chap 19

Dream Walker

I miss MBLAQ so so so (100x) much

 

 


"Why isn't he healing?" Jongsuk whispered closely to Sanghyuk when the young werewolves came back to Mir's room. Both of them stood near to the door while watching Seungho stayed by Mir's side, his hand palming Mir's head while his thumb Mir's brow soothingly, to assure the MBLAQ maknae that he was not alone and will never be.
    "I don't know." Sanghyuk clicked his tongue. "He is supposed to heal. We are all like that. I don't know why he is different." But then, it is not unknown that Mir's case is different. He was not pure breed, not even laboratory born.
    "Does... Werewolves got weakness like vampires?" Jongsuk tried to fish out but it only gained him suspicious look from Sanghyuk. "Oh come on, I'm not asking that to use it against you. Like you know, once vampire got hurt by pure silver, we won't heal unless someone get that silver out of our body."
    Sanghyuk looked up, tapping his chin while thinking. "I don't think so. Our only weakness are your, I mean, vampire's fangs and human."
    "Huh... And to think that we have so much weakness. That's unfair."
    "Oh and maybe it just me or wolf thingy but I... Hate cats."
    Jongsuk would have laughed if not for the situation due to Sanghyuk's serious look as he made that statement.
    "I'm worried."
    Jongsuk saw Sanghyuk never took off his eyes from Mir. "Maybe we should bring him to a doctor."
    "Did just seriously suggest that?" Jongsuk nodded and the disbelief look on Sanghyuk's  just grew. "That's stupid. I already told you about him and you want to bring him to a doctor? Seriously? You think some human doctor can treat a werewolf?"
    "Or bring a doctor to him. And who said she would be human." Jongsuk smirked and took out his phone. "Just give me a minute."
    Jongsuk turned and went out, nodded to Joon and Thunder who just came into the room in time he stepped out.
    Joon pulled Thunder with him and maneuvered their path to be the farthest from Sanghyuk and approached Seungho who was sitting by the bedside.
    "How  is he?" Joon asked in quiet voice.
    Seungho simply shook his head once, his sad eyes fixated on the unconscious maknae. 
    Thunder sat on the edge of the bed and patted Seungho's shoulder in comfort.
    "Could you do me a favor?" Seungho croaked out, voice cracking.
    "What is it, hyung?" Thunder asked back, as gentle as he could.
    "Check on Byunghee for me. I'll just stay here until I'm sure he's okay." Seungho asked and ran his thumb repetitively over Mir's thick brow.
    Joon and Thunder exchanged a glance before Thunder stood up. "I'll go." He offered and went out of the room.
    "Everything is going to be just fine, hyung. You'll see." Joon take Thunder's spot just now and let his hand massaged Seungho's slump shoulder.
    "I know. I know he'll get through this. I know they will. They are strong."
    It surprised Joon how confident Seungho was as he uttered those sentences. Was it fake? Was it real? It seemed, pure. The faith seemed pure but he couldn't be sure. Maybe it was just him not knowing much about things that had been going on but even then, Mir was heavily injured and GO looked like he had slipped into a coma, both no longer reacting to their surrounding and was deep in their own dream, but Seungho... Seungho was still keeping so much faith. Or maybe he just couldn't understand it anymore. He couldn't understand the extend of the bond between them. The strength and faith that the build their bond. After all, he had fallen out of this bond that used to be part of him.
    


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

"Hello my lady Subin." Jongsuk welcomed the presence of a tall girl with milky white skin, an almost a model perfection with a smile on his face.
    "Strange you're here in this time of the year." Subin leaned in to hug Jongsuk in a friendly manner. "Usually, you would enjoy a long holiday in the middle of nowhere in the sea on your favorite yacht."
    "Well, life isn't fun without little surprises here and there. I found some stray puppies so I brought them home."
    Subin angled up her brow. "Puppies? I'm not a vet, Jongsuk."
    "And here I thought you could read mind." Jongsuk chuckled. "Come in, I need you to look at someone. He's injured. A stab wound."
    Subin followed Jongsuk upstair. "I don't read mind, Jongsuk." Subin's eyes turned purple, unlike the usual glowing red like the ones belong to Jongsuk. "I manipulate them. I erase them."
    "I feel that it might come in use one of these days." Jongsuk shrugged, pushing open the door and was not surprised when Subin scrunched her nose and revealed her fangs threateningly at the first sight of Sanghyuk who did the same to her.
    "She's a friend and he's a friend." Jongsuk pushed the small of Subin's back until she was inside the room despite the female vampire wouldn't divert her purple eyes from Sanghyuk. "She's the doctor. So stop with the hostility and show some respect." Only after that, Sanghyuk stopped growling and stepped back, like a domino effect, even Subin calmed down and smoothen her appearance to be an ordinary human.
    "So, you mean this big wolf when you said puppies." Subin blinked. "But you said puppies. How many of them and where are the others? And human? Why are they here?" She sniffed the air. "There are more. What is going on here?" She turned inquiringly to Jongsuk.
    "Why don't you go and do your job first?" Jongsuk tilted his head, gesturing for Subin to continue.
    Subin let out a defeated sigh and went to the bed, feeling the fear of one of the human towards her while the other was just anxious for the injured one, barely even noticing how close she was. "May I?" Subin asked politely, for some reason, feeling respect sprouting at the sight of the man holding the hand of the injured one. Maybe because he was not afraid of her, not even knowing what she was.
    "Yeah, sure." Seungho pulled back, while Joon had already standing way at the corner of the room, far from the night creatures.
    Subin take her time, examining the level of Mir's responses, the wound, the overall status of the young man and now she was confused. "What is he?" She whispered in question. The wound was healing fast, unlike those of human but at the same time, it was too slow to be considered having supernatural element, from the look of it, she had to do something or this boy might bleed out to death although, the liquid seal was helping. It was a nice touch. Seemed like something brilliant. She shook her head. For now, she would just suture the wound after making sure no vital organ was hit.
    Finishing with her job, she threw all the bloodied gauze inside a yellow plastic and the blood stained utensils she used into a container with sterilizing liquid.
    "How did you do that?" Sanghyuk asked.
    Subin pulled away and smiled softly when Seungho went back to Mir's side almost immediately. "Did what?"
    "You are vampire aren't you? Although he is a werewolf but his blood still blood. How can you resist all the blood-" Sanghyuk was stopped by Jongsuk's nudge and when Jongsuk gestured towards Joon, only then he realized his words was too much for that human to accept. 
    "We owe him and that other one an explanation." Jongsuk reminded. "Seeing Seungho now, I doubt he would explain."
    Sanghyuk sighed. "You're right."
    "Or..." Subin interrupted. "I can always erase their memories if you want to."
    "Save that for later, Subin. We might need it but not now." Jongsuk, let his eyes went to Joon. "Hey, you there. We need to talk-"
    A shout from the room next door stopped them abruptly. All in the room, except unconscious Mir changed a nervous glance.
    "That's Sanghyun's voice." Joon announced and Seungho was the one running to the next door first.
    "BYUNGHEE!"