chap 12

Dream Walker

"Oww. It's happening again." Mir groaned, reaching up and rubbing on his temple. He slowly flipped around to lie on his back, feeling his whole body ache. It hadn't been happening when he was still coped in that building by Nara and Eddy. "Oh god…" Mir groaned, feeling so dizzy he felt the bed he was lying on rocking and swaying ever so subtly.
    Wait a minute! The bed was rocking. Mir frowned, opening his eyes. His brows bunched up together as he sat up and looked around him, clueless. Where the hell is he at anyway?
    Mir stood up from the bed, looking around once again. Where is Sanghyuk? Weren't they supposed to be on the truck, heading towards one of the city in Jeju?
    "Urm… Hello?" Mir called out but there was no answer. He went out of the room and made an aimless walk, frowning deeply to himself. "Anyone here?"
    "Yes, little pup."
    A voice close to Mir's ear made Mir jumped, his back flattened on the wall as he stared in baffled at the presence that was towering over him. Where the hell that this guy came from? The guy approached closer and sniffed on Mir.
    "You don't really smell like them though. No wonder Wonbin got a hard time trying to figure out where are you."
    "D-Dugusaeyo?" Mir asked fearfully, shrinking further even after the tall guy pulled away and was now smirking at him. Mir blinked, appreciating the guy's look. He was tall and slender. His skin pale white, his eyes glossy and had a certain glint that could enchant people and his lips were blood red. "Who are you?" Mir asked again when the guy only stared at him just as he did towards the man.
    The guy remained silent, his eyes never left Mir's and Mir was somehow reminded of a movie scene.
    "Oh god." Mir facepalmed. "Do I have to say that corny lines?"
    "What?" The guy chuckled, amused at how fast Mir changed from being cute scared cornered puppy into this careless man who play along with everything.
    "You're fast since I didn't even notice you standing behind me. Despite skinny frame, you most probably really strong and by the way, you drink blood." Mir pointed to the corner of the man's red lips where a spot of red liquid could be seen. Mir scrunched his face in disgust when the man's tongue darted out to clean of the liquid. "You're a vampire. And I hope I didn't sound like Bella."
    "Huh?"
    "What? You don't watch twilight- Wait!" Mir stiffened, stepping sideways to distance himself from the ominous presence in a form of man in front of him. Mir just realized this. If this man really is a vampire, then, isn't he in quite a pinch right now?
    "We're here." The man spoke, ignoring Mir who was already putting up defense, looking like a wrestler in the ring. "And don't even try, little pup." The man suddenly went missing and when Mir blinked, he felt cold hand ruffling through his long hair.
    "Oh ! You teleported!" Mir shouted, ducking away from the cold hand and scrambled behind trying to run when the guy suddenly appeared in front of him, blocking his way. "AAAAAHHH!" Mir let out a girlish scream and tried to climb the wall but then stopped. Hell, he had no escape. "Don't come close! I..I.. Hah! I have this!" Mir showed his hand where his protection bracelet hugging around his wrist. It was a bracelet his grandmother took from the temple in their hometown for him. It was not like he had any cross or holy water with him, heck he was not even Christian! This would have to do.
    The man laughed. "Don't say you believe all those stupid myth about vampire?" The cold hand wrapped around Mir's wrist and pushed Mir's hand down. "And I don't teleported. I am just that fast." The man turned slightly, tilting his head. "Come, let's go. We're here."
    "Here where?"
    "From what your little alpha told me, you want to go back home. Which is in Seoul. So, we're here."
"What? Little apha who?"
    "Me!" Sanghyuk jumped out of nowhere and tackled Mir to the floor with Jongsuk watching in amusement. "I am an alpha. Can you believe it? Wow! Just wow! I know I'm more than just a loner wolf."
    "Huh? But you don't have a pack." Mir blinked, forgetting about something more important that Jongsuk had said.
    "I got at least one." Sanghyuk pulled away and stood up, pulling Mir with him and not releasing Mir's hand. "You." He shook Mir's hand in his hold with a wide grin.
    "Eh?"
    "If the little puppies meeting is over. Let's go out. It's already getting dark again. You slept for the whole day." Jongsuk interrupted. He tilted his head in a gesture for the two little werewolves to follow him. They walk to the stairs and went out from the room and emerged out into the bright sunshine.
    Mir's eyes widened. "Woah..." He breathed out, eyes looking around greedily at the luxury yacht. 
    "The car is here. Just tell me the address and I'll take you there."
    Mir looked at Jongsuk in confusion. "Huh?"
    "I'm taking you home."
    "Really?"
    "He's taking you home." Sanghyuk repeated Jongsuk's words.
    "R-really?" Mir stuttered, a smile slowly tugged on the corner of his lips. "Thank you." He uttered sincerely, tilting his head to the side.
    "Aww..." Jongsuk chuckled. "Puppies are so cute. I don't even know why these vampies hate you guys so much." His cold hand ruffling Mir's hair and his sideway smirk just made him look cooler. "Let's go."

**************

They have checked with the Gimpo airport but it was not easy to find a person in a crowd of people coming in and out of country. In the end, they gave up and now was on the way back to Seoul.
    "Let's stop at that cafe. I need to use the toilet." GO voiced out, grateful at such time in the night there was cafe that still opened. 
    Joon who was the one driving, parked right in front of the cafe. GO jumped out almost immediately and rushed into the cafe. Meanwhile, Joon was looking around from his driver seat. The road they were at now gave him some sort of bad feeling. All the other shop were closed at this time of night and only this cafe was still opened and it made it looks almost abandoned. Dark and dull and eerily quiet.
    "Let's grab something to eat as well." Seungho suggested, stepping out of the car with Thunder following after.
    Joon stumbled out after, tripping on his feet slightly but was caught by Seungho just in time.
    "Are you okay? I didn't think you would be this tired." Seungho asked in concern, helping Joon to straightened up.
    "We did drive for a long way." Thunder chipped in, holding the door to the cafe for his hyungs. "I feel tired too."
    "Yea.. Me too." Seungho admitted though he was more tired emotionally than physically. He didn't want to admit but it was more hopeless more than ever now. There was no way they could find Mir. Not with such scarce information and resources.
    They dragged their feet to the closest table to the door and sat, or more like plopped down heavily on the seat. All of them were so quiet, so unlike them but they really had no more energy to talk.
    "Byunghee hyung is late." Thunder mumbled, looking down at his wirstwatch, frowning that his wristwatch already stopped working, moving only a second when he tapped on the screen but was dead again right after. "My watch is broken." He complained with a faint pout.
    Seungho moved slightly before giving a watch to Thunder. "Use this."
    "Is it yours?" Thunder asked with raised brow, taking the watch and fastened it over his wrist after taking off his own watch to be kept in his pocket.
    Seungho shook his head with a small smile. "It was Mir's."
    "Why is it with you?" Joon asked suddenly after being a quiet listener.
    "I don't know. I just take it with me without thinking. Byunghee is the same too. The cap he wear the whole day is Mir's." Seungho shrugged, leaning back on the seat.
    "Oh..." Joon made a small noise, nodding a bit. He knew why. Bringing Mir's possession with them made them felt like the maknae was close to them. It made Joon smiled at such gesture.
    "Hurm... But no one is attending us yet." Thunder voiced out after another minute of shared silence.
    "Now that you mention..." Joon looked around as well, frowning when he saw no one was around, not a single worker. "Maybe they are in the back room. I mean, it is already late so they might not be expecting more customers."
    "And they simply left their spot and left the cafe opened?" Seungho questioned. "That's is weird."
    "And where the hell is Byunghee hyung?" Thunder added.
    "I'll go check on him." Seungho stood up and headed towards the toilet but made a stop by the counter, seeing no call bell for him to use. Shrugging, he continued his way towards the toilet.
    When Joon and Thunder left behind, Joon turned to Thunder. "I don't feel good about this." He whispered.
    "Sorry, hyung. I didn't hear." Thunder grinned sheepishly, leaning closer to Joon to hear better.
    Joon cleared his throat. "I said I don't-" He stopped himself when the cafe door opened and stepped in three tall men.
    All three men were dressed in black and their pale white almost ashen skin stood out against their dark attire. But what stood out most were their eyes.
    They were red...