring me touring and treat me lunch. Or am I just full of myself?" SinB dramatically placed her hand against her chest. 

 

 

Taeyeon immediately shook her head denying SinB's words. She had not mean it that way. 

 

 

"No. I mean, of course I will bring you, it was just, you know, the Chairman suddenly paid a visit so I was kinda busy. So sorry" Taeyeon smiled apologetically. 

 

 

"It's okay unnie, I'm just teasing you" SinB laughed. 

 

 

Taeyeon was bewildered as SinB

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter