chap 9

Dream Walker

"Why aren't you telling me anything? What are you waiting for? Until Cheolyong is put behind bars?" Seungho exploded once GO fall silence after finishing explaining the whole situation to Seungho, starting from Mir getting sick, running away, being kidnapped and GO's halted intention in making police report due to the police approaching him first to acquire information about Mir, informing him that Mir was one of the suspect for the killing series and one killing attempt that had been ongoing around Mir's living area.

          "You're out working." GO sighed, leaning back into the couch he was sitting on tiredly.

          "You think I care about my work more than my family? Seriously? Is that what you think about me? I'm disappointed." Seungho shook his head, unable to accept all of these easily. Then again, he had just left for a week and in that short time, Mir went missing, most likely abducted and at the same time the maknae was the prime suspect of murder crime. Their sweet innocent little maknae. There is just no way Mir would do such horrible deed. Mir wouldn't even crush a bug.

          "I don't think, okay!" GO shot, his eyes were red, even his fair skin slightly flushed. "I can't even think!"

          Seungho stared at GO for a good five seconds realizing he shouldn't have attacked the main vocalist. It was so obvious how distressed GO was with the whole situation. And it wasn't even GO's fault.

          Seungho sat gingerly beside GO and softly putting his hand over GO's hand resting on his laps. "I shouldn't have yelled." He admitted, tension leaving his voice. He continued when he felt GO turning his hands and replied Seungho's hold. "But it's just. I just… I guess it just hard to understand this whole situation. It just doesn't sound real."

          "What should we do, Seungho?" GO whispered, a slow silent tear fall down along his cheek. "I'm worried to death."

          "You should have been honest with the police."

          GO snapped his head towards Seungho. "And say what? When all the murder happened, Cheolyong didn't have any alibi! They will drive Cheolyong into corner, forcing Cheolyong to look like the murderer."

          "But he isn't!"

          "Whether he is or not, the police only need someone to blame. By the look of it, they are trying to put the blame on our maknae! I won't allow it."

          "Byunghee, we need- Wait. What did you just say?"

          "What?"

          "You don't believe in Cheolyong?"

          "What?" GO repeated.

          "You said whether he is or not. You don't believe Cheolyong is not the murderer." Seungho tugged his hand away from GO, feeling no resistance coming from the other. GO avoiding his eyes just confirmed his suspicion. "What the hell, Byunghee? Cheolyong wouldn't do that! We of all people know him! He would never be able to do that!"

          GO sighed. "Police found Cheolyong's DNA at the last crime scene. The one of the murder attempt. They found strand of hair that match Cheolyong's DNA. And that guy who is still in the ICU but once he is able to talk, the police was so sure all evidence will point to Cheolyong." He inhaled. "Even the paramedic whom had been responsible bringing that guy to the emergency claimed that the victim had reacted when they cross path with Cheolyong."

          "He might got the wrong person. Who is that guy exactly? Does Cheolyong know him? Does Cheolyong has any reason to hurt him? Someone could just made up evidence to frame Cheolyong. Haven't you thought of that?"

          "I thought for a long time, Seungho. But Cheolyong had been acting strange since that accident and the murder has started around that time. And now that Cheolyong went missing, the murder has suddenly stopped. Isn't that too much of a coincidence? And that guy, he lived just above Cheolyong's apartment. The possibility of them knowing each other is quite high, Seungho."

          "BYUNGHEE!" Seungho yelled, shocking GO. Seungho's fist clenched by his side as his jaw tightened. "Close your eyes." He ordered out of blue but GO obeyed after a few seconds. "Close your eyes and think of Cheolyong. Do you really think he could do such thing? Cheolyong? Our maknae?"

          "You know what? I think a lot of things shouldn't have happened but it did!" GO stood up. "We can never know someone thoroughly. Not Cheolyong. Not you. Not me. Not… Them… You can never be sure."

          Seungho narrowed his eyes. "What is this? This isn't about Cheolyong, is it?" GO's silence called another sigh from Seungho's lips. "Is this about Changsun and Sanghyun?" Still silence. "What call this?" Seungho stood up, suddenly irritated that GO won't face him properly as he yanked onto GO's arm, forcing GO to turn towards him. "What is it?"

          GO slowly raised his eyes, he started with a low weak voice. "They were here before. When Cheolyong got taken. They insist they wanted to help. They insist they will help in bringing Cheolyong back but once the police told them all the bull about Cheolyong might be a murderer, they walked away. Just like before, they walked away."

          Seungho could see the old scar inside GO bleed again. The poor lad was confused and hurt and most of all scared and alone. It was like living the hell again. Living the time when Joon and Thunder left them flailing, almost drowning.

          "Listen, Byunghee." Seungho hold onto GO's shoulder, sincerity shone through his eyes. "Cheolyong is different. Forget about those two. Now all you need to think is Cheolyong and yourself. Not those two."

          "But-"

          "He was there." Seungho's fingers slightly digging into GO's shoulder. "He was there for us when we thought we have no one. He proved he think of us more than himself. He proved he love us. And now, it's time to prove we love him."

          "But we don't even know where he is."

          And it was obviously a lost cause… But one thing Seungho held firmly in his heart. He never want to lost anyone again. Not GO. Not Mir. "There must be something. Anything."

          "I don't-"

          "Think Byunghee. Please, think. Anything."

          "It's…" GO stopped himself. He looked hesitant but he finally blurted out, albeit with a low doubtful voice. "Changsun saw what happened when Cheolyong was taken away."

          "Then, that is our start. Let's go."

 

*********************

 

"What do you mean?" Mir fiddled with his fingers nervously. He couldn't understand their words. It wasn't like they were talking in foreign language but he found it hard for his brain to process their words. "Werewolf is only in… Fiction."

          Nara threw the maknae of MBLAQ a sympathetic look but when she turned towards Eddy, she narrowed her eyes in hostility.

          Eddy backed up, raising both his hands in defense. "Hey, it's Sanghyuk who told him."

          Sanghyuk who was stuffing his face with snacks, dump the food and went towards Mir, wrapping his arms around Mir from behind. "He is really calm though considering he just got told that werewolves and vampires do exist." Sanghyuk grinned.

          "He did scream actually." Eddy tattled.

          "Can you go and wear some clothes first." Nara scolded and nudged Sanghyuk out of Mir's personal space.

          "I am wearing one." Sanghyuk whined, pulling at the waistband of his flowery boxers.

          "Aren't you cold?" Eddy rolled his eyes and dragged Sanghyuk away by ear, ignoring the whining younger man who kept saying "Wolf won't feel cold!" and left the room, leaving Mir and Nara alone.

          Nara studied Mir who was obviously in deep thought, waiting until the man finally meet her eyes.

          "C-can you explain again?" Mir requested timidly.

          Nara cleared . "This is a secret organization breeding werewolves. Werewolves are in the brink of extinction except for one breed because of the huge war between werewolves and vampire. As the result, vampire had been causing more and more harm to human. Werewolves are just like dogs. Their relationship with human could be say, close. You know how people saying dog is human best friend. Similar thing could be applied to werewolves. Without werewolves, human are at the mercy of vampire. So this organization trying to revive a good number of werewolves to restore the balance." She paused, leaning forward and gently curling her slender fingers around Mir's trembling hands. "That night of your accident, you were bitten by one of the escaped specimen. It was a failed specimen. His poison had been too strong, it lost the mentality and reasoning of human and basically turn into a wild wolf. And when it bit you, its poison seeped into your flesh and infected you. You… You're one of the werewolves now."

          Mir remained silent and his whole body turned stone static, staring at Nara without blinking. He saw the shadows, blurry shadows in the back of his mind. A few pieces of forgone memories of the night of the accident. The horror he went through at that dark night, alone and lost. Mir shivered, hugging himself.

          "Cheolyong-shi. That night, we have thought about the possibility of you becoming one of us. So we put a monitoring device inside your inner ear but the device has caused some reaction hence why you were sick. We took you to remove the device and make sure you're fine again." Nara waited for a while before turning towards the table just by Mir's bed and took out a thick book. "Maybe this will help?" She grinned sheepishly.

          "Really? Twilight?" Mir spoke dryly, finally stepping out of his confusion and took the cheesy love novel of vampires and human and werewolves. "So, I suppose I'm in team Jacob?"

          Nara yanked the book back from Mir's hand with a smile seeing how Mir stopped trembling and was looking annoyed instead of scared. "I was just joking. Thing is, the feud between us werewolves and vampires are much more serious than this." She pointed at the book and tossed it away carelessly. "We have to protect human, make sure the balance is restored and-"

          "Are vampires all heartless?" Mir asked suddenly. "I used to think vampires are beautiful creatures, mysterious and dark and might have evil side but also since they used to be human… Aren't they quite alike with living human?"

          "Urm… Most of them, no. Well, actually, I never saw any vampires with sanity and good reasoning. They are just blood thirsty creatures. Especially rogues."

          "Rogues?"

          "Rogues is when a human is turned into vampires without their will. They would lost their human heart and all they ever do and want to is to kill for blood. And lately, the number of rogues have been increasing. It's like the vampires is preparing for a war with us. Preparing an army against us."

          Mir shrunk back. "Stop saying that."

          "Saying what?"

          "Us."

          "Well, Cheolyong, believe it or not, you're one of us now. You reacted to Sanghyuk's call didn't you?"

          "No I didn't."

          Nara sighed. "Sanghyuk!"

          Sanghyuk burst into the room already fully clothed with a hawaiian flowery shirt and ocean blue shorts, Eddy trotting just behind with a bored expression on his face. "I'm here." Sanghyuk raised one hand excitedly. He turned towards Mir and growled lowly.

          Mir didn't flinch and was not second late as he bare his teeth and growled back to Sanghyuk.

          "See, he understand." Sanghyuk stopped growling abruptly and pointed towards Mir.

          "B-but I-"

          "Just accept it, Cheolyong. You're one of us."

          Mir exhaled an exasperated sigh, leaning back and crossed his arms stubbornly. He was so not a werewolves! He had never turned into one and he had no idea how. "Then, are you two werewolves too?"

          Nara looked back at Sanghyuk and Eddy who just shrugged. "No. Eddy and me just work here."

          Mir glared at Nara. "Are you the one responsible in turning people into werewolves? That is a crime! I mean it's not exactly said in any law about werewolves but such experiment is illegal!"

          "It is not a crime if it is with consent." Eddy shot back, defending Nara.

          "You consent to this?" Mir raised one brow to Sanghyuk which Sanghyuk nodded easily.

          "I don't have anything to lose anyway."

          "Giving up normal life?"

          "Being an idol like you is not exactly a normal life too." Sanghyuk reasoned. "And you don't know about my past life. Believe me when I say this life is better."

          "Okay fine! I don't know about your life but mine is normal! I have family and friends. I'm happy the way I am and you people just have to- No. Wait. What am I saying? Haha! Nonsense! I don't believe you. Werewolves? Oh god. I can't believe that I almost think you guys actually mean it." Mir turned to Nara. "This must be a prank. Where is the camera? Where is it? What variety show is this?"

          "Hey, calm down." Nara tried to pull Mir who started prancing around the room trying to find the non-existence camera. "We don't plan for it to become this way either. It just happened. You were at the wrong place and the wrong time. There is nothing we could do about it anymore." Nara grabbed onto Mir's arm but she was shoved back when Mir yanked his arm away, fortunately falling right into the arms of Eddy.

          "No! You guys are tricking me!" Mir half-yelled. He stopped for a minute making the other three in the room froze as well. "O-or maybe I'm just lying comatose in a hospital after the accident and this is just a dream! Wake up… I need to wake up." Mir started pinching his own cheeks.

          "Hey, I think he's going crazy." Sanghyuk tilted his head, twirling his finger on his temple.

          "I want to go home." Mir stated sternly, ignoring Sanghyuk. "Send me back home! I want to go home!"

          "We can't…" Nara slowly said, a sympathetic look on her face. "Cheolyong, just stay here until we solve the-" She clamped shut when Eddy nudged her on her arm. They exchanged a glance. Nara almost slipped on her words. Fortunately Mir didn't notice the slip up. "Just for a few weeks more."

          "Why can't I go home? You're not abducting me, so why can't I go home? This doesn't make any sense!"

          "Yea. Why can't he go home?" Sanghyuk asked naively.

          "Thing is a bit complicated outside this place right now."

          "Complicated how?"

          "Well… It just is okay. Come, Cheolyong. Sit and calm down." Nara held out her hand with a soft smile, guiding Mir tenderly but it seemed that Mir already put her closer to the enemy list instead and clung onto Sanghyuk's arm, pushing Sanghyuk in front of him as his human shield. Nara sighed. She thought there would be no one as childish as Sanghyuk but Mir is definitely more childish. "You're lucky you're cute." Nara grumbled.

          "You like him." Eddy teased from the side.

          "Shut up!" Nara blushed and kicked Eddy on the leg.

          "She didn't deny it." Sanghyuk whispered slightly to Mir whom in turn carry the same heavy blush which is identical to the one on Nara's cheeks.

          "That is not the problem here! I mean she is pretty and all but- Wait I didn't just say that. Don't confuse me!" This time Mir pinched on Sanghyuk's arm to cover his embarrassment and basically it was quite hectic inside the room and there was just no conclusion to Mir's absurd situation.

          It was Mir after all. Easily distracted.