Sequel 7 - Yongsun POV

I love you a thousand times (FINALLY ENDED)

This is just a short update. But it gives a lot of clues as to how this story will continue after this chapter.  I hope my readers can understand the storyline. I hope whatever the ending is, i hope the readers will just take this as a story and not a reality. This is a disclaimer i need to point out. Thank you for reading. 

-

Yongsun POV

“Umma… Umma…”

Yongsun could hear Minhyuk’s pitiful cries. Her heart plunged as she could feel Minhyuk nudging her arm gently. For some reason, she regretted running away from Moonbyul. She should have thought of Minhyuk even when Moonbyul was breaking her heart apart.

Minhyuk, her son, her everything – even if Moon Byul Yi couldn’t love her anymore, she still has him. She felt like slapping herself but Yongsun felt like a huge rock was sitting on her and she couldn’t move.

Then she heard a soft gentle voice coaxing her little angel. She recognized that voice so much and she regretted not embracing it before.

“Hyukkie ah, Umma is still sleeping. She needs a lot of rest. Can you see her bandages?”

“Why is Umma hurt like this? She doesn’t want Minhyuk anymore?”

“Ani. She’s tired. She has been looking after you so she needs some rest. Trust Mommy Wheein okay? Umma will be awake tomorrow.”

Minhyuk’s cries ceased and she suddenly felt a pair of tiny arms wrapping her uninjured arm. She knew that those pair of hands belonged to her prince.

“Can Minhyuk sleep here?”

“Sure, you can. We all will be sleeping here tonight, okay?”

“Minhyuk wants to sleep next to Umma.”

“Arasso. But you have to be careful, okay?”

“Minhyuk will stay here only. Minhyuk promise.”

Yongsun’s heart ached so badly. It was because of her rashness, Minhyuk was the innocent victim. She tried so hard to move her arms but she was too exhausted to do so. All she could was to embrace Minhyuk’s little warmth in her heart.

“Mommy Wheein, sit beside Minhyuk.”

Yongsun felt a slight dip on her side; she knew Wheein was sitting next to her where Minhyuk was. There was soft patting and Yongsun could hear Wheein humming softly to Minhyuk. That was her speciality. When Minhyuk couldn’t sleep, he would look for Wheein and the woman would gently rock him in her arms and hum softly in his ears. The boy would fall asleep immediately.

Yongsun assumed she was doing the same to Minhyuk right now. Wheein put her hand on Yongsun’s. She squeezed it gently and Yongsun wished she could reciprocate that action back to Wheein but it was useless.

Wheein’s comforting warmth was something Yongsun should have cherished before. But she was so hung up on Moonbyul; she overlooked that one person whom has been by her side all this time. Although Wheein insisted that she wasn’t ready to be Moonbyul’s replacement, but after hearing what Moonbyul said, Yongsun’s heart was ready to take Wheein into her life.

Just then, she felt a soft, moist kiss on her forehead. Then she heard Wheein’s shaky voice mumbled certain words.

“Please wake up soon, Yongsun unnie. Minhyuk needs you. I need you.”

Yongsun’s heart broke into pieces.

-

Yongsun drifted off into abyss and then floated back into life. She could feel her soul wandering around but yet she couldn’t open her eyes. She wanted so; desperately but she couldn’t. Yongsun was extremely desperate to get up. She couldn’t wait to embrace Minhyuk and especially Jung Wheein.

Just then, she felt an unknown warmth clutching her wrist gently. It was definitely not Jung Wheein. It was absolutely not Moon Byul Yi’s either. The touch felt foreign. Suddenly that stranger spoke up softly.

“Hey, Miss Kim. You might not know me but I’m Hwasa. We met at the restaurant and you asked to look after Minhyuk while you had to rush off to something urgent. If I knew it was because of Moonbyul, I would have come along with you. Because Moonbyul has been hiding from you and I had a hard time convincing her to return back to you.”

Suddenly Yongsun remembered. That kind woman who willingly agreed to look out for Minhyuk.

“I’m sorry I had allowed Minhyuk to see you in this state. He was crying for you and I had no choice but to bring him along with me as we searched for you in the streets. If I knew that Minhyuk was Moonbyul’s child, I would protect him.”

Yongsun was hurting. She was in so much pain. Moonbyul’s name was like a knife and each time someone mentioned her name; it would cut her heart into pieces. She couldn’t forgive Moonbyul anymore. This was crazy. She was in love with the wrong woman.

Her promises she broke them like crashing a glass against the floor. And what left were just tiny pieces that could never put back together.

“But I hope you wouldn’t give up on Moonbyul. I know she had done you wrong but please give her a chance to explain herself. Give her that one last chance to explain herself.”

Yongsun wished she could say something but all she could do was to yell in her heart.

“Moon Byul Yi doesn’t love me anymore! I could never put myself into that position again.”

-

Yongsun felt so lethargic. She was drifting in and out of sleep. Her eyes were too heavy to open. Her eyelids felt like closing forever. Was she really badly hit by the truck? She couldn’t feel any pain except for her breaking heart.

Moon Byul Yi.

Yongsun heard everything she had said to Wheein. She knew she couldn’t blame Wheein because that woman tried; that woman really tried to convince Moonbyul to meet Yongsun. It was Moonbyul who had a heart of stone. She cruelly threw Kim Yongsun away.

She couldn’t feel Minhyuk next to her. The boy must have gone with his Mommy Wheein. But it was not for long. She could feel the boy nudging her again.

“Umma, it’s already morning and Minhyuk is hungry. But Moonbyul Noona bought me egg rolls and sausages. They were really good! Wake up soon, okay? Then Umma can eat with Minhyuk.”

Moonbyul Noona. Yongsun couldn’t describe the feeling she felt inside. It was just so sad to hear Minhyuk calling Moonbyul Noona but on the other hand; Yongsun felt like she deserved it. Moonbyul denied her own son when he was born.

“Hyukkie ah, you have chilli sauce all over your shirt. Come, let’s go wash it off.”

“Then Umma?”

“Moonbyul Noona can stay with Umma.”

“Noona, please look after my Umma. Minhyuk will be back with Mommy Wheein.”

“I will.”

There was silence as Yongsun could hear Minhyuk giggling away with Wheein. They must have shared a small joke. She was glad that Minhyuk sounded calmer than he was yesterday. Wheein had that incredible effect on him.

As she was concentrating so much on Minhyuk and Wheein, a soft warmth touched her hand. This time, it was so familiar. It was too familiar. The hand caressed her palm gently; a thumb rubbing the top of her hand in circles gently – Moon Byul Yi.

That one woman who could break her apart so easily. That one woman whom she thought was her forever. Yongsun couldn’t fathom what was on Moonbyul’s mind.

Why she did what she did?

What was she thinking of?

When did she realize that she doesn’t need Kim Yongsun anymore?

Yongsun wished she could just get up and deliver a hard slap on Moonbyul’s face. She felt like she deserved it and Yongsun should just kick the out of her.

But her heart softened when she heard Moonbyul’s quivering voice.

“Yongsun.. Kim Yongsun.. Yongsun ah..”

Moonbyul paused. She watched Yongsun’s facial expressions to see if she would response. But she had nothing. Yongsun’s eyes were still closed.

“Yongsun, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be here because I don’t deserve it. But there’s nowhere else I wanted to be right now except being by your side. I wanted to hold your hand so much; the tiniest contact with your skin was enough to put a huge smile on my face. I felt at ease; I felt like a whole new world was opening up for me. I should have realized that effect you have on me would still work after all these years.”

Yongsun listened; her heart felt something. Moonbyul’s words tugged her heartstrings but Yongsun was adamant not to forgive Moonbyul so easily.

“I know I was wrong to push you away but believe me baby; it was not easy for me either. It was 100 times worse than anything else and I couldn’t feel my own heart anymore.”

Yongsun felt moist on her hand. She knew Moonbyul was crying.

“I’m not going to ask for anything but for you to wake up and open your eyes. I want to look into them even if they are filled with wrath and hatred for me. At least I know you’re still here with me. I owe you my life; I owe Wheein your life too. So please, please wake up soon.”

-

Should Yongsun forgive Moonbyul and let her in once again? Yongsun still couldn’t forget those deafening words that almost killed her. Moonbyul was so determined to move on and if that was she wanted; Yongsun thought she should grant her that wish.

She has gotten what she wanted – Kim Minhyuk. She has someone waiting for her patiently – Jung Wheein. What else does she need?

And if Moonbyul wanted her back; it wouldn’t be easy for her. Perhaps Yongsun should push her to the edge to see if Moonbyul really loves her.

Or should she just give up and move on with Wheein?

Kim Yongsun needed to let time show her the right way.

-