chap 15

Dream Walker

"Byunghee. Byunghee. Oh god. What is happening to him?" Seungho asked frantically at the two men he just knew as Sanghyuk and Jongsuk. 
    "He was bitten by vampire. He is turning into one." Jongsuk explained easily. "How is Cheolyong?"
    "He's sleeping. Once you bring these guys into the room, he just fall asleep." Sanghyuk explained.
    "Means... He is just reacting to vampire presence?" Jongsuk suggested. "But he spent whole day with me."
    "It just happened when he fall asleep usually. That's how we found you on the yacht."
    "Maybe because there are just so many of us tonight. That's why he transformed that way. Thanks to you, we're able to stop him."
    Sanghyuk shrugged. "I have to take care of my own pack. Cheolyong was being kicked around by that Seunghyun. I wouldn't let it be."
    Jongsuk patted on Sanghyuk's shoulder and turned to see Seungho who was trying to hold GO down on the bed. He approached the duo and put one palm over GO's forehead. "It will be easier if you just accept it." He spoke.
    Seungho looked up to Jongsuk. "What are you saying?"
    "He is in this much pain because he won't accept it. If this goes on, it will only get worse. He'll turn into rogue."
    "Rogue? I-I don't understand."
    "I assume you already know that I, well we, including the people who attacked you and your friends are not exactly human."
    Seungho looked hesitant but he nodded once to confirm.
    Truthfully, it amazed Jongsuk at how calm the leader of the MBLAQ was while accepting the situation even with his friend injured, in fear, turning and not to mention how Seungho just killed a person. Not exactly human but a life nevertheless. 
    Seungho was something else. And honestly, that something just drew Jongsuk in.
    "This friend of yours-"
    "Byunghee." Seungho cut in. "His name is Byunghee."
    Jongsuk nodded with a smile. "Byunghee was bitten. Apparently, the vampire that bit him didn't simply just bite him. He inserted his poison as well. He is trying to turn Byunghee into one."
    Seungho looked down at Byunghee who was still struggling against him, trashing on the bed. "You mean... Byunghee is going to be a vampire?"
    "Depends..." Jongsuk carefully replied.
    "What do you mean?"
    "When human are turned into vampire without their permission, the poison became a real poison. Either he would turn into rogue that I mentioned just now which basically meant a bloodsucker without soul and mind of their own or just die."
    Seungho's grip on GO's arms tightened. But he kept his composure as he continued listening to Jongsuk's explanation.
    "He had no choice if he want to live. He has to accept it. Although, becoming a vampire wasn't exactly pleasant."
    "As in..." Seungho encouraged.
    "This is me speaking from experience. It took me more than hundred years to control my craving for blood. Because my memories, my feelings when I lived as human stayed. When I got out of control and attack people, it just cause me deep regret next. And most likely, Byunghee will feel the same. Not to mention we are immortal and had to watch as people we love die one by one, leaving us behind." There was some sadness deep inside Jongsuk's eyes and Seungho was not dare to question, there was also the fact that he had to digest more than enough today.
    "But it is still better than dying." Seungho stated firmly, making choices that he thought as the best. He leaned down to whisper at GO. "Byunghee. If you hear me, let it go. Let it take over. Don't fight it. It's okay. You will still be my Byunghee. You will still be Cheolyong's Byunghee. You will still be you. Accept it and we will deal with it together later. The three of us will face this together because Cheolyong is here too. You hear me? Cheolyong is here with us. And I am here for you too. Like always. Okay? Please. We need you. You know that well. Because you need us as much as we need you."
    As Seungho whispered those words to GO, the latter struggles slowly died down and he lied there on the bed like he was sleeping. Even the painful scowl on his face smoothen up.
    "There you go." Seungho GO's dark hair and pulled away. He stood up only to see both Jongsuk and Sanghyuk were staring at him. "What?"
    "Wow! That was beautiful!" Sanghyuk exclaimed but being hushed right away by Jongsuk.
    "Where is Cheolyong?" Still unfazed, Seungho thought about the maknae. Just because GO in this condition, he was not going to be distracted and forgot about his other responsibility. After all, it was not only about him taking care of these two members of him but there was a fact that he needed to have them by his side after having too much to take in, otherwise, he would collapse.
    "He is in the next room." Sanghyuk answered. "Let's go. I have to explain about Cheolyong as well."
    Seungho looked over his shoulder, making sure GO was fine. That was when he felt a pat on his back. "Don't worry. I'll stay with him." Jongsuk offered a friendly smile.
    Seungho looked doubtful. Then again, he never trust anyone else especially when it came to GO or Mir but for now, Jongsuk would have to do.
    Just as Sanghyuk had said, Mir was sleeping soundly in the room next to the room GO was in. Seungho walked straight to Mir, sitting at the edge of the bed and Mir's dark hair, making sure to inspect every inches of Mir's body to ensure that Mir was fine.
    "And...?" Seungho inquired, eyes not leaving Mir's sleeping face, feeling the chaos inside his mind calmed down.
    "How is your shoulder?"
    Seungho glanced on his shoulder. It was slightly throbbing but there was nothing major. "It probably just a sprain. Tell me right now. I want to know."
    "Well... I don't know how to explain this without causing you too much of a shock." Sanghyuk started slowly.
    "It's okay. At this point, I won't even be surprised if you said Santa Clause exist."
    "Hey, isn't Santa Clause do exist? He lived in the North pole, right?" 
    Seungho raised one brow at Sanghyuk's remark.
    "What? Did Eddy lie to me? Oh ! I know it! I know it's impossible to have a flying deers."
    Seungho's mouth fell open. Where the hell did this kid come from again? Oh yeah, he was with Mir. Why was he still surprise? Almost all of those who hang around Mir had this level of weirdness just like the maknae himself not even excepting Seungho and GO. He was snapped out of his trance at Mir's voice.
    "Hyung? Am I home?" Mir called out sleepily, waking up only to whine. "Ouch it hurts." Mir twisted slightly until his head was on Seungho's laps and he fall back into his deep sleep not too soon after. Probably was not even sure if this was a dream or reality but even then, the maknae didn't miss the chance to grab one of Seungho's hand to secure the older with him.
    "When Cheolyong attacked those guys... Was he even conscious?" Seungho asked while running his hand over Mir's dark locks, smiling at how the hair color make Mir looked younger.
    "I don't think so. He didn't remember anything once he wakes up. It happened once when he was sleeping with me but tonight, he just collapsed and turn."
    "Turn?" Seungho inquired, bracing himself for the answer he was about to receive.
    "He is part of my pack and we're werewolves although he is still in denial. He didn't even know anything about his transformation." Sanghyuk shrugged. "He was in an accident not too long ago, right?" Seungho nodded. "That night he was in the accident, one of the fail creation escaped our laboratory and attacked Cheolyong. That was when his fate was decided."
    "I thought werewolves and vampire are something beyond science."
    "You were right but since werewolves are at the brink of extinction, we turn to science. It was wrong in a lot of way but that is the only choice we had and I am one of the laboratory born werewolves too." Sangyuk inhaled. "There's a lot of things going on in our world and it kind of unfortunate for you guys to get dragged into this but things happened."
    "Things happened." Seungho scoffed. He pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling his head throbbing and pulsating. "Things happened..." He repeated ironically. "How can you say that so easily!" Sanghyuk didn't seem surprised at Seungho's outburst. "The only two friends that I treasure like my own life had become this, this, this weird creature! One is like that!" He pointed to the wall separating this room and the room where GO was in. "Suffering and hurting and having to choose between death and turning into vampire which was not even that much different from living corpse and not to mention what he had to face for this choice after this." He turned to Mir then, resting his palm on Mir's shoulder. "And this one is suffering as well. Hurting and what more he didn't even know what was going on! He was scared and in pain and you just said things happened?" Seungho panted slightly. "If you didn't do such an idiotic experiment, Cheolyong wouldn't have become that thing you mention and we won't have to go all over the place looking for him and ended up being attacked and Byunghee turning into that kind of thing!"
    Sanghyuk let the silence followed after as he just observed the leader of MBLAQ. The leader was burdened to the point that he broke down. Yet, even the disgusted way Seungho mentioning the creatures of darkness, Sanghyuk noticed Seungho's gentle hand never stopped his movement of providing comfort to sleeping Mir. If this man sitting in front of him was the meaning of being a leader, then Sanghyuk would gladly follow Seungho's footsteps. It was simply admirable.
    "All those murder. Was it Cheolyong who did it?" Seungho suddenly asked after letting the silence wrapped around them.
    "What murder?" Sanghyuk tilted his head slightly. "You mean him killing those vampires?"
    "No, the serial killing that happened not too long after Cheolyong's accident."
    "I know nothing about that, although... No wonder Nara and Eddy won't let Cheolyong go home. Was he a suspect?"
    Seungho nodded. "And he still is. Police is searching for him."
    Sanghyuk made a small noise of, "Oh."
    "We can't go back anymore, can we?" Seungho asked, his voice dripping with exhaustion.
    "How did those people die if I may ask?" Sanghyuk ignored Seungho rhetoric question.
    "They said their bodies were littered with claw marks. Almost disfigured." Seungho answered anyway.
    "Hurm... Werewolves won't do that. I mean, we have some pretty poisonous claws. We don't need to do much to kill a person. It's not like we're just some ordinary wolves unless..." Sanghyuk paused for a second, thinking deeply. "Unless it was all vampires work to make it seemed like one of us who did the killing."
    "Why is that?"
    "Werewolves were not really organized but we do have one rule that must never be broken. That is to never hurt human. We're human's protector. If any of us even dare to break that rule, the rest of the packs will hunt us down. Maybe that is what the vampires trying to do. Turning us against each other and from what Jongsuk told me, Wonbin had been trying to sniff down Cheolyong's whereabouts."
    "Who's this Wonbin now?" Seungho groaned.
    Sangyuk shrugged again. "Don't know." He answered easily. "Probably the head of the vampire."
    Seungho inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly. He did that a few time until his felt lightheaded and swaying slightly until he felt fingers clutching his arm.
    "You're tired. You should rest."
    Seungho looked down at sleeping Mir on his laps then his mind traveled to GO in the nextdoor room. He didn't know which one needed him more until Mir was suddenly awake. 
    "Where- Hyung!" Mir pulled up to sit but almost immediately fall back into Seungho's laps, groaning in pain until he felt warm hand palming his forehead.
    Seungho's soothing voice tenderly whispered to him, "Slowly, Cheolyong. Slowly."
    Mir nodded once, closing his eyes and concentrating, trying to control the pain that crawl all over his body, paralyzing him. It took more time until he finally able to move more and able to sit down beside Seungho on the bed.
    Mir looked at Seungho, opening his mouth to say something but his eyes wandered a little bit further. Analyzing the strange room he was in. Exchanging a glance with Sanghyuk, he turn his attention back to Seungho, watching Seungho in a trance.
    "I'm not dreaming right?"
    Seungho ruffled the maknae's hair. Maknae surely cute every single second even in this kind of situation. "No, you're not."
    The second Mir was convinced Seungho was real, he pounced on Seungho with Seungho catching him well, probably already used with Mir's sudden attack. "Hyung! I have a lot to tell you but I don't even know where to start. I missed you so much!"
    "It's okay, Cheolyong. I've heard from Sanghyuk. It's okay."
    Mir pulled back, looking back and forth between Seungho and Sanghyuk. When his eyes met Sanghyuk, the younger werewolf nodded his head in confirmation.
    "What do I miss here?" Mir muttered slowly, his eyes narrowing dangerously as he stared up at Sanghyuk. "You owe me an explanation."
    "There is a lot to tell." Sanghyuk started. He held his hand out to Mir which Mir took almost spontaneously. He smirked and didn't let go when Mir made to pull away once the MBLAQ maknae realized his automatic reaction. "Let's start with the room next door."
    Mir looked hesitantly towards Seungho. Seungho stood up and walked a few steps forward. "Let's go Cheolyong. We have a lot to tell you."