Sequel 14

I love you a thousand times (FINALLY ENDED)

Minhyuk was frowning and pouting his lips all the while. He refused to eat his breakfast. He was quiet throughout the morning and he even refused to look at his mother. Wheein was equally dumbfounded. And Yongsun was still trying to pacify her only son.

“Minhyuk ah, what’s wrong? Why are you avoiding Omma?”

Yongsun tried to hold her son but the boy wriggled his way out of his mother’s embrace. Wheein looked on; annoyed with Minhyuk’s tantrums this morning.

“Young man, what’s wrong with you?”

Wheein decided to step in. It was the first time to see Minhyuk acting so cold towards Yongsun. Both women had the same thought – was this because of Moonbyul?

But Minhyuk kept his mouth shut. It was like as though he lost his ability to talk. He stood at one corner; frowning away but his eyes were glaring at Wheein.

“What’s wrong? Did we do anything wrong to you?”

Wheein’s voice was a little firm. Yongsun had not seen this side of Wheein. Neither did Minhyuk. He was a little scared but he just remained silent.

“Kim Minhyuk, are you going to keep your silence?”

The boy rolled his eyes and Yongsun was a little stunned with his rudeness. Wheein was even taken aback. Yongsun then stood up and knelt down in front of the boy. He didn’t even look at her now.

“Why did you roll your eyes at Mommy Wheein?”

Yongsun changed. Her mannerism and her tone were a little stern. Minhyuk looked away. But Yongsun grabbed his arms and shook him lightly.

“Look at me.”

Minhyuk refused.

“Kim Minhyuk, did I teach you to be this ill-mannered? What did I say when an older person speaks to you?”

Yongsun was slowly losing her temper. And Wheein could sense that. She leaned closer and held Yongsun’s arm. But the older woman was focused on Minhyuk.

“I didn’t teach you to be like this. If we did anything wrong to you, then let us know. If you’re going to act like this, then I’ll have to take away all of your toys and tab.”

Minhyuk sulked. And for some reason, Minhyuk was being stubborn today. He rebelled by grabbing his luggage and threw it on the floor. He also threw his tab on the floor. Wheein and Yongsun were stunned; and Yongsun lost her temper.

She grabbed the boy by his arm and smacked him really hard on his buttock. The boy cried out but Yongsun didn’t stop. She smacked him again and again until Wheein stopped her.

“Unnie, calm down!”

Wheein knelt down and grabbed Minhyuk. She pulled him into her embrace and held on to Yongsun’s arm. Minhyuk was wailing at the top of his voice and Yongsun finally got her mind back. She stopped and saw her hand up in the air. She was shocked.

She turned to look at Wheein who shook her head and then she finally heard her son’s cries. He was wailing at the top of his lungs; it must have hurt. She staggered towards Wheein and knelt down next to Minhyuk.

His eyes were red and swollen. And Yongsun’s heart sank. She has never hit her son. She has never lost her anger and temper in front of him. She pulled him closer and the boy wrapped his arms around her neck. Yongsun hugged him tightly.

“Mianhe..”

She whispered softly. And this time Minhyuk finally spoke up what was on his mind.

“Omma, I don’t want Moonbyul Noona to be my Mommy.”

Both Wheein and Yongsun were stunned for words.

-

Wheein was driving in silence. She glanced over her shoulder to find Yongsun staring at her son. Her eyes were swollen and red. Wheein knew Yongsun was dying. It killed her when Minhyuk kept crying and lamenting that he didn’t want Moonbyul to be his Mommy.

-

“What?”

Yongsun had the rudest shock when Minhyuk revealed the truth. Wheein’s heart sank immediately.

“Minhyuk heard what you and Mommy Wheein talked about last night. You said Moonbyul Noona is Minhyuk’s real mother.”

Minhyuk pulled away; his eyes were red and tears fell profusely. Yongsun’s heart was aching so much. This was not how she wanted Minhyuk to find out. Minhyuk meant the world to her and the last thing she wanted was to hurt him.

“Minhyuk ah… Omma has something to tell you. But I don’t know how to tell you.”

“Minhyuk doesn’t want to know.”

Minhyuk immediately refused any explanation. He was determined not to have another woman to be his mother. In his heart, only Wheein and Yongsun deserve to be his mothers.

“Minhyuk ah, Moonbyul Noona is your real mother. She’s the reason why Minhyuk is born.”

“But Minhyuk has never seen her around us.”

“She has reasons for not being with us.”

“But now she’s here, why didn’t she tell Minhyuk she’s Minhyuk’s Omma?”

Yongsun couldn’t answer him. How was she supposed to explain to him? Wheein knew Yongsun was losing her mind so she stepped in. She held Minhyuk and wiped his tears away. She pulled him closer and kissed on his forehead gently.

“Minhyuka ah, this is a complicated matter. But we will have to explain to you one day. No matter what, Moonbyul Noona is your mother. However for now, we will not think of it first. Minhyuk is angry with Omma because Omma hides this from you?”

“Ani, Minhyuk is angry because Omma wants her back. But Minhyuk has never seen Moonbyul noona around. And Moonbyul noona was the reason why Omma got into an accident right?”

Wheein was shocked. Yongsun was completely loss for words. She was right. Minhyuk was completely aware of everything that was happening around him.

“Omma, can you just be with Mommy Wheein? Minhyuk want Mommy Wheein only.”

-

“What am I supposed to do now, Wheein?”

Yongsun’s mind was in a mess. Minhyuk’s last question was killing her. Even if she was willing to give Moonbyul a chance, Minhyuk was not going to accept the taller woman in his life.

She looked at Minhyuk carefully; she ensured that Minhyuk

Wheein was not in the right mind either but she was supposed to help Yongsun. So she did came up with some contingency plans. She knew she had to think fast.

“Let’s take our time in this. We need to convince Minhyuk first. Let’s worry about Moonbyul later. Our main aim right now is to make Minhyuk understand the truth.”

“But you could see how much he hates Moonbyul right now.”

“It’s normal for a child to feel this way. You’re right. Minhyuk’s getting smarter and more aware of his surroundings. Let’s find a softer approach towards this. I’m sure we can overcome this.”

Yongsun was bewildered. And Wheein knew she had to think of something.

Their Minhyuk is growing up and he’s getting smarter. Wheein thought of that and then chuckled softly; leaving Yongsun a little confused.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Suddenly I felt like Minhyuk has grown up so much. He’s protecting you. And he’s only 5 years old.”

That made Yongsun smiled a little. She was surprised too.

“Yeah, you’re right. He becomes protective of me ever since I got into that accident.”

“He’s protecting you from Moonbyul perhaps?”

Yongsun gently ran her fingers through her son’s hair. It was just like yesterday that she held him in her arms for the first time. He was so small and precious. Yongsun remembered crying because of his small built. She was terrified to hold him tightly in fear that she might crash him.

But to her surprise, the boy grew up well. He was able to catch up with his peers and he became really chubby when he was about 8 months old. And now the boy grew up well; the doctor called him a miracle boy. He outgrew his peers in terms of his height. He has Moonbyul’s genes.

She kissed him softly on his forehead. Then she gently caressed her son’s thighs. There were red marks and her heart ached so badly. Those were her hand marks. She must have hit him really hard.

She gently rubbed off the redness away; as she cuddled him closer. She felt sorry towards him.

“Minhyuk ah, Omma’s sorry. Omma promises that we will be happy from now onwards, okay? Please give your Moonbyul Mommy a chance, Minhyuk ah.”

-

Hwasa was sitting on Wheein’s bed. Moonbyul was busy cooking dinner in the kitchen. They went out to buy some ingredients and even bought their own utensils. They were reluctant to use Wheein’s utensils without her permission.

Moonbyul settled in the empty room. She was happy to have the floor. There was no bed but just a big mattress in the middle of the room. Hwasa chose to be in Wheein’s room.

She looked around the room; the white walls made the room looked so pure. Wheein really knew how to make her room comfortable and cosy. Then she stumbled upon a notebook by the side of her bed. There were some writings and Hwasa picked the note book up.

She saw Wheein’s handwriting. It was the same as before. She didn’t change that much. Then she saw something.

I wish I know how to love. Then I won’t be so lonely like this.

It was so sad that Hwasa’s eyes turned glassy.

“Wheein ah, please accept me back.”

-

Moonbyul was thinking of her past as she cooked. Somehow she ended up cooking Yongsun’s favourite dishes. She learned to cook while she was in prison. She wanted to cook for her when she should be released one day.

But that day might not happen.

It drove her crazy when every time she closed her eyes, she could see Yongsun hugging Wheein tightly.

She was supposed to hug Yongsun.

Yongsun should be hugging her.

“This is insane. When will I ever get to hug you, Yongsun ah?”

-

 

 

(A short update. I dont have much time left. I need to finish this story before I leave this damn company.)