Chapter 17

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal was spacing out. She had not paid any attention to the person infront of her, all the talking was in waste for her mind was in something else or to be exact to someone else. 

 

 

Jessica. 

 

 

Her sister just revealed something that could shock her world or the entire universe. She never thought it could happen anytime soon but the news gave her mind immediately shut down. 

 

 

"Krys" 

 

 

Krsytal couldn't argue about her sister was undoubtedly happy with the person of her choice. Heck, she seemed the most happiest woman in the world. Krystal couldn't do anything either, if her sister and Kwon Yuri were destined for each other, she had to accept it no matter what.

 

 

"Krystal" 

 

 

There was time when Jessica told her to find someone who could make you smiled and cried at the same time. But she still couldn't understand why and wouldn't want to understand either. 

 

 

"Soojung!" 

 

 

Krystal jumped a bit by the sudden hand on hers. She blinked multiple times before realizing that she was with someone. She decided to call the person to hang out and talked for a bit regarding the issue but seemed she got on her own world already completely forgot about the other presence. 

 

 

She shouldn't be bothered actually, the fact that her sister finally had someone she could rely on. However, the thing she had to think was their mother, the most person who was going to get hurt by the news. 

 

 

"You okay? Should I send you home? You look pale" 

 

 

Krystal tried to smile. "I'm fine Am, no worries" 

 

 

"If anything you can always tell me. I'm always here" Amber placed a hand on Krystal's. 

 

 

"Actually, there is something I want to talk about because I don't know who else I can talk this to"

 

 

"It's okay, I'm ready to be your ear" 

 

 

Krystal took time to open . At time like this she really needed someone to talk and it happened to be Amber was with her. 

 

 

"Unnie. she's married" Krystal waited for Amber to shout or whatever indicating she was shocked by the news but instead she got a blank expression from the tomboy. 

 

 

"You're not shocked?" 

 

 

"No... I mean... I am shocked. Jessica unnie is married? With who?" 

 

 

Krystal let out a loud sigh. "Kwon Yuri" 

 

 

"Oh shot!! The charismatic Kwon Yuri?!! Seriously?!!" 

 

 

"Yah! Whats wrong with you? This is not first time I told you about her, I've told you before she has something with unnie right?" 

 

 

"Yes, but I didn't imagine they are going this far" 

 

 

"Yeah, me too" 

 

 

Amber sensed the mood in Krystal. The little Jung was upset and Amber knew she couldn't do more other than comforting her for that what 'friend' did. 

 

 

"Hey, it's okay. Jessica unnie will be fine, she is in good hands" Amber assured the little Jung.

 

 

"Yeah, I hope so" 

 

 

"Why you said that? You told me Kwon Yuri is the best for Jessica unnie, right?"

 

 

Yes, Krystal said that. She didn't know when she was so sure about Yuri was the one for her sister, like she was the person Jessica needed, but she just felt it. Living with her sister for her entire existence made her able to sense Jessica's true feelings.

 

 

Jessica was deeply inlove with Yuri and that was one of things Krystal had figured.

 

 

"I just hope Yuri is not going to hurt unnie. She is hurting enough..." Krystal couldn't finish her words as tear began to form, remembering the times her sister suffered. 

 

 

"Krys look at me" Amber instructed and Krsytal did what had been told. 

 

 

"Do you believe in Yuri?" 

 

 

It took few seconds for Krystal to answer that question that could simply be answered with 'Yes' or 'No', nonetheless, she nodded. 

 

 

"Then you just need to put your trust on her. I believe she will take care of Jessica unnie just well. And about your father's death, as you said, she was innocent and didn't know anything. Sure she is Kwon but we all know she is different from that old man. Just don't be like your sister 7 years ago, I afraid history going to repeat itself. She wanted to fight with Mega K and see what happen to her now. I'm not blaming your sister but think about it. Yuri wants to protect her so lets just wait and see. I'm sure too Yuri will reveal her grandpa's doings soon" 

 

 

The words hit Krystal hard on the right spot. She had this urge to against Mega K on what they did to her father and even planned something. Not to mention, her mother's silence over the incident pushed her to do the same as what Jessica did 7 years ago, but what Amber said as if she knew what inside Krsytal's head. 

 

 

She shook her head "No, I won't let Jessica's accident happen again. I won't be like my sister, I will trust Kwon Yuri" 

 

 

Though Krystal had given cold shoulder to Yuri but inside her there was soften part for the tanned woman. Hearing Yuri that she would reveal Chairman's crime to the world made Krystal felt guilt to hate  her even more. 

 

 

"Good. Now don't overthink, cheer up!" Amber tried to lit up Krystal's mood and it worked when Krystal let out a cute chuckle. 

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

"Thank you so much for your time, Mr. Phillip. I hope to hear a good news from you soon" Yuri said in perfect English as she shook hand with the man while plastering a genuine smile.

 

 

"No problem, Ms. Kwon. I'm glad to work with Mega K and sure I will bring good news with me when I get to see you again" 

 

 

Yuri chuckled a bit. "Sure my secretary will arrange a meeting for us again. Lets me walk you to the front" 

 

 

"Yes, thank you" 

 

 

With that, Yuri and the man walked side by side toward the meeting door. She shook hand once again before the man bid a goodbye and finally the tanned woman could breath in peace for the first time in the day. Her hectic schedule made her unable to even take a glass of water. 

 

 

She walked back to her chair and immediately flopped her body to it, closing her eyes and ignoring another presence inside the meeting room. 

 

 

"Yul" 

 

 

Yuri hummed. 

 

 

"You haven't told me the whole story" 

 

 

"Of what?" 

 

 

"How you and Jessica got married" 

 

 

The topic managed to make Yuri opened her eyes and her stare remained at the ceiling. Right, she just remembered she had not told Taeyeon yet about it. 

 

 

"Are you sure you want to know?" 

 

 

Taeyeon nodded her head vigorously. The midget had bugging Yuri morning and night over the topic. 

 

 

A heavy sigh left Yuri's mouth before she straightened up and looked intensely at Taeyeon. The midget had to back away a bit as Yuri moved closer to her. 

 

 

"Y-Yah, w-whats wrong?" 

 

 

"Why are you so desperated to know about me and Sica?" Yuri narrowed her eyes. 

 

 

"I-I'm not desperated" Taeyeon defended herself. 

 

 

Stared. 

 

 

Stared.

 

 

Eventually, Yuri gave in and rested her body back on the chair. Hands were at the back of her head and with closed eyes she began to narrate the story. 

 

 

 

-flashback-

 

 

Yuri looked restless for she had not got any sleep. She had been beside Jessica since the beginning, not even closing her eyes afraid if she did Jessica would run away from her again. That was the last thing she wanted to happen, not again when she was sure she could get Jessica this time. 

 

 

"Miss" 

 

 

She did it again, daydreaming on the busy day. Standing infront of the cashier not minding people had lined up behind her. 

 

 

"Nae?" 

 

 

"You have to pay" The cashier told her. 

 

 

"Ah, I'm sorry" Yuri took out her wallet then paid for the drink. 

 

 

"Thank you" Then walked out from the store, mentally cursing herself for daydreaming again.

 

 

One time, she almost got hit by motorcycle on her way to the store as she wasn't awared of her surrounding. She concerned about herself too as this past few weeks had been tough for her.

 

 

Yuri got into the hospital only to find few men in black attire were talking with the receptionist, which she quickly assumed they were her grandpa's men. 

 

 

"He even sent his men here. How did he know we are here?" Oh right, it was Chairman Kwon, the most influence person in SK. He must got many informants.

 

 

"What he wants from me now?" Yuri gritted her teeth. 

 

 

She hided from the sight of the men. She wouldn't let them catch her that easy. Her eyes went wide as realization took over her. 

 

 

"Sica" 

 

 

Thinking faster, she got her way away from those men and ran to Jessica's room. The moment she arrived in the room she was short in breath, had to bend down clasping on her knees to catch some air. 

 

 

"Yuri" 

 

 

The angelic voice caught Yuri's attention. She lifted her head only to see a pair of beautiful eyes stared back at her. Jessica looked at Yuri wearing a worried expression. Did she see it right? Jessica was worried about her. 

 

 

"Are you okay? Why are you panting so hard?" 

 

 

Yuri took steps toward Jessica's bed, slowly and carefully. 

 

 

"Sica... you're awake"

 

 

Yuri was clueless. Should she be happy for Jessica didn't remember about their argument and took advantage of it? Or should she told Jessica of what happened?

 

 

"Did something happen?" 

 

 

It hit Yuri. She remembered why she ran to Jessica's room in the first place. They had to get out from the hospital before those men found them. She could take care about her doubt later when she was sure Jessica was safe.

 

 

"Sica, we need to get out from here" 

 

 

"Wae?" 

 

 

"Just do what I tell you. Come on" 

 

 

Yuri helped Jessica to get up from the bed. She had ignored Jessica's questions for it wasn't her concern at the moment. 

 

 

"Yuri, what happened? Why are you rushing?" 

 

 

"I will tell you later, please just get changed now. We will go from here" 

 

 

"But.. I still need to see doctor" 

 

 

"I will take care of it. Please Sica, just get changed, I will wait for you here" Yuri handed Jessica her clothes and gently pushed her toward the toilet. 

 

 

She waited for Jessica patiently while pacing back and forth infront of the toilet door. She seemed anxious but who wouldn't when the person she loved was in danger. 

 

 

She sighed loudly "Why am I running? This is not right. I shouldn't run, but keeping Jessica safe is my priority now"

 

 

She contemplated for a moment. "Yes, I must stand against him. He aims to harm Sica and I will not let him"

 

 

____

 

 

"Now Sica, listen to me. This is my car key" Yuri handed her car key to Jessica "Go to my car and wait inside until I come okay?" 

 

 

"W-What about you?" 

 

 

"I need to settle something first" 

 

 

Jessica held her gaze for moment to Yuri before sighing. She was worried but if Yuri wouldn't want to tell her yet she would try to understand her. 

 

 

"Sica?"

 

 

Though felt reluctant, Jessica nodded. Yuri casted a smile and planted a gentle kiss on Jessica's forehead before gently pushed the Journalist toward her car. She wouldn't go if she wasn't sure Jessica got inside the car safely. 

 

 

"Don't forget to lock the door!" Yuri shouted before dashing back to the building. 

 

 

____

 

 

Yuri was walking with hands inside her pants pockets when she bumped into those men. They looked at Yuri in horror as if they saw a ghost. Well, they didn't expect to meet Yuri actually. 

 

 

They all had their heads down. The tension between them wasn't a joke and with Yuri having that piercing glare didn't help the situation either. If anyone they couldn't mess up after the Chairman was of course Yuri. 

 

 

"What are you doing?" She asked while scanning the men's faces.

 

 

No answer. They looked at each other hoping one would answer Yuri's question. 

 

 

"I asked you, what are you doing?!!" Yuri shouted, seemed she had lost her temper over those men. 

 

 

"W-We're s-sorry, Ma'am. W-We are searching for someone" One of the men which Yuri believed the one who in charged answered.

 

 

"Really? Is that someone happened to be Jessica?" 

 

 

They had their eyes wide, clearly shocking over the mention of name from Yuri's mouth. 

 

 

"Did he send you here to get Jessica?" 

 

 

Silence. 

 

 

"ANSWER ME!!"

 

 

"N-Nae.."

 

 

Yuri scoffed. "Then go, get her. But you need to pass through me first" 

 

 

She knew what she did. She awared that the old man wouldn't want his men to touch her and that was the only way out she could think of at the moment.

 

 

"Why aren't you moving? Your boss's order is to get Jessica, then go and get her. You will get fired if you don't bring her, right?" 

 

 

"But... we are instructed not to hurt you, Ma'am"

 

 

"Really? But thats the only way you can get Jessica. What should you do?" 

 

 

Yuri observed as the men began to exchange glance which they probably contemplated.

 

 

With one step closer, Yuri whispered enough for those men to hear "Here let me tell you what should you do, turn around and get back home. Tell that old man to not minding my or Jessica's business. You know I can be more scarier than that old man right? I will make sure each and everyone of you live your life miserably if you ever lean your hand on Jessica. Understand?" 

 

 

"...n-nae.." 

 

 

Judging by their voice, they were trembling as hell. But Yuri didn't guarantee they would stop chasing Jessica considering it was Chairman Kwon. It made Yuri wondered what would he do if he finally got Jessica, she couldn't imagine it either. But for sure she wouldn't let him touched her even an inch, never.

 

 

They bowed before turning around and got back home, probably to deliver Yuri's message to Chairman. 

 

 

____

 

 

Yuri headed back to the parking lot. Her phone suddenly rang indicating incoming call. She fished her phone and looked at the caller ID, it was Taeyeon. About to answer it but something else caught her attention. 

 

 

Her car door opened. 

 

 

Eyes went wide, hand held tightened on the phone and beads of sweat began coated her forehead. She sprinted to the car and saw no Jessica.

 

 

"DAMNIT!"

 

 

Yuri ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. She lost in words, stucked of ideas. She cursed, might be the men had taken Jessica. 

 

 

"Jessica!" She attempted to call incase the Journalist was still nearby. 

 

 

"Jessica!!"

 

 

Yuri checked from every corner of the parking lot but still she couldn't find Jessica anywhere. 

 

 

"SH*T!" 

 

 

Tears pooled her eyes, bending down and thinking how stupid she was to let Jessica alone inside the car. She hated herself for being careless. Now Jessica already in the hand of her evil grandpa which Yuri was sure he would do something. 

 

 

Yuri sobbed silently, her shoulders heaving from the heavy breathing and the constant sniffles-

 

 

"Yuri" 

 

 

She stopped.

 

 

"You okay?" 

 

 

Slowly, she lifted her head. There she saw Jessica stood infront of her, doing just fine. 

 

 

"Sica? Is that you?" 

 

 

"Yes, this is me. Why are y-"

 

 

Without giving Jessica much time to speak, Yuri embraced the Journalist real tight. 

 

 

"Yah! Where are you going? I told you to stay inside the car, WHY WOULDN'T YOU LISTEN TO ME?! WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPEN TO YOU? I will blame myself if that happen" Yuri said the words at furious pace.

 

 

Jessica was shocked and gave Yuri puzzled look. From the start she had no idea what was happening and now Yuri raised her voice on her. 

 

 

"I.. I was thirsty so I went to vending machine to buy a drink.." 

 

 

Hearing that soft voice made Yuri felt guilty yelling at her. She wouldn't mad if not because of she was worried. 

 

 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't yell at you like that" Yuri hung her head low. 

 

 

Just as she thought Jessica would scold her, warm palms covered her face and brought it up to stare at Jessica's brown orbs. 

 

 

"It's okay, I know you're worried. I'm sorry too for disappearing just like that" Jessica smiled. "So, shall we go now?" 

 

 

Yuri nodded her head then they walked side by side toward Yuri's car. 

 

 

Along the journey, their hands were intertwined with each other especial

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter