Chapter 7

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was strolling around the penthouse while Yuri was taking a bath. She hummed random songs with her hands on her back. All of sudden she felt familiar with the house.

 

 

"This house is huge" 

 

 

She was looking at the pictures hanging on the wall. Sometimes she would smile looking at one of the picture of Yuri with Taeyeon, hugging each other and smiling proudly to the camera. 

 

 

Until she came to this one picture that attracted her attention. She scanned the picture and for second her brows would knit. 

 

 

"Who is this?" 

 

 

"That's my mother" 

 

 

"Aah!" Jessica yelped and covering . "Ms. Kwon, you scared me" 

 

 

"Sorry" Yuri said before turning around. 

 

 

Jessica was in awe as she eyed Yuri. Yuri's hair was still wet after taking a shower and she had towel around her neck. She looked hot that way to Jessica's eyes. 

 

 

Yuri was heading to the kitchen. She stood against the bench while facing the living room. They would accidently stared at each other and Jessica would avoid it first. She took a seat on the coach while trying to control her heartbeat since Yuri's eyes were still on her. 

 

 

"Here" The Journalist was startled, Yuri handed her a drink right infront of her face. She assumed Yuri had intentionally did that.

 

 

With trembling hands, Jessica reached for the drink. Their hands were touched slightly and it sent spark through Jessica's body. 

 

 

She wasn't sure but she saw Yuri was smirking before taking a seat infront of her. Yuri sat with her crossed arms and legs. 

 

 

"Damn, why she has to be that hot? Stop pleasee" Jessica mentally cursed. 

 

 

"You heard me right?" Yuri suddenly asked. 

 

 

"Nae? H-Heard what?" Jessica was anxious, did Yuri say something after giving her the juice? She took a sip of it.

 

 

Yuri leaned forward. "That we are going to get married 2 months from now" 

 

 

Jessica almost choked to death upon hearing Yuri's statement. Some of the juice spilled out of and wetting her shirt. Her eyes went wide, as if it would come out from it socket. 

 

 

"A-Are you serious?" 

 

 

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

 

 

"N-No... I...I mean, it was just to make T-Tiffany j-jealous right?" Jessica stuttered badly. 

 

 

Yuri chuckled, earning a confuse look from Jessica. Why would she laugh? Did she just make fun of Jessica?

 

 

"Why would I say that to make Tiffany jealous?" 

 

 

"B-Because you asked me f-for help just now..." 

 

 

"Oh.. I did?" Yuri scratched her head. "Okay look, I did ask for your help but I was serious about us getting married" 

 

 

Jessica felt like her heart stopped beating for the moment, she couldn't breath properly anymore and as if the room had short of oxygen. 

 

 

'I will die, I will die'

 

 

Yuri's expression suddenly turned into serious one. It was indeed scary to look at but in Jessica's eyes she still looked adorable. 

 

 

"Can I be honest with you?" 

 

 

Jessica didn't answer. She didn't know what to answer. Apart from her wanted it but the other part didn't want to listen to Yuri. She was confused with herself too. 

 

 

Hearing no answer from the Journalist, Yuri took it as a yes. 

 

 

"I like you since the first time I laid my eyes on you"

 

 

That was it, Jessica was dead by now. It was too much for her to handle. Her heart couldn't control the excitement, it was about to burst out of her chest. 

 

 

Suddenly she loved the statement. Suddenly she loved the 13 words more than ever. 

 

 

But.. Yuri used the word 'like' instead of 'love'

 

 

"And since I have this feeling, I don't want to wait longer anymore. I want to take it to the next level" Yuri said, her eyes were still on Jessica. 

 

 

Jessica was sad, because Yuri didn't say the word 'love' that she was waiting for. She loved Yuri, she just realized now when they met eyes when Yuri was in the kitchen.

 

 

She lowered her head, feeling disappointed. 'Like' was not enough when you wanted to be in relationship with someone, morever when you were going to live with each other. If 'Love' could change, no doubt that 'Like' could too.

 

 

Also, if 'like' could bring into relationship, Jessica and Taeyeon would be a couple by now since Jessica liked Taeyeon for her kindness. 

 

 

Realizing Jessica's expression, Yuri immediately apologized. 

 

 

"I'm sorry if I was too straightforward. I.. I didn't know you already have someone.."

 

 

"No" Jessica quickly retorted. "I'm not belong to anyone" 

 

 

Yuri's lips twisted into small smile. "Really?" 

 

 

Jessica nodded. "I just.. shocked. Yeah, just shocked. Thats it" 

 

 

"Then.." Yuri massaged her temple, she was not really this type of person but didn't know why infront of Jessica she felt like someone else. 

 

 

Jessica realized the hesitant in Yuri's and she was thinking of the idea how to get out from the topic. She wasn't comfortable with the thing they were discussing and she believed Yuri wasn't too. 

 

 

Just then she remembered the reason she came to Yuri's house in the first place. She took out her notebook, allowing herself to focus on the thing they supposed to do at first.

 

 

"So... let me ask you-"

 

 

"I don't feel like answering your question right now" Yuri cut off. "Can we postpone it to another day?" 

 

 

Jessica gulped in nervous. She also didn't have the urge to ask Yuri the question anymore since the confession.  So slowly she closed back the book and stared at her feet as if it was the most suitable thing to look at. 

 

 

"I'm sorry" Yuri spoke up "I know I shouldn't do or say that, I shouldn't ask you to marry me when you have no feelings" 

 

 

'No! I do have feelings for you. I do love you!' 

 

 

"I love her, still. I want to be with her, myself do choose her, but my heart... I don't think it can accept her. For all this time we were together, I was blinded to see that my heart is not choosing her. I told her everyday that I love her, I want to be with her forever, but in fact it isn't not the things that my heart wants. I feel like, it's longing for someone. Someone that I don't even know is still exist in this world or not" Yuri opened up. 

 

 

Jessica didn't has to be smart to know who Yuri refered to as 'her', she knew it and hated the fact that it hurt her so bad, so bad until she wanted to run faster as she could. 

 

 

Yuri looked up to see into Jessica's eyes. "I hope you can help me move on from her, because I like you, Sica" 

 

 

The Journalist flinched by the way Yuri said her name.

 

 

Sica.

 

 

No one had called her with that name before and it was only from Yuri. 

 

 

However, Jessica didn't like how Yuri seemed to use her to move on from Tiffany. Yuri thought that by marrying Jessica she could get rid of Tiffany from her head. She didn't like the idea afterall. 

 

 

"Er..em.. I think I need to go now" Jessica said after glancing at her wristwatch. 

 

 

"I have... lot of work to do in the office" Liar! She had nothing to do actually. Her boss didn't give her any task other than this one, since Yuri and Tiffany's story was really calling for money so the boss wanted Jessica to just focus on it. 

 

 

Yuri raised her brows for she knew the real reason why Jessica suddenly wanted to go. Ofcourse to avoid the topic. But Yuri just played cool and nodded, signaling Jessica it was good for her to go. 

 

 

Jessica received the sign and began to pack up before stood up and rushed to the front door. But then her walk was stopping by Yuri's husky voice. 

 

 

"I will wait for your answer, Sica" 

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

Two gorgeous women just landed in Seoul Airport and immediately went to their rent car after taking all their luggage. 

 

 

Yoona was walking elegantly toward the exit, meanwhile Seohyun was pushing the cart. For times, she would nag on how heavy their luggage were and whining that Yoona had brought rocks with her. 

 

 

"Stop nagging hyunnie, just push it" Yoona said. 

 

 

"And you stop calling me hyunnie" Seohyun fired back. It wasn't something new to Yoona because Seohyun always spoke back to her. 

 

 

As they were outside the airport, Yoona spreaded her arms for she was happy to be home. 

 

 

"Finally! I'm home! Oh I miss Korea!" Yoona sang. 

 

 

"But Korea don't miss you" Seohyun sang too. 

 

 

"Hey! Thats rude" 

 

 

"I always rude to you" 

 

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. The first thing she wanted to do in Korea was, not to be offended by anything and just had fun because she finally home after spending 4 years in US, yet Seohyun was testing her. 

 

 

Sometimes she just wanted to be alone in everywhere she headed to, but her so-called annoying manager aka Seohyun was always with her like 24/7. She couldn't move freely because if she did, Seohyun would judge first. 

 

 

"Find yourself home!" Yoona said, slightly shouted. 

 

 

"Well too bad, all the details on where you're staying and what you're going to do after this are with me. So you can't ditch me" Seohyun raised her brow, feeling proud. 

 

 

Yoona growled. "When will I stay away from this witch?" 

 

 

"Just so you know, the one you call witch is the one that taking care of for 3 years now. The one who wake early everyday just to prepare breakfast for you every morning, who manage all your schedules, who fight with agencies to get paid just how you deserve, who follow you everywhere you go just to make sure your image is always in good state, who-"

 

 

"Who talk back to someone that older than her and had no respect to her boss" Yoona cut Seohyun off. 

 

 

"Look Seohyun, I don't mind if you want to follow me everywhere I go but just please atleast respect me as your unnie or if not unnie, just enough as your boss who pay for your salary!" Yoona was in heavybreathing. 

 

 

Was she mad? No. Indeed she felt relieved after let out all of it, the things that she wanted to say since then. 

 

 

"Sometimes I ask myself, who is the boss between me and you"

 

 

Seohyun was silence, not because she admited

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter