Sequel 6

I love you a thousand times (FINALLY ENDED)

Minhyuk was sleeping on the bed; next to his mother. Yongsun was out of danger but she had lost a lot of blood. She was very weak and the doctor had advised to let her have plenty of rest. Minhyuk refused to go back to the hotel. He kept calling out for his mother so Wheein decided to let him stay. The moment Yongsun was wheeled into the ward; Minhyuk climbed on the bed and just laid still next to his mother. He closed his eyes and finally fell asleep.

Wheein sat on the chair next to the bed. Her eyes were closed; she felt at ease when Minhyuk finally had calmed down. She let the boy sleep next to his mother. Moonbyul was sitting on the opposite of Wheein. She watched her son cuddled next to her wife; a smile appeared on her lips. She never had the chance to witness this bond between mother and son. She was grateful enough to see this.

Wheein fell asleep soon after. Moonbyul looked up to find the lawyer slowly putting her head to rest on the side of the bed. She was thankful towards Wheein. She was the only one who could calm Minhyuk down earlier on. Moonbyul was right. The moment Minhyuk opened his eyes; he was crying his lungs out. Wheein was missing. She had went to the bathroom for a moment. So Moonbyul went up to him but the boy pushed her away.

“Umma! Mommy Wheein!”

The boy sat up and started crying. He was frantically searching for them. Moonbyul stood up and went to him. She was about to hold him but Minhyuk pushed her away.

“I don’t want you. I want Mommy Wheein!”

Moonbyul’s heart fell to the ground. She didn’t know how hurtful it was until her own son rejected her. This was probably her retribution for denying him when he was born. Hwasa picked him up instead and Minhyuk allowed the younger woman to hold him instead.

“Hey, don’t cry. Mommy Wheein went to the washroom. She will be back soon.”

Hwasa whispered gently and Minhyuk ceased crying. He laid his head on Hwasa’s shoulder and Moonbyul looked on with bitterness and sadness. She finally understood. She finally realized what a stupid fool she was.

Minhyuk denied her. He refused to let her hold him. Could he have sense that she was his mother and she didn’t want him before? Her heart sank deeper when Minhyuk found Wheein. He jumped down from Hwasa’s embrace and ran towards Wheein as the woman was startled to find him crying and screaming for her. The boy leapt in her arms and Wheein held him tightly.

“Wae? What’s wrong, Hyukkie ah?”

“I’m scared. Mommy Wheein left me.”

“No, I went to the bathroom. I won’t leave you alone.”

“Umma… where is Umma?”

“She’s still with the doctor. I’m sure she will be fine, okay?”

Wheein tucked the boy under her chin as Minhyuk buried his face in her chest. She settled down on the sofa and caressed Minhyuk’s back gently. Her eyes met with Moonbyul. The latter’s eyes were the saddest pair she has ever seen. Minhyuk must have rejected her.

“Moonbyul ah, come over here.”

Wheein called out to her softly. The woman shook her head. But Wheein was adamant.

“Just come over.”

Moonbyul reluctantly walked over and sat next to Wheein. Minhyuk was facing her direction; the boy stared at her. Wheein gestured to Moonbyul to hold him. The woman was hesitant. But Hwasa was helping her out. She urged Moonbyul to do it.

“Go on.”

Moonbyul held out her arms and Wheein gently pulled away from Minhyuk. She slowly transferred him onto Moonbyul’s arms; the boy didn’t rebel. He allowed himself to be transferred to Moonbyul’s arms. For some reason, Minhyuk cuddled closer to Moonbyul; his head resting on her chest.

This was the first time Moonbyul held her son. She instinctively wrapped her arms around Minhyuk and tightened her hold around him. She swayed lightly and soon, Minhyuk calmed down. She glanced down and Minhyuk was closing his eyes; sobbing softly.

Probably the boy was exhausted from screaming and crying. He just wanted comfort and Moonbyul was thankful towards Wheein. She looked up and hold out her hand to Wheein. The woman embraced it tightly.

“Thank you.”

Wheein shook her head.

“This is your responsibility now. He needs you. He needs both of his mothers with him. He may reject you every now and then but you mustn’t stop trying. He’s just a child; he will come around somehow.”

Moonbyul nodded. Hwasa looked on with sadness in her eyes. But she agreed with Wheein. The trio just watched as Minhyuk slowly fell asleep in Moonbyul’s arms. The woman stayed in that position for two hours before the doctor finally appeared behind the emergency theatre.

Moonbyul picked Minhyuk up; ensuring that the boy was still sleeping and Wheein was already with the doctor. The doctor smiled widely.

“She’s out of danger now. But she has lost a lot of blood. We have sedated her heavily so that she could have ample rest. She should be out for the next few hours. Try not to disturb her.”

“She will recover?”

Moonbyul asked quickly.

“Yes, she will. She’s lucky not to have major injuries. But she might have difficulties with walking however that can be cured with therapy. So, don’t worry too much. We will do our best to help her.”

Moonbyul thanked the doctor again and again. Yongsun was going to be fine. She was not in grave danger. Wheein was relieved and Hwasa finally let out a soft sigh. The wait was over. The anxiety just melted away.

Moonbyul kept thanking God in her heart.

“Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much. Thank you.”

She then gently planted a soft kiss on Minhyuk’s forehead.

“Thank you so much for everything. Thank you God.”

-

Hwasa was still at the hospital. She was worried about Moonbyul. The woman has not been sleeping for the last 12 hours. She was still awake; sitting next to Yongsun. Minhyuk was sleeping soundly next to his mother. Moonbyul had asked Wheein to sleep comfortably on the sofa which the woman immediately agreed. Hwasa was sitting next to Wheein.

She watched as Moonbyul holding on to Yongsun’s hand and caressed her cheeks gently. She decided to leave the woman alone and focused on Wheein instead. The woman in front of her was sleeping; exhausted from the turn of events. Everything happened too quickly and Hwasa still couldn’t believe how much Wheein has changed.

The Wheein she used to know was a little crazy; a little dorky; a little childish and sometimes a little annoying. The one she was looking at now was more matured; more sophisticated; more demure and she has changed so much over the years.

Hwasa desired to touch Wheein’s cheeks but she knew she couldn’t. She struggled to hold back her feelings. All that she thought had kept hidden in her past came unfolding in her heart. Wheein was very special to her. The first girl who caught her heart unguarded; threw her into a different world and Hwasa gave up everything for Wheein.

But Wheein couldn’t recognize her. Hwasa has changed so much over the years. And she wasn’t known as Hwasa back then. She was known as Anh Hyejin. Wheein was popular back in school. Everyone wanted to be Wheein’s friend and that included Anh Hyejin.

-

Jung Wheein, the school belle, was extremely popular among the boys. They were always lingering around her; much to Wheein’s chagrin. She has never liked them but Wheein was too pretty to be ignored. She had many friends but Wheein just wanted to have one friend who actually shares all her good and bad times.

Anh Hyejin was a book worm. She was always wearing the back specs and carrying her books in her arms. Not many people noticed her; which Hyejin was relieved. She never liked unwanted attention from others.

One day, Wheein was minding her own business when she saw a group of guys bullying a bespectacled girl. Wheein frowned and she had never liked those guys who kept hounding her. It was the same group of guys who thought they owned Jung Wheein. She quickly ran over to them and shouted at them.

“Let her go.”

The boys smirked and turned around. They were surprised to find the Goddess staring at them. But Wheein rolled her eyes and pushed them aside. She crouched down next to the girl and helped her up. She then turned to the boys.

“Do not come near her. If I ever see you bully her again, you’ll get it from me.”

Wheein warned them off before walking away with the girl in her arms. She has seen the girl before but never had the chance to talk to her. Once they were far away from the boys, Wheein quickly introduced herself.

“Jung Wheein imnida.”

“Anh Hyejin imnida.”

“Ah. Hyejin-nie? Let’s be friends.”

It was simple as that and the two got closer over the weeks. Wheein really enjoyed her moments with Hyejin and the latter was nursing a huge crush on her newfound friend. Jung Wheein was a little crazy. She was just so much fun and Hyejin had never experience this new feeling before. She was very fond of Wheein and she had to be next to Wheein all the time.

Jung Wheein had never tried to distant herself from Hyejin. She was friendly and Hyejin really enjoyed her moments with Wheein. Soon, Hyejin and Wheein became inseparable. Wheein found out that Hyejin has hidden talents. The girl could sing.

“HYEJIN AH! YOU CAN SING!”

Wheein discovered Hyejin’s hidden voice when they went to KTV room to sing. Hyejin’s voice was musky and deep but it was extremely y. Meanwhile Hyejin knew she was in trouble. She finally understood the meaning of her beating heart; she was slowly falling in love with Wheein.  But Wheein had never express her feelings.

However both girls did what lovers do – holding hands; hugging and even at times, kissing each other on the cheeks. Then one night, Wheein was drunk. And Hyejin was helping her to get home but Wheein refused to head home. So Hyejin took her home.

“YAYYYY!”

“YA, keep quiet! My parents are sleeping.”

“Hyejin-nieeee, you’re mine!”

“Arasso. Arasso. Just shush!”

Hyejin held Wheein tightly by the waist as they made their way to Hyejin’s room. Lucky for Hyejin, her parents were sleeping soundly. She managed to dump the girl on the bed but Wheein pulled her in quickly. Hyejin fell on her and their faces were so close to each other. Hyejin’s face turned red immediately but her hands were still stuck on Wheein’s waist. The latter wrapped her arms around Hyejin’s neck; pulling her closer and closer.

Wheein was staring deep into her eyes while Hyejin swallowed hard. This moment was a little awkward. Hyejin wanted to pull away but her body refused to listen to her. Wheein grinned and her cute dimple appeared at the corner of her cheek. That was one of the reasons why Hyejin fell in love with Wheein.

“Hyejin ah, you’re so beautiful.”

“You’re more beautiful.”

“You have given me more than just friendship. I just cannot do without you sometimes.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, it feels weird without you. It felt like a part of me is missing.”

Hyejin was taken aback by the sweet confession. Her heart was beating rapidly and the warmth from Wheein’s heart was slowly entering hers. Then Wheein tilted her head and her lips gently grazed upon Hyejin’s lips. Hyejin was stunned but slowly fell into the sweetness of Wheein’s lips.

And that night; both couldn’t seem to think properly. Hyejin succumbed to her desires and Wheein was experimenting with her heart. She knew there was love to a certain extent but she had never acknowledged that to Hyejin. And Hyejin had never confess; she couldn’t do it because Wheein was raised as a Catholic. She had strict and pious parents.

But both lost their first time to each other and Hyejin was the sober one. She could remember everything. As they had their perfect for the last time; Wheein immediately fell asleep. She cuddled next to Hyejin; wrapping her arms across Hyejin’s stomach.

Hyejin was still up; she couldn’t sleep. Those moments when Wheein and her were just skin on skin; Hyejin couldn’t forget how beautiful Wheein looked like that night. She watched as Wheein slept soundly in her arms.

“Jung Wheein, I think I’m in love with you.”

-

Wheein was waking up after a while. She was a little confused at first but slowly sat up when she realized it was already in the morning. She looked around the room; Minhyuk was still on the bed with his mother and Moonbyul was next to him. She was sleeping with her hand on the edge of the bed.

She looked on; with a sad smile on her face. If only Moonbyul could have learnt to face up the truth and had a little courage to deal with it; they would be the happiest family on earth. Minhyuk could probably love her to death; like how he loves his Umma Yongsun.

Wheein moved her hand slightly and was startled to touch someone’s hand next to hers. She turned to find Hwasa sleeping next to her. She learnt that Hwasa is Moonbyul’s friend.

-

Wheein was sitting with her face buried in her hands. She was having an impending headache with Yongsun in the theatre and Minhyuk was screaming bloody hell. He wanted to be with his mother. So when Minhyuk finally calmed down; Wheein finally could breathe properly.

She looked up to find a woman who stood near Moonbyul. She was comforting the taller woman and Wheein was curious. Who was this woman related to Moonbyul? The woman suddenly turned and their eyes met. Wheein was taken aback but the woman was smiling at her. Wheein nodded and smiled back.

Moonbyul suddenly stood up and requested to be left alone. So Hwasa allowed her to but reminded her to stay calm. Moonbyul nodded and walked away. Minhyuk was sleeping next to Wheein. The woman in question then joined Wheein at the sofa.

She probably knew Wheein had many questions on her mind so she introduced herself swiftly.

“Hwasa. I’m Moonbyul’s boss and landlord.”

“Ah, so you’re the restaurant owner?”

“Yeah, my father owns that restaurant and Moonbyul is working with him. She’s staying with us too.”

“Oh.”

Wheein nodded but nevertheless took her hand out and shook Hwasa’s hand firmly.

“Jung Wheein.”

“I see.”

“How did Minhyuk end up with you?”

“Miss Kim was having lunch at my restaurant when she looked so alarmed. She had asked me to look after Minhyuk while she settled something. But after some time, she didn’t return and Minhyuk was getting restless. So I offered to bring him and look for Miss Kim. I never knew it would end up like this.”

Wheein sighed. She never knew it would get so bad.

“Maybe all this happened for a reason. I believe you knew a little about Moonbyul’s past.”

“Yes, she told me honestly.”

“This is crazy.”

“I have told her so many times to face the truth.”

“She’s stubborn. You had no idea how much I struggled to get her to meet Yongsun unnie. I wanted to strangle her myself and she was released without telling me.”

Hwasa nodded. She understood Wheein’s frustrations. She almost hit Moonbyul a lot of times because of her stupidity. But Hwasa remembered Minhyuk mentioning about Mommy Wheein.

“Minhyuk was talking about you while we were together earlier on.”

“Ah, he’s very animated.”

“Yeah, he’s very bright. It is never boring with him around.”

“Yup, he’s my sunshine.”

Wheein was caressing Minhyuk’s cheeks as she fondly talked about him. Hwasa was staring at her; she felt a little envious and a little jealous but she kept them inside.

“You must have loved him a lot.”

“I’m his god-mother. Yongsun unnie was struggling to raise this boy. She had a difficult and unstable pregnancy. And he was born premature because his mother wasn’t strong enough. She was worried about Moonbyul. But she had never given up on Moonbyul. Yet Moonbyul denied her when she came with little Minhyuk right after he was discharged from the hospital. I couldn’t fathom what Moonbyul was thinking. I was so frustrated and angry at her. How could she treat Yongsun unnie like that?”

Hwasa finally understood. Her heart ached when her eyes landed on Minhyuk. She somehow sympathized with Wheein when she explained her feelings towards Yongsun.

“I just realized my love for her is just admiration. She went through so much. It hurts to watch her struggle every single day. I care for her a lot. But she loves Moonbyul more than anyone could ever love. I just wanted Moonbyul to accept the fact that Kim Yongsun is her destiny.”

Hwasa sighed. That was the same thing she kept drilling into Moonbyul’s mind. But listening to Wheein; she was glad to know that Jung Wheein hasn’t really change that much. She was getting pretty but her heart was still as gentle as ever.

“Jung Wheein, you’re still the same girl I know before.”

Hwasa whispered to herself in the heart.

-

Minhyuk rubbed his eyes. He sat up with pouted lips. His mother was still sleeping. He nudged her with his hands.

“Umma.”

Moonbyul was awakened by Minhyuk’s whines. She sat up and noticed Minhyuk was about to cry when Yongsun didn’t respond to him. She looked over her shoulder and realized that Wheein was missing and Hwasa was still sleeping.  So she had no choice but to approach Minhyuk cautiously.

“Minhyuk ah..”

Minhyuk turned to look at her. Moonbyul was staring at her own self. Her heart swelled with love.

“Noona, when is Umma waking up?”

Minhyuk seemed to have a better mood than yesterday. At least she didn’t push the boy away.

“Umma is still resting. She will wake up soon.”

Minhyuk nodded but then he suddenly poked Moonbyul with his little finger.

“But Minhyuk’s hungry.”

“Oh?”

“Umma always makes my breakfast.”

“You wanna eat something?”

Minhyuk nodded. Just then Wheein walked in and smiled when she saw Minhyuk was up. Moonbyul too.

“Minhyuk ah…”

“Mommy Wheein!”

He climbed down immediately and ran towards Wheein. He hugged Wheein’s legs tightly. Moonbyul could only look on. Of course he would be more comfortable with Wheein.

“Mommy Wheein, I’m hungry.”

“Oh?”

Wheein looked up and Moonbyul looked away. She looked to and fro before she decided to give some time alone for Minhyuk and Moonbyul. She carried Minhyuk and walked over.

“Mommy has to watch Umma. Why don’t you go with Noona?”

Moonbyul immediately looked up at Wheein; she was wondering what Wheein was trying to do. But she was even more surprised when Minhyuk agreed to Wheein’s suggestion.

“Okay.”

So he got down and stood in front of Moonbyul. He then stretched his little hand out and Moonbyul was still stumped. Wheein nudged her.

“Minhyuk loves egg rolls and sausages.”

Wheein was hinting at her and Moonbyul was grateful. She nodded and carefully took Minhyuk’s hand into hers. The boy then pulled her along with her; Moonbyul turned to look at Wheein. The woman was nodding her head.

“Spend some time with Minhyuk.”

Moonbyul was forever thankful.

-