Sequel 13

I love you a thousand times (FINALLY ENDED)

 Mr Anh looked on; her daughter was sitting in front of him. She had finally decided to meet him. It has been days since his daughter avoided him.

“I’m sorry.”

Hwasa spoke up first. She loves her father. But she loves Wheein too. It hurt her so much to know that she wasn’t there when Wheein needed somebody.

“I’m sorry too.”

Mr Anh apologized.

“And if you wish to pursue her once again, I’ll give you my support.”

He added on; leaving Hwasa bewildered. The girl’s eyes went huge; surprised at her father’s words. Mr Anh could only smile and pat on his daughter’s back.

“Hyejin ah, I know you still love her. It has been so long since I last saw you having someone else in your life. Sometimes you would stare at your photo albums for the longest time and you would cry at times. It hurt me to see you like that. I know it may not be enough reasons to justify my action but all I wanted to do was to protect my daughter. She’s someone’s precious. You’re my precious too, Hyejin ah.”

Hwasa was tearing up. She knew her father was protecting her. She got up from the sofa and went over to hug her father. The old man wiped her tears away and smiled fondly.

“But when you told me what happened to her and her late parents, I knew I couldn’t be selfish anymore. She probably needed you so badly back then but I hope it is not too late for you to be by her side this time around.”

“She still couldn’t remember me. But we are starting as friends again.”

“And you’re going to Seoul with Moonbyul?”

“Yeah, I need a break. You won’t mind going for a short trip with her, right?”

“Sure. The restaurant has enough workers now. Do you have enough cash?”

Hwasa nodded.

“Don’t worry. I’ll call you when I reach.”

“Be careful, Hyejin ah. And I hope you will get to be with her again.”

Hwasa broke into a huge smile.

“Thank you, Appa.”

-

Moonbyul was waiting for Hwasa at the bus station. dropped to the ground when Mr Anh appeared with a black BMW in front of her. Hwasa doesn’t have a driving license; only Moonbyul has it. Mr Anh got out and gestured the woman to come over to the driver seat.

But Moonbyul’s feet stuck to the ground. She was unwilling to move.

“What is this?”

“This is my car.”

“I thought your car is that Hyundai Matrix or something?”

“This is my hidden car. Only special people can drive it.”

“Hwasa has a license?”

Hwasa then popped her head out.

“If I drive, we might die.”

“What?”

“I don’t have a license. So you’re driving.”

“EH?!”

Mr Anh chuckled softly before walking over to Moonbyul’s side. He patted on the woman’s shoulder.

“You’re like my other daughter. And you’re taking my daughter with you. I’d feel safer if you drive and at least it is easy for you to move around.”

“But this is a BMW. I rather drive your other car.”

“Don’t be silly. Just get in.”

“What if I crash it?”

“I’ll kill you.”

Moonbyul rolled her eyes at the old man and Mr Anh laughed heartily.

“I was just kidding. Just be safe, okay?”

It took them awhile to convince Moonbyul about the car and eventually the woman agreed. So they packed their luggage at the bonnet and Mr Anh was hugging his daughter tightly.

“Remember to call me when you’re in Seoul.”

“I will, Appa. Don’t worry, we will be fine.”

“I know you will. Moonbyul, please look after my daughter.”

“I will, Uncle. We will get going now.”

Moonbyul drove off almost immediately and the ride was smooth. The pair was sitting in silence; Moonbyul was driving with one hand; the other was resting against the window. Hwasa was sitting with her knees up on the seat; she was on her lollipop.

A song was playing on the background. The song hit them really hard.

"I Don't Wanna See You With Her"
 

It's a small town
Word gets around
And travels in circles
Through hoops, over hurdles
Everyone's careless
They talk about our mess
They don't care how it hurts me
Must think it was easy

They say you have a new love
I'm happy for you, love
I just don't wanna meet her
Are you gonna keep her?

Cause I don't wanna see you with her
I don't wanna see her face
Resting in your embrace
Her feet standing in my place
I don't wanna see you moved on
I don't think that I'm that strong
It hasn't been that long
Since I was the one in your arms

I don't like being sober
That's when it hits me it's over
Although it was my choice
I can't shake your calm voice
Saying you found one
That makes you feel as strong
And helps you through hard times
Cause that job was once mine

They say you have a new love
I'm happy for you, love
I just don't wanna meet her
Are you gonna keep her?

Cause I don't wanna see you with her
I don't wanna see her face
Resting in your embrace
Her feet standing in my place
I don't wanna see you moved on
I don't think that I'm that strong
It hasn't been that long
Since I was the one in your arms

I don't wanna see you with her
I don't wanna see you with her

Cause I don't wanna see you with her
I don't wanna see her face
Resting in your embrace
Her feet standing in my place
I don't wanna see you moved on
I don't think that I'm that strong
It hasn't been that long
Since I was the one in your arms

Cause I don't wanna see you with her

 

Both started to reminisce their last moments with the person they both love so dearly. It was so difficult but both of them knew that they needed time.

-

Flashback

Moonbyul sat on the bed; not moving at all. Yongsun was still on her lap; her breath tickled against Moonbyul’s skin but the woman didn’t care. She wanted to savour that moment for one more time. It got harder for Moonbyul to pretend that this whole saga was not hurting her.

She suddenly wished so badly that she could just snap her fingers and everything would turn around. She wanted this moment to be gone; replaced with those moments when they were still in love.

She was so desperate to hold Yongsun in her arms; her hands around Yongsun’s waist while the woman put her hands around her neck. She wanted to feel Yongsun’s breath close to hers; wanted her forehead to rest on Yongsun’s.

She wanted to hold Yongsun’s hand; she would love to intertwine their fingers together; the spaces between her fingers would always fit with Yongsun’s. Yongsun’s soft kisses; her tender lips and that smile that used to make Moonbyul feel like she could fly high up in the sky.

Those times; those beautiful moments – she wanted them back so badly. It drove her mad when she knew she had threw them away for the last five years. When she was imprisoned; she should just believe in Yongsun. She should have faced the world bravely; because Yongsun was always by her side.

But yet she failed to understand the fact that her wife has always been keeping her marriage vows in her heart. She was true to her words; Yongsun had never walked away from her.

Why did she try to protect Yongsun for? Because she should have known that Yongsun has her father to protect her. And Yongsun has Moon Byul Yi to protect her. Why didn’t she see that in the first place?

Now everything just fell apart. The one who is holding Yongsun was not her. The one who Yongsun cares and loves was not her. That heart that used to love her was not hers anymore. She has lost it to someone new.

But yet, Moonbyul couldn’t stop. Her heart wouldn’t stop. Her feelings just keep growing and right till that very moment; Moonbyul could have sworn to God that she loves Kim Yong Sun so much. She loves that woman. And nobody could have ever loved Kim Yong Sun like she does.

She remembered how Yongsun spoke fondly of Jung Wheein. The woman had seen Yongsun during her worst moments. The woman who saved Minhyuk’s life when she rushed Yongsun to the hospital. The woman who gave her everything to Yongsun just as long as she could see Kim Yong Sun smiling.

Yongsun couldn’t ignore those facts. They say actions speak louder than words and Jung Wheein’s actions were bigger than anything else. She should have wished them happiness. She should have let them be basking in love because Jung Wheein was indeed the most perfect woman for Kim Yong Sun.

However Moon Byul Yi is the woman who owns Kim Yong Sun’s heart. She’s the woman whom Yongsun had given her first to. Moon Byul Yi is the rightful woman who will protect Kim Yong Sun for the rest of her life.

Knowing Yongsun would probably still lingering in her own dreams; Moonbyul started humming. She was humming to Maria Mena’s “I Don’t Wanna See You With Her”.

Moonbyul sang the chorus softly with tears falling from the corner of her eyes.

Cause I don't wanna see you with her
I don't wanna see her face
Resting in your embrace
Her feet standing in my place
I don't wanna see you moved on
I don't think that I'm that strong
It hasn't been that long
Since I was the one in your arms

-

Wheein trapped Hwasa’s in her embrace. She hated to see others cry. She urged Hwasa to stop crying.

“Please don’t cry.”

“I’m sorry. I may look tough but I’m actually a softie inside.”

Hwasa sobbed softly that prompted Wheein to chuckle softly.

“Yes, I just realized that about you. You looked so scary at times but you cry so easily. That’s really cute.”

“Are you teasing me now?”

Wheein shook her head before Hwasa pulled herself away from the woman. Wheein smiled as her eyes focused on Hwasa. Both of them stared in silence; one was feeling dejavu while the other was contemplating if she should kiss on the lips.

Wheein was confused. What was this feeling she had inside? What’s with this heart swelling each time Hwasa looked at her like that? She felt like her heart could burst open.

What the hell.

And Hwasa; Wheein’s beautiful face was just too much for her to handle. The desperation she felt in her heart – God, she wanted to hold Wheein’s face in her palms and just kiss till the last breath of hers. Every beat of her heart kept reminding Hwasa that she is still in love with the woman in front of her.

This was so stupid. Why did she walk away? She should have fought for her love. She should have been honest with Wheein. She should have told Wheein that she has fallen in love with her and she’s not willing to let her go.

Her worst regret – letting Wheein go without letting her know how much that girl means to her; in her heart; in her life and in her universe. Even if the whole world was against them, she should have just hold on to Wheein’s hand and not letting go.

If she knew she would be this miserable and she would be losing Wheein to another woman; she rather die. Hwasa was willing to give Wheein up to a man but not a woman.

She took a deep breath. She didn’t want to wait another day. She had to tell Wheein about them; about their past; about their puppy love and about how much she went crazy since she let Wheein go.

But before she could even speak up; Wheein’s attention was snatched away by a presence of another woman.

“Wheein?”

Both Hwasa and Wheein turned to find Yongsun and Minhyuk. Yongsun was in her civilised clothes; she was no longer a patient. She was discharged.

“Mommy Wheein!”

Minhyuk let go of Yongsun’s hand and ran towards Wheein. The woman’s arms were wide open and the boy blatantly jumped in Wheein’s arms.

He was not even hers but yet Hwasa witnessed the most powerful love of all – Wheein’s undying affections for Kim Yong Sun and her son. A family that Wheein probably wanted so much since her parents died. A pang of guilt and regret washed Hwasa over.

The perfect family picture in front of her was draining her energy. She looked on as Yongsun leaned closer and kissed Wheein on her forehead. Wheein’s cheeks were flushing in red.

“Oh, hi Hwasa.”

“Hey, you can be discharged today?”

“Yeah, and we probably be heading back to the hotel for today.”

Hwasa could only nod.  What else could she do?

And it wasn’t helping Hwasa when Wheein quietly put her arms around Yongsun; pulling her in and gave her tight hug. This time, Wheein was the stronger one. When she was with Hwasa, Hwasa was the stronger one.

Suddenly a song came into Hwasa’s mind. And it killed her again and again as her mind was subconsciously singing to the lyrics.

Cause I don't wanna see you with her
I don't wanna see her face
Resting in your embrace
Her feet standing in my place
I don't wanna see you moved on
I don't think that I'm that strong
It hasn't been that long
Since I was the one in your arms

This was just so wrong.

-

Wheein moved around the hotel room; dragging their luggage around. She started packing up and Minhyuk insisted to pack his own luggage. So the couple left the boy to do what he wanted to and Wheein refused to let Yongsun to help her.

“Sit here, Unnie. I’ll do everything.”

“You know I can help.”

“No, the doctor said you need to rest.”

Yongsun pouted and Wheein pulled her playfully.  Ever since Yongsun found out about Wheein’s background, she was a little affectionate and benevolent towards the younger woman. Her heart was aching so much each time she remembered Wheein’s sacrifices for her.

Wheein folded Yongsun’s clothes and dumped them into the luggage. As she stood close to Yongsun, the woman just pulled Wheein from her waist; the woman fell on Yongsun’s lap.

“What are you doing now?”

“I just wanted to stop you.”

“Unnie, we need to pack tonight. We’re going back tomorrow.”

“I know. But I’m bored.”

“Why are you turning into Minhyuk out of sudden?”

Both women turned to look at Minhyuk. The boy was still diligently dumping his stuff into the luggage. He refused to let his mother pack his stuffs. Ever since the accident, Minhyuk was even more considerate towards his mother.

He finally looked up when he realized someone was watching him. He saw his two Mommies smiling at him. Wheein was on Yongsun’s lap. He pouted his lips.

“What’s wrong, baby?”

“Why are you pouting?”

Both women were amused when they realized Minhyuk was jealous of the attention given to his Wheein Mommy by his Omma.

“Why Omma not hugging Minhyuk?”

He folded his arm as he tapped his feet angrily. Wheein rolled her eyes and Yongsun was laughing away. Minhyuk was really cute. Yongsun then motioned her son to come over. The boy ran towards them.

Wheein stood up and sat next to Yongsun instead while Minhyuk took reign of his mother’s lap. He then took Wheein’s hand and clenched with his two small hands. He was happy. For some reason, the boy was smiling widely.

“Minhyuk saw Minhyuk’s friends’ family photos. How come Minhyuk doesn’t have one?”

Yongsun’s smile faded. Her heart really fell to the bottomless pit when she realized that Minhyuk was probably feeling out of place. Suddenly Wheein came closer and whipped out her phone. Yongsun was confused at first but Wheein urged her to smile.

“Let’s have one. Minhyuk, Yongsun Omma and Mommy Wheein.”

Wheein turned to look at Yongsun who would always be forever grateful towards the younger woman. Minhyuk was already smiling widely.

“Let’s take this one and print it out for Minhyuk. When Moonbyul manages to win your heart over; you can take with Moonbyul and replace with this.”

Wheein whispered softly in Yongsun’s ears.

-

Moonbyul was staring at Hwasa. She was in disbelief when Hwasa told her what Wheein had given her.

“Her house key?”

“Yes.”

“She’s letting us to stay at her place?”

“That woman is adamant that we should stay at her place.”

“Then where will she live when she returns?”

Hwasa didn’t reply and Moonbyul slapped her forehead. Of course, she would be staying with Yongsun. She sighed in defeat.

“Wheein said her place is close to Yongsun’s. And if you want to win Yongsun’s heart, you should stay close to her. And I took up her offer because I wanted to be where Wheein often spends her time at.”

“I should have known.”

“I will take her room.”

“You’re not going to do stupid things inside, right?”

“Don’t be an .”

Moonbyul laughed but continued driving. They finally reached Wheein’s place. They were in awe. Wheein’s place would probably cost a bomb.

“Are you sure this is an apartment? Why does it look like a 5 star hotel?”

“She’s a lawyer. I guess she must have earned a lot to afford such place. Lucky you, your girlfriend is a rich kid.”

“Shut up. I’m not in love with her because of her money.”

Moonbyul stuck her tongue out and earned a smack from Hwasa. The pair managed to find the parking space and grabbed their bags from the bonnet. Wheein did leave instructions to Hwasa to tap on the lift with her card.

“So we tap here?”

“Are you asking me?”

“Fine, shut up. I’ll try it.”

The light went green and the lift door was opened. Both timidly entered the lift and it went up really quick. Both looked up and was alarmed at the rate the lift was moving.

“Hey, we have passed 30th floors. Where is this woman staying?”

Hwasa couldn’t answer. Finally it stopped and Moonbyul almost fainted.

“WTH. 44th level?!”

“Oh my god. What if there’s a black out? How the hell is she going to save herself?”

“And you’re worrying about that now?!”

The door opened and it led out to someone’s living room. Moonbyul dropped her bag and Hwasa’s mouth was wide open.

“OH MY GOD!”

“Who the hell is this Jung Wheein?!”

Both were baffled at the size of the apartment. The lift led to her living room. They knew it was her apartment because there were photos of her in the living room. Moonbyul walked around; Hwasa went straight to the photos.

Most of the photos were pictures of Wheein alone. She had that sad smile on her face. Hwasa’s heart fell when she saw a photo of her family – young Wheein probably around 7 with her parents on both of her sides. Hwasa could remember the older lady – Wheein’s mother.

Moonbyul was checking out the place and she felt discouraged. Wheein is as rich as Kim Yongsun. Okay, maybe Yongsun wasn’t that rich but her father is a billionaire. She sighed.

“Wae?”

Hwasa noticed it.

“How am I supposed to compete with this rich lady?”

“I don’t think Yongsun cares about money.”

“Of course she doesn’t. Her father is a billionaire.”

“What?”

“Didn’t I tell you before?”

“No? Kim Yongsun’s father is a billionaire?!”

“You heard of Kim Baek Hon?”

Hwasa’s eyes grew larger. That name is really famous. He’s famous for his charity works. He owns one of the MNCs in South Korea.

“WAIT. THAT IS HER FATHER?! HE IS YOUR FATHER IN LAW?!”

Moonbyul nodded; her smile was bitter.

“WHAT THE HELL?!”

“Yes, I’m dumb.”

“If I have met you 5 years ago, I will beat the out of you.”

“Why didn’t you?”

“I think you need more than just faith to win over Kim Yongsun.”

“I know what you mean.”

“I don’t think her father is going to be easy on you.”

Moonbyul agreed. That was why she returned to Seoul. She needed to seek forgiveness from her father in law. She had done so much terrible to him and his daughter.

“What if that old man beats the crap out of you?”

“I’ll accept it.”

“Good. Repent. And work harder to win over the Kims.”

Moonbyul nodded in determination.

-

“What? Moonbyul and Hwasa-shi are at your place?”

Yongsun was surprised at that revelation.

“They said they going to stay at a hotel. It’s expensive to stay at the hotel. So I gave Hwasa-shi my key. Anyway it’s going to be easy for you to meet Moonbyul.”

“Moonbyul confessed to me this morning.”

“I know.”

“She’s determined to win me over.”

“Aren’t you glad that she is?”

Yongsun shrugged her shoulders. She wanted to believe in Moonbyul but the wound was still raw. Too raw for Yongsun to forget everything. Wheein understood the silence and walked up to Yongsun. She hugged the older woman in her arms.

“Give her some time.”

“She has a lot to do. She has to face my parents; my family and Minhyuk.”

Yongsun turned to look at her son. He was sleeping next to her.

“He stumbled upon our wedding photo in my phone. He must have seen Moonbyul too often that he remembered her face well. You know he doesn’t really pay attention that much, right?”

“Wait, he asked about her?”

“Yes, he asked me if the woman in that photo was indeed Moonbyul.”

“Then what did you answer him?”

“I managed to distract him but I’m not sure if he would ask me again. He has becoming more alert and cautious about his surroundings. Like he is aware of whatever is happening.”

Wheein understood Yongsun’s worries.

“How long more should I lie to him, Wheein ah? How could I tell him that the woman in that wedding photo is indeed Moonbyul and that she is his biological mother? That she is his real mother?”

“We have to find a way to break this softly to him.”

“He’s growing up; he’s getting smarter. I’m just scared, Wheein. I’m afraid that he would get mad at me for lying to him all these years.”

Wheein shook her head and put her finger on Yongsun’s lips.

“Let’s not think of that now. You need to sleep. We have to drive back to Seoul early morning. And I’ll be staying at your place for now.”

Yongsun nodded. So Wheein tucked the older woman under her blanket before she moved to the single bed. She turned to face Yongsun who was staring directly at her. She smiled; Yongsun smiled but both were completely unaware.

Both were unaware that Kim Minhyuk wasn’t sleeping.

And he overheard everything.

“Moonbyul Noona is my mother?”

And he wasn't happy about it.

-