chap 22

Dream Walker

Supposedly, Mir would have thought it was pretty believable, what he was telling Joon and Thunder considering how they have witnessed those people with inhuman speed and strength not to mention their glowing red and golden eyes.
    But apparently he was wrong.
    "Hyung. Calm down. I'm still hurt." Mir grabbed onto the front of Thunder's grey sweater when the older male had gripped on his arms painfully and shaking his wounded body while yelling,
    "YAH! GET A GRIP! YOU'RE TALKING NONSENSE! THERE IS NO VAMPIRE! NO WEREWOLF!"
    "Sanghyun, stop that." Joon interrupted and pulled Thunder away from Mir when the maknae groaned in pain, holding his throbbing side.
    Thunder was acting way out of his character. Mir always thought Thunder would be the last person to freak out despite whatever situation he faced. He was wrong. He was dead wrong.    
    "I know! The longer we are here, we'll just get even crazier ideas. They must have been doing something to us, making us see something not real and.. And.. They might drug us with something. We should leave. That's right. We should leave. Like right now!" Thunder wriggled himself out of Joon's arms and reached down on Mir's hand, tugging the maknae to stand up from the couch.    
    "I'm sorry Cheolyong. Just bear it for a while. I'll bring you to the hospital and everything will be fine again."
    "Yah! Sanghyun! You're hurting him." Joon tried to pull Thunder away from Mir again.
    "Are you going to leave him here?" Thunder snapped at Joon.    
    "We're not leaving!" Mir, annoyed, finally yanked his hand away and yelled at the older male. He heaved in some much needed air, mostly due to his throbbing wound. "I am not leaving." Mir said again, with narrowed eyes.
    "But, Cheol-"
    "Sanghyun! Stop it. Don't you remember what happen since that night? There." He pointed to Sanghyun's neck. "That scar is still fresh."
    Thunder automatically covered the bite wound over his neck from GO's fangs and looked down on the floor but he was still shaking his head.    
    "I'm sorry hyung. I really am." Mir whispered.
    "We have to leave here and everything will be fine again." This time, Thunder sat on the small space on the couch Mir was lying on.
    "It's not easy as that, hyung. I can't go back."
    "I told you." Sanghyuk was suddenly there, an unpleasant smirk on his face as he dove down and help Mir up from the couch gently. "Byunghee is awake." He informed as Mir cling on his neck for support.
    "How is he?"
    "You should meet him yourself."
    Mir nodded and let Sanghyuk support him to walk past Joon and Thunder. He paused, however, when he heard Thunder's words.
    "Why did you choose him?" Thunder asked, there was certain sadness inside his tone, a hurt pride.
    Mir frowned, turning to see Thunder but the older had his back on him. He could only exchanged a confused look to Joon whom in turn shaking his head weakly. What was wrong? What with that look? "What do you mean, hyung?" Mir was even more confused when he felt Sanghyuk's arm around him pulling him closer to the alpha. He turned to look back and forth between the two former member of MBLAQ and the alpha. Something must have happened between them.
    "Why wouldn't he choose to be here. Seungho and Byunghee are here." Sanghyuk interrupted. "He is now part of the pack. Here is his future while both of you are just painful past."
    "Sanghyuk!" Mir exclaimed, looking dumbfoundedly at the young werewolf. "Why would you say that?"
    "Isn't that true anyway?" Sanghyuk replied casually. "Hurtful memories should be erased."
    "Sanghyuk! I don't appreciate you talking to them like this." Mir made to pull away slightly but Sanghyuk was unbudging.
    "They hurt you!"
    "They are my friends!"
    "Still-"
    "Enough, Sanghyuk! I respect you but I am not letting this slip."
    Sanghyuk wanted to retort but he bit his tongue when he caught the glint in Mir's eyes. He might be the alpha but he had to admit Mir was kind of scary right now. "Fine." He breathed out.
    "And you two." Mir turned to both Joon and Thunder, waiting until Thunder finally turn to face him. "Have I ever in any way saying I am choosing between you both and Sanghyuk?"
    "No." Joon mumbled when he realized Mir was expecting any kind of response.
    "Good. Now are you coming with me to see Seungho hyung and Byunghee hyung?"
    Joon nudged Thunder's with his elbow and the younger male let out a short sigh before replying, "We're coming." But when his eyes clashed with Sanghyuk's he stepped forwards and tugged Mir from Sanghyuk's hold. The alpha let go because he didn't want Mir to get hurt being pulled from two sides. "Let's go." Thunder helped Mir walked with Joon tailing behind them, leaving Sanghyuk rolling his eyes.
    Mir made the exact same face as Sanghyuk. Obviously Thunder didn't get it at all. It was useless to talk about it now. So, Mir just let it slide and grateful Sanghyuk did the same as well as the alpha followed the three upstairs obediently.

@@@@@@@@@@

Mir rolled his eyes. He knew, him too, shouldn't have been this calm considering what he  had been through in such short period of time but Thunder was pacing around the room restlessly, gnawing on his nails, Joon was quiet at the far corner of the room, sighing ever so often, GO was still in Seungho's embrace, afraid of breaking out of Seungho hold and attacked the two human in this room, which were Joon and Thunder, he had no choice but to stay calm. 
    GO seemed so afraid to be too close to Joon and Thunder, must have been scared he might attack them although, logically, he should have worried over Seungho who was the closest in distance to him as he could easily just turned in Seungho's arm and sunk his fangs into Seungho's neck but strangely, he felt safe there and he felt like it was Seungho holding him together without him losing his mind.
    GO might have not gotten over the issues between them but surely he wouldn't forgive himself if he attacked those two and hurt them, and that was exactly why none of them revealed that in fact, he had already attacked Thunder when he was first awake.
    "There is just no way." Thunder harshly hissed.
    "Well, it is the truth." Sanghyuk shrugged.
    Mir sighed. "He's right. It's the truth." Mir glared when Sanghyuk smiled triumphly. Why are they fighting so childishly?
    "No, it's not! You guys are being brain washed by them. Wake up! We need to leave!" Thunder retorted, turning a pair of pleading eyes to his friends.
    Subin whom was watching everything quietly from the side, whispered to the nearest person standing by her, which was Jongsuk, "Well, I think I should leave."
    Jongsuk grabbed Subin's wrist. "Not yet. I might need your help."
    Subin bore a surprised look as he stared at Jongsuk whom was also watching the drama unfolded from the side.
    "Hyung. Will you please calm down?" Mir snarled, already bored and annoyed.
    "Cheolyong..." Sanghyuk warned Mir when he noticed Mir was getting a bit agitated and there was a flicker of golden yellow in his eyes before they turned into their normal soft brown again.
    "! I need to get control over this!" Mir cursed himself, hitting the side of neck ever so slightly as he often did when he thought he needed to be hit some sense into himself before trailing his eyes at GO who was looking at him with concern from Seungho's hold. "It's okay, hyung. I'll be fine." Mir assured.
    GO pulled away slightly from Seungho and Seungho reacted by loosening his arms from around the younger one but not fully letting go, merely resting his palms over GO's back. "Then why aren't you coming closer?"
    Mir went rigid. He knew GO would notice. If it was anywhere near normal, he would have jumped into GO's motherly embraced and bawling his eyes out like a child once he saw GO finally awake but no, the moment he stepped into this room, he nailed himself right at the door. Because he felt the wolf in him howling, growling, fighting against the chain he created, wanting to escape and... And like hell Mir would know what that wolf in him would do if it escaped. 
    "Urm... I just feel more comfortable here." Mir nervously replied with an innocent grin.
    "You're lying."
    "Urm..."
    "Don't even try."
    "Okay, fine. I just don't want to end up losing control."
    GO stared at the nervous Mir for a little while before surprisingly, nodded in understanding. "Seungho told me everything."
    "You seemed cool with it." Mir stated, still amazed.
    "Not really. I've been shaking since then."
    Mir frowned and looked attentively. True, GO was still shaky inside Seungho's hold. And it left a pang deep inside Mir's chest.    
    "Stop!" Thunder half-shouted, gaining all of the attention of people in this room. "Cheolyong, you are not a werewolf and Byunghee hyung can't be a vampire. Stop spouting bull. There must be some logical explanation-"
    "Sanghyun." GO called, stopping Thunder's rambling. He opened his mouth and let his fangs down as his eyes turned bright red. "Does this look fake?"
    "No! No! No!" Thunder shook his head, squeezing shut his eyes. He didn't want to accept this.
    "Sanghyun." Joon whispered, finally speaking up after a long silence. "It's right in front of us, Sanghyun. There is no use denying it."
    "No, hyung. I told you. We're being manipulated. Who knows what kind of drug they flushed in our system to up with our brain. Let's just get out of here and everything will be fine again."
    "We can't go back anymore, Sanghyun." Seungho said, softly but the words fall harshly on Sanghyun like a thousand pounds weight. "At least not the three of us."
    "We can't leave you here, hyung." Joon frowned in distaste at what Seungho was suggesting.
    "You can. You did it once." GO's quiet whisper acted like a blade that stab deep inside the two men, the two exact men whom had once walked away from them, from MBLAQ.
    Joon let out a bitter smile. He couldn't believe GO said that without taking consideration of his feelings. He knew GO was hurt and still was but that didn't give GO leverage to trample on his feelings and talking as if he left MBLAQ because he didn't care. He did. He always did. He left for his future and he thought they would have support him, watching him with proud as he reached the top. But instead, what he got was the accusing hurtful look.
    "I can't take this." Joon mumbled, looking hurt and walked towards the door, leaving quietly.
    Thunder was left in the room, just as hurt as Joon but instead of walking away, he shot GO a painful gaze, his eyes tearing up but the older averted his eyes unable to continue looking.
    The air inside the room was tense, filled with mixed feelings until Jongsuk pulled Subin with him and went towards Mir. "We need to talk." He whispered close to Mir's ears and turned towards the door, walking out.
    Mir spare another glance at three of his hyungs, shaking his head in disdain before following Jongsuk and Subin out of the room. The three of them stopped at the end of the hallway, near the stairs as Jongsuk stared down at Mir with a serious look on his face that unnerved Mir slightly.
    "You see..." Jongsuk started, bringing up Subin's hand that he had been holding on. "Subin here-"    
    "Your girlfriend?" Mir cut Jongsuk off, blinking innocently.
    "Yes- I mean what? No!" Jongsuk had almost nodded automatically but quickly denied when he realized what he had just agreed on.
    "Oh... Then what is it?"
    Jongsuk exhaled and inhaled again, this time releasing Subin's hand as even Subin seemed uncomfortable all of sudden. "Subin can manipulate people's mind and erase their memories."
    "Humm? Urm... Alright, cool. I  guess...?" Mir hesitated, wasn't actually sure where this was leading too.
    Subin chuckled slightly, no wonder Jongsuk picked the stray puppy up. Mir sure was charming and adorable. "He is trying to say that if you want, I can erase Changsun's and Sanghyun's memories and let them go back  to their own life but of course, only the few memories about you, Seungho and Byunghee. Not all of it."
    "What? Why?"
    Mir's genuine surprise and confusion in turn surprised both Jongsuk and Subin. "Because that is the best thing to do in this situation?" Jongsuk replied, although he kind of sound unsure.
    "Hacking their brain? No way? Why would I make them forget about me? Or Seungho hyung or Byunghee hyung?" Mir still was damn confused.
    "Well.. Sanghyun freaked out and Changsun's soul literally flew out of his body when we told them everything. They are not made for this world. As much as you might not like it, this is your world now. Dark and light don't live together." Jongsuk explained gently. "It will only hurt both side if you stubbornly want to keep them with you."
    Mir narrowed his eyes. "Then what about Seungho hyung?"
    "I have already spoken to him. He chose you and Byunghee."
    "That's a given so why are you telling me this instead of telling Changsun hyung and Sanghyun hyung. Try, hey you guys, we can delete all that happened these past few days and you will never know what will happen to your other three friends." Mir crossed his arms. "I know they choose to leave MBLAQ but I'm not sure if they want someone to erase us from their mind."
    "Then, are you going to keep them here?"
    "Can't I..."
    "Don't look at me with those eyes." Jongsuk sighed when Mir looked up at him with those pair of puppy eyes. "Cheolyong.. This world is not for human. This world is full of night creatures. There are reasons why human never know we exist, there are reasons why we can't cohabit with them. Our world is dangerous for such weak human."
    "They are not weak!"
    "Yes, they are. Human, no matter how strong still have their limit."
    "But-"
    "I'm sure when you live with the werewolves, they told you about the oncoming war. Do you want them to get dragged into this?"
    Mir's eyes slightly flickered towards Subin whom noticed and nodded at the MBLAQ maknae.
    "There are no longer way for you to go back to that world. You are going to have to leave everything behind."
    "I-I don't want to..." Mir mumbled sadly.
    Jongsuk ruffled Mir's hair. "When I was still young, I was just like you. I want to live with my family, with my friends but as they grew older, I stayed the same. They started feeling afraid of me. They knew what I am but as the time went by it was as if they just realized what I am. They started to compare me to a monster. And they were terrified by me, no longer trust me around them and their heirs. In the end, they died while being afraid of me and I have to leave the place. I don't want you to face the same thing as me."
    "As time goes by..." Mir hung his head low. "Will they forgive me?"
    "Cheolyong?"
    "If I am in their place, I would never forgive him for taking away the memories that I treasured."
    "There will be nothing to forgive when there are nothing to remember."
    Mir looked lost when his eyes flickered up again. He looked lost and hurt. 
    "I'm sorry, Cheolyong but I still think it is better this way."
    "You're right. I can't go back. But they can." Mir sniffed. 
    That was the reality Mir had to face. Losing his family and friend. Why was this happening to him? In his life, had he ever hurt someone to deserve such pain?
    Was it because fate just wasn't on his side?
    
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Joon swallowed, feeling a lump in his throat as he retreated silently from the bottom of stairs. He went to sat on the living room, staring at the black screen of the television in front of him, in daze.
    He had heard Mir and Jongsuk's conversation at the end of the stairs. He had heard everything and he didn't know how to react to that.
    On one side, he couldn't accept everything that had been shoved in front of his face open-heartedly. Mir was a werewolf? GO was a vampire?
    Both of his treasured friends now were monsters?
    He couldn't accept those readily.
    On the other side, he didn't want to be separated from the three guys. Okay, they were no longer working in the same group, heck GO might hate even the sight of him but it was not the same with this.
    Erase his memories?
    Erase those guys out of his memories?
    He will no longer knew Mir or GO or Seungho?    
    At that thought, a deep sharp stabbing pain tortured him from inside. Was this the pain Mir was talking about? Was this how they felt when he and Thunder chose to leave? 
    Now he sort of understand.
    Although when he left MBLAQ, never once crossed his mind that he was to abandon their friendship. They were still friend although they were no longer in the same group but now... Now he was about to lose them. Maybe that was that the trio had thought when he and Thunder left, that they were losing their brothers.
    Joon exhaled a wavering breath. He rubbed his face with his hand only to pull his hand away and stared at how shaky his hand was.
    Why didn't he just stomped up the stairs and yelled at Jongsuk that he didn't want to forget Mir or Seungho or GO?
    He knew why...
    Because deep down in the darkest corner of his heart, he was afraid of Mir and GO. After witnessing first hand of what both of the mentioned had turned to and what they were capable of, he was scared.
    I am scared...