chap 8

Dream Walker

Seungho felt relieved to finally be back to his own home country. It didn't matter that he just stayed in Japan for two weeks, it still made him so freaking much homesick he couldn't wait to just get back to his own house and hug his parents and teased his dongsaeng.

          Speaking of dongsaeng, he wondered how Mir was fairing on his own. It had been a very busy couple of week for Seungho and although he was dead worried having to leave Mir behind, he couldn't find time to contact Mir or even his manager, Junsu whom he have entrusted Mir with and ask about Mir.

          Since it was closer to Mir's house from the airport, maybe he should head there first, and then he would go back to see his family. And maybe he should make a surprise. He even bought Mir a video game he knew Mir had been loving these days.

          Just thinking about how Mir would react made Seungho smile like a silly man. For sure he would at least be squeezed by Mir's bone-crushing hug and he would tease Mir by saying he changed his ming and won't give the game to Mir which Mir would cling to him, whining like cute little maknae he is. So he dragged his luggage with him and went for taxi for his ride to Mir's house. Once he was there though, it surprised him to find it empty.

          "Weird… Did Mir start working again?" Seungho wondered to himself, pulling out his phone and called on Mir but there was no answer. He called Junsu next and was worried when it went straight to voice mail.

          Seungho pulled his luggage inside Mir's room and flopped down onto Mir's bed, frowning even more when he noticed trace of dust as if the house had been abandoned as long as he had went for Japan, for a couple of week. This was weird…

          Maybe he should ask GO but if the schedule had not been altered yet, GO should now be MC-ing in a singing competition down in Busan. Well, then, he'll just text him then.

          While typing the text however, a call came in and it was from the director of the entertainment company he was working with now.

          "Yes?"

          "Seungho!" The director's voice sound relieved it intrigued Seungho. "Are you back in Korea?"

          "Yea. I just got back. What is it?"

          "Oh I'm just worried. I have been trying to reach you when you were in Japan but you didn't answer."

          "I'm sorry. I must have been really distracted with work there."

          "It's okay. As long as you are safe."

          "Huh? What is this all about?"

          "Urm… I'm not sure how to tell you this. But… Junsu, your manager was found dead yesterday. It seemed that from the police investigation done, his corpse was more than a week old-"

          "W-Wait. W-what?" The director went silent for a while, knowing Seungho didn't really need to hear the same answer but the idol just need a few moments to digest such a shocking news. "How? Where?"

          "It is still in investigation. He was found dead behind the _____ apartment building, where, well as you know, it's the apartment building Mir lives in. You might have missed some of things happened here since you are out in Japan working but it is not only Junsu. There had been a few other people found dead around the same area since a few weeks ago. There is only one survivor and he lives directly above Mir-shi's apartment but he is still in ICU and last I heard it wasn't good. Thing is… It started around, maybe around that time when Mir-shi got into accident. And before you ask, I don't know about Mir-shi. GO-shi told the police Mir-shi went for a vacation and it seems they still couldn't contact Mir-shi and him going missing like that is suspicious and police suspect GO-shi was only making up stories to get attention off of Mir-shi. Seungho… Mir-shi is one of the current suspect for the murder of Junsu and maybe the few other victims. I-"

          Seungho grabbed his own hair, unable to understand the situation being thrown right into this face. "I-I'll call you later." Seungho cut off the phone call and stayed quiet for a while waiting for the frantic moving gear wheels inside his head to finally slow down.

          He needed to find GO.

 

*************

 

Mir looked into the mirror, curling the end of his now long jet black locks around his slender finger, a hair coloring he asked from Nara just a few days ago out of boredom. It made him looked younger and he like it. He like to be more natural with black hair.

          He sighed and backed off from the mirror, walking unsteadily out of the bathroom attached to this room and back towards his own bed. His eyes wandered to the small table placed at the side of the bed. On the table was some snacks, beverages, a few magazines and mangas for Mir to read if he was bored again but being bored is the least thing for him to be worried about.

          Mir didn't even know what day it is and how long he has been coped inside this room. He had concluded that he might be abducted for all he know but none of these capturers of him had hurt him in any way. In fact, they were rather nice to him. Especially one called Nara. She seemed to be exactly whom she said she were, a doctor because every time she appeared in this room was to check up on Mir's condition, counsel on Mir and prescribed some medication for the maknae of MBLAQ. But she had been rather in a rush each time she came for Mir and until now, nothing had been explained and made clear on Mir.

          Why he was here? Where he was? What do these people want with him? So many questions yet no one to answer, even Nara who seemed to take interest in avoiding Mir despite saying she would explain later.

          "When is the later?" Mir exhaled harshly and went towards the door, vainly fumbled with the doorknob, already knowing the door was locked. There was no window in this room, not even in the bathroom and he was totally trapped inside.

          Click!

          Mir jumped back when the door opened from outside and Eddy poke his head inside, raising one brow at Mir. "What?" He asked dryly.

          Mir blinked. "What… What?" He asked back, confusion written all over his delicate features.

          "You jingled with the knob. What do you want?"

          Mir frowned, his lips curled down in distaste. "Did you wait in front of the door the whole time?"

          "Don't look at me like that. I'm not peeping you taking a shower or anything. I'm just doing my job, guarding the door."

          Mir stared at Eddy before sighing in defeat and hung his head down, trying to walked back to his bed when he felt his hand being caught by Eddy.

          "Are you bored?"

          Mir blinked. "Well, I'm being locked up in a room for god knows how long." Mir tugged his hand away from Eddy's hold. "Boredom is the least of my worries."

          Eddy chuckled at the look Mir shot him. "Trust me, we don’t mean you any harm. We came in peace." Eddy made a victory sign with his toothy grin, doing a fail imitation of an alien. "Well, I can't help you with you other worries but…" Eddy took a peek outside before pushing open the door a bit wider. "Come with me. We can take a walk for a bit."

          "What? You letting me out?" Mir questioned, running slightly to catch up with Eddy who had walked away.

          "Just out of the room. I bet you felt suffocated staying in the same room for a week."

          "A week?" Mir squeaked. "That long?"

          Eddy nodded although he was basically lying, it was definitely at least a couple of weeks since Mir stayed here but telling Mir this would only bother the MBLAQ maknae even more. They walked in silence as Mir studied the hallway they were passing by. The hallway was painted in pure milk white. There were only a few doors attached to the left and right walls, similar looking doors to the door of the room that was holding Mir in. Still, no window. Hell, it almost seemed as if there are no end to the hallway as they rounded the corner after corner.

          "Aren't this place fancy." Mir jibed with a pout.

          Eddy chuckled, nodding mentally knowing very well how bare and boring this place is except for one room just two floor above where it held all sort of experiment tube and specimen. And also the largest room on the highest level of the building occupied by their boss, a room no one really dare to enter.

          "The outside is better." Eddy mentioned, looking back at Mir and noticed where those large brown pair of eyes were directed at, causing Eddy to laugh out loud. "Cute." He teased and pinch on Mir's cheek. "But you won't be able to even touch this gun before I shot you in the head. So, don't even try." He smirked when Mir flinched and drifted his eyes away from the gun fastened in the holster around Eddy's waist and randomly wandered around the empty hall.

          "Are you going to take me outside or we will just walk aimlessly here?" Mir asked, walking faster than Eddy who seemed to be taking a stroll leisurely.

          "Outside is definitely a no." Eddy answered simply, smiling as he watched Mir stomped his foot and marched away, disappearing through the corner. But his smile fell when he heard the unmistaken squeal from Mir and ran towards the younger man, surprised to see Mir was already on the floor with a big dog hovering over the MBLAQ maknae, his cheek.

          Mir laughed at the huge dog, unable to sit up when the huge dog basically tackled him to the floor and was lying onto him. "Hey, what a handsome buddy you are." Mir laughed when the dog made a small sound, and breathe loudly and finally pulled away, sitting facing Mir like a good dog and wagging his tail. "Omo. You're wearing pants. So cute." Mir aww-ed noticing the dog wearing a pair of green shorts with red small flowers splattered around the fabric. "Now hand." The dog obeyed and put his paw on Mir's opened palm. "Good boy." Mir crawled closer to the dog and pet the dog's gray fur. "What is his name?" Mir asked, looking back at Eddy.

          Eddy smirked and looked at the dog. "Why don't you answer him yourself?"

          "Huh?" Mir tilted his head turning to the dog when the dog crouched down, a long low howling sound came from the dog followed by snapping of bones and the dog was slowly morphing into something else which scared Mir. Mir fall back on his and crawled away until his back hit Eddy's legs, his already large eyes opened wider as he watched the dog finally turned into a boy who seemed younger than Mir.

          "Hi, I'm Sanghyuk!" The boy greeted, with playful smile.

          Mir inhaled deeply, breath stuck in his throat. Did a dog just became a boy?

          "He's going to scream." Eddy said just before Mir really did scream his lungs out and climbed up on to Eddy's legs, hiding behind the older man. "Told you." Eddy ignored the screaming Mir whom already hanging off his back, still screaming, slightly grimacing at Mir's loud voice, he warned, "Yah! Shut up already."

          "What is that thing?" Mir managed after he was out of breath from his long screaming session.

          "Hey, that kind of hurt…" Sanghyuk pouted. "You just said I'm handsome. Now, you called me 'that thing'?"

          "Y-you. What are you? Y-you're a boy b-but you were a d-dog!" Mir pointed a rude finger to Sanghyuk as his legs tightened around Eddy's waist.

          "Hey, get off of me then speak. You're heavy." Eddy complained, trying to shrug Mir off.

          "B-but…" Mir stuttered, slowly easing himself back onto the floor but not coming out from his hiding place behind Eddy.

          "I'm Sanghyuk." Again, the boy repeated.

          "What are you?"

          "Sanghyuk."

          Mir blinked. "That doesn't answer my question." He squeaked, annoyed.

          Sanghyuk laughed and turned to Eddy. "He's cute."

          "He's still older than you."

          "You can't be kidding me! This shortie?"

          "Hey! I'm 178cm! I'm barely a shortie!"

          Sanghyuk approached Mir whom shrank back, running away from Sanghyuk whom persistently after the older boy resulting in them circling around Eddy a few times until Eddy got bored and hold Mir in place. Sanghyuk stood towering over Mir and put a hand onto the top of Mir's head, purposely pushing Mir down with a little force.

          "You're such a liar. You're so not 178cm! You look 175cm at most to me." Sanghyuk measured.

          Mir gaped. "Heck no! I must look short because…. Because… Urm… Hah! Because I'm tired!" He defended, causing another bout of laughter this time from both Sanghyuk and Eddy.

          "So you shrunk when you're tired? Still, definitely shorter than me though." Sanghyuk smiled teasingly.

          Mir growled lowly, but stopped short, surprised at the sound he produced on his own. When did he start growling at people?

          Sanghyuk carved a lopsided smile on his face and howl after taking a few steps back from Mir.

          Mir almost immediately perked up at that sound, and like he was being put under spell, he took a few steps forward, erasing the distance Sanghyuk made just a second before. He knew that sound. It was the exact sound he heard when he pushed GO away. The sound that was calling for him.

          Sanghyuk patted Mir's head. "He's definitely one of us."

          "Eh? Eh? EHHHH?"

          "By the way, just now, I was not a dog, I'm a wolf." With that, Sanghyuk howl another long one, low and mischievous as if to play with Mir.

          "EHHHHH?"

 

Randomly adding Sanghyuk from VIXX

I'm watching 1 litre of tears special and have been crying a bucket

this drama and movie are so good I just can't