chap 16

Dream Walker

A loud gasp escaped from Mir's mouth once they entered the room next door. At first Mir noticed Jongsuk standing at the side of the bed but when his eyes trailed lower, to the familiar figure on the bed, he was just beyond surprised.
    "Hyung!" Mir exclaimed, running towards the bed and kneeling beside the bed, grabbing GO's limp hand. "Hyung. Hyung. Hyung." He called his beloved brother numerous time but GO was not responding. He was still and pale and cold. Like the dead. Mir was close to crying as he turned helplessly towards Seungho, without letting go of GO's hand. "Seungho hyung. Why is Byunghee hyung like this? He was always warm. Why is he so cold now?" Mir sniffled.
    The look on Seungho face seemed to frighten Mir more, to the point Seungho could see Mir's small frame trembling visibly. He then approached the youngest and kneeled next to Mir. He rounded one arm around Mir and his free hand cupping Mir and GO united hands. He leaned in closer and whispered long words into Mir's ear.
    Mir nodded a few times as he listening in, the worries swirling in his large eyes seemed to intensify. Everytime he shuddered, Seungho just cuddled closer to him, running comforting hand along his spine as the leader kept on explaining.
    "Arasso?" Seungho finished as he pulled away slightly but never took off his arm from around Mir, neither his hand on top of Mir and GO's hand.
    "But, hyung, that means I-"
    "It doesn't matter what it means. He need us. Both of us."
    "But-"
    "No, Cheolyong. I know what you are thinking. You won't hurt him. And if you do, I will be here to stop you. Okay?"
    Mir looked back at GO and his fearful and worries painted face smoothen slightly and he just squeezed GO's hand. "Yes, hyung. I understand."
    Sanghyuk and Jongsuk shared a look as he watched over the small world of the three in amazement and admiration. There were just something so deep between these three.    
    "I don't know how he did it but he did it beautifully." Sanghyuk commented as he was looking at the three.
    Jongsuk, feeling his close distance slightly intruding, he pulled back and stood next to Sanghyuk. "Seungho is a leader for a reason."
    "I agree."
    "I would have thought Cheolyong would freak out. It's good that Seungho is here." Jongsuk added and Sanghyuk nodded.
    "But..." Sanghyuk trailed off.
    "But, what?"
    "I don't want to disturb their moment. It almost felt like a sinful thing to do."
    "And..?"
    "We still have two other human in the other room. Waiting for explanation." Sanghyuk reminded about the presence of the other two, Joon and Thunder.
    Jongsuk clapped onto Sanghyuk's shoulder once. "Let them be for now, Sanghyuk. We still have tomorrow. Let's go."
    Jongsuk left first and Sanghyuk followed not too long after, sparing just another glance to see Mir leaning onto Seungho as both of the man watching GO with painfully obvious care and worries.
    Sanghyuk smiled. Their bond are deep. And he hope that once he have his own pack, of course Mir was one of the pack but once he got much bigger pack, he hoped that the bond between him and his pack will at least reach half of this beautiful bond displayed before his eyes.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Joon woke up, feeling his head pounding. The light in this room seemed brighter than any normal light but then he blinked a few times and the light deemed out again as his eyes came to use to the brightness. He touched his hurting head and felt the material of bandage over the side of his head.
    As he crawled around the room with his eyes, Joon tried to remember where he was or at least where he had been before he was here but there was only darkness. So, he tried to remember what was the last thing he did before the disturbing black.
    Red.
    Red eyes and men. Weird men, attacking him and Sanghyun. As the older one, he had tried to resolve the situation or at least try to protect Sanghyun but those men were strangely strong and he was down on the floor before he could even blink his eyes.
    And then, he didn't remember anything except the severe pain striking him on the head and Sanghyun's faraway sounded voice yelling  for his name.
    "Sanghyun?" He called out into the room, trying to sit up with difficulty. "Sanghyun?" He called out again but there was no answer. He swung is leg off the bed, waiting until he was sure he wouldn't fall down, then he stood up and ventured out of the room.
    It was such a big house. There was about eight more room along the hallway to the stair that might lead him to the living room and front door of the house down there.
    Joon inhaled, deciding to just try each and every room and find out where was his friends at. He couldn't just be alone, right? Or was it that... That he was kidnapped and brought here?
    But then, what kidnapper would as gracious enough to treat his wound, he thought as he ran his finger over the bandage on his head. Shrugging, he pushed open the door of the room one by one, every single room seemed almost the same to the other, just slightly different in color but in exact same arrangement. How boring... Whoever own this large house, his or her taste are boring.
    Joon reached the last door along the hallway, pushing it open without much thought, not even expecting anything and that was why he was surprised to see two figure in the room. One was lying on the bed and the other one sitting by the bedside, their hands were united.
    Although the one sitting had his back on him, he knew that familiar shape of that man. Joon shut the door slowly and walked quietly towards the bed, letting one hand gently holding the man's shoulder.
    "Hyung..." 
    Joon winced at how raspy and weak Mir sounded and when his eyes finally fall on the figure on the bed, he felt the pain twinge inside his chest. GO was lying there, unconscious, face pale and breath slow, almost as if  the older man would stop breathing in the matter of time.
    "I don't want to sleep." There was slight hint of whining in Mir's voice.
    Joon drifted his eyes away from Mir and his breath hitched seeing Mir was not any better. The boy had dark circle almost all the way to his cheek bones, not to mention his puffy eyes were red and moist with tears. His eyes barely open and his body was lightly swaying like he was about to collapse and that just made Joon snake his arm around Mir on instinct, supporting him.
    "Oh." Mir made a small noise when his head rested on Joon's abdomen. "You're not Seungho hyung." Mir stated, pulling away slightly.
    Joon wanted to ask so badly. He wanted to know so badly but this was not the right time. At least he knew Mir was alive and GO was alive. Not in the best condition but they were alive and so did he.
    "Where is Seungho hyung?" Mir asked and continued, "Nevermind. He'll just scold me and tell me to go to sleep if he is here." Mir snuggled into Joon before pulling away and finally their eyes met. Mir offered Joon a smile. "Thank you for not asking hyung." Mir pulled another chair. "Sit, hyung."
    Joon sat down and kept his silence until he felt Mir's head gingerly lied on his shoulder and Mir's hair tickled his nape. It almost felt like before. Mir had been so spoiled with him around and mischievous of course but still spoiled. Maybe because he was the maknae. And he was the hyung. A hyung always took care of the dongsaeng. And so he was always took care of Mir and Thunder.
    Until he decided to leave.
    "Hyung. Pinch me."
    "Huh?"
    "Pinch me."
    "Wha- Why?"
    "I can't afford to fall asleep." 
    Joon saw Mir shifting a bit and quickly reacted when he saw Mir pinching himself on the arm, twisting the skin and little bit of flesh there. Joon yanked Mir's hand away. "Hey, don't." He hissed, rubbing his hand over the redness on Mir's arm.
    "I can't fall asleep." Mir repeated as his hand which was always holding onto GO's cold hand tightened. "I wish I never need sleep."
    "If you are this tired, just sleep."
    "I can't."
    "Why?"
    "..."
    "Fine then. But it will be worse if you collapse due to exhaustion. Byunghee hyung wouldn't like it."
    Mir pulled away to sit up straight at GO's name, looking like he was caught doing something wrong. "You're right." Mir stood up, the chair slightly scratch over the floor. "Can you stay with him? I'll just sleep for a half- urm, no just 15 minutes." Mir took a step but stopped and turned back to Joon. "If... Let's say if I come here acting all weird and you know, just not like myself, make sure I won't come close to Byunghee hyung."
    When Mir moved away, Joon caught his wrist. "What are you talking about? If you are worried, just sleep here. The bed is large enough for two." He tilted his head slightly to the space next to GO.
    Mir shook his head, ignoring the curiosity he saw inside Joon's almond-shaped eyes.
    Question after question were tingling, jumping on the tip of his tongue but Joon never asked as he just followed Mir walking out of the room with his eyes. He could never ask.
    Joon turned back to face GO and sighed heavily. "I feel like I have no right to ask until you tell me." He whispered to himself. "After all, I am no longer part of your little circle. I no longer have that right."

 

 

I was thinking of leaving Joon and Thunder out of fanfic for a while or maybe forever. Just a head up

sneak peak : "You will be vampire slayer." Jongsuk smirked.