Sequel 10

I love you a thousand times (FINALLY ENDED)

Wheein was sleeping next to Yongsun. Minhyuk was on his mother’s other side. The 3 of them squeezed together on the bed. Ensuring that her son was comfortable by her side; Yongsun turned to take a peek at Wheein. The woman was sleeping; probably exhausted of the events unfolded for the past few days.

She watched as Wheein’s soft breaths filled the air. That peacefulness on the younger woman’s face gave Yongsun tranquillity and serenity that she had never experience before. She knew what she did was wrong. She knew she was using Wheein but it was a no lie that Yongsun might have a little affection for the younger woman too.

Earlier on, Wheein took care of her. Yongsun was immobile due to her injuries so Wheein carried her back and forth to the washroom. And because Yongsun still couldn’t stand up; Wheein took over her role. She bathed Minhyuk; fed him and even put him to sleep eventually. Wheein was a perfect mother to her son but Yongsun knew Wheein was still waiting for her.

She finally understood why Wheein was hesitant to step into her life. They had a long talk earlier on and Yongsun was ashamed of herself after that conversation.

-

“We need to talk about us.”

“Us?”

“Yes, Wheein. Us.”

Wheein took a deep breath before sitting down in front of Yongsun. She read Yongsun’s eyes and she could see love and affection. Kim Yongsun was definitely different this time. Wheein couldn’t help but feeling that the woman in front of her was just faking her condition.

“Please be honest with me, Yongsun unnie. You’re just faking your amnesia, right?”

Yongsun was taken aback. She was utterly shocked when Wheein smiled at her. The woman seemed to know her so well.

“I’m a lawyer, my dear. My instincts are strong to pick up such details. And your heart is still yearning for Moon Byul Yi. This is the reason why I have never confessed my heart to you.”

“Wheein…”

Wheein stopped her. She put her finger on Yongsun’s lips and shook her head. She smiled even though there were tears in her eyes.

“If you’re going to make use of me to make Moonbyul regret her actions, then please use me. I can understand why you’re doing this. Because right at that very moment before you ran towards the speeding truck; our eyes met. I saw your gaze. It was the most devastating gaze you had ever given to me. I was so afraid that you might give up on yourself. I was so afraid that you might decide to leave us; leave me for good.”

Tears slowly trickled down from the corner of Wheein’s eyes and Yongsun felt worst. Her heart sank when Wheein’s tears fell on her arm. That warmth sensation burnt her conscience. What was she thinking of making use of that woman’s pure love towards her?

The guilt was so overwhelming that Yongsun just grabbed Wheein and hugged her tightly. The two women cried together – one was feeling the pain of probably not having the woman ever in her life and the other was feeling guilty because she could never give her heart to the other. It was just so cruel the way their destinies intertwined. They were never meant to be.

“I couldn’t help it. I couldn’t stop loving Moonbyul. Despite those words she said to you; despite the broken pieces of my fragile heart – I still want her to be with me.”

Yongsun eventually confessed. Those words were like knife stabbing Wheein’s heart again and again but the younger woman knew that right from the very start. She pulled Yongsun away gently and wiped the woman’s tears away. She smiled painfully. She was determined to push her deepest feelings for Yongsun away.

“But I can help you. We can teach Moonbyul a lesson.”

“No, this is not right. I cannot do this to you. I hurt you more than enough. Moonbyul hurt me for 5 years. And I hurt you for the same amount of years too. How can I not understand why you kept your feelings buried deep down because you already knew the truth of my heart? I’m sorry. I’m really sorry for putting you through this.”

“Don’t be. I chose to do it for you. I chose this path. I just wanted to help you because I’m Minhyuk’s god mother. In a certain way, I do have a degree of responsibility towards him. And of course, you. I failed to help Moonbyul and you.”

“No, silly. You have helped us the most. But with your heart broken at the same time.”

“Shh. Let’s not dwell about the past. I will help you to teach Moonbyul a lesson this time. She owed me a lot too.”

Wheein grinned; hoping to lighten up the mood between them. She wiped her tears away and Wheein’s smile was blinding Yongsun. God, it hurt. It really hurt so much for Yongsun. She cursed and swear at her heart for being so foolish. Then Wheein came closer and hugged her tightly.

“Let this be the last time I’m going to do this for you. After Moonbyul win you over, I will let you go. I’ll be fine, trust me. I’ve been through worse than this. So, please. Please let me help you for the last time. Let me pretend to love you – just for one last time.”

-

“Silly Wheein.”

Yongsun whispered softly as she gently caressed Wheein’s face. She scooted closer and studied Wheein’s beautiful face. This woman was selfless.

“I hope the next woman will love you with all her heart. I pray that she will never break your heart like this. Because I only want happiness for you, Jung Wheein. Please God, please give Jung Wheein only happiness after me.”

She sighed as she pulled Wheein closer to her. She glanced slightly to her side; Minhyuk was still sleeping soundly with his arms around her waist. After ensuring Minhyuk wouldn’t fall on the other side of the bed; she reeled Wheein into her arms gently. She wrapped her arms around Wheein’s waist. The younger woman whined slightly but her eyes were still closed.

Yongsun breathed in relief and softly confessed her innermost feelings for the woman in front of her.  She could never thank Wheein more.

“I love you, Jung Wheein. You’ll always be special in my heart.”

Kim Yongsun lightly planted a soft kiss on Jung Wheein’s forehead before she closed her eyes; her cheeks were so close to the younger woman.

-

While Yongsun was falling asleep with Wheein in her arms, someone was peeking through the door of her ward. She witnessed everything – the tender soft kiss on Wheein’s forehead and the sincere confession from her broken heart. A pang of guilt and thunderous pain hit her heart almost instantly.

Tears were so quick to find her eyes once again and she watched as the woman she loves sleeping in the arms of another woman – the same woman who had given her time and love for her to heal.

Who was she to come in between them? Who was she to claim back what belonged to her previously?

Jung Wheein has given her everything to her broken wife. She built a family with Yongsun and even raised her son. Moonbyul couldn’t take it anymore. She closed the door and settled down on the seat just outside Yongsun’s ward.

Regrets washed over her. Waves and waves of regrets, devastation and stupidity hit Moonbyul’s heart and all she could feel was eternal pain. For 5 years; she thought she was doing the right thing. For 5 years; she thought she was protecting Kim Yongsun. For 5 years; she thought Yongsun would be fine without her. But she was wrong.

She was ing wrong. Yongsun was relentlessly waiting for her to come back. Yongsun still loves her despite the pain she put the woman through. So why now?

Are you kidding me, Moon Byul Yi? Why are you regretting now?

She cursed and swore at herself. She was desperate to turn back the hands of time but no, reality was cruel enough to swallow Moonbyul’s world into the darkness. And serve her right this time – Kim Yongsun has forgotten about her like how she wanted her to; 5 years ago.

There were no longer tears; Moonbyul had cried a river an hour ago. She leaned her back against the wall; her eyes blinded the lights above her. She wished the light would blind her completely so that she wouldn’t have to watch Yongsun in some other woman’s arms.

But no, God was fair. She put Yongsun through this. And now it was her turn to face it. She glanced to her side and found Hwasa sitting next to her. This woman had suddenly became her best friend. She was always there when Moonbyul felt like dying.

“What are you doing here?”

“Watching over you.”

“Do I look pathetic to you?”

“Maybe. A little.”

“You’re not supposed to agree with me.”

“Well, you’re stupid. I’m here to give you a helping hand.”

Moonbyul managed a smile while Hwasa gave her a sly smirk. The pair sat outside the ward quietly. Both had many thoughts running through their minds. They kept in silence for 10 minutes before Moonbyul spoke up again.

“Have you been in love before?”

“What do you think?”

“Is it as painful as mine?”

Hwasa smiled before shrugging her shoulders. Was it painful for her? She almost died when she had to leave Wheein. So does that consider painful?

“I was no better than you.”

Moonbyul sat up immediately; she turned to look at Hwasa. Hwasa has never really spoken about her past to her. This was the first time.

Hwasa refused to look at her; her eyes focused at the emptiness in front of her. But she shared her story nevertheless.

“I left her because we were young and stupid. Her parents thought what we had was wrong. Honestly, I had no idea what we had together. It was just so perfect and fluffy.”

“How old were you?”

“We were in high school. We started as friends in middle school. She rescued me from the bullies in school and then we hit off really well. But things slowly started to change. It wasn’t weird at all but we did all the things a couple would do. We held hands; we kissed and just spent time together. That was in high school.”

“That was fairly innocent. It must have been beautiful.”

“It was until I had to lie so that she could be different. So that she could find better love with a proper person.”

“A proper person?”

“The right way – to be married with a man; have children and a family. Well that was what her parents wanted for her.”

“Oh. And you gave her up just like that?”

Hwasa nodded. The memory still kills her all the time but Hwasa learnt to control her tears over time. Or rather; she had no more tears to cry anymore.

“The way I left her was pathetic. There was no goodbye. I just picked up the pieces and left in silence. Even my whole family moved with me. I told everyone not to tell her my whereabouts.”

Moonbyul nodded. She somehow sympathized with Hwasa. She knew how that feel.

“I heard she was searching like crazy for me. But I hid myself for the longest time. I even changed my real identity from her.”

“Your real identity? Ah, as in your real name.”

“Yes. I covered myself completely. For one whole year, she was searching for me. I knew because my good friends kept bugging me to meet her.”

-

“Can you just meet her?”

Sowon was screaming at Hyejin. The girl remained silent.

“You know the reason why I couldn’t.”

“But she’s going crazy, Hyejin ah. She has been crying; searching for you. You know you’re her best friend in this world. How could you just kill your best friend’s heart like that?”

Sowon was determined to instil guilt in Hyejin’s heart. But the girl was undaunted. She hardened her heart so much that she was determined not to fall further. She shook her head.

“She will get over it.”

“ANH HYEJIN!”

“Do me a favour, Sowon ah. Please. Please look after her for me.”

“This is crazy. This is insane. Don’t you regret this one day?”

“I might. But this is for her own good.”

-

Moonbyul’s heart sank. Hwasa’s story was so familiar with hers. Both thought what they did was for the best but it was just a lie to their own hearts.

“And you stopped meeting her?’

Hwasa nodded.

“She eventually left for Seoul with her family.”

“And you never heard from her ever since?”

“No, she even cut her contacts with my friends.”

“Do you regret?”

“Massively. I kept wishing I could return back to those times. If I could, I will never let her go.”

“And you never dated anyone else ever since?”

“No. She’s the only one for me.”

“Oh gawd, Hwasa. Your love story is worse than mine.”

Hwasa smiled and shrugged her shoulders. Her mind was full of Wheein.

“I probably changed so much that she couldn’t recognize me.”

Moonbyul stared at her.

“You met her?!”

Hwasa nodded.

“But she’s in love with a complicated woman.”

“What?’’

“She’s in love with someone else. She probably has forgotten about how I looked like.”

“It has been years huh?”

“I guess so.”

“Are you going to tell her that you’re Anh Hyejin?”

Hwasa shook her head.

“I’ve lost her. And I don’t even have a chance to undo my mistakes. But you. You’re different.”

Moonbyul sighed. She recalled the painful sight of Wheein and Yongsun sleeping arm in arm together. She shrugged her shoulders. But Hwasa was not going to let her be stupid anymore.

“Yongsun has forgotten about you. She has forgotten about her past. But no matter how much she has forgotten about you; her heart can still remember you. Make her fall in love with you all over again. Fill her up with new memories so that she can never remember the pain you’ve put her through.”

Moonbyul listened attentively. Suddenly Hwasa’s words made sense. But Wheein. Moonbyul couldn’t be selfish after what Wheein had done for Yongsun.

“Wheein wants to do this fairly. She’s right when she said you still have a chance. I’m not even sure if I can ever have a chance to win my ex back but you have. Stop procrastinating. Plan your move. Win her heart and fill her with love all over again. Trust me, if you don’t take this chance, you will regret forever.”

-

Wheein was waking up; taken aback at first because Yongsun’s arms were around her waist. Kim Minhyuk was already awake; he was chatting happily with a nurse. Wheein turned to look at Yongsun and remembered the conversation they had shared.

She smiled before pulling herself away from Yongsun. But the woman pulled her back in again. Wheein was stunned at first.

“Don’t you dare leave me before I even open my eyes.”

“Stop teasing me. You have been taking advantage of me for the whole night.”

“You almost fell off the bed so I held you closer. Is that wrong?”

Yongsun spoke without opening her eyes. Wheein was actually enjoying this playful banter between them. She sighed before pulling Yongsun for a quick hug.

“Are you always that clingy, Kim Yongsun?”

“Maybe.”

“You’re so quick to confess.”

Yongsun finally opened her eyes and she saw that red puffy eyes. She felt guilty. She sighed before caressing Wheein’s cheeks gently.

“Never ever cry because of me again. I forbid you.”

“What’s with the sudden threat?”

“You’re special to me, Jung Wheein. Remember that.”

Wheein was confused. Yongsun was being affectionate to her. Then at the corner of her eyes, she noticed a pair of eyes were watching them. She turned over her shoulder and was shocked to find Moonbyul behind her. She turned to Yongsun.

The woman gave her knowingly smile. Wheein knew Yongsun was already starting her game and Wheein promised to help her. So she did what Yongsun wanted. Yongsun had probably seen Moonbyul without her knowing.

“Aww, you’re so sweet.”

“Give me a kiss.”

“No, someone’s here. That’s not right.”

“Who’s here?”

Yongsun pretended to look over Wheein’s shoulder and Moonbyul was smiling at her. Moonbyul’s eyes were tired and red. She must have cried too last night but Yongsun’s heart was still aching.

“Oh hi Moonbyul.”

“Good morning.”

Moonbyul replied nonchalantly. Wheein was wondering if she should greet her but Moonbyul beat her to it.

“Morning Wheein.”

“Er, morning.”

“I got you breakfast. I even bought for Minhyuk too.”

Moonbyul stood up and placed the packets of food on Yongsun’s tray table but the woman was a little hostile towards Moonbyul.

“What are you doing here?”

Yongsun suddenly asked. Wheein was frowning at her but Yongsun ignored it.

“Oh, I came to visit you and Minhyuk.”

“I see. That’s nice of you.”

Moonbyul smiled and stood next to Wheein. Wheein sat up eventually and got out of the bed. Moonbyul was staring at her; and Wheein knew she had a lot of explanation to do.

“Moonbyul ah.. I..”

“It’s okay.”

She patted Wheein’s shoulder gently. Then she leaned closer towards Wheein. Her menacing eyes were piercing through Wheein’s gaze. That was a little intimidating.

“I’ll do all I can to win her back.”

Moonbyul whispered. Wheein was still gazing at her in confusion.

“Let’s play fair. We will see who shall win this time.”

Moonbyul then turned around and walked off. Both Yongsun and Wheein were stunned with Moonbyul’s reaction. They turned to look at each other.

“What was that?”

Yongsun spoke up.

“I think she’s determined to win you back.”

-

Minhyuk was running around the hospital corridor. He was bored to death because there was nothing for him to do. His mother needed to stay in the hospital for the next couple of days. He was awake earlier than his mothers. But he was reluctant to disturb them so he left the room.

At first, he was chatting with some nurses who knew him. But then he saw Moonbyul from afar. The woman was carrying food packages. He ran up to her immediately.

“Moonbyul Noona!”

He ran towards her; grateful that there was someone he could play with. Someone he knew. Moonbyul caught him as the boy jumped on her. She lifted the boy up effortlessly despite her hands were full of food packages.

“What are you doing in the corridor all by yourself?”

“I was bored. Omma and Mommy Wheein are still sleeping.”

“But still, you shouldn’t run off like that. They might get worried if they cannot see you when they wake up.”

Minhyuk pouted his lips and Moonbyul’s heart melted. Her son was the cutest. She had to admit. She regretted not watching him grow up for the last 5 years but she was determined to watch him grow up for the rest of his life.

She had done enough damage and Moonbyul knew she had to fix this. She has to start with her son first.

“Have you eaten?”

“No?”

“I bought breakfast. I bought your favourite egg roll and sausages.”

“YAY!”

Moonbyul laughed at Minhyuk’s reaction. He was so easy to please and Moonbyul realized Minhyuk has Yongsun’s cute dimples on the sides of his mouth. Well it was impossible but perhaps he started to look more like Yongsun because he was with her all this while. Moonbyul was not going to complain. Her son was more than perfect.

They sat near the playground. Minhyuk was ecstatic to have a place to run around. Moonbyul sat on the bench; watching her son running around like a mad kid. A boy would always be a boy. Minhyuk was really enjoying himself.

Suddenly Minhyuk ran back to her and held her hands. Moonbyul was taken aback but the boy’s excitement made her felt really good inside.

“Yeah?”

“Can I have my sausages?”

“Sure.”

Moonbyul pulled a packet and gave it to Minhyuk. The boy looked at her before grinning away.

“Can you feed me?”

Moonbyul swore tears filled her eyes immediately. She never had the chance to feed Minhyuk when he was a baby. She nodded eagerly and grabbed a fork. She poked into one of the sausages and fed Minhyuk with it. The boy took a bite and ran off again. That routine happened a couple more times – Minhyuk ran back and forth just to let Moonbyul feed him steadily.

Moonbyul felt blessed. This was how she would have felt if she wasn’t being stupid for the last 5 years. The joy of feeding her own child was something she couldn’t find it elsewhere. She couldn’t find words to explain her feelings. It was just amazing. Eventually the food was gone and Moonbyul suddenly found herself running around; chasing Minhyuk.

“I’m going to catch you!”

The boy shrieked in happiness as Moonbyul ran after him. The mother and son spent an hour playing together. Minhyuk was obviously happy because he had someone to play with. And for Moonbyul; this was just the start. She was going to be responsible for Minhyuk.

“I’m going to be the best mother for you, Minhyuk ah.”

She made that promise in her heart.

-

Yongsun was sitting near the window. Wheein had an important call to attend to. Moonbyul was in the room earlier on and although it hurt Yongsun like hell; she had to pretend to be hostile towards her. Wheein perfectly executed her role.

But her heart skipped a beat when she heard Moonbyul issued a challenge to Wheein. She heard what Moonbyul had said to the younger girl.

She would do all she could to win Yongsun back.

The feeling was good but Yongsun was a little disappointed. She had to resort to this before Moonbyul made her move. If she hasn’t done this; would Moonbyul try to win her back still?

She was staring out of the window and her room was facing the children’s playground. She noticed a woman and a boy were happily playing together. Her eyes grew larger when she realized that the woman was Moonbyul and the boy was Minhyuk. She pushed out the window so that she could have a better view.

She looked on with a smile as the pair was oblivious with their surroundings. Moonbyul caught up with Minhyuk and grabbed him in her arms. She lifted him up and gently threw him up in the air. She could hear Minhyuk’s laughter and her heart swelled with love.

This was so heart-warming. This was what she had always wanted from Moonbyul. She doesn’t need anything else. But 5 years ago, she had nothing. And Moonbyul hurt her so badly.

Why must she wait for such miracle to happen for this long?

She looked on with a big smile on her face. Moonbyul was really determined to win her back.

“A little longer, Moonbyul ah. Convince my heart that I should stay.”

Yongsun whispered to nobody.

-

Hwasa saw Moonbyul playing with Minhyuk at the playground. She had no intention to break the happy moment between them so she wandered around the hospital. She had bought food with Moonbyul earlier on before she sent Moonbyul back to Yongsun’s ward.

After sharing her painful past with Moonbyul, Hwasa’s burden seemed to be lighter. That painful memory had sat on her shoulders for the longest time. She used to be desperate to find Wheein back but her father stopped her. He didn’t wish to see her crying over the girl again and again.

She sighed as she settled down on the bench nearby the playground. Ever since she met Wheein again, her thoughts were full of Wheein. She could feel Wheein’s warmth in her embrace – and Hwasa missed that so much.

Every night, Hwasa dreamt of Wheein till this very day. Each time she closed her eyes; she could feel Wheein’s breath on her neck; and sometimes she could see Wheein’s eyes staring lovingly back at her.

Wheein’s ghost haunted her every night. And it was getting worse lately. Hwasa couldn’t even sleep anymore. She wanted to touch Wheein so badly.

As she was lost in her thoughts; the woman in question spotted her sitting alone. She approached her with a light smile on her face.

“Hey.”

Hwasa opened her eyes; she recognized that voice immediately. Wheein was standing in front of her.

“Hi.”

“Are you alone?”

“Moonbyul is with Minhyuk at the playground.”

“Oh?”

Wheein stretched her neck out and she smiled at the beautiful sight.

“Finally, she has decided to do something.”

“It took her two hours of lecture from me to get her mind straight.”

“Wow, you’re really good.”

Wheein sat next to Hwasa; uninvited. The shorter woman was a little uncomfortable but she welcomed that. It felt almost good to have Wheein next to her; even if it was like this.

“You think Yongsun unnie will ever remember her?”

Hwasa shrugged her shoulders. But she was more concerned with Wheein’s feelings. She knew that woman love Yongsun.

“How about you?”

“What about me?”

“Your heart. You love Yongsun.”

Wheein sighed like as though she admitted defeat. She ran her fingers through her thick hair and Hwasa’s heart was beating rapidly. God. Wheein is still as beautiful as she could remember.

“I’m willing to give her up if Moonbyul wins her back.”

“What?”

She didn’t answer. Instead, Wheein turned to look at the direction of the playground. Moonbyul was still laughing heartily with Minhyuk. She smiled.

“Look at Minhyuk. He has no idea that the woman with him is his real mother. But yet, Minhyuk is playing happily with her. That’s the loudest laughter I ever heard from him.”

“You’re jealous of them?”

“I don’t dare to. I mean I’m his god mother. But I could never be the one who shares the same blood with him. Minhyuk is such a happy boy. Moonbyul should be the one; staying by his side now.”

Hwasa admired Wheein’s generosity. She had always thought love was selfish but not Jung Wheein. She has a big heart and Hwasa felt pain for her. Jung Wheein had to sacrifice so much for someone’s happiness.

“You’re sacrificing yourself.”

Wheein chucked softly. She shook her head.

“I never had a proper relationship.  It would never last more than 3 months.”

“Oh? Why?”

Wheein sighed softly. Her mood turned sombre and Hwasa wondered if she had invaded too much of her privacy.

“You don’t have to answer me.”

But Wheein dropped the biggest bomb in Hwasa’s heart. It was the most tormenting pain that killed Hwasa’s immediately.

“I lost everything when I came to Seoul and my parents died.”

Hwasa’s jaw dropped wide open.

“We met with an accident in Seoul. They died but I survived. And my darkest years came and it lasted forever. The worst thing could happen – I had vague memories of my past. I didn’t even know who I was for quite some time.”

-

“SOWON AH!”

Hwasa banged on the door harshly. Sowon was stunned when she opened to find her good friend glaring at her. Her eyes were filled with tears but Hwasa lunged towards Sowon. She grabbed her by the collar.

“Hey, what’s wrong?!”

“Did you know about Wheein?”

“What?”

“JUNG WHEEIN!”

“Your best friend? What happened to her?”

“You had no idea what happened to her?!”

Sowon finally understood Hwasa’s rage. She bit her lower lip; she was feeling guilty about it. And Hwasa was enraged when Sowon was silent in her stead.

“She got into an accident! Did you know about it?!”

“Come in and I’ll tell you everything.”

-

“HYEJIN AH!”

Sowon ran all the way to Hyejin’s house. She was banging on the door harshly but instead of Hyejin, Mr Anh was at the door.

“Sowonie, what’s wrong?”

“Is Hyejin around?”

“She’s out with her mother. Can I assist you with something?”

Sowon was out of breath. She was running all the way from her cousin’s place. She heard something bad happened to Wheein. Her cousin was a police officer and he shared the news with Sowon. So Sowon ran all the way to Hyejin’s new house just to inform her.

“Wheein. Wheein got into an accident.”

Mr Anh’s face was distorted. He didn’t really like that name too well. Hyejin was crying for days because of this girl.

“Is it bad?”

“I heard that it is really bad. Her parents were badly injured and Wheein was sent to hospital unconscious still. Hyejin should know about this!”

“Sowon ah, I hope you can keep this to yourself.”

“Huh? But why?!”

“Hyejin took a long time to get over Wheein. It took her the longest time to stop crying; to start eating and start being normal again. I cannot risk my daughter to another heartache.”

“But.. Wheein.. Wheein needs her!”

“I’m sorry, Sowon. I have to protect my daughter.”

-

“Your father stopped me from informing you. I know about Wheein. She lost her parents. And she had lost some of her memories too. My cousin said she was in a bad shape and she had vague memories of the past. But after that, I lost contact with my cousin since he migrated to Canada. I don’t know what happened to Wheein after that. I’m sorry, Hyejin ah.”

Hwasa almost died when Sowon told her everything.  It was too painful to bear so Hwasa marched back to the hospital and spotted Wheein alone. She was on the phone but Hwasa couldn’t bear it anymore.

She ran towards Wheein and grabbed her into her embrace. Wheein was completely shocked but Hwasa couldn’t give a damn anymore.

She just hugged Wheein tightly in her arms without saying anything.

-

Minhyuk was fast asleep in Moonbyul’s arms. He was exhausted. The moment he put his head on Moonbyul’s lap; he fell asleep. So the woman decided to bring him back to his mother’s ward.

Yongsun was sitting on the bed; browsing through a magazine. Wheein was still busy with her phone call so she was somewhere outside. The woman looked up to find Minhyuk in Moonbyul’s arms. The latter smiled before gently placing Minhyuk next to Yongsun.

Yongsun nodded before she pulled her son closer to her. He was smiling in his sleep; his dimples showing on the sides of his mouth.

“Thank you for spending time with him.”

Yongsun spoke up softly.

“It’s my pleasure. I can look after him if you want me to.”

Yongsun nodded before caressing Minhyuk’s cheeks gently. Moonbyul looked on; her heart swelled with love. That smile on Yongsun’s face as she patted on Minhyuk’s gently – it made Moonbyul felt proud to have her and Minhyuk in her life.

“He’s such a wonderful boy.”

“Yes he is. He’s like my heart. I cannot live without him.”

“I understand. He’s precious.”

Yongsun ran her hair through her son’s thick black hair. He has a tiny mosquito bite on his left cheek but other than that, he was just adorable. Moonbyul watched as Yongsun’s motherly instincts kicked in almost immediately. Minhyuk was whining in his sleep so Yongsun wrapped her arms around him. She cradled him softly.

The mother of her child started singing to ease Minhyuk but for Moonbyul; it was a flashback. It was the same song Yongsun sang for her at their wedding.  

(Listen to Ryan Darling – I Choose You)

You're my always You're my forever You're my reality

You're my sunshine You're my best times You're my anomaly

 

And I'd choose you

In a hundred lifetimes I'd choose you

In a hundred worlds I'd find Y ou...

When the sky is falling

 

And I'd say, "I do"

For the rest of my life

With all that I have, I do

And I will

When the sky is falling

I promise you I'm all in,

No turning back.

Every day, every moment,

Every breath you take... I choose you.

 

This is more than just a wedding

This is etched into eternity.

With our union we will move mountains

We will live on our knees

 

And He'd choose us

In a hundred lifetimes

He'd choose us

In a hundred worlds He'd find us...

And we'd say, "We do" For the rest of our lives

With all that we have we do And we will

When the sky turns black and He comes back

Riding on the clouds

Every day, every moment,

Every breath we take,

We'll choose You.

Look into my eyes dear

This is where it starts

I'll give you my whole heart for my whole life.

And I say, "I do"

For the rest of my life

With all that I have, I do

And I will

When the sky is falling

I promise you I'm all in,

No turning back.

Every day, every moment,

Every breath you take...

I choose you.

 

Yongsun’s melodious voice echoed in Moonbyul’s ears. She held back her tears as her hands trembled from the painful memories kept running through the back of her head.

Yongsun was closing her eyes as she sang softly in Minhyuk’s ears. She purposely chose that song to stir Moonbyul’s deepest feelings for her.

It was so painful to bear but both knew it was so difficult to jump over this hurdle. They needed more than just love.

“You have a beautiful voice.”

Moonbyul whispered softly.

“Thank you.”

Yongsun’s words were almost inaudible.

Both had the tiniest hope in their hearts – hopefully all this pain and hurt will get over soon.

-