chap 7

Dream Walker

Mir held his head. It felt like his head was splitting into two. Mir barely took another two steps before he collapsed on his knees, both hands clutching hard onto his hair, his face scrunched up in pain. He didn't even noticed Thunder whom following after him, kneeling beside him and holding tighter onto his waist. Not even GO whom just emerged from the bathroom and now was running towards him. He felt warm liquid trickled out from his ears and the pain was ripping apart his head from his body.

          "You're bleeding." GO's anxious voice barely reached Mir and he felt his body being tugged away from Thunder's support to stand from his kneeling position.

          Mir's legs was still wobbly that he collapsed into GO's arms and most of his weight was supported by GO. He didn't dare to open his eyes as the light seemed to just worsen his headache.

          "Cheolyong, can you hear me?" GO asked, panic surfaced in his voice. "Sanghyun. Go get Changsun-" GO gasped when Mir suddenly pushed him away. He stumbled behind, almost falling flat on the floor if not for Thunder being there to catch his swaying figure. "Cheolyong!" He called out when he saw from the corner of his eyes, Mir running out of the room.

          "CHANGSUN HYUNG!" Thunder shouted for Changsun and tried to pursue the maknae but the maknae had long gone. Since when Mir was this fast?

          Thunder stopped by the elevator. He looked at the elevator and the staircase. He was conflicted. Which one did Mir take? Footsteps approaching him made him felt a bit relieved. GO and Joon reached him not too long after.

          "What happened?" Joon asked breathlessly.

          "Where's Mir?" GO asked without letting Joon's question being answered.

          "He's gone. I'll take the stairs to see if he's maybe there." Sanghyun stated and bolted towards the staircase.

          GO looked at Joon. "You take the elevator. I'll take the emergency stairs." He said and went off without waiting for a reply.

          Joon was dumbfounded but he eventually pressed on the elevator button, waiting for his ride but something caught his attention from the corridor. He walked away from the elevator and leaned on the corridor wall to peer down at the road. His eyes widened as he recognized the small figure walking by the roadside with hands around his head, but it almost seemed like Mir had somewhere he wanted to go in his head as the maknae's steps were everything but hesitant. But where would Mir go out of blue? "CHEOLYONG!" He shouted but he was on the 9th floor. There was no way his voice could reach all the way below.

          Fishing out his cell phone, he was about to call Thunder to let him know where Cheolyong is but he didn't even get a chance to do that when something caught his attention from the corner of his eyes and when he looked back down, he saw a black van skidded by Mir's side and two men jumped out of the vehicle, grabbing the maknae and pulled him inside the darkly tinted van.

          "! CHEOLYONG!" Joon shouted desperately, running towards the elevator just in time that it opened. His whole ride to the ground floor filled with anxiety knowing he was already too late. Once he did, he was met with both Thunder and GO who just got down from the stairs, panting and sweating from all the running down flights of stairs. "Hyung! Sanghyun! I saw Cheolyong from above!" Joon approached the two and pointed outside. "Someone took him."

          GO's eyes widened. "What? What the hell are you saying? Who took him?"

          "I don't know." Joon half-shouted, still agitated and anxious. "I think I saw him being… Oh god I can't believe it myself. I think I saw him being kidnapped."

          "K-kidnapped?" Thunder echoed, rushing out of the building in search of Mir but there was no sign of Mir. "How could this be?"

          GO and Joon followed not too long after. All three of them looking around for the MBLAQ maknae but no, he was no longer around.

          "Changsun. You said someone took him." GO pranced towards Joon, taking Joon by shoulder and shaking the younger man in his clutch. "Tell me exactly what you see."

          "I saw Mir running out and there's a van stopped by him and two men came out and pulled him into the van."

          "Two men? How did they look like?"

          Joon shook his head. "Both of them looked buff. I-I don't know. I can't exactly- T-They are in suit! Like business suit."

          "Then the van? What kind of van? What color? The plate number?"

          "It's a black van. I… I didn't see the plate number." Joon said regretfully.

          "Police! We need police. We should report it." GO decided but before he could leave, Thunder grabbed on him.

          "No, hyung. We don't even know what they want. What if they hurt Cheolyong because we report them? We should wait. If this is really just for a ransom, they will find a way to contact us."

          "And if it isn't?" GO shot back. "I must get him back. Whatever way I have to use." More than that, seeing Mir's condition not a few minutes ago, he knew Mir need him more than anything and he wanted to be by Mir's side. They needed each other. He can't lose Mir. Not for anything.

          "Hyung, please. We're worried for Cheolyong as well. But it won't do any good to make a rash decision."

          "I am not rush!"

          "You are! Hyung! You look lost!" Thunder grabbed onto GO's arms. "Please hyung. We are worried too for Cheolyong. Don't push us away in time like this."

          "I know!" GO half-shouted. "I know." The tension left his voice slightly. "He is your friend. Of course you are worried. I know that much. But for me, he is my brother. It's different. You can't even imagine what I am feeling right now." GO whispered brokenly and walked away. "He need me. I just know."

          Neither Joon or Thunder tried to stop him anymore. What GO had said had hurt both of them more than they thought.

          Weren't they all brothers… Maybe not anymore. They knew that but that fact being shoved right into their face still hurt them more than anything.

         

*****************

 

Mir didn't exactly knew what drove him here. It was as if his body was moving on its own. It was scary but he couldn't stop himself. He pushed GO away. He hoped the older was not hurt. It felt like he pushed GO quite hard. He didn't mean it. His body was moving by itself. His body won't listen to him. His body just won't stop.

          Because in that excruciating pain, he heard sound that called him somewhere and without being able to resist, he followed his heart despite his mind telling the opposite.

          And now? Where was he? Even that, he didn't know. All he knew was that he was lying down, on a bed, paralyzed. He was in a room. Despite his barely opened eyes and blurry vision, he moved his eyes to scan around the room. An empty white room except for the bed underneath him. In some way, this room looked like a prison, so empty and desolate. It was not all silence though. Something was constantly beeping next to him.

          Mir frowned, trying to move his body, trying to at least break out of this cage that was paralyzing him but he only felt his fingers flickered a bit and then, he heard voices.

          "He's awake."

          "The drug is wearing off it seems."

          One of a guy and one of a girl but he didn't recognize the voices. He waited patiently until he felt shadow looming over him. It was a blurry silhouette but not too soon, his vision cleared up and he saw a beautiful girl hovering over him. A girl with clear white skin, a pair of huge cat-like eyes half-lidded staring down at him and a pair of pink glossed lips curling into a small smile.

          "Can you hear me?" The lady asked softly, her tone much softer than the one he heard talking before though it was the same voice.

          Then, another face stepped into Mir's line of vision. This time of a guy. Well built with sharp features, reminding Mir person from different states or maybe that guy was a foreigner. "Did he lost his hearing?" The guy asked, glancing shortly at the girl before his eyes fixed back onto Mir.

          "He shouldn't be." The girl shook her head, her brows furrowed in thought. "When I took out the chip from his inner ear, the tympanic and all other structures are still intact. Even the infection and inflammation has started to settle down."

          "Then, why isn't he responding?" The guy hovered closer to Mir, waving his hand in front of Mir's face. "Hello? Can you hear me?" The guy raised one brow. "Or are you too drugged up to response?"

          "W-Where…" Mir managed weakly, after getting over his shock, all sensation started to return to his body and he finally felt that he could move his limbs even though he felt so weak.

          "Oh.. He responded. Thank god or I'll get in trouble for letting our asset damaged."

          "Yah! Don't talk as if he is an object." The girl scolded and the guy simply stepped back with casual shrug. "Hi.. I'm Nara. I'm a doctor here."

          "Is t-this hospital?" Mir asked, feeling stronger by seconds but still very much sluggish. Did GO brought him to hospital but he forgot? No… He didn't remember anything past pushing GO off and running out of the building. Everything out. Again… Was his memory this weak to begin with.

          "Well, yea. A hospital for special creature like you." The guy snickered.

          "Knock it off, Eddy!" Nara seemed to get pissed off easily every time Eddy spoke. But when she turned to Mir, her features and voice would soften again as if trying to sooth a scared little child.

          Right now, Mir felt like he was really a scared little child. "Why am I here?"

          "Well… It's a long story." Nara started with a hint of guilt in her eyes. "You just woke up from surgery. You should rest first."

          "Surgery? Wha- Ouch!" Mir's hand flew up to his ears, feeling it ringing like a static and damn it hurts so much he felt like just ripping his head off and threw it in the trash can.

          "It's okay. I'll give you some analgesic and we can continue our talk when you feel much better."

          Mir gasped when he saw a syringe inside Nara's hand and automatically, he whimpered and tried to scoot away. He hated needles. Everyone knew that.

          Eddy snorted. "This kiddo scared of needle?" He laughed heartily this time, mocking but went to stand by the other side of Mir's bed. He took Mir's shoulder in a firm grab, calling Mir's attention to him. "Stop whining like a child and take it like a man, kiddo."

          Mir was so confused now. Take it like a man but then he called Mir a kid? Or was the drug they have been saying still messing up with his head? Mir gasped again when he felt liquid pushed against the vessel, only then realizing he had already have fixed branula on the dorsum of his hand hooked up to an IV drip so he wouldn't have to take another injection.

          "Rest for now. I now you still feel tired. Don't worry, I'll explain once you feel better."

          Although Mir wanted to protest but his body slowly relaxed into the soft mattress, the ringing stop, the pain stop and the steady beeping of the machine beside him lulled him into dreamless sleep.

 

Is this turning into a weird fic

*sigh*

I at this

Oh yeah,

Nara from hello venus

Eddy kim the solo singer

just pretend they are not celebrities in here

and yes, this is because I watch 'I am director too'