Chapter 14

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No! I'm late!" 

 

 

The midget rummaged through the paper on top of the table, trying to organize all with frown visible on her cute face. 

 

 

In the midst of collecting the papers, someone actually on her door that she failed to notice. The person had hands on her pant pockets while walking towards the midget's desk. 

 

 

"What are you doing?" 

 

 

"Oh Yul, I'm late. I need to go to airport. I promise to pick Hyo"

 

 

Yuri made an O sign with . "So she's coming back today?" 

 

 

"Yes" Taeyeon answered without looking at the tanned woman. 

 

 

"Thats good then, so we can proceed with the dance class" 

 

 

"Yeah" She agreed before diverted her attention to Yuri who had sad expression. 

 

 

"And you? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to have lunch now?" 

 

 

Yuri shrugged. "I mean, I don't have friend to company me" it was like a hint for Taeyeon. 

 

 

Taeyeon looked at Yuri with apologetic look "Sorry Yul, I promised Hyo already. Why don't you go with Jessica?" 

 

 

Yuri let a heavy and loud sigh. Just by Taeyeon mentioning the name, she missed the Journalist already. "She hadn't answered my phone call nor my text, so.."

 

 

"So you're going to keep quiet about it?" 

 

 

"I don't know, I'm tired"

 

 

Taeyeon stopped what she was doing and focussed on the tanned woman. This wasn't Yuri that she was talking with. The Vice President Kwon Yuri wouldn't stay quiet if anything managed to bother her head, especially in Jessica's case. But now, she sounded like she had given up. 

 

 

"Whats wrong with you? Are you sick?"

 

 

"I told you I'm tired" 

 

 

"Tired of what? Jessica?" 

 

 

Yuri didn't answer nor she objected and it somehow brought confusion in Taeyeon. 

 

 

"Don't tell me you give up on her?"

 

 

"I'm not! I believe she needs some time for whatever that come across her mind right now or maybe someone did something again and she decides to avoid me. I just don't know" 

 

 

This time, it was Taeyeon who let out a sigh. "Then go to her house and talk to her. Your marriage is less than a month apart. I don't know but nowadays you guys seem to face more problems. I think you two should be careful"  

 

 

"That because there are some people who still envy on us" Yuri rolled her eyes.

 

 

For sure Taeyeon knew what Yuri meant. Yes, she knew about Tiffany sent pictures of them to Jessica and the thought of Tiffany already moved on from Yuri was totally wrong. 

 

 

"Taeng"

 

 

"Oh.. yeah?"

 

 

"You said you're late" 

 

 

"Oh yes, I am. Erm.. I will go now. I will join you later for lunch, just text me the place. Is there anything you need Ms. Kwon before I go?" 

 

 

Yuri smiled before answering. "No I'm good. You can go now"

 

 

"N-Nae Ms. Kwon" Taeyeon bowed, grabbing her purse before dashing out from her office room and out from the building. 

 

 

Yuri hadn't yet moved from her spot, probably thinking about Taeyeon's suggestion on going to Jessica's house to find out what was wrong with the Journalist. 

 

 

Her phone beeped. Immediately she took it out, hoping it was from Jessica but to her dismay it was just her father who reminded her to get home during dinner time. Yuri sighed. Few days ago, the father was asking her to come home as he said he had something to announce. She was hoping it wasn't something related to his resignation as President of Mega K, she hadn't ready to hold the tittle. 

 

 

Her fingers typed on the phone screen to reply the message then placed it back on her coat pocket before leaving for lunch. 

 

 

____

 

 

About 20 minutes later, Yuri arrived at the restaurant and immediately texted Taeyeon the address. 

 

 

She sighed the moment she took a seat on the comfy chair. She wished she was with her fiancee, she missed Jessica already. But what could she do, Jessica was avoiding her again for who knew the reason was and she was tired with the drama. 

 

 

Not that she was giving up, but she couldn't understand why it was hard to just be happy with Jessica as they were too many obstacles or people who wanted to crush them. Not to mention, the most person who didn't want them to be together was her grandfather, her own family member. 

 

 

Tiffany. Yuri had short of idea on how to make the supermodel realized that she had no interest on her anymore. Tiffany was stubborn and Yuri knew her well. 

 

 

And there was Donghae, adding one more to already much problems. Yuri knew for sure he worked for her grandfather for the position as CEO of KY holding. For her, he was so cheap and a coward. 

 

 

Her thought was interrupted by arrival of the waiter who wanted to take her order. After she was done, the waiter left her and she was back to her own thought. 

 

 

From the corner of her eyes, she could see someone, or to be exact a girl with perfect features was walking towards her place. She didn't look at it, might be she just imagine thing. But to her dismay, the girl really came to her. 

 

 

"Yuri unnie?"

 

 

Yuri lifted her head only to see a young and beautiful girl was standing beside her. 

 

 

"Omg, it's really you unnie" 

 

 

Didn't want to be rude, Yuri flashed a smile though she couldn't remember who the girl was. 

 

 

The girl chuckled. "You don't remember me, do you?" 

 

 

Yuri shook her head slowly. 

 

 

"It's me, SinB. Hwang SinB" 

 

 

The moment SinB mentioned the 'Hwang', Yuri made an O mouth. Now this tanned woman remembered. 

 

 

"Yeah SinB, I know you" 

 

 

"Yes! I'm glad you still remember me" 

 

 

"Of course I remember you. What are you doing here?"

 

 

SinB blushed. Actually, SinB was Tiffany's cousin and Yuri was her crush back when Tiffany introduced her to Hwang family. She fell for Yuri in first sight.

 

 

"I'm having a lunch" 

 

 

"Alone?" 

 

 

"Yeah" 

 

 

"Why don't you join me? I'm alone too. Well, my bestfriend is late so technically I'm alone now" Yuri chuckled. 

 

 

"Can I?" 

 

 

"Of course. Come take a seat" Yuri gestured on the vacant chair in front of her. 

 

 

Though feeling nervous, SinB still took a seat. She didn't want to be rude for rejecting Yuri. Plus, she was happy to finally able to meet her crush again. 

 

 

"Thank you" 

 

 

"So how are you doing?" 

 

 

"I-I'm good"

 

 

Yuri laughed. "You're cute, still" 

 

 

SinB just nodded while lowering her head. Her face was probably red by the way Yuri complimented her. She had not met Yuri for over 3 years already and of course it was kind of awkward to suddenly bump into each other.

 

 

"You're pretty too" SinB mumbled but Yuri could hear it clearly. 

 

 

"Thanks" 

 

 

For few minutes they kept talking about random thing and Yuri being a curious one among both was asking how SinB was doing and how she could survive alone in California because her family all lived in Korea. 

 

 

Their conversation was cutting short by the appearance of a midget. 

 

 

"Sorry, Yul. I was sending Hyo to her hotel first" Taeyeon said as she took a seat beside SinB. She had not yet realized the girl.

 

 

"It's okay Taeng. Oh meet SinB, and SinB this is Taeyeon, my bestfriend and my secretary"

 

 

Only then Taeyeon looked at her side and immediately mesmerized by the beauty of the girl. opened slightly and the way she stared scaring SinB. 

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo" SinB bowed politely. She was thinking if she had met Taeyeon before because her face seemed familiar to her. 

 

 

"Oh Annyeong" Taeyeon greeted then fixed her gaze back to Yuri, raising a brow. 

 

 

Yuri understood the gesture and explained. "SinB is like my dongsaeng and we kind of bump into each other just now. Right SinB?" 

 

 

"Yeah, I just happen to have lunch here and saw Yuri unnie" 

 

 

Yuri smiled as if telling Taeyeon 'See? I told you the truth'. Yuri knew Taeyeon might had a thought that she was cheating behind Jessica's back and at the same time took opportunity of Jessica's disappearance to get with someone else. It wasn't Yuri's style really. 

 

 

"Do I make you two uncomfortable?" SinB asked since she found the two beautiful women were silence.

 

 

"No" The two said in unison. 

 

 

"Of course not. We are fine, I swear" Yuri genuinely smiled.

 

 

"Okay" 

 

 

Taeyeon was silence as she all the time observed the young girl beside her. The way she put her elbow on the table and chin on top of it while eyes fixing on SinB, made it looked like she already fell for the young girl. 

 

 

Meanwhile, Yuri was about to take a sip on her drink but noticed the situation instead. She looked at Taeyeon with furrow eyes. 

 

 

Taeyeon suddenly groaned while rubbing her legs which caused SinB to curiously stare at her. Yuri was kicking her from under the table. 

 

 

"Omo, are you okay Taeyeon unnie?" SinB asked worriedly. 

 

 

"Yes, I'm okay. Don't mind me" She then turned her gaze to Yuri with 'what-the-' look. 

 

 

"Oh SinB, what are you doing now? I mean, you told me years ago your dream is to be a model and I'm curious how would you turn out?" 

 

 

Taeyeon was like her face flaming with fire. She actually breathed in smoke because of Yuri ignored her. She wanted to punch this bestfriend of her on her beautiful face but remembering there was another person with them. 

 

 

"Yes, I had dreamt to become one and guess what unnie?" SinB said in excitement. 

 

 

Yuri raised brows. 

 

 

"I'm about to be one!" SinB squealed while clutching her fingers together. 

 

 

"Wow, really?" 

 

 

"Yeah. Now I'm just a trainee but soon I promised I will be one. Just like Tiffany unnie" 

 

 

The two women flinched by the name mentioned but in different way. Yuri lowered her head, avoiding SinB's eyes. 

 

 

"Oh. Sorry unnie, I didn't mean to mention her name" SinB felt bad. 

 

 

"No, it's okay. What would your sorry for?" Yuri beamed as if it was nothing to her. 

 

 

SinB sighed. "I know about it unnie. Heck, world know about it already. You don't have to hide anything from me" 

 

 

"I'm not hiding anything. As you said, world already know about this so, nothing to hide anymore" 

 

 

SinB leaned forward so she could come more closer to Yuri. "Good, because I don't want you to think about it. I'm here if you ever need someone" 

 

 

"Thank you SinB. But I'm good" 

 

 

On the other hand, Taeyeon was listening to their conversation. Just then, she knew SinB had something to offer to Yuri. The way she talked and gazed at Yuri, it wasn't something called as 'just dongsaeng' 

 

 

She didn't know why but she felt attacted to SinB. Something about the young girl that made Taeyeon wanted to know her more and got closer to her. 

 

 

Taeyeon opened to talk to SinB but Yuri bet her first. 

 

 

"Taeng, aren't you want to order your food?" 

 

 

SinB's gaze also turned towards her and it made Taeyeon coated in sweat. Even her gaze managed to make Taeyeon's heart beated faster. 

 

 

"Oh... erm..." 

 

 

"I can order it for you, unnie" SinB took the menu book. "What do you want?" 

 

 

It took Taeyeon several minutes to finally get to answer SinB's simple question. "A-Anything..."

 

 

"Okay. I recommend you to try this. It's my favourite" 

 

 

"O-Okay.. anything.." 

 

 

SinB smiled before raised her hand to call for the waiter. 

 

 

Meanwhile, Taeyeon felt a pair of eyes were on her. She lifted her head only to see Yuri's intense stare. Yuri raised her brows in questioning. And of course, the 'cool' Taeyeon always acted cool like nothing actually happened. 

 

 

The three then continued with their lunch with laughter until they managed to catch gawking from other customers.

 

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

Later that night, Yuri was coming home to the mansion. If not because of her father, she wouldn't ever step her feet on this kind of hell. 

 

 

Yuri was welcomed warmly by the butlers and maids. Of course for people who worked there for years missed the little ma'am of them. Yuri also missed them and sometimes she couldn't help to wonder how and why they could stand working on the place Yuri had called as hell. 

 

 

"Welcome home, Ma'am Kwon" 

 

 

Yuri flashed a warm smile. "Thank you, Mrs. Han" 

 

 

"You've become more beautiful. What is the secret?" 

 

 

The question amused Yuri. "It won't be a secret anymore if I tell you" <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter