Chapter 20

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N] Hi my beloved readers! Hope you still remember this story. Enjoy! 

 

 

 

__________

 

"No!" 

 

She jerked up from lying position, breathing heavily with sweaty face and palms. For 3 consecutive days, she had that dream. She didn't know what but felt like the dream was real and she had really experienced it before.

 

Clutching her chest, she turned beside her only to find no one. The person she was looking for wasn't on her side. She began to panic as her eyes filled with tears. 

 

"Yuri?" Jessica couldn't stay still in her place, she desperately searched for her wife. 

 

"No! Yuri!" She shouted on top of her lung. She was scared, scared of being alone and that Yuri would leave her. 

 

She found herself hardly breathing. Calling for Yuri name, Jessica leaned her back on the headboard of bed while hugging her knees toward her chest. She was shaking her head heavily to flush off that nightmare from her head. 

 

Jessica closed her eyes, hoping when she opened it back, Yuri would be in front of her. God heard her pled, just then the door opened and revealed Yuri who immediately climbed on the bed. 

 

"Sica? Hey hey" Yuri tried to get Jessica knew that she was there. 

 

"Sica!" 

 

As Jessica heard that voice, she opened her eyes. 

 

"Yuri" She threw her body to the tanned woman and hugged her real tight. 

 

Yuri didn't know what was wrong with Jessica but she could ask about that later as for now what she needed to do was to calm the Journalist first. 

 

"It's okay, baby. I'm here" 

 

Jessica's sob became louder as Yuri tightened the hug; the only thing she could think of at the moment. 

 

"Don't leave me" Jessica said. 

 

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm sorry I wasn't by your side when you woke up" Yuri said in gentle manner. 

 

The tanned woman was in her study room checking few papers when she heard Jessica shouted for her name. 

 

However, Yuri awared this wasn't first time Jessica woke up and was crying for her. This happened 2 days ago as well when Yuri just came out from bathroom to see Jessica was crying her heart out calling for Yuri's name. 

 

Yuri was worried afterward but decided not to push questions as Jessica seemed to forget what happened after she woke up in the next morning. 

 

Few minutes later, Yuri didn't hear anything from the woman beneath her. She looked down and saw Jessica already got back to sleep as her breathing had back to normal. Slowly, Yuri retreated her body and carefully place Jessica's head on the pillow. 

 

Yuri joined Jessica on the bed. She stared at her wife's face lovingly as she caressed it. 

 

"What happened Sica?" Yuri blinked and tears flowed down. It was rarely for someone like Yuri to shed a tear but when it came to Jessica she felt weak. 

 

Actually they were few things that lingered in Yuri's mind. First thing, which Yuri certained could be high posibility, Jessica dreamt accident 7 years ago. Second thing, related to her father and Yuri's grandpa. Just by having those thoughts, made Yuri felt guilty. 

 

There came times when Yuri couldn't stand on keeping the truth about Jessica's father. She had urge to tell Jessica as she thought the Journalist had right to know, but to think about it, what if Jessica left her? She couldn't promise she would survive her life without Jessica. 

 

Yuri got up, after giving a soft kiss on Jessica's forehead. She sat at the edge of the bed for a moment while massaging the bridge of her nose. Her mind came acrossed with Taeyeon's advice:

 

"I'm not saying you're cruel but don't you think Jessica has a right to know about her father? Maybe it is her mother job to tell but for now you're the closer one to her, who take that responsibility to tell her. Moreover, you know everything. It is better for her to hear it from you than someone else. I doubt if that happen it will getting more worse" - Taeyeon. 

 

She felt more guilty after Taeyeon said that. She didn't deny it, in fact it was true. By mean of someone else that Taeyeon referring to, Yuri afraid it would be her grandpa. The old man probably had something in his sleeves right now. It wasn't just that, he must also planned to make Jessica's family suffered more. Knowing Chairman Kwon, he wouldn't stop until everyone died. 

 

Feeling like she had to drink, Yuri headed to kitchen. She was pouring a water on a glass when her phone buzzed and Tiffany's name appeared on the phone screen. She frowned. 

 

"Why she calls me in this midnight?" 

 

Nevertheless, she answered. Before Yuri could speak, Tiffany did first. 

 

Tiffany: "Yu.. Yuri.."

 

"Fany?" 

 

Tiffany: "Yuri... help me, I'm scared" 

 

"Hey, tell me what happened? Where are you?" 

 

Tiffany: "I.. I was in the club and.. and there is this creepy guy who chasing for me. Help me Yuri, I don't want to die" 

 

Tiffany crying could be heard on the other line. 

 

Yuri bited her nail. Tiffany seemed really in help. "Which club are you?" 

 

Tiffany: "It is club few blocks away from your building" 

 

"Okay okay, stay wherever you are"

 

Tiffany: "You're coming Yul?" 

 

It took Yuri seconds to answer. "I will try" 

 

Tiffany: "Okay, come faster Yul. The guy might get me anytime" 

 

Tiffany ended the call and now Yuri was in dilemma, whether to go to Tiffany and left Jessica alone or... 

 

"Taeng" 

 

Yuri had better idea so she dialed Taeyeon's number. For the first few seconds Taeyeon hadn't answered the phone call and Yuri felt anxious. It was no way she would leave Jessica when she needed her the most to go to Tiffany. 

 

Just when Yuri about to give up, Taeyeon's faint voice could be heard. 

 

"Yah, Taeng" 

 

Taeyeon: "Em? Why are you calling this late night?" 

 

"I need help! No! Tiffany needs help!" 

 

Taeyeon: "What?! Owww" 

 

Yuri heard a sound of something hit something. "You okay?" 

 

Taeyeon: "Yeah, just falling. What did you say?" 

 

Taeyeon's voice had changed from the earlier after the mention of Tiffany's name. 

 

"Tiffany just called and she is in trouble now. I can't go to her because Jessica needs me. Can you go check on her? I'm worried"

 

Taeyeon didn't say anything afterward, all Yuri could hear was her breathing. 

 

"Taeng? Are you there?" 

 

Taeyeon: "O-Oh yeah..."

 

"So?"

 

Taeyeon: "I.. I don't know Yul" 

 

Yuri sighed. "Do you want to help me or not? I can wait but Tiffany cannot wait" 

 

Taeyeon: "Emm... okay" 

 

Yuri smiled widely hearing Taeyeon's answer. "Okay. I will text you where she is. Thank you Taeng. Sorry if I'm troubled you"

 

Yuri ended the call and texted Taeyeon the address straight away. 

 

Not that Yuri didn't want to help Tiffany when the Supermodel needed but what if Jessica woke up again and was searching for her and she wasn't by her side. If she had to choose, of course she chose Jessica, her wife. 

 

After finished with her drink, Yuri headed back to her room. She saw Jessica was still sleeping and she climbed the bed carefully not to wake the Journalist. 

 

"Goodnight, Sica" Yuri kissed Jessica's forehead lightly before joining her to dreamland. 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

*buzz

 

Feeling her phone vibrate on her hand, she immediately looked up at it and mentally read the address. Her brows knitted upon reading it as she recognized the name of the club. 

 

Taeyeon remained glued on her bed. She just woke up when Yuri called her and her mind slowly processing everything. But of course she could digest information about Tiffany. 

 

But.. she called Yuri for help, not her. So why should she go instead? 

 

After long minutes of internal debate, she made her mind, grabbed her jacket and went out from her house. She couldn't stay still, not when knowing Tiffany was in danger. 

 

Minutes later, Taeyeon arrived in front of the club. She stepped on the brake, turned off the engine and came out from the car. It was not an unusual thing to see people had queued up waiting to go inside. Taeyeon groaned. Did she has to queue up as well? No. She thought. 

 

"Sorry Miss, you have to queue up" A big man stretched his arm preventing Taeyeon from getting inside. 

 

"But my friend is inside" 

 

"Still you need to queue up" 

 

Taeyeon sighed. This wasn't a good sign. How long she had to wait? Tiffany might face danger now. 

 

She wasn't giving up. Instead of queueing up, she actually went to the side of the club. She walked along the alley and that was when she saw a man, drunk man to be exact, was pulling an arm of a girl.

 

"Oi!" Taeyeon shouted and ran toward the man but he ran first before Taeyeon could catch him. 

 

As the man disappeared, Taeyeon turned to the girl earlier. The girl was covering her face, feeling frightened. "Miss, are you okay? It's okay, he alre-"

 

The girl slowly raised her head only then Taeyeon could see her perfect and familiar visual. 

 

"Tiffany?" 

 

Wordlessly, Tiffany threw her body to Taeyeon, making the short woman lost in words by the sudden action. Her eyes widened and agaped in surprise. 

 

However, her expression then turned into worried as she heard constant sniffles from the Supermodel. Taeyeon slightly pushed Tiffany. 

 

"H-Hey, it's okay. You are safe now" 

 

Tiffany lifted her head and met Taeyeon's caring and lovely gaze, she could feel it. On the other hand, Taeyeon couldn't help but feeling her heartbeat was begun to go wild. 

 

They stared at each other for a while. Through darkness, Taeyeon could see Tiffany's glowing face. Her beauty stood out even in the dark. Meanwhile, Tiffany didn't back away. She kept staring at Taeyeon's face, eyes and lips. 

 

"Thank you for coming" 

 

Eventhough Tiffany felt a bit disappointed because knowing Yuri asked another person to come instead and she kind of expected Yuri was the one she hugged. But when she saw Taeyeon's face, she knew the short woman's intention to help was sincere. 

 

Taeyeon smiled and nodded her head to answer to Tiffany. She mentally thanked Yuri for asking her although she felt reluctant at first but she was glad she came. 

 

"Are you okay?" 

 

"I think so" Tiffany rubbed tears on her cheek with the back of her hand. 

 

"We have to go, who knows he may coming back" 

 

Tiffany just nodded and she walked away from there with Taeyeon followed in suit. 

 

"Are you sure you okay to drive?" Taeyeon asked as they arrived at where Tiffany parked her car. 

 

Tiffany just gave her a small smile. "I'm sure Tae, no worries" 

 

Tae. 

 

She called Taeyeon with that nickname again which Taeyeon had not heard it for while now. But that night Tiffany just called her Tae. Her heart was full with joy. 

 

However, Tiffany's expression bothered her. As if the Supermodel wasn't really relief the fact that Taeyeon actually saved her. That point Taeyeon felt hurt. She knew Tiffany was expecting Yuri, from the first she always expected for Yuri. 

 

Taeyeon forced a smile. "Okay, you better go now. It's getting late. I will follow you later so I make sure you arrive home safely" 

 

Tiffany silently thankful that Taeyeon was considerated and cared toward her. This act Taeyeon was putting on could melt anyone heart. But not Tiffany, her heart didn't beat for Taeyeon. Not yet. 

 

Expressing a smile, the Supermodel hopped on the car and drove away from the club. Meanwhile, Taeyeon just stayed still when Tiffany's car disappeared. Her hand placed on her chest, feeling the heartbeat as silly smile plastered on her face. The way Tiffany smiled to her was the cause of the rapid heartbeat. 

 

Suddenly, she remembered something. She said she would follow Tiffany but the Supermodel was already far ahead. Taeyeon scratched her head, how could she forget. But to think of it, she knew where Tiffany lived, so might be she could go to her house instead? She didn't know. 

 

"I can just give her a call later" Taeyeon decided. 

 

She sighed, looking at where Tiffany headed one more time before walked back to her car.

 

 

____

 

Taeyeon arrived home. She immediately threw her tired body on the couch, followed by a heavy sigh. The thing in Tiffany's eyes told something. The fact that Tiffany was looking for Yuri instead of her, who was right in front of her eyes. 

 

Eventhough, Taeyeon knew Yuri was the one who asked her to go to Tiffany but still, she felt hurt knowing the Supermodel had called Yuri for help. 

 

What should Taeyeon do to get Tiffany's attention? She didn't know. 

 

"Arrgghh" Taeyeon growled. Without realizing, tears formed in her eyes. 

 

'Should I just give up?'

 

As she was in deep thought, her phone vibrated that she didn't realize she held it all this time. She lazily opened the message and what shocked her, Tiffany's name happened to be the sender. Immediately, she sat up straight as she shepishly grinned. 

 

From: Tiffany 

 

I safely arrived. Thank you Tae, see you soon. 💗

 

Her eyes almost fell out from its socket. Did she see it right? Tiffany just sent her a love? 

 

She jumped here and there to show how happy she was. She felt like seeing a firework. Finally, she got a love from Tiffany eventhough it was just through a text message. She could see a chance there. Did she want to give up as she said? No. 

 

Her mini celebration was interrupted with a phone call. Without looking at the phone screen, still feeling excited, Taeyeon answered. 

 

Yuri: "Taeng, hows Tiffany?" 

 

Taeyeon's expression changed abruptly as Yuri said Tiffany's name. Why she still concerned about Tiffany when she had Jessica? 

 

Yuri: "Taeng? Are you there?" 

 

"Oh yeah, Yul. Yes, she is fine" 

 

Yuri: "You don't sound convincing at all" 

 

Taeyeon stayed quiet. 

 

Yuri sighed from the other line. 

 

Yuri: "I know what you think Taeng. And I tell you, I worried because she is my friend. She used to be someone special to me but I have Jessica now and I love her. I hope you understand what I mean" 

 

To say what Taeyeon hated the most was when Yuri knew what she was thinking, until she couldn't hide from the tanned woman. But she never hated Yuri. She loved her the most. 

 

"Sorry, Yul" All Taeyeon could say. 

 

Yuri: "It's okay Taeng. I will hang up now. You go rest okay? Bye, see you tomorrow" 

 

"Okay" 

 

The call ended. Taeyeon didn't want to think about it so she went straight to her room to continue her sleep. 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

The next morning, Yuri and Jessica were awoken almost at the same time. 

 

"Morning" Jessica greeted first. 

 

"Morning, baby" Yuri greeted back, her eyes still closed. 

 

Hearing a giggle, Yuri opened her eyes and met with Jessica's loving gaze. This was what Yuri meant by Jessica forgot about her nightmare when she woke up. Yuri was glad but anxious at the same time. 

 

"Are you okay?" 

 

"Hm-mm" 

 

Yuri found herself staring at Jessica as she the Journalist's hair. Though she just woke up but her beauty stood out. Meanwhile, Jessica bit her lower lip when she realized Yuri was checking her out. Yuri chuckled. 

 

"What are you doing?" 

 

Yuri felt like she lost already though she didn't know what they were playing. 

 

"What? I didn't do anything" But she purposely bit her lip again. 

 

"You better stop, I might lose it now" 

 

"Then let it be" 

 

Jessica moved dangerously closed to Yuri causing their nose to touch each other. Yuri mentally cursed when Jessica placed hand on her chest because of course the Journalist could feel the rapid heartbeat. 

 

Yuri found herself hard to breath when Jessica's hand moved slowly downward toward her stomach then sneakily went inside her shirt. She closed her eyes for the pleasure, Jessica's cold hand felt so good on her skin. Jessica slightly gasped feeling Yuri's abs. 

 

As Yuri was about to get into the feeling Jessica suddenly stopped and the Journalist retreated her hand. Yuri opened her eyes only to meet Jessica's cheeky grin. 

 

"Later. You need to go to work" 

 

Before the tanned woman could complain, Jessica gave a peck on Yuri's lips before brought herself up heading to the bathroom. If she didn't has work to do, they might end up in the bed but unfortunately, today Jessica had early meeting with her boss. 

 

As her back was backfacing Yuri - who still lying stunned on the bed - Jessica smirked as she had better idea. She purposely took off her pajama when Yuri was still looking. Her wife's mouth wide opened with the show she was putting. 

 

Jessica took off her attire one by one until she left with bra and only. Yuri gulped, she asked herself what was Jessica thinking to like this. Last night Jessica was different from morning Jessica. 

 

Jessica knew Yuri was drooling for her, so she walked to the bathroom swaying her hips. When she was already inside, she exhaled heavily. She herself was nervous from teasing Yuri so bad because she had never done that before and just what happened to her this morning? 

 

 

____

 

Yuri finished getting ready and later joined Jessica on the dining table. She kissed Jessica's forehead before settled on her own seat. 

 

"Hows your day gonna be today?" Yuri asked as she put some jelly on her bun. 

 

Jessica shrugged. "Just having an early meeting with boss, have to finish a story, then have a lunch, then get back to work then finish at 5" 

 

Yuri nodded, she thought Jessica had a boring life but wouldn't say it out loud. 

 

"How about you?" 

 

It took Yuri moment to answer and Jessica had to look at her. 

 

"Emm.. I have a conference today.." 

 

"I see-" 

 

"At Hwang Hotel" 

 

Jessica stopped munching. The reason was Hwang Hotel, which she certained Tiffany would be there too. 

 

"Tiffany won't be there. If that what you asked"

 

"I-I didn't say anything" 

 

"I know you. She won't be there because this conference has nothing to do with her" 

 

"You are being sarcastic" 

 

"I'm not" 

 

"Your face is too serious" 

 

"This is my expression" 

 

"Your tone is-" 

 

"Jessica. Stop" Yuri sternly commanded. 

 

Jessica didn't know herself as well. She began to talk a lot over the mention of Tiffany's name, obviously she couldn't forget what the Supermodel said to her few days ago. 

 

Yuri sighed. "I will send you to work" 

 

"Nevermind. You bought me car so I can use it" 

 

"Jessica. Are you jealous?" 

 

Jessica knitted her brows to Yuri. "Why would I?" 

 

"Oh so you're not?" 

 

Jessica didn't answer. She looked down at her food and played with it and it brought smile on Yuri's face. She knew Jessica was jealous if she was going to meet Tiffany but the Journalist was too embarassed to admit it. 

 

"I will send you" Yuri said again. 

 

"Okay" Jessica gave in this time. 

 

 

____

 

They were in silence along 10 minutes of their journey to Jessica's workplace. The Journalist kept her eyes outside the window and she crossed her arms. 

 

"Aren't you going to talk to me?" 

 

"There is nothing to talk about" 

 

"Of course there is. How about you tell me what story you are writing?" Yuri talked as her eyes stayed on the road. She would occasionally look at Jessica. 

 

"It's boring" Jessica answered short. 

 

Yuri grinned in amusement. Obviously, her wife was sulking. 

 

"Oh remember tomorrow we need to go to boutique for dress fitting" 

 

That statement managed to get Jessica's attention when the latter turned her head almost immediately to Yuri. 

 

"For what?" 

 

"You forget?" 

 

Jessica frowned. "About what?" 

 

"Day after tomorrow, we will announce our marriage to the world" 

 

The Journalist's mouth frantically opened. "It's this week? Omg, why so fast?" 

 

"What so fast? You are not ready?" 

 

"No, I mean, I'm ready but.. it's just that..." Jessica trailed off. 

 

Yuri reached for Jessica's hand and held tight on it. 

 

"No worries, everything will be okay" Yuri assured her wife. She knew Jessica was nervous and couldn't agree more when she was nervous too. 

 

Finally they arrived at Jessica's workplace. Their hands were still intertwined with each other and seemed Jessica didn't plan to let go, she was daydreaming until Yuri had to shake her. 

 

"Yul" 

 

"Hm?"

 

"I'm scared. What if your grandpa can't accept it?" 

 

Yuri could predict this question would eventually came from Jessica. 

 

"Baby, I told you, everything will be okay. I will be by your side to protect you if grandpa intends to hurt you. I already married to you, so like it or not, that old man has to accept you as my wife now. Okay? Don't think much about it" 

 

Jessica exhaled. Atleast she got assurance from Yuri that enough to ease her heart. She smiled, Yuri's hand with her thumb. 

 

"Err, are you planning to let my hand go? Because I need to go to work" Yuri said

 

"Oh, sorry" 

 

Jessica finally let go. She then bid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter