chap 17

Dream Walker

"You're going to sleep?" Seungho caught Mir just in time as the latter walking out of GO's room or more like stumbling out. "Breakfast is ready though. Sanghyun also woke up and he's with Sanghyuk and Jongsuk at the kitchen. Won't you at least eat?"
    "I don't think I'll be able to hold up much longer. I'm still exhausted after the... Dreamwalking." Dream walking. It was the most suitable words Mir could think of to descrie his situation. "I don't really feel like eating. Maybe later." Mir mumbled, walking unstably as if he was drugged up. His antics made Seungho smiled. "I'll just sleep for 15 minutes. Wake me up later, hyung." With almost closed eyes, he blindly walked towards his room, almost crashing into the closed door if not for Seungho helping him to open the door from the side. "Hyung. Lock it from the outside."
    "Arasso.. Sleep well, maknae."
    The only reply Seungho got was Mir's short humm before the youngest dive onto the bed, not even bothering pulling his blanket over.
    "This kid. Use the blanket  or you'll catch cold."
    "There is no need. He's a werewolf. He's warm." 
    Seungho gasped when Jongsuk suddenly was already by his side, arms crossed in front of his chest as his red eyes were on Mir who was already fast asleep.
    "And although they ate a lot, they didn't need to in the first place. Just like me. So, you don't have to worry about him not eating as well."
    "Oh, okay." Seungho replied, massaging his nape as he stood there awkwardly under the stares of such intense red eyes.
    "You didn't finish your breakfast." Jongsuk stated.
    "Yea. I have no appetite." Seungho shrugged. Anyone wouldn't have the appetite to eat after experiencing so much the night before.
    "Sanghyuk is scarfing down the rest of the breakfast with little help from your friend."
    Seungho nodded in acknowledgement. "Well, then, at least the food wouldn't be wasted." He chuckled. "I'll just go to Byunghee-"
    "I can smell one of your human friend is in there and since the tall one is with Sanghyuk, it must be the man who looked like a  fox in there."
    Seungho rolled his eyes. "The tall one called Sanghyun. And the other is called Changsun. I told you so many times already."
    "It's not important to me. They don't have my interest." As Jongsuk talked, he stepped closer to Seungho and his red lips pulled into a half crooked smirk. "But you... I'm interested in you."
    "Huh? Me?" Seungho looked puzzled but he was not even a bit affected by Jongsuk. He didn't even back down when Jongsuk was now standing so close only a few inches away from him. "What? You're going to my blood?"
    Jongsuk stared at Seungho for a few seconds before he burst into laughter. "That is tempting but I won't spoil my hudreds of years of long effort in establishing control and here I am. I haven't blood directly from human for almost 300 year. And I was not about to change it now." He took a step back. "Follow me." He beckoned Seungho and walked ahead, smiling wider when he heard Seungho's confident stride following him from behind. The boy had one brave heart. Seungho was not trusting anyone around him, that, Jongsuk could tell. But he was never afraid even standing in the middle of danger with a lot of people he lacked trust of.
    Jongsuk lead Seungho down the stairs and past the kitchen, passing Sanghyuk who was busy stuffing his face and force feeding Thunder to even notice both Jongsuk and Seungho walking past the kitchen and towards another door leading to the basement.
    "Where are you taking me?" Seungho asked and watched as Jongsuk moved easily in the darkness of the basement until the light washed out the room. Seungho's jaw dropped to the floor if it was possible when he saw what was inside the basement. It almost felt like he was walking straight into a killer movie. Urm... Well, on top of vampire and werewolves movie. Damn it. What else now?
    "You know..." Jongsuk walked towards a long built in closet in the wall, occupying the whole length and height with several layers of open cupboards. In each of them stacked various weapon. From small simple knife to arm length complicated looking rifle. Along the firearms, were bullets arranged in three rows, each row at least have fifteen bullets.
    Amazed, Seungho also followed the length of the wall, scanning through all the weapons.
    "These are all silver." Jongsuk told, slightly tapping on one of the bullets and hissed as his finger burnt from it but it healed almost immediately when he pulled away. "Silver is vampire weakness. And also wooden stake right into the heart which of course you already know since you killed one with it." Jongsuk grinned.
    Seungho frowned, looking weirdly at Jongsuk. "Why do you have this things in your house? You're a vampire!" Seungho exclaimed.
    "I'm a vampire that hates what I have become." Jongsuk corrected. "I couldn't use these things since they harm me the same. In the end, I'll be down first before I could hurt even another vampire. But you. You can."
    "Wha- Me?"
    "You will be vampire slayer." Jongsuk smirked.
    Seungho raised one brow, narrowing his eyes at the tall vampire. "No, I won't." He stated dryly.
    Jongsuk blinked, dumbfounded. "But why?"
    Releasing a soft sigh, Seungho said, "In case you forgot, I have my bestfriend up there, turning into one of those creatures. I can't kill him."
    "I never said you have to kill him. Or me. Or several other vampires like me because trust me, I am not the only one who bear hatred to what we have become. I want you to kill just those who are harming human and trying to pitch a war with werewolves."
    "Why should I? I'm not interested. I'm here just for Byunghee and Cheolyong." Seungho tried to leave the room but Jongsuk's words stopped him.
    "You can't bring neither of them back with you." Seungho his heels at Jongsuk's statement. "They both now belong to the dark hidden world of night creature. They no longer belong to the ordinary human world. You can't bring them back with you." Jongsuk stepped closer, disminishing the distance Seungho had created. "But don't worry, you can still go back to your life. Without them." Jongsuk smirked as he saw fear flickered inside Seungho's orbs for the first time since he met this young man. Oh so, there it was, this young man's weakness. GO and Mir. Of course. He was not surprised at all. "Don't worry. I'll take good care of both of them while you go crawling back to your safe world. And aha, don't forget the other two, the fox and the giraffe." Jongsuk walked past Seungho, a smirk on his lips as he headed out of the room. Only just a few steps towards the living room when he heard Seungho's hasty footsteps behind him.
    "W-Wait!"
    Jongsuk's smirk grew wider. "I said it, Seungho, you have to forget them. Pretend they never exist in your world. You guys can't be together."
    "N-No." Seungho whispered, the fear grew stronger at the thought of losing his anchor and his strength, his bandmates, close friends, brothers even.
    "Unless..."    Jongsuk turned to look at Seungho. "Unless you come to  this side."
    Seungho looked down in thought. His life with neither GO nor Mir was no life at all. He need both of those boys and he knew they need him. This was no option. He was not going to abandon them.
    "Fine."
    "Fine...?"
    "Fine! I'll be a vampire hunter."
    "Good. Then-"
    A loud sound from upstairs interrupted Jongsuk. "What is that noise?" Seungho asked out loud what was in Jongsuk's mind and flinched when it just getting louder and followed by sound of glass breaking. "Wha-" He was stunned when Thunder and Sanghyuk ran past him yelling,
    "We'll check on it."
    Not too later, he felt wind rushing past him and the front door swung opened. Seungho had a hunch it was Sanghyuk considering the wind had the smell of kimchi fried rice, their breakfast which Sanghyuk had been devouring. So Seungho walked to the front door with Jongsuk calmly. Looking up at the rainy sky, Seungho asked, "Where do you think he goes?"
    But Seungho didn't need Jongsuk to ask when Sanghyuk suddenly appeared before him, at the step of the door, carrying Mir, wet and bleeding and barely conscious. Almost the same as the time when he found Mir in that strange isolated road after that horrible accident that became the turning point of their life.
    This time too... It brought bad feeling in his guts. 
    Seungho felt his heart drop.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Mir woke up with a start. He groaned in pain. What was this? What was this searing burning pain on his waist? Mir turned slightly to lie on his side but it just made the pain worsened and he felt so cold. So cold and painful that his lips trembled, in fact, his whole body was shivering and wet.
    Wet?
    The ground felt wet and... Prickly? Mir opened his eyes, met with the grey morning sky. He couldn't open his eyes all the way the raindrops were in the way. It was raining.. And he was lying under the cloudy sky. On the grass. He turned his head slightly, one hand finding the burning pain spot on his waist. It  was wet but wasn't cold. It was warm. And sticky.
    Mir's droopy eyes were still blurry but his nose was sharp, he could smell metal. Or precisely, blood.
    Mir's breathing became more erratic as  he clenched onto the open wound on his waist. Where did he get the wound? Mir slowly moved his weak body and his eyes went to the building in front of him. It was Jongsuk's luxurious bungalow, standing tall over him and his eyes traveled up to the upper level and one of the window was broken, a massive hole was on the middle of the window with sharp shards protruding into the hole. Mir turned his head side to side, seeing the sharp pieces of glasses surrounding him and prickly feeling on his back probably meant he was lying on some of the shards as well.
    Sighing, he connected the dots. That morning he slept, he must have transformed and threw himself out of the window, hurting himself with the sharp glass in doing so and now here he was, lying on the ground, under the rain, bleeding out dry.
    Strange though. He wasn't supposed to transformed when the sun was up or so he thought but there was Jongsuk in that house. There was GO. Their presence must have stimulate his transformation.
    Mir didn't even notice when exactly he closed his eyes but he opened them again when he heard distant sound of someone talking loudly, but he couldn't decipher what that voice was saying. Mir's eyes traveled back to the broken window. He blinked a few time when he saw blurry figure standing there, looking out of the window and down at him before retreating back in hurry.
    It wasn't that long before the same figure was now running to him and kneeling by his side. 
    "Cheolyong! What happened?"
    Mir's eyes drooped even lower and closed completely as he indulged himself in the darkness. But he could still feel and hear. All the pain and that concern-laced voice. Sanghyuk's voice was calling his name and he felt he was moved which worsened his pain but he couldn't recoil and pull away as he was too weak and just let his body being carried by a pair of arms and the rain was no longer falling over him. It was not as cold as he thought it would be. Maybe because he had wolf-like warmth as Sanghyuk said. It comforted him a little, the warmth.
    But still. It was painful.