chap 21

Dream Walker

*DOUBLE UPDATES*

 

 

Subin pulled away, breathing heavily.
    "What is it?" Sanghyuk questioned, a bit freaked out at Subin's sudden antic.
    Right after Subin had managed to stop Mir's bleeding and fix the torn stitches, the girl looked like she was put under spell as she stared at Mir with her violet eyes grows brighter and she was there, in that position for like 10 minutes until just now, she reacted and now was looking quite tired.
    "I have never seen such things before." Subin managed between her heavy breathing.
    "Seen what? What did you see? What are you talking abo-" Sanghyuk's noisy mouth was being shut by Subin's palm against his lips.
    "You're so noisy." Subin clicked her tongue. "I saw the inside of this guy's mind." She tilted her head slightly towards Mir who was now sleeping in peace on the couch in the living room. 
    "Hmm Offm Ufm Fhemmm?"
    "Huh?" Subin pulled his hand away, frowning at Sanghyuk.
    "What do you mean?" Sanghyuk repeated his question now that nothing was blocking him.
    "It is nothing I can explain to be honest." Subin stared down at Mir. He looked peaceful now, with a little smile on his lips. "Their minds are connected in a way... I have never seen such thing. It almost like... Telepathy or something." She stood up. "Come with me."
    Sanghyuk frowned but still tailing after Subin but stopped halfway as he threw a worried glance at Mir before turning to Joon and Thunder who was still huddled at the corner, looking lost and confused and scared.
    "I am not asking if I have other choice but whatever in your head, put it aside. Keep a watch over him." Sanghyuk barked his order, turning to follow Subin but once again stopped. "And I won't leave you be if you try to kidnap him."
    Thunder seemed to snap at that last sentence. "Who is kidnapping who here?" All the while Joon trying to calm Thunder who was acting out of his character.
    Sanghyuk rolled his eyes and went ahead towards Subin who was waiting for him at the end of the stairs.
    "You don't have to be that hostile to them." Subin mentioned as they continued their way towards GO's bedroom.
    "I don't like them." Sanghyuk mumbled. "It's vague but I can tell Cheolyong was once hurt by them. I didn't notice it at first but then. I guess it is just an instinct."
    "What? You can enter someone's mind too?"
    "No. Like I said, it's just an instinct. Cheolyong is part of my pack after all."
    "Werewolves are strange thing."
    "You're the one to talk."
    Subin chuckled, her hand on the doorknob as she said, "Point taken." before opening it to the sight Jongsuk craddling Seungho in his arms. As her violet eyes locked with Jongsuk's ruby ones, she smirked, "He'll wake up right about-"
    Seungho woke up with a jolt, standing right up, almost stumbling behind if not for Jongsuk's grip on his arm to stabilize him.
    "-now." Subin finished.
    "Wha- What was that?" Seungho shook his head trying to regain his composure as he was still very much feeling the ground he was stepping on swaying and rocking and trying to knock him down.
    "It just a shared dream between you three. I believe both of them feel the same too." Subin explained, although that wasn't really an explanation for either Jongsuk and Sanghyuk or maybe even Seungho. "What is it between the three of you?" Subin asked raising one brow.
    Seungho was not sure what Subin expected from him. "What do you mean?"
    "There is something between you guys..." Subin trailed off, now tilting her head slightly. "That dream was not something common. Hell, I have never seen something like that."
    Seungho turned his gaze towards GO on the bed. There was something in his eyes. Something Subin had witnessed only very rarely in her hundred years of life. A pure unconditional affection. So that what was it. Was it trust? Was it love? Was it respect? Was it all of them?
    "It must be because we want to protect each other." Seungho whispered, his eyes glued to GO and lit up when GO started to stir up.
    GO held his head. He stood up and closed his ears with both his palms. His eyes squeezed shut and opened again as his red orbs darted everywhere in a quick motion before he shut his eyelids tight again.
    "Byunghee."
    "Let him. He's getting use to his new senses. His eyesight sharpened hundred times more, his hearing too, even his smelling sensation. He'll take a minute to get used to it." Jongsuk pulled Seungho farther from Jongsuk and went to fetch something from his room. He came back with 3 bag of blood and he dropped it onto GO's laps. "Drink these."
    GO's fangs came down, piercing the bag of blood and devoured the content in hunger that Seungho found himself looking away from the sight. Until all three were emptied into his stomach, only then, GO was calm again, his chest still heaving but the chaos look in his eyes had settled down.
    "Seungho?" GO called out, reaching one hand to his bestfriend. 
    Wasting no time, Seungho ran to GO and gathered the latter into a tight embrace as if to never let go again. If only he didn't let go that night, GO would have not turn into this existence.
    "What monster have I become?"
    His voice was broken and in turn, it broke Seungho's heart...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Leo leaned back to his leather seat. His fingers drumming the table and his lips pressed together, his brows creased in worries as he listened to his right hand man, N as he called, reporting the situation.
    As the increasingly dire the situation was described to him, the alpha's lips pressed into thinner line although other than that and his restless drumming fingers, his overall seemed so calm no one could interpret what was in his mind.
    "And so, the rogue had been gathered in Southern part?" Leo concluded.
    "Most of them. Yea, they are moving towards Southern. Actually, it seems to be centering in Seoul." N explained.
    "What about our packs?"
    "I met Nara and she said, the rate of lab-born the most only 2 born in 1 week. We can never gather enough forces against the vampires. And they are still creating rogues every night. We send few of us to get rid those before they completely turn. But it hard to detect them. They had been making rogues at random pace and place. Last time we get rid quite a lot thanks to the incomplete wolf. He is quite a good vampire detector. Not to mention how good of a vampire-killing machine he is."
    "Nara said he's dead."
    "Yea. I just got to know about it this morning I came back."
    "We're not going to breed something we know is going to die. It's no different than murder. We're not cruel."
    "Understand, boss." N bit his lips, knowing how Leo was always on the justice side. Leo might seemed to be empty of feeling but he cared about those around him, even those not around him. People might think it just his instinct as an alpha to protect others, human and especially his pack but N had always thought it was because Leo have a kind heart.
    "Our total number?" Leo inquired.
    "For now, there are 20 of us only. Only one third of them."
    "Sanghyuk's pack?"
    "Pardon?"
    Leo blinked exactly once before he repeated. "Sanghyuk's pack?"
    "Sanghyuk doesn't have a pack though."
    "He does. He is an alpha. He will if he still haven't." Leo leaned back, he interlocked both his hands together. "Find him and ask him if he is in this with us."
    "Okay boss."

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Mir woke up tired and in pain. The dream was vague and he couldn't remember all but he felt slight relieve in his suffocation. Mir moved slightly, groaning at the pain he felt over the wound on his waist. He waited for a while,  adusting himself before using both his hands to push himself up until he was half sitting on the couch.
    He almost gave up though since his limbs were shaky and too weak to carry his weight when he felt a pair of strong arms hooked under his arms and pulled him up. A strong move but gentle at the same time.
    Mir tilted his head above him and was met with Joon's smiling face as the older pulled back and walked around to sit on the floor next to the couch Mir was resting on.
    "How are you?"
    Mir shrugged. "It looks like I should be the one asking that to you." 
    Joon chuckled but his eyes were weary and tired. "Not so good."
    "Same." Mir simply said, eyes wandering before landed on Thunder who was curled up on the single armchair, looking like a sleeping cat.
    "How long was I out?"
    "It's night already."
    "The whole day?"
    Joon affirmed with a nod.
    "While I was out, what do you get to know?"
    Joon raised his shoulder once but didn't say anything.
    "Do you want to know?" Joon was still quiet, but his eyes stabbed deep into Mir's soft brown orbs. "Why didn't you ask then?" That question had made Joon retreat, letting his gaze fall on the floor instead. "Hyung." Mir called out, expecting the older to look up but when he didn't, Mir resorted to lift Joon's face by his chin. "What's wrong?"
    "Do you..." Joon sighed, tugging his chin away from Mir's fingers and let his head hung low again. "Do you hate me, Cheolyong?"
    Mir was definitely take aback and it showed obviously on his face with his mouth hung open and his brows in a frown. "What make you think so?"
    "I don't know. It just..."
    Mir shook his head. "Hyung. Is that really what you should ask in this situation? I believe you have seen more than enough but why ask such thing instead?"
    "Why can't you answer me then?" Joon pestered.
    Mir once again cupped Joon's chin, gently tugging until their eyes locked. "If you want the truth... No, I don't hate you. I was hurt. I was still hurt because I miss the old time so much sometimes it just unbearable. When I remembered those days when we were just like a real family, all five of us, it bring smile to my face but second after, I found myself crying. Hatred? No. Hurt? Yes. Does that answer your question?"
    "Are you still hurt?"
    Mir nodded. "But it mostly the dull ache that I know will never heal but I like it. It meant I still keep you and Sanghyun hyung in my heart. You know, hyung. We got hurt and we got mad because we love you. If we don't, we won't even care."
    Joon smiled softly, taking Mir's hand that was still cupping his chin and squeezed it affectionately. "I might not be good at expressing myself but I missed you guys too."
    "It's okay, hyung. We know. We know your way and we still love you for it."
    Joon was touched. Because Mir didn't say 'I', instead the maknae phrased it as 'We' which meant something. It meant everything to him.
    "Got more question now that we cleared that up?"
    Joon nodded, taking his time to arrange his words. "The things that happened. I think I know but it just bits and pieces. I can't seem to understand the whole story."
    Mir pursed his lips, not it was his turn to squeeze Joon's hand that were still holding his. "Now, hyung. Wake Sanghyun hyung up. I'll tell you all that I know."