chap 2

Dream Walker

There was this annoying constant beeping that disturb Mir's dreamless sleep. Mir stirred awake and slowly opened his eyes. Wincing a bit at the bright light assaulting his eyes. He blinked a few times until his eyes adjusted to the light.

          "What happened…?" Mir asked weakly to no one in particular, surprised at how hoarse his voice sound as he stared up at the white ceiling, mind scattered all around.

          "Cheolyong! You're awake!"

          Mir flinched at the loud voice and later, GO's face enter his line of sight, the ceiling blurring behind him. And Mir blinked in confusion as the older man hovered over him and hugging him gently, even kissing his cheek before pulling away, making Mir even confused since he was sure it was always him who was the one loving a skinship, not GO.

          "What happened, hyung?" Mir repeated his question, trying to sit up but groaned at the dull ache all over his body.

          GO helped him up and let him leaned his back on the pillow against the headboard. "You don’t remember anything?"

          Mir frowned, his eyes moved away from GO as he racked his brain for his memories but he felt like his brain was tampered. "The last thing I remember… I was on the way to Jansung."

          "We're in the hospital." GO started.

          "Figured that much." Mir mumbled, watching the various beeping machine to show his vital signs and the IV drip with tube extending into the back of his hands.

          GO sat on the edge of the bed, taking Mir's hand into his with a sigh. "Seungho called you remember?" Mir shook his head slowly, he remembered nothing. "You cut off the call and never answer again. And your parents called from Jansung saying you were still not there and we were worried because you said you used different road to Jansung."

          "I did?"

          "Yea. You took a detour because the main road was closed due to landfill."

          "Why didn't I remember anything?"

          "Anyway, we found your car flipped on the side road and I guess you loss the control on the car and the car flipped over while you're thrown a few meters away. Your car is a total wreck. You really got us scared." GO sighed again, scooted closer and gathered Mir into another hug. "We thought we lost you."

          "Oh…" Mir made a small noise, replying the hug, still trying to remember but it was all black. Could the impact of the accident really took away his memories? "I'm sorry hyung." He regretfully apologized when he felt GO's body slightly trembled against him. He must have had his hyungs scared so much. He never wanted GO or Seungho to face the horror of losing someone close again. Especially not one of them. He knew GO might appear strong physically but he was fragile inside. Losing Joon and Thunder had already made GO more vulnerable.

          "Just don't do that again, maknae." GO pulled away with a smile and ruffled Mir's bleached hair.

          "Hey! You're awake!"

          Both Mir and GO turned towards the door, seeing Seungho entering with a plastic bag and a smile and Thunder was trotting behind the older man.

          Once Thunder stepped into the room however, GO stood up and left the room, ignoring Thunder's presence.

          "Oh, hi hyung." Mir gave a small wave.

          Thunder wiped away the sad frown and smiled at the maknae of MBLAQ. "How are you feeling?"

          "Well.. It kind of hurting all over right now." Mir complained.

          "Do I need to call the doctor over?" Seungho asked in concern.

          Mir shook his head vigorously, scared of the doctor. The two hyungs chuckled at his cuteness.

          "Aigoo, maknae." Seungho set the plastic bag on the table by the bedside, couldn't resist from pinching Mir's cheek.

          "How long was I out?" Mir asked, following Seungho's move with his eyes as the leader took out an apple and handed it to Sanghyun who started to peel the skin and cut it into pieces with full concentration.

          "Not that long. Just the whole night." Seungho said. "Doctor said, it's amazing how you just have superficial injuries despite how wrecked your car is." Seungho frowned in uneasiness at the memories. "They are just worried that maybe you got a brain injury since your ears were bleeding. But now that you're up and awake again, I guess we don't have to worry about it." He patted Mir's head with a relief smile.

          "I have a feeling you still have something more to say." Mir commented with a raised brow.

          "Urm… We'll left it until you're out of here." Seungho chuckled.

          "What is it? Don't leave me hanging here." Mir whined and stopped whining when Thunder handed him a plate of apple he had cut for Mir. Mir laughed. "Hyung! You cut off almost all the edible part." He stared at the little pieces of apple on the plate.

          "Hey, I tried my best!" Thunder protested.

          "Thank you, hyung." Mir took a bite and turned back to Seungho with inquiring look. "So… What is it?"

          "Okay, fine. Byunghee and I have discussed. We're not letting you drive on your own ever again unless one of us is with you. And before you say anything, yes, your mother support it."

          The look on Mir's face was priceless. Both his large eyes became larger and his mouth formed a perfect 'O'. "B-but hyung. I'm not a kid!"

          "Yes, and yet you still manage to get into trouble." Seungho tapped on Mir's button nose, smiling fondly on the childish maknae.

          "B-but." Mir turned to Thunder. "Hyung, help me out here."

          "Well, your car is a lost cause anyway. Just accept the deal. You got no transport anyway." Thunder shrugged. "Until you get a new car, that is to be said." He flashed a mischievous smile at the maknae who beamed back at his idea.

          "Hey." Seungho warned from the side.

          "You're right." Mir exclaimed, exchanging brofist with Thunder.

          Thunder stood up, fixing his cardigan. "Anyway, I should go now."

          "Already?" Mir pouted, extending both arms for a hug.

          "I'm just here to make sure you're fine." Thunder said, pulling away from the maknae and waving at both the maknae and the leader of MBLAQ, always feeling happy each time they met.

          He walked out of the hospital room and skidded to a halt as he saw GO standing outside, leaning on the wall just beside the door. Their eyes met and GO, with a poker face and without a hint of friendliness, walked past Thunder and entered the room, closing the door behind him.

          Thunder sighed. It had been years yet GO still didn't forgive him and Joon for leaving MBLAQ. He understood GO's point of view but if Seungho and Mir could gladly continue the friendship between them, why not GO? But then again, it wasn't pretty between all the three members of MBLAQ and Joon as well. Joon was… Well, Joon was not like him.

          Thunder was not as sensitive as Joon. When the MBLAQ trio were still mad at him, Sanghyun simply stayed quiet and waited patiently until their anger faded away. And it did. Seungho was the first to find him and apologized for being emotional and not too long after, Mir barged into his recording booth, crying while hugging him and apologizing for being such a jerk about him leaving MBLAQ. Which left only GO who was obviously very persistent with his opinion on him and Joon leaving.

          Back to Joon, well Joon was not really accepting at the anger the trio showed him and the conflict between Joon and the trio just became worsened and until now. The reason for the initial fight between them was no longer the important thing here. It was just the fight. The unresolved conflict. And none of them was backing off.

          Thunder turned around and walked away, typing a text to send to Joon to let the older know about Mir's condition, knowing despite their complicated relationship, the older still care and although he denied it, he knew Joon would be relieved to know Mir was just fine.

          How much longer would it take until it all came back to before?

 

Lol  always love a little good old angst ;P