Chapter 4

A perfect one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heavy sigh escaped from the tanned woman's mouth. It sounded tired and irritated at the same time. Yuri was obviously drowning herself with work, again. Her father's absence made her work became double or even triple from what she already had on her plate. 


As she was scanning a file that she just remembered to send it to Chairman Kwon by the day, her father's words came acrossed her mind. 


Truth to be told she felt guilty for causing the father's worried. It wasn't like she didn't care about the father, moreover after the mother's death but something or to be exact someone in the mansion was the reason for her hesitation.


"Yul you have to see this" 


Yuri was back to her sense and eyed Taeyeon who barged into her room, wearing worried expression. She was staying frozen as the small woman walked to her then typed on her computer. Yuri squinted her eyes on the big screen. And some headlines showing caught her eyes. 


Mega K's Vice President caught off meeting the Supermodel, Tiffany. 


Vice President Kwon still has a connection with Supermodel Hwang?


Does Kwon Yuri still love Tiffany Hwang? 


"What is this bull?" Yuri almost shouted. 


Taeyeon sighed "Some cheap companies are trying to make cheap story" 


"This is not true.."


"Well apart from it true" Taeyeon said almost inaudible. 


"What did you say?" 


"Nothing" Taeyeon waved her hand 


"I'm not approving this. They just make my name tainted with these stupid stories!" Yuri was furious. 


"So what are you going to do now? Or what you want me to do to them?" 


Yuri made herself comfortable on the chair as she contemplated. 


The known Vice President of Mega K could do anything to the the magazine companies. She could also make the companies shut immediately just by saying the words. Well, who could against Mega K? No one. 


"Let them be for this time. But I want you to find the first who published the story. I want the info by today" Yuri sternly commanded and turned back herself to work. 


"Nae" Taeyeon bowed then headed to the door but stopped as Yuri spoke 


"Oh, er... the Journalist is not here yet?" 


Taeyeon's lips twisted into smirk for she awared of Yuri's intention. 


"What? I'm just asking.." Yuri bit her nail. 


"I know, I didn't say anything" Taeyeon chuckled "She called me, she said she will be late as she need to stop by her workplace first. No worries, she will be here 1 hour from now" 


She added the last part when she saw Yuri frowned. 


"I'm not worried" Yuri quickly retorted "I-I have lot of work to do, if she don't come today so I can concentrate on my work and.. and.." 


"..and?" 


"Yah, don't you have work to do? Where is the file I asked you do? And the clients you need to see?" Yuri was back to her bossy manner but it didn't convince the short woman to not . 


"Arraso. I'm going now" Taeyeon said in mocking manner. She walked to the door then exited. 


The moment the door closed, Yuri slumped her shoulders as heavy sigh came out from . It felt like she was holding her breath as if Taeyeon had caught her red-handed for doing something bad. 


"What's with me? Why I'm asking about her?" She placed her hand against her chest. 


"I'm not thinking about her, right? No no! Stop it Kwon Yuri!" She shook her head and made gesture of about to hit her head. 


Meanwhile, behind the door Taeyeon was eavedropping. She pressed her ear against the door. She heard what the Vice President was mumbling or rambling about and couldn't help to find it funny when Yuri spoke to herself to stop. 


"Aigoo, Kwon Yuri. I know you too well" 

 

 

________


Jessica was getting ready for work, smiling to herself when she realized how much effort she put on her attire just to meet that certain tanned and charisma Vice President. 


"Why am I dressing to impress her? It's not like she will notice me. Or... will she?" She asked herself. 


Jessica shut her eyes in attempt to flush the thought of Yuri out of her mind. She remembered that tempting eyes, that stared directly on hers everytime they met which anyone couldn't get enough of.


"Unnie!" 


Jessica startled by the voice. Krystal was giggling at the door while leaning on it with arms crossed. Smirk plastered on her face as she sensed something with her sister. 


"Swipe that face Krys." Jessica warned. 


Krystal walked toward Jessica's bed and sat on it. "Who's the unlucky guy?"


"What do you mean by that huh? Yah! Get off of my bed" 


"You can lie to anyone unnie, but not me. I know by observing your behavior now, you're inlove right?" 


'Am I?'


"I don't know what you're talking about krys, what love?" Jessica tried hard not to stutter but she was actually shaking, her cheeks were red.


Loud laugh came from the younger Jung, making Jessica turned to her with confused expression. 


"See unnie, you are stuttering. You're inlove, just admit it" 


"What that I need to admit? I'm not inlove, Krystal. Can you please get out from my room, I need to get ready for work" Jessice whined.


She attempted to push Krystal out of her room, however the younger Jung wouldn't budge. 


"Or do you already have someone?!" Krystal exclaimed. "Umma! Unnie alread..hmm..hmm" Krystal's words were cut as Jessica's palm suddenly collided with . 


"Shut up Krystal! For hundred times I tell you I'm not inlove and I don't have someone or what you call as boyfriend!" Jessica hissed. 


Krystal yanked her sister's hand. "Fine! If so, you don't have to feel upset like this" She rolled her eyes, but still in her tease mood. 


"Get ouutttt" Jessica pushed Krystal to the door. At time like this she was annoyed with her sister for her never-ending teasing. 


After having a loving breakfast with her mother and cheeky sister, Jessica bid farewell to both and got off to work. Her face flushed all the time during breakfast because Krystal kept teasing her and dropping some hints to the mother about Jessica already had someone which in fact it wasn't true at all. 


Jessica rode a bus and dropped by nearby coffee shop to buy a drink. She got into the shop but suddenly bumped into someone until the person's coffee spilled.


Jessica gasped as she saw some of the coffee spilled on the person's cloth. "Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry" 


She kept saying her sorry while trying to get rid the stain of coffee on the person's cloth. It was white and expensive kind of cloth, oh she had to work extra hard to be able to pay that cloth back. 


"Jessica?" 


Jessica stopped. She froze upon hearing the familiar voice. It was the voice she fell 2 years ago and she asked herself why the hell the person was here. 


Trying to avoid to look at the person's face, Jessica turned around but only to feel a strong hand on her arm. Jessica closed her eyes in attempt to hold back the tears that treatened to fall. She couldn't look weak again, not again infront of this person. She was too good to shed tears 2 years ago, but not now when she already strong enough to fight her own feelings. 


"Get your hand off of me" Jessica sternly said. 


"Jess-"


"Let go!" She raised her voice and the grip eventually loosened. 


Jessica abruptly sprinted out from the coffee shop and headed straight to her office, forgetting the reason why she was in the café.


Once she arrived at her place she threw a file on the table in frustration, until it made a loud thud. Sooyoung who sat next to her table startled and rubbed her chest to calm her rapid heartbeat. 


"Yah! What's wrong with you?!" 


Jessica pulled the chair and sat on it. Her elbows immediately placed on the table. She hid her face against her hands. 


Sooyoung was frowning, confused with Jessica's behavior. But her expression softened when she saw Jessica quickly wiped her cheeks and Sooyoung didn't have to be smart to know that the latter was crying. 


"What is it?" Sooyoung softly asked as she dragged her chair toward Jessica and rubbing the girl's back. 


"I met him" Though she wanted to stay strong, she couldn't. She was ready to forget the event that happened 2 years ago but his return made her remembered all those pain again. 


Sooyoung's eyes went wide. "When? Where? How?" 


Jessica glared at her with teary eyes. "One question in one time" 


"Okay sorry. When?" 


"Just now"


"Where?" 


Jessica knitted her brows. 


"What? You told me one question in one time, so I follow" Sooyoung shrugged. 


"I don't want to talk about this. Get back to work Soo" Jessica got up from her seat and cleaned her messy table. 


"You're still crying for him" Sooyoung mumbled and Jessica heard her. 


She stopped what she was doing and bit her lower lips. "I'm not crying because of him. I just remembered how stupid I was to believe a guy like him, how desperated I felt for love. I was too kind to fall for someone who didn't even appreciate it. And I promised myself not to cry again for him, so I won't" 


"Okaay~" Sooyoung raised her hands in defeat. 


"Oh you will go to Mega K again today right? Maybe you can cheer up"


"What do you mean?" Jessica asked in confused. 


Sooyoung laughed. "I'm not blind Jess to see you all smiling after got back from Mega K. It is about that Kwon right?" 


Jessica's jaw dropped. "Which Kwon?" 


"Who else, you expect the eldest Kwon? Keep denying Jung. Just so you know, you can't run away from me. I know you since you were in your mother's tummy" Sooyoung joked. 


"Yah! I made first before you did" Jessica tried to reason out. 


"Funny girl" Sooyoung walked back to her table and got back to work. 


Jessica gathered her stuff then walked away to go to Mega K and met the Charisma Kwon. Yes she ran away from Sooyoung, her so called best-friend who had a good intuitive sense.


Truth to be told, she was nervous when Sooyoung spoke. It was if the tall woman had caught her for stealing something. It was the same feeling when Krystal asked her about falling in love. 


What was she actually feeling?

 


After minutes riding a cab, Jessica arrived infront of Mega K. She took few deep breaths before getting into the building. 


She was surprised by the atmosphere. It wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter