Chapter 21

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N] I'm back with new chapter update! For those who read my story last week and gave opinions on it, thank you so much! I really appreciated it :') (I've deleted the story hehe)

Okay, read this chapter first before read my short note below. ENJOY!

 

 

__________

 

The Journalist was pacing back and forth inside the room while biting her nail when Yuri just came out from the bathroom. They were just 3 hours away from the announcement event of their marriage and Jessica was beset with anxious worries and thoughts.

 

Yuri knitted her brows. "Sica, aren't you going to shower?" 

 

Jessica slumped her shoulders while sighed loudly. "Yul, I'm scared" 

 

After finished putting on a shirt, Yuri marched to Jessica, cupping her cheeks and giving a long kiss on her forehead. Those gestures brought smile on Jessica's face but Yuri knew it was forced one. 

 

"What did I tell you last night? We-"

 

"We've got this" Jessica continued Yuri's words. 

 

"I know. I'm not concern about telling the world about us but I'm afraid about... what will happen after that" She lowered down her head.

 

Hearing no answer, she looked at Yuri's eyes trying to find the answer by herself but all she could see was a loving stare, telling her not to worry and that they would live happily after they announced their marriage. 

 

The stare lasted longer for a few minutes. 

 

Yuri embraced her wife real tight. She could sense Jessica was about to question her action, but she shut her wife with finger that caressed behind Jessica's neck. 

 

Jessica just let Yuri hugged her thinking that the President would let her go after few seconds but she was wrong when that finger lingered more down on her back. 

 

"Yuri.."

 

"Shh.. relax" Whispered Yuri. "I don't want you think about it so much" 

 

Smiling, Jessica hugged the President back with the same passion. 

 

"If anything happen, just remember I'm with you. I will never leave you after the announcement, just to make sure no one can hurt you tho I know people will respect you as my wife after this" 

 

Jessica felt like crying and thinking what she had done in her past life to deserve Yuri like this. Yuri was so thoughtful to put Jessica's feelings first before anything else. 

 

Few sniffles could be heard. Yuri frowned as she could feel movement of Jessica's shoulder. She broke the hug before cupping her wife's cheeks while gazing right on her eyes. 

 

"Hey, why are you crying?" 

 

The Journalist shook her head, refusing to tell. She was touched, touched by how Yuri had taken care of her. She was silence right after, lowering her head to avoid Yuri's eyes. Though so, Yuri concerned if Jessica had questioned herself if she deserved this treatment or what. 

 

"It's okay. It's okay, baby" Yuri hugged her wife again, this time in attempt to get rid all the doubt or negative things inside her head. 

 

"You know you're a perfect one for me, don't ever doubt that" 

 

"Now I need to shower or we will be late" 

 

 

____

 

 

30 minutes before the event, Jessica found herself alone in a waiting room. Yuri was busy dealing with people on how they would do the announcement. She already checked it an hour ago but now she went again to make sure everything was going as planned. 

 

The Journalist couldn't sit still, she was nervous. Pacing back and forth while occasionally looking at the door. She was hoping Yuri would come in from the door because she needed her more than anything at the moment. She needed Yuri to hug her and comforted her. 

 

Minutes of pacing around, Jessica felt like giving up on waiting for Yuri. She mentally asked if she should went to Yuri instead. 

 

She was heading to the door when it opened. A smile spreaded on her face as she thought of Yuri but the smile was quickly disappeared in speed of seconds. 

 

There was no Yuri. But..

 

"Donghae. What... what are doing here?" 

 

Jessica was surprised to see Donghae who the one stood infront of her. She didn't expect she would see the man again after what he had done. After all, he made promised of not showing up after she agreed to go out with him. 

 

"Jess" He took a step forward causing Jessica to take 2 steps backward. 

 

"I'm asking you, what are you doing here? Why do you show your face again?!"

 

Donghae sighed. He knew this was going to be Jessica's reaction. But he needed to talk to her, no, he desperated to talk to her. 

 

"I come to talk to you-"

 

"There is nothing to talk about, you better go before Yuri sees you" Jessica tried to threaten him with Yuri. 

 

They knew when Yuri saw him, he would be dead of her. Eventhough Jessica didn't like him but she also didn't want Yuri to beat the out of him. Jessica awared how Yuri would be when she was mad and no one would want to experience it in one of their happy days. 

 

Donghae didn't say anything after the mentioned of Yuri's name. He could feel how that name affected him, but he already risk himself to come met Jessica and he wouldn't back off just yet. 

 

His stare at Jessica was sharp and she for a moment was shaking but tried hard to remain her composure. 

 

"I know today is your happy day. Finally, you're going to announce your marriage, but don't ever think I will stay silent after this. You and her still owe me things. I will never stop until I get what I want" His voice changed from earlier. 

 

Jessica admitted that she felt a bit scared, scared if Donghae would do something to her. She took a glance at the door, silently prayed that Yuri would come in and put the end of this tension. 

 

She watched as Donghae made steps towards her causing her to steps more backward. Luck was on her side when the door opened and revealed Krystal.

 

"Unnie, they want you-" Her words cut off when her eyes landed on Donghae. With quick reflex, Krystal stood infront of Jessica to prevent him from doing anything to her sister.

 

"Oppa, what are you doing here?" 

 

"Krystal. I just want to talk to your sister" 

 

"No, you better go. Yuri unnie is here" 

 

Donghae scoffed. "Yuri unnie? Krystal, since when you like her? Doesn't you want to help me get back to your sister?"

 

Krystal glanced at her sister from the corner of her eyes. This was first time Jessica heard about it but she didn't look surprise at all. She knew Krystal had helped Donghae before this eventho the younger didn't tell her. 

 

"Not anymore. You know what oppa, you're too dangerous for my sister and I don't like you. You better go now or-"

 

"Or what?" Donghae raised her brows.

 

Krystal gritted her teeth. At first, she didn't want to be rude to this man considering she was younger than him but from time to time, he just got into her nerves and she couldn't hold it anymore. 

 

"Or I will tell Yuri unnie that you're here and let her kick your ! Or even worse I myself will put your damn right on prison for disturbing Jessica unnie!" Shouted Krystal. 

 

He was taken aback by how pitched Krystal's voice was. All this time, he thought Krystal was a good girl who would listen to him well but now he didn't recognize her. In other word, he might use Krystal to get back with Jessica. 

 

"Krys, that's enough" 

 

"No unnie. He needs to be told that between you and him is not possible anymore! He needs to get his mind straight!" The younger's chest heaved up and down due to heavy breathing. 

 

Jessica caressed her little sister's back before diverting her attention to the already silence Donghae. 

 

"You better go" 

 

She watched as Donghae nodded his head up and down while biting his lips. She knew he was hurt but he needed to accept the fact, fact that Jessica wouldn't get back to him no matter what he had done. 

 

Without uttering any words, he disappeared from the room, leaving the Jungs. A relief sigh left Jessica's mouth, well at least she could prevent a scene where Yuri would get mad when seeing Donghae. 

 

"Unnie!" The eldest was daydreaming until Krystal had to shook her body. "Are you okay?"

 

"I'm fine Krys. Oh, what was you want to say?"

 

Krystal sighed. "They want you outside. Now they must be wondering why I took so long just to call you" 

 

Just when Jessica was about to open , the door swung opened again and this time was Yuri, looking good with her suit. 

 

"Ladies, what took you so long? Everyone is waiting for you" Yuri walked to Jessica who immediately sided hugged her. 

 

"Hey, are you okay?" 

 

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" Jessica nervously chuckled.

 

"Nothing" Yuri scanned Jessica from head to toes "You look gorgeous"

 

The compliment put a smile on Jessica's face. "Thank you" 

 

They stared lovingly at each other, not minding about their surrounding.

 

A fake cough then could be heard and it was Krystal. 

 

"I'm still here incase nobody sees me" 

 

They shared a good laugh over Krystal's remark. 

 

"Sorry. Let's go, the event is about to start" Yuri announced then they went out together. 

 

 

____

 

The couple was on their way to the hall when Jessica suddenly stopped on her track. Yuri who realized no presence by her side turned around to see Jessica stayed still like a statue. Yuri approached her. 

 

"Babe" 

 

A hand on her shoulder woke her up from whatever she was thinking. She looked at Yuri who raising her brows in questioning. 

 

"You okay?" Yuri asked worriedly. 

 

"I... can I go to restroom for a while?" 

 

Yuri glanced at her wristwatch. They still had 10 minutes more before the event started, so she nodded and Jessica without replying, dashed straight to the restroom. 

 

In the restroom, Jessica just stood infront of mirror. She didn't feel like do anything there but just to calm herself before went to the hall. 

 

"Okay, Jessica Jung. Calm down. You can do this. Yes! You can do this! Fighting!" She talked to herself. 

 

Few minutes later, she came out only to see Yuri was leaning her body on the wall with hand folded against her chest. She watched as Yuri's expression showed a worried one. 

 

Just with a raising brow, Jessica knew what the President was about to ask, so she spoke first before Yuri.

 

"I'm okay. Just needed to check my make up and all" She smiled reassuringly. 

 

A sigh from Yuri was a hint that she didn't buy what Jessica just said. But she decided to let it slide this time as they had important event ahead. 

 

Yuri offerred her arm to Jessica and the Journalist looked at her, confused. Yuri gestured to her arm with a nod. Smiling nervously, Jessica accepted Yuri's arm and hugged it as if her life depend on it. 

 

They walked side by side to the hall. As they were walking, a familiar midget approached the couple and Jessica smiled instantly. 

 

"Good morning, lovebirds" Taeyeon greeted earning chuckle from the couple. 

 

"It's almost 11am Taeng" Yuri stated.

 

"'Am', not pm right? So it's still morning"

 

Jessica stared in amazement at the two while they were bickering. The nervousness she felt moment ago slowly faded and thanks to two charming women. 

 

She always thought Taeyeon was pretty and cute at the same time. She admitted if not because of Taeyeon helped her introduced herself to Yuri, she didn't think she would be where she was now. She wouldn't to be called as Yuri's wife. Taeyeon had given her much help she needed. However, the kindness Taeyeon offered to her somehow bothered the President, but she knew Yuri wouldn't let such feelings affect her relationship with Taeyeon. 

 

As they were laughing, someone interrupted the moment and announced that it was time the event would be start. 

 

"Goodluck to you two. I know you can face it and, the most important thing is after this, people will recognize Jessica as Kwon Yuri's wife" Taeyeon squealed like a teenage girl fangirling over her idol. 

 

Yuri almost scoffed. "Yah, don't do that"

 

"Do what?"

 

"You know, Jessica had told me before about she like it with you doing aegyo. Well, I wouldn't say it as aegyo-" She stopped w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter