chap 20

Dream Walker

Seungho threw open the door, not flinching at how the door noisily hit the wall. He gasped when his brain registered the things he saw inside this room.
    There was GO. The owner of the honey voice was standing near the bed, Thunder in his grasp, shuddering and had a horrified look on his face with GO's face buried in the crook of Thunder's neck.
    "BYUNGHEE!" Seungho shouted. He didn't know what to feel now. He became even more lost when GO pulled away from Thunder, his glowing ruby eyes flickered towards Seungho but there was no emotion there. There was no trace of GO that Seungho had known for more than half of his life there. "Let him go, Byunghee. You don't want to do this."
    GO remained stoic, and as if no one was there, as if Seungho was not exist, his tongue darted out, tracing the outline of his lips before revealing his fangs and the sharpness once again dig into Thunder's neck, creating another wound and this time even deeper as he drink the warm blood greedily.
    He wasn't acting like himself...
    "BYUNGHEE!" Seungho shouted but this time there was anger laced inside his voice, his eyes glowering at his best friend. "I told you to stop it."
    Jongsuk stepped forward, hand clapping on Seungho's shoulder once. "He couldn't hear. When he first awaken, his instinct and thirst cloud everything else." Jongsuk then walked calmly to GO and seizing the newly turned vampire but a newly turned vampire was strong, really strong, almost on the same level of any rogue while Jongsuk had given up half of his strength once he decided not to drink straight from human. And he was thrown aside easily but at least GO was now distracted from Thunder.
    Seungho took that chance and ran to Thunder who had fall on his knees on the floor, pulling and dragging him across the floor, away when he froze as GO turned his attention away from Jongsuk to them. He knew right then and there, those empty red eyes would haunted his memories.
    This was not GO.
    Those eyes belong to devil.
    Seungho dove down and pulled Thunder into his embrace when GO disappeared, expecting him and Thunder being attacked but all went so fast and Seungho only felt wind past him and when he finally got to see it, he saw Sanghyuk battling GO at fast pace, only pausing here and there for Seungho and other human to have a glance of what was happening in the fight.
    Sanghyuk seemed to be dominating over GO but then another rush of wind hit Seungho and suddenly Mir was there, attacking Jongsuk.
    It couldn't be any messier than this.
    GO was trying to advanced towards Seungho and Sanghyun and also the newly arrived Joon whom Seungho kept both protected behind him. Jongsuk was using all he had to stop GO while Mir had been trying to attack both GO and Jongsuk without any care of the possible collateral damage, Sanghyuk was too busy trying to help Jongsuk stopping both GO and Mir. Both GO and Mir were unstoppable with their own agenda. And this fight was not something Seungho could take part in. He was no match.
    "This is why I hate puppies and human inside one home." Subin whom had been watching quietly with disinterest look on her beautiful face pushed herself from leaning against the wall and stepped forward. She just took one step before disappearing, appearing just before Mir and kicking the MBLAQ maknae on his shoulder until Mir flew back and fall onto the bed before disappearing again and appeared again behind Sanghyuk, kicking Sanghyuk on the back until the young werewolf were sent flying towards the back crashing into Mir who just stood back up, sending  both of them falling into the bed again with Sangyuk on top of Mir to hold the enraging vampire killer machine down before Mir did something he would regret later. 
    She went fast towards GO and before anyone could register, the newly turned vampire was held by his neck, feet dangling a few inches off the floor. Her eyes glowed in bright violet and GO's red eyes slowly turned into brown hazel color before his eyes closed and when Subin took off her hand from around GO's neck, the latter slumped on the floor limply.
    Seungho didn't waste time, seeing Sanghyuk got Mir under control and went towards GO. "What did you do to him?"
    Subin crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Just made him sleep for a while."
    Jongsuk let out a relieved sigh, looking around at the mess they had done in the room, he stretched his dislocated shoulder from the fight, snapping the bone back to its place. "I can't believe he wakes up this early."
    "I hate complicated things." Subin sighed and went out of the room after single-handedly ended the intense fight before. She refused to take part in this moment that didn't involve her in the first place. "I'll be in the living room if you need me." She shouted at Jongsuk before closing the door.
    There was this intensity in the air that it was almost palpable as Mir growling in silent towards GO and Jongsuk but didn't dare to disobey the alpha Sanghyuk whom in turn was making sure he didn't get his focus off of Mir.
    Jongsuk picked himself up from the floor, rubbing his nape with a deep sigh. Glancing at Seungho who was holding GO close to his chest and trying to wipe blood that smeared GO's lips and chin. Thunder's blood.
    Thunder in turn was shakily standing, supported by Joon who was just as shaky and frightened but still trying to help Thunder by hugging the younger and pressing sweater against the bite wound on Thunder's neck.
    "He just woke up so he didn't manage to a lot of blood since that was his first time." Jongsuk decided to break the silence, glancing back and forth at three spots, each with their own problems, their own worries and their own fear. "Changsun-shi, please bring Sanghyun-shi out." Jongsuk asked but Joon was in a shocked state as the latter just stared wide eyes at sleeping figure of GO and went towards Mir who was still growling and baring his sharp teeth. "Changsun-shi..." He called again.
    Seungho inhaled and turned his stern stare to Joon. "Lee Changsun. Snap out of it and take Sanghyun out." His voice was strict yet gentle, successfully gaining those almond eyes focus and a slow nod from Joon before the actor pulled Thunder with him and out of the room.
    Jongsuk nodded once and turned to Sanghyuk but was taken off guard as he turn to look just in the time Mir collapsed inside Sanghyuk's arms.
    "His wound reopened." Sanghyuk told, desperately clutching on the profusely bleeding open wound on Mir's waist.
    "Bring him to Subin." He ran to the door and opened it, allowing Sanghyuk running past the door with Mir in his arms. "You better stay with Cheolyong. I'll take care of him."
    Seungho, noticing Jongsuk's eyes on him, pulled GO closer with distracted look.
    "It's okay, Seungho. I know you're torn but right now, there is nothing you could do for Byunghee. I got this. Trust me. After all, who else is better in handling him other than a vampire myself." Jongsuk offered Seungho a comforting smile. "Cheolyong needs you."
    "They both need me. But, I can't do anything to help both of them." There was this faraway look in Seungho's eyes that worried Jongsuk.
    "This is just the beginning, Seungho. If you can't handle this, then you should just go back to your own life."
    "I can't go back now, can I?"
    "You can. You always can. There is still chance for you. You're still human and have a life, a family out there."
    Seungho shook his head. "I can't. Not without them."
    "...You can actually." Jongsuk went and crouched down beside Seungho, his hand gripping firmly on Seungho's slumped shoulder. "Subin can help. Subin is one of the rare vampire with abilities. She could get into someone's head and manipulate them just like she just did to Byunghee. And that said, she also can erase your memories. She can help erase Cheolyong and Byunghee from your memories and if you are worried about them, Subin can erase you from their mind as well-"
    "Don't you dare even suggest that ever again to me or to them." 
    "But-"
    "Just don't." Seungho gritted his teeth. "Them and the memories of them had became part of my life, I'd die without them."
    "It will be different if you-"
    "I said no." Seungho moved and help GO up and back to the bed, followed by Jongsuk. "Like you said, this is just the beginning. It is still too early for me to give up. Forever is too early for me to give up on them. It is not in question."
    "Are you sure?"
    "I... Am..." Seungho breathed out, swaying on his foot before collapsing.
    "Seungho?"

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Mir groaned, struggling with the pain ripping through his body deep under his skin. He struggled to breath, greedily taking big gulps of air to appease his constricting lungs, to supply the cells in his body. But it was not enough and not too later, even his lungs were tired and giving up on taking in air.
    "He is losing too much blood."
    Mir heard the feminine voice he didn't recognize yet he was up and down, barely surfacing to consciousness and awareness. His ears were buzzing and he couldn't seem to gather his thought.
    "He's going into shock. Grab me those bags."
    Mir only felt a pinch on the fold of his elbow and then his other elbow but the pain was not even compared to the pain that was crushing and tearing all over his body.
    "Help me with this."
    The sound of those frantic voices around him slowly became more distant and it echoed silently in his ears and until he didn't hear anything no more.


    "Hyung..."
    Mir looked around the darkness. He was sure he saw something moving around him but it was too dark to be sure. And he just called out to his brothers out of instinct. It was always like that anyway, whenever he as in trouble, the first people that came to his mind was either Seungho or GO or both of them.
    "H-Hyung..." Mir called out again, feeling his chest tightened and his heart increasing in speed.
    This was starting to scare him. This darkness..
    Mir inhaled deeply, trying to calm himself. He couldn't be weak. Couldn't be scared just because none of his hyungs were here with him. He wanted to be as strong as Seungho and as fearless as GO. 
    "Cheolyong..."
    That fleeting whisper, though, sent all of Mir's effort in calming himself out of the window. Mir turned so fast, he was amazed he didn't trip all over himself.
    That was when his eyes met Seungho's empty one. He was lying on the floor, his limbs bent in a weird position, is head turned almost to his back.
    Mir  felt the horrified scream inside his head but it didn't pass his throat and all he could do was just stare. Stare and stare... At Seungho's limp body, covered in blood. Dead.
    Mir shook his head slowly, his mouth moving, wanting to call out Seungho's name, wanting Seungho to answer him with a smile, alive and gentle, like the eldest had always been.
    "It's a pity, isn't it?"
    Mir gasped, when that voice was so near to his ear and his reflex came over him, wanting to get away but this time, he tripped on his feet and fall down behind. He looked up, seeing his other hyung standing there, looking at Seungho's dead body.
    "B-Byunghee hyung..." Mir whispered but unlike what he would have thought, unlike his brain was telling him that he would feel safe with GO close, somehow Mir's heart was contradicting that and he was enveloped with genuine fear. Fear to those red tinted inside GO's used to be soft brown orbs.
    "He was delicious though." GO's hand moved up and his thumb running over his lips and that was when Mir realized the red on GO's lips were blood.
    "Did you..." Mir let his question hung unfinished. He didn't even want to let the words past his lips.
    "What do you think?"
    The way those red orbs flickered towards him was as if challenging him to state the fact. The smirk on the blood tainted lips dared Mir, toying with Mir. And Mir never felt as much fear as now.
    "Is that what I think it is? Is that.. Hatred in your eyes? For me?" GO chuckled, turning completely to face Mir instead of just glancing from the corner of his eyes and the red glow in his eyes just became more obvious as he stared down at Mir. "Do you want to kill me? Do you?" There was a pause. "You do." He stated after staring deep into Mir's shaky pupil.
    Mir swallowed. "It's not hatred." Mir answered with shaky voice. "It was fear." He admitted.
    "Fear?" GO tilted his head and crouched down to level his eyes with Mir's. "Oh.." He made a small noise of recognition. "I saw that. Fear... Why fear me?" GO reached out with his right hand and removed Mir's long bangs to the side and tucked some of them behind Mir's left ear.
    "That is not right either, hyung." Mir whispered, catching GO's hand that had now caressing his cheek. GO's hand was so cold inside his own warm one. "I fear of what I would do to you for what you have become."
    "What will you do?"
    "..."
    "What will you do now that I have become a monster."
    "I can feel it inside me. The wolf inside me wanted to jump out and tear your flesh into shred. It must be me who have become a monster."
    "Then let it. Let your monster kill the monster in me."
    "You know I will kill myself before hurting you."
    "And so do I." GO's eyes turned to the side and Mir followed.
    Mir's eyes widened once again once he saw Seungho was standing there, no longer blood covered, no longer like a broken doll. No longer soulless and lifeless. 
    Seungho kneeled down. "We won't hurt each other." He opened his arms and without even a beat late, GO and Mir burrowed themselves inside Seungho's arms. The safest place for them. It didn't matter Mir was a werewolf, it didn't matter GO was a vampire and it didn't matter Seungho was a mere human. Seungho had always been the strongest among them. And far stronger above all is when they were together. "We won't."
    "But I am a monster." Mir whispered. "I felt it in me and I have no control over it."
    "You know something, Cheolyong?" Seungho pulled away slightly, eyes both of his brothers. "I don't mind becoming a monster if it means for your and Byunghee's sake. You can control it Cheolyong. You too, Byunghee. And you will  use it to protect each other. Because even the monster in you will learn to love the bond between us. The desperation of not wanting to hurt each other. That is our promise."
    "That is our promise." GO echoed Seungho's last sentence.
    That was their sworn promise.