Sequel 22

I love you a thousand times (FINALLY ENDED)

Wheein was roaming around the garden; searching for Hyejin. She called earlier on and Hyejin sounded upset for some reason. Wheein felt weird inside and she was keen to meet up with the woman and settle their issues once and for all.

This was the very first time Wheein lost focus on her work and all because of a woman named Anh Hyejin or better known as Hwasa. What was so great about this woman that Wheein couldn’t focus on her cases? Why was it so difficult to ignore that weird vibe she had ever since she remembered Hyejin?

Alas, she found Hyejin. She was sitting on a swing at the nearby playground. She seemed to be in depe thoughts and Wheein took a deep sigh. She was relieved that she found her, yet it was mind-boggling at how scared Wheein was when she couldn’t locate Hyejin earlier on.

“Who are you? Why are you constantly invading my thoughts and grip at the depths of my heart?”

Wheein cautiously went over and stood next to Hyejin. The said woman slowly looked up but she didn’t smile like she used to. She just stared blankly at Wheein. That scared Wheein once again.

“Hyejin?”

“You’re here.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Just getting off some steam.”

“Why? Who made you angry?”

“You. Jung Wheein, you did.”

“What did I do or say that made you angry?”

“You didn’t reply to my messages or answer my calls. You didn’t allow me to see you when I came to your office this morning.”

Wheein took a deep breath. The audacity of this woman who got mad at her because she thought Wheein ignored her. She should have. Then at least she wouldn’t feel so pissed off now.

“Look, I have work to do. I have cases to attend to. When I work, I’ll focus at one thing and I’ll just ignore other things that do not require my attention. And it’s not helping that you have been invading my thoughts and destroy my concentration. I should be mad at you instead.”

Hyejin bit her lower lip. She was acting like a spoilt child. Wheein was clearly not amused at her immaturity and childishness. She reached out for Wheein’s hand and clenched tightly.

“I’m sorry.”

Wheein kept her gaze at her but said nothing. She was still fuming mad at the situation.

“Wheein ah, I’m really sorry.”

“Were we like this before?”

“What do you mean?”

“Do we argue a lot like this?”

“You don’t remember?”

“I cannot recall much although I remember who you are.”

“We were nothing like this. We were close and just one look from you, I’ll know what’s on your mind. We had the best chemistry and our minds were often telepathic. We always knew what each other was thinking of.”

“Then why? Why weren’t you with me after I had that accident?”

“Wheein, that was one thing I really regretted in my whole entire life. I should have been there with you. I should stay by your side but Wheein ah, I didn’t know about the accident. My father hid it from me.”

“Why did he do that?”

“Because your mother forbade us to meet again.”

Wheein’s eyes grew larger. She wasn’t aware of this. Or rather, she didn’t know, and her late mother probably buried the truth in her death.

“Your mother found out that we like each other. Your parents were staunch Catholics and of course, such relationships were frown upon. She urged me to stay away from you and your father coincidentally found a job in Seoul. Your family moved and I didn’t want to create trouble for you and your mother. I moved away too.”

“We loved each other?”

“I do. I fell in love with you. I know it was never meant to be, but I fell for you. You were the best for me, Wheein ah.”

Wheein wasn’t too sure how to react.

“Did I ever tell you that I loved you too?”

“You didn’t but we knew. We knew that we loved each other.”

“So you were aware of my feelings for you?”

“I was. But we never acted on it. Probably because we were both afraid.”

“This is just too much for me to take. But I know we need to iron out our issues. I can’t keep doing this; dragging my emotional baggage and jeopardizing my job. Hyejin ah, I cannot remember a lot of things. And I really would love to recall them one by one. But now, it’s not the time.”

“Because of Kim Yongsun?”

“What?”

“You still love her, right?”

Wheein said nothing. She was confused with her own feelings too. Yongsun is vulnerable now and Wheein had always been the protective one. That instinct came back and Wheein found herself completely saddled with Yongsun and her emotional baggage too.

“I guess I do.”

“Does she love you too?”

“I’m not too sure if she does.”

“But you would love it if she is.”

Wheein sighed softly. She pulled Hyejin out from the swing and gently sat her on the bench nearby. Things were just too complicated now; Yongsun had a slight change of heart.

“I was with her last night.”

“I know.”

“She’s still struggling whether she should forgive Moonbyul. She felt it’s totally unfair that her heart wants Moonbyul back, but her mind vehemently reminded her of the pain Moonbyul put her through for the last 5 years. I was with her, Hyejin. And those were the most terrible moments in Yongsun’s life.”

“She must have been struggling so much.”

“She did. She almost lost Minhyuk. She almost miscarried.”

Hyejin’s eyes grew larger. She reached out for Wheein’s hand and held tightly.

“Tell me what happened.”

“Are you going to tell Moonbyul?”

“That woman needs to know.”

Wheein told Hyejin everything from the beginning till the ending. Hyejin teared up a couple of times but she finally understood why Wheein wants to protect Yongsun so badly. If it was her, she would do the same too.

But she needed to know if there would be something in their own future. She needed to know if Wheein is willing to give it a chance.

“Then, what’s going to happen to us?”

Wheein turned to look at Hyejin. Honestly, the woman was clueless too. But she would love to gain her memories back.

“We can revisit our past again, but I guess you might be sharing me with Yongsun for a while more.”

Hyejin frowned.

“I mean, Yongsun is going to stay with me for as long as she wants. Minhyuk will always be with me. If you’re willing to have these people in my life, then we can do something.”

Hyejin was perplexed with Wheein’s words.

-

Moonbyul was alone at Wheein’s apartment. Yongsun fell ill. She fell ill because of her. Because of the unnecessary pressure she put on Yongsun. It was too much for Yongsun to handle yet Moonbyul was greedy.

She wanted to put a stop to all this pain, and she went all out to get her woman back. But she forgot; she has forgotten about the pain she put Yongsun through. She recalled Minhyuk’s words to her.

“Minhyuk doesn’t know much or how painful it was for Omma but for people around Omma, they wanted to protect her so badly. Haraboji, Mommy Wheein, Haelmoni, everybody. What did you do actually?”

“I denied your mother.”

“Denied?”

“I kept pushing her away when she visited me in the prison with you.”

“Prison? What happened?”

“It’s a long story but I didn’t want your mother or you actually. I was a criminal. I shouldn’t put you or your mother through those harsh times. You know, people are unforgiving.”

“So, Omma got hurt by Noona?”

“All the time.”

Minhyuk sighed then pouted his lips. He couldn’t say much because after all, he was still a boy. But he knew that his mother needed some time alone.

“Maybe now is not the time. Maybe Omma need more time. Can Noona give Omma more time?”

“You think your mother will ever forgive me, Minhyuk? Will you?”

“Minhyuk think Noona did a lot of mistakes to Omma. But Noona need time; Omma need time too and Noona need to wait. Omma waited long too, right?”

“Yes, she did. She awfully did.”

“Then let Omma take her time. It’s fair to her.”

Right. Fairness. She was too greedy with her own need that she has forgotten about Yongsun’s need to forgive her and move on together. Why didn’t she see that earlier on?

“Okay, I’ll wait.”

Moonbyul was not ready to give it all up. Time. Patience and tender care. She needs to win Yongsun’s heart; she needs to take one step at a time once again.

-

Just then, Moonbyul’s phone beeped. Someone sent a message. She grabbed the phone and was surprised to find a familiar name.

She wrote a long message.

“Honestly, I should have given you a chance. My heart wants it so badly. But my mind wouldn’t let me. I remember you, Moonbyul. I remember you so well that I wished I could throw all those memories away. It hurt when I think of you. It hurt when I dream of you. It hurt so badly that sometimes I think I’m the biggest fool of your lifetime. Why? Why is it so hard to tear you away from my pain? I want to embrace you yet I’m tired of this. I want to say I love you, but my voice fails me.

I’m totally broken. My heart broke into many million pieces and I couldn’t find every single piece back. I probably lost some of them and this heart is no longer whole again. Yet, this heart wants to feel the pain; wants to feel your heart; wants to reach out to you and be a fool and let you love me all over again.

But my mind is stronger this time. I’m hardened by the hard knocks you did to me. Many times, I wished I could just move on with Wheein but it doesn’t work that way. Wheein knows it. And I know it too. This is so unfair.

Tell me. What is the best punishment I should give to you? Because I can no longer walk away from us anymore. It’s tiring to do so. I cannot pretend that I don’t know you anymore. It’s just too difficult to act anymore. And I can no longer love you more than I used to; because it was chipped off each time you turned me away.

I thought love is good enough for you and me to go through all the obstacles in my life, yet love was the one who betrayed me and hurt me so much.

Moon Byulyi, tell me what I should do. Stop tormenting me. I cannot take it anymore. I love you yet I hate you.

And I love you a thousand times, yet I’m broken a million times more.”

It killed Moonbyul instantly. It did.

-

“Unnie, where are you going?”

“I need time alone.”

“You’re not running away, right?”

“No, I’m not. Can you help me look after Minhyuk for a week or two? Let me clear my mind. I cannot deal with this anymore. I’m falling into depression.”

“I understand. But you must promise not to hide from me. When I call you, you better answer!”

Yongsun chuckled softly and nodded.

“I’m not going alone. I’m going with my father. But Minhyuk has school so he can’t follow me. He will be staying with my mother, but it will be great if you can look out for him now and then.”

“Sure, I will. Does Moonbyul know?”

“No, please don’t tell her. There’s just too much anger in me and our relationship is getting too toxic. Let me clear my mind and I’ll return.”

“I’ll miss you, Unnie.”

“I’ll miss you too, Wheein.”

Yongsun decided to leave for a while. It was time for her to take this opportunity to be away; to stay away from Moonbyul. She sent that long message and hoped that Moonbyul could understand.

This was for the best. They both needed that time apart.

No doubt, they were for the last 5 years but Yongsun felt so much anger in her that she couldn’t act rational anymore.

“I’m sorry, Moonbyul. I need to do this.”

-

“WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~”

Minhyuk cried his lungs out. Wheein was amused and Yongsun had hard time trying to pacify the young boy.

“Minhyuk ah, Omma is going away for work. Just for 7 days.”

“MINHYUK CANNOT SLEEP WITHOUT OMMA!”

“You can sleep with Mommy Wheein.”

Minhyuk miraculously stopped crying and then grinned widely. Yongsun understood that grin perfectly. Her son had always preferred Wheein than her because Yongsun was more of the disciplinarian while Jung Wheein the lawyer is the pampering Queen. She would give in to Minhyuk all the time.

“Jung Wheein, don’t you dare pamper him to the moon.”

“Oh come on, he’s still a little boy.”

“Wheein ah, look at his grin.”

Wheein rolled her eyes when Minhyuk was still grinning like a Cheshire cat. She knows she’s a little pushover when it comes to the little guy. She knows she will lose out to him somehow.

“Kim Minhyuk, you have to listen to Mommy Wheein. She will call and report to me if you misbehave. And when I return, you will be grounded.”

Minhyuk pouted his lips because he totally understood her mom’s firm tone. He nodded and even promised his mother he will behave.

“Minhyuk will miss Omma.”

Yongsun hugged him tightly and then kissed his forehead. She had to do this for his sake. No, she had to do this for her own sake. And also for Moonbyul. It was only fair that she took this break; being apart to set things right.

Their relationship was too toxic that Yongsun was hating it more every day. And with Moonbyul suddenly invading into her life like as though it was normal, it was tearing Yongsun apart even more.

So before she hates Moonbyul totally, she needed this break to stay apart. It was just a coincidence that her father would be travelling to Singapore for a business meeting. She persuaded her father to take her along with him. He relented.

“Appa, please take me along. I need to stay away from Moonbyul. I’m getting irritated with her presence,”

“Are you seriously not going to give her another chance?”

“It’s too sudden. 5 years, Appa. 5 years she cruelly threw me aside and for that reason alone, I couldn’t forgive her just yet. It would seem too easy and I’m no longer that same Yongsun.”

“I understand. As long as you’re happy, Yongsun. And whatever that will ease the fire in your heart. And I think it’s time for you to attend overseas meetings with me. I’m getting old. I would love you to take over my position one day.”

“I’ll focus on work for the next 7 days. Maybe it’s a good thing.”

-

Hyejin was perplexed. What does Wheein’s words mean? What did she mean when she mentioned that Hyejin would be sharing her with Yongsun?

Yongsun belongs to Moonbyul, isn’t it? Why was Wheein still holding on to the older woman? She sat in the living room; looking very troubled and affected. Just then, Moonbyul returned from god knows where. She has been missing for the last two days. Hyejin looked up to find Moonbyul’s brooding eyes. She knew something wasn’t right.

“Where did you go?”

“Drinking.”

“What?”

“I passed out somewhere and finally got home.”

“What happened? Why did you drink so much?”

“Yongsun. Yongsun is ill because of me.”

Now Hyejin understood Wheein’s words. Something must have happened. Moonbyul sat next to her; then buried her face in her hands. She was frustrated with herself; with the situation and she was pissed off with her old stupid self.

“She fell sick because I was pushing too hard on her. Damn it! I really wanted her to come back to me. I was dying to hold her hand so badly, but it never occurred to me that it was driving her insane instead.”

“Didn’t you say you will take your time?”

“I was selfish.”

“Moonbyul ah..”

“I thought I was getting through her. She must have thought I was getting close to Minhyuk just to get to her. Just to attack her weaker side; her motherly love for Minhyuk. But that was never my intention. I just wanted to..”

Moonbyul couldn’t finish her words. She should have been more careful. She should have handle Yongsun’s heart delicately. Her fragility is killing her softly and Moonbyul had to rush things through.

“You’re just pushing her away to Wheein.”

Moonbyul snapped her head to the right; staring into Hyejin’s eyes.

“What do you mean?”

“I met Wheein. She said she couldn’t leave Yongsun yet because Yongsun needs her. She even said that I could be sharing her with Yongsun for the rest of her life; because Yongsun and Minhyuk mean the world to her. Wheein loves her unconditionally and she still cares a lot about Yongsun.”

“Wheein is the most patient person I ever met. She’s so soft and gentle towards Yongsun. She’s persuasive and she uses emotional intelligence to work around Yongsun. You can see the difference between me and Wheein. She’s really a smart woman to begin with.”

“She is. Wheein is a smart person. She has a beautiful heart. But when she said I will share her with Yongsun, I see the probability that she might love me once again.”

“She remembers you?”

“She does but she couldn’t remember what we had done or what we had back in our younger days. She said she was affected by me; she couldn’t concentrate in her work; in her cases at all.”

“Looks like we are giving our women more trouble; more headache and affecting their lives in the worst way possible. Are we selfish, Hyejin ah?”

Hyejin bit her lower lip and then shrugged her shoulders. One part of her heart was chiding her for being selfish and immature while the other was urging her to hold on to Wheein. She was at the crossroads too; just like Moonbyul.

“I have no idea. Now I’m just afraid to pursue her. But come to think about it, we hurt them for so many years. We were selfish then; we are still selfish now. We are just too eager to get them but never give them that time; that space to heal.”

“That’s why I told Yongsun that I would back off for now. Until she’s willing to meet me again and until she feels comfortable to see me once more.”

“I guess that’s the best thing to do. I’ll go with your flow. Our relationships are inter-linked now. Until Yongsun gets over her heart ache, you will never get her back and I, I will never acquire Wheein’s heart fully.”

The two women finally realized it.

-

Minhyuk insisted to stay with Wheein in her room. Yongsun had flown to Singapore with her father. And his grandmother had to go back to her hometown for two days. So, he ended up staying with his Mommy Wheein.

“Mommy?”

“Hmm?”

Wheein was drying his hair with the towel. The boy stood in between her legs and looked at his godmother carefully. He sighed.

“What?”

“Do you know my PE teacher, Mr Yoo likes you?”

“I think I’m aware of that. He’s always staring at me when I pick you up from school.”

“Minhyuk hates it.”

“Haha, why?”

“Mommy Wheein is Minhyuk’s.”

“Wow, possessive huh? I don’t really have interest in him either.”

“Wish Minhyuk is older enough. Then Minhyuk can be Mommy Wheein’s boyfriend!”

Wheein smiled in amusement. She continued to dry him clean and then helped him with his pyjamas. He was growing taller by the day and he looked more and more like Moonbyul. If Moonbyul had short hair, people can see the close resemblance between the mother and the child.

“Mommy Wheein?”

Minhyuk called out softly.

“Yes?”

“Mommy Wheein loves Omma still?”

“I would be lying if I don’t.”

“Then why didn’t Mommy Wheein marry Omma?”

“I can’t.”

“Because of Moonbyul Noona?”

“Yes, and Omma. She’s suffering too much.”

“Then Mommy Wheein? What will you do?”

“I guess, I have to look for other choices.”

“Like Hwasa Noona?”

“That’s another possible choice, I suppose.”

“But Mommy Wheein loves her?”

“Used to. But now, I don’t know. I mean, it’s too complicated.”

“Minhyuk loves both you and Omma. Minhyuk doesn’t want to see two of you sad and alone. Minhyuk wants Omma and Mommy Wheein to be happy.”

Wheein teared up immediately. She pulled the boy closer and hugged him tightly. She wanted to be happy too. She wanted to be with someone too. She had enough of being lonely. She hates loneliness.

But that was slowly fading away. Ever since Minhyuk’s birth, Wheein didn’t find herself lonely anymore. The boy became her pride and joy. She loves him. She loves him unconditionally and would do anything to make him happy. But hearing from him; how much he worries about her being lonely, Wheein couldn’t stop crying.

“Don’t cry.”

Minhyuk wiped her tears away and then buried his face in her neck.

“Minhyuk, can you promise me?”

“Um.”

“Can you don’t leave Mommy Wheein?”

“Never. Minhyuk will never leave Mommy Wheein. Minhyuk wants Mommy Wheein to stay with Minhyuk until Minhyuk grows up. Because Minhyuk wants to look after Mommy Wheein just like how Minhyuk will look after Omma.”

That was good enough. Wheein was consoled. Minhyuk’s comforting words reduced the impending hurt and pain in her heart. The adults were just hurting each other too much. They were complicated and selfish.

Unlike Minhyuk, this child; this child gaves Wheein the comfort; the consolation and the pain eased away bit by bit. She would hold on to this child.

“I promise, Minhyuk ah. Whatever happens in the future, I’ll never leave your side.”

Minhyuk smiled widely and nodded eagerly. Wheein ended up laughing and started tickling the little guy’s ribs. He shrieked before escaping Wheein’s clutches and ended up chasing him around.

Whatever that makes Kim Minhyuk happy, Jung Wheein will hold on to that hope. Because of that hope, Wheein is convinced she could still be happy in the future.

-

Moonbyul was lying on the bed when she heard a beep from her phone. She pulled the phone from her haversack and sat up immediately.

A message came from Yongsun.

“I won’t be in Seoul for a week. We need this time apart. I’m beginning to hate our past; beginning to hate the present and I’m despising our future. It has reached to this stage so before I end up hating you, I’m leaving for a week.

I’m with my father on a business trip. I might take longer if I’m still struggling with this. I hope you can understand my pain. For now, it’s still bearable because it’s you. But I’m afraid that it would change if you keep charging into my life uninvited.

Too much pain; too much torment that you put me through. Memories keep playing back and those hurting moments keep haunting me all the time.

Wait for me to come back. Wait for me to let go of this intense pain. If you want to meet up with Minhyuk, he’s with Wheein. Just call Wheein and you can spend time with him. I’m not going to keep you away from him. He’s your son. He’s your responsibility too.

It’s only me. It’s only us. The problem lies in us. Not Minhyuk. Let me work this out on my own. Till then, let’s just remain friends.”

Moonbyul wanted to press the call button so badly. But she vehemently stopped herself. She refrained from worsening things than they were before. Yongsun was right. The problem lies with them; no, the problem was her.

The problem was Moonbyul. She contemplated if she should give up. She was so conflicted that she couldn’t breathe properly. She desperately wanted to turn back the hands of time; and stop acting stupid and foolish. Why couldn’t she just recall her promises with Yongsun?

To stay with her through good and bad times.

Her wedding vow – to love Yongsun even if the marriage gets too complicated. Or love just seems to fade away. She vowed in front of everybody during her wedding. That she would find it back and love Yongsun even better than before.

But she was stupid. She was egoistic. She was ungrateful, selfish and dumb. Yongsun pledged her loyalty and undying love but Moonbyul chose to push her away and hurt her every single time Yongsun visited her in prison.

So, why cry now? Why are you crying now, Moon Byulyi? You brought this to yourself. You got caught in this situation because you thought you were smart enough. But the fact was, you’re the fool.

And what Hyejin shared with her earlier on, the knife in her heart kept twisting. She thought she was protecting Yongsun but she was killing the poor woman softly inside. She had never thought of putting herself in Yongsun’s shoes.

How she was when she found she was pregnant; how she tried to carry her burden to visit Moonbyul in the prison with a UG scan of Minhyuk when he was still growing inside his mother’s belly; how she was turned away cruelly and almost got miscarried because her body was weak; how she went into premature labour without Moonbyul with her; how terrified Yongsun was; she almost lost her baby and it was all because of her so-called beloved wife; how Minhyuk was born prematurely; how small and fragile he was; and how Yongsun dragged her weak body with infant Minhyuk in her arms; yet once again, Moonbyul threw her away; rejecting her rights; denying Minnyuk’s existence in her life.

“ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHY?! WHY AM I SO STUPID?! WHAT THE HELL DID I DO?! WHY DID I PUT YONGSUN THROUGH SO MUCH ?!”

Moonbyul ended up self-blaming herself. She hates herself. She brought this mess into her life herself.

-

“You’re with Minhyuk?”

“Yeah, he’s with me.”

“Then? Yongsun-shi?”

“She’s on a business trip for a week with her father.”

“To avoid Moonbyul?”

“I think we all know her underlying reason for leaving.”

“I understand. I told Moonbyul everything.”

“How did she react?”

“She went ballistic and then bonkers. She’s in her room right now. She didn’t come home the last two nights. I took the car keys and your key card to the house. She’s not leaving this house anymore. I’m terrified for her.”

“I understand.”

“Wheein ah, how are you doing? How are you holding up now?”

“I’m fine. I’ll be okay. Don’t worry about me.”

“I can’t help it. My heart aches for you. How much pain are you withstanding right now?”

“Thank you for worrying about me. But I can assure you, I’m not that weak inside. After my parents’ deaths, I found myself unable to become weaker than I already am. I had to fight my instincts and live street-smart. I was on my own out of sudden but Yongsun’s father took me in.”

“Yongsun’s father? The billionaire?”

“Yes, apparently my late father was his best friend. When the accident happened, he was the one who came to my rescue. Appa put him as my guardian if something happens to him and Mom.”

“Oh, so Yongsun’s father saved you and brought you up?”

“Yeah, he did. Now you know why I’m always grateful towards the Kims? And why I’m always worrying about Yongsun unnie? I’m indebted to her father; her parents who raised me up just like their own child. But I implored them to keep me a secret from their daughters. I wanted to stay alone; be independent.”

Wheein took a pause and Hyejin waited patiently. She could hear Wheein gushing over Minhyuk and then she heard Minhyuk laughing.

“Sorry, Minhyuk was showing me his drawing.”

“Nah, it’s okay. Can you continue your story?”

“Oh, right. Well, they got me a place; put me through school but I have stayed on my own. Wait, they got me a Nanny and a chauffer though. My nanny and chauffer stayed with me and even acted like my parents. So, you see, I wasn’t alone while growing up. But I didn’t have recollections of my past. Maybe it was a lucky streak or a good thing because I managed to enter law school and graduated as a lawyer.”

“I’m pretty sure your parents are really proud of you.”

“I hope they do. And I’m grateful to my foster family know. Yongsun unnie found out. Her older sister too. They now are like my best friends.”

“That’s great to know. I’m just sorry I wasn’t there to hold your hand and stay by your side.”

“It’s okay, you have explained to me. From what I deduce, I guess our parents were just protective of us.”

“Yeah, maybe they do. But Wheein, I never stopped loving you. I couldn’t move on with anyone new because I still love you.”

“Hyejin ah..”

“It’s okay. I’m not going to be selfish. If our love is meant to be, then it will be. But please let me stay by your side from now onwards. Please don’t keep everything inside. And I have promised Minhyuk. I’ll stay with you even if you cannot accept me and be friends for the rest of our lives.”

Wheein was silent and Hyejin felt discouraged. If they cannot be friends, then Hyejin would find her life meaningless. She closed her eyes and prayed in her heart. Pray that Wheein would not slip away from her grip anymore. Suddenly Wheein spoke up softly.

“I would love to explore what we had before. But it’s such a mess now. If you don’t mind; if you still have a little bit of patience; do you mind waiting for me as this mess come undone slowly? I mean, I cannot leave Yongsun unnie alone now. I’m struggling too; with our past. And we will just take a slow walk down this unwinding road. Is that okay with you?”

“Please, please do. I’ll wait for you, Jung Wheein. It’s only fair that I do.”

“Thank you.”

-

Hyejin recalled her phone conversation with Wheein earlier on. Wheein tried to call her; to update her with what was going on. Her heart jumped with glee when she heard Wheein’s voice. She was grateful for Wheein’s effort and her beautiful heart.

She was always right about Wheein. That she’s soft and gentle; beautiful inside out and she’s an angel in disguise. She’s not only her angel; she’s an angel to Kim Yongsun and Kim Minhyuk. Hyejin somehow was thankful that Wheein stood by Yongsun’s side.

If not for Wheein, Moonbyul might have lost the woman she loves and her intelligent son to suicide. And she was extremely grateful that Wheein was not giving up on them.

Wheein wanted to explore their past. She wanted to find out more and she had asked for a little bit more time and patience.

Hyejin was going to give her all that. She would wait.

Because patience brings perseverance.

And Hyejin was confident that all four of them and Minhyuk will find happiness; just not now but in the future.

-