chap 18

Dream Walker

Joon was the one who had heard that sound of loud thumping from the next room. He thought it was just Mir falling off bed or just the thunder from the morning rain but it continued and dare he said that the sound became violent followed by sound of something sharp things digging and scratching along the wall and probably the door. He frowned and tucked the blanket neatly around the still sleeping GO before walking out of the room only to meet with Thunder and a stranger walking beside him. 
    He was about to ask about the stranger when he heard sound of glass breaking and all three of their attention fall on the door to the room that Mir was sleeping in. Joon quickly went to the door, frowning even more when he realized it was locked from outside.
    Who did this?
    Joon fumbled with the lock, slightly relieved that the key was left on the lock and once he opened the door, he was greeted by messy sight of the room. But the first thing that caught his eyes was the broken window and missing Mir. Joon rushed into the room and straight to the window, striding across the floor with down feather from torn pillow were scattered all over. He took a look out of the window and down.
    His heart stop.
    "CHEOLYONG-AH!" He shouted and left the window but Sanghyuk was faster as he was already disappeared. He heard Thunder shouting Mir's name as well and as he run down the stairs.
    He was almost at the front door where Jongsuk and Seungho were at when he saw Sanghyuk carrying Mir inside and putting the injured maknae gently on the couch. Jongsuk disappeared in a flash and Seungho went to Mir's side, holding the maknae's hand, calling softly for the maknae to open his eyes.
    Sanghyuk cursed as his eyes observing the cut all over Mir's body even on Mir's cheek, realizing they were not healing as fast as werewolf should. He turned and went missing as well by the time Jongsuk suddenly appeared by the couch with lots of towel in his hands. He gave a few to Seungho and told Seungho to pressed down around the largest wound which was on Mir's waist.
    "B-But there is g-glass there." Seungho stuttered, looking composed but his eyes gave away his nervousness.
    "I'll pull it out." Jongsuk kneeled down and pulled the glass out in one movement, dumping it on the coffee table behind him. "Press this." He told Seungho as he checked on Mir's body for any other serious wound but it seemed only the wound in the waist was the deepest and bleeding the most. Jongsuk had also realized the same thing as Sanghyuk as he frowned deeply. "This is strange..." His whisper didn't went unnoticed by Seungho.
    Seungho open his mouth and was about to question Jongsuk when Sanghyuk appeared again with a small bottle in his hand gaining the other's curiosity. "It's liquid seal. Nara just create it this year. It is to help conceal the wound. Hopefully this will stop his bleeding." He explained, ordering Seungho to removed his hand and revealing the wound, where it was still profusely bleeding.
    The deep wound made Joon who was watching from the side to almost gag and he stumbled behind and into Thunder. He turned to see the younger standing static like his soul had been out while staring wide eyes at the four around the couch. Joon put his palm over Thunder's eyes, pulling the younger away from the couch where Mir was lying, injured and towards the kitchen. He sat the younger there.
    With trembling hands, Joon poured a glass of water and pressed the glass into Thunder's hand. "Drink this." he guided the glass to Thunder's lips and the younger slowly take a sip on the water before putting the glass on the table. "Are you okay?"
    Thunder shook his head once, his eyes were always on the floor and his lips trembled.
    "Sanghyun. Look at me." Joon cupped Thunder's cheeks and forced him to meet his eyes. "It's okay. It will be okay." He whispered.
    "H-hyung." Thunder finally spoke.
    "Hmm?"
    "Wha-" Thunder's voice broke and he cleared his throat, taking a deep breath. "What happened last night was not a dream?"
    Joon blinked. Sure what happened last night was almost impossible. Guys with red eyes... Inhumanly strong... But he never pass it off as a dream. The proof is the bandage on his temple. It might be just Tunder's coping mechanism to turn such traumatic event as simply a nightmare.
    Touching the bandage, Joon answered, "No, it's real."
    Thunder suddenly now was breathing fast, his eyes widened so much even Joon was scared for the younger man. 
    "Hey. Hey. Hey. Breath slowly. Slowly." Joon went back to cup on Thunder's cheeks. "Relax. It's okay. Breath slowly and deeply. It's okay."
    Thunder nodded and did as Joon said, avoiding a panic attack as Joon patiently waiting for Thunder to calm down and break the silence. "Hyung. What are they? T-they just disappeared and appeared like ghost. And those people that attack us. They are so strong. There is no way normal men to be that strong. T-They... T-They aren't human aren't they?" The last question came out barely in whispered as Thunder grabbed onto both Joon's arms.
    Joon pulled away slightly but Thunder's grip on him didn't let him went too far. "I.. I don't know Sanghyun-ah. But... But, did you see the other guy? His eyes are red just like the people who attacked us."
    "R-red eyes. What is he? And that boy Sanghyuk, he's not normal as well. He disappeared just like the one with red eyes. And they just..."
    "I know. I know." Joon sighed and pull one chair to sit beside Thunder. "But we need to just think about Cheolyong. He is injured and Byunghee hyung was up there. I think he is unconscious."
    "We have to get out of here, hyung. And bring them three with us."
    "Sanghyun. They didn't hurt us. They might be different but did you see how those two take care of Cheolyong especially the young boy? I can almost swear he took care Cheolyong almost as good as Seungho hyung or Byunghee hyung did. And they saved us. I'm sure it's okay to be here."
    "We don't even know what they are! What if suddenly they turn violent and attack us like those men. They even have the same red eyes."
    "Well, they haven't okay." Joon reasoned. "And I can see Seungho hyung seemed okay with them."
    "But-"
    "Are you two done?"
    Both Joon and Thunder turned and saw Sanghyuk standing at the kitchen door.
    "If you're done, we already treated Cheolyong. He's in his room, resting. If you want to go and take a look..." Sanghyuk tilted his head slightly to show him the way. "Then go."
    "Okay." Joon answered as he knew Thunder won't. The younger even hiding behind his bag, shivering slightly. "Let's go, Sanghyun." Joon took one of Sanghyun's hand and pulled the younger with him, maneuvering their way around Sanghyuk. They paused however when Sanghyuk spoke.
    "But keep in mind, I won't tolerate anyone taking any of them away against their will." Sanghyuk reminded, his voice monotone as his usually friendly eyes looked cold.
    "They are our friends!" Thunder, surprisingly, shot back. "Are you suggesting me bringing him by force? No, they know I care and they probably want to go home too. Who are you to stop that?"
    "Sanghyun. Stop." Joon tugged on Thunder's hand.
    "They are under my care now. Their home, ani, for the least, Cheolyong's home is no longer where you guys are." Sanghyuk hissed back.
    Thunder shook his head. "You are sick! They will want to follow me anyway. They'll choose me and Changsun hyung."
    Sanghyuk smirked. "I'd like to see you try." He said and disappeared, leaving only the gust of wind behind.
    "What did he mean?"
    Joon sighed. "I don't know Sanghyun. Let's just go to Cheolyong. If we're lucky, Seungho hyung would explain everything to us.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

The line on the screen, green and yellow and red were flat and the machine was beeping before letting out a constant long sound of beep. With a sigh, Nara pushed on the power button and the machine slept, the sound ceased. 
    She looked down on the now dead young man on the bed and shook her head in despair. She pulled the blanket until it cover the young man's whole body and even his head before she chose to walked out of the room and down the hallway to her lab where some of her co-worker was busy dealing with some strange liquid and specimen. She watched the busy yet quiet environment inside her workplace before deciding she might need some air before continuing with his job so she let her feet brought her outside of the building feeling the ocean breath greeting her skin and senses.
    She stretched a bit and sat on the bench facing the cliff and the ocean down and far ahead. She didn't know how long she sat there when she felt warmth pressed on her cold cheek. She looked up to see Eddy smiling down at her and handing her a cup of still steaming black coffee.
    "Thanks." Nara mumbled taking a sip on the heavenly bitter yet sweet in its own way liquid.
    "What were you thinking about?" Eddy sat on the bench by Nara's side, leaning back and relaxing.
    "It's none of your business."
    "Well, I'm just being caring."
    Nara rolled her eyes. "Go show all of your 'caring-ness' to Sojin instead."
    "Why are you mentioning her?" Eddy groaned.
    "Come on, Eddy. She's your wife. Show some love. She called me, asking about you not coming home last night. Again. Why are you doing this to her?"
    Eddy put a nonchalant face. "It's not like we got married out of love."
    Nara frowned in distaste. She loved Eddy as a friend but when she thought about Sojin, she just sometimes felt deeply annoyed with Eddy. Such a sweet girl like Sojin deserved better.
    "Don't look at me like that."
    Nara turned his eyes away, shaking his head. "Sojin deserves so much better." She ended up speaking her thought but for obvious reason, she didn't regret it.
    "We're not her to discuss about my married life, aren't we?" Eddy sighed. "Something obviously agitated you more than usual. What are you thinking about to be troubled this much?"
    Nara let out a heavy sigh and her shoulders slumped. "About Cheolyong."
    Eddy cocked one brow and looked at Nara curiously until a teasing smirk crept on his lips. "Ohoo... What is this... Just a week without him and you're already missing him?"
    Nara's cheeks turned dusty pink but she quickly defended herself. "That's not it!"
    Or maybe she was a little bit too defensive.
    She took a deep breath and start again. "Our boss had been keeping track on Cheolyong's progression. For this couple of weeks Cheolyong stayed here, I have tried to figure him out but now that he isn't here, I ask for boss's permission to create another Cheolyong."
    "Meaning?" Eddy inquired.
    "Another incomplete werewolf." Nara whispered and there was some sort of sadness in her eyes. "I didn't surpress his awakening and let him be. When he transformed, I let him do what he want by assigning two of our men to keep an eye on him and each night he transformed, he went on a hunt for vampire." Nara sighed. "It is almost as if what I created is a human by the day and a vampire annihilator by the night. He could sense vampire even from a great distance and won't hesitate going that far to get rid of the bloodsucker as if he was programmed to do that. He had no control."
    "Is he dangerous?"
    Nara shook her head. "For human and others... No. But he is a nightmare for bloodsuckers."
    Eddy smirked. "Then it's good. Like we have a perfect vampire killing machine."
    "He's dead."
    "Huh?"
    "That man is dead this morning. Just this morning, around the dusk, the werewolves that in charge of observing him came back injured with him on one of their back, also injured. But you see. I was not worried at first. After all, werewolves could heal fast unless the blow hit their fatal area. But the problem is... He's not. He's not healing."
    "Why?"
    "It's... Although he could be considered werewolves, his physical leaning more towards human side. I noticed the damage he took from the fight and the fact that his humanly body can't hold up too long with using such power that belong to a werewolf. His body deteriorated and he was always hurting in the day yet he never stop when it's night until... Until he died."
    Eddy swallowed. "Doesn't that mean..." He trailed off.
    Nara looked into Eddy's eyes. "Cheolyong is going to have the same fate if we didn't do anything."