chap 23

Dream Walker

Mir went back into the room. He observed the surrounding and realized Thunder had calmed down a bit and now was leaning against the wall, a bit far from the bed, but he was quiet now and had a contemplating look on his face.
    Seungho and GO was still the same. Sitting on the bed in each other's arms with GO still very much vaguely trembling.
    Jongsuk who came back in just right after Mir spoke up, "Seungho, Byunghee, follow me." He instructed. "You too, Sanghyuk." Sanghyuk pointed to himself when his name was mention and Jongsuk nodded once. Sanghyuk didn't waste time as he trotted out of the room, waiting just outside in the hallway. 
    Seungho stood up from the bed but GO tugged on his hand and his step died. "Why?" GO asked suspiciously. 
    "I'm going to teach you how to handle your situation now." Jongsuk explained. "It will take time but we have all the time in world."
    "Why are you helping me?" GO kept asking.
    Jongsuk exchanged a glance with Seungho. "Because I never want this to happen to me too. Come." He beckoned with slight tilt of his head and walked past Subin, glancing at the lady who nodded at him in affirmation and left the room.
    GO shook Seungho's hand slightly, looking up helplessly at the leader.
    It was not often Seungho did this because GO was the same age with him but he couldn't deny GO looked younger right now, almost the same level as their adorable maknae and ruffled the main vocalist's hair.
    GO flinched, also not used being treated like a kid by Seungho despite acting immaturely most of the time when he was feeling mischievous with the maknae. He looked dumbfounded as he held his now wildly tousled hair from Seungho's affectionate ruffle that cause the latter to laugh slightly at him despite the situation.
    "Let's go. He's alright." Seungho gave his friend the verification the latter wordlessly requested.
    GO looked hesitant but nodded anyway and let Seungho pulled him up from the bed and walked towards the door where Mir and Subin were standing at.
    "Are you coming with us?" GO asked towards Mir whom seemed to have fallen back a few steps to created distance between him and GO. GO tried not to look  hurt knowing the fear in Mir's heart, the fear of hurting him while he was still not in control over the wolf in his.
    "It's okay, hyung. I'll stay." Mir offered a cute smile that always made his eyes turned crescent shape.
    GO couldn't help but smiled back, nodding and walked away with Seungho.
    Now, left with Subin and Thunder, Mir turned to Subin who tilted her chin upwards slightly, gesturing him to approach Thunder. Mir let out a breath before arranging steps towards Thunder but his heart wavered when halfway, Thunder moved and looked up to him blankly.
    Mir turned back but Subin was there, nodding her head firmly.
    Left with no choice he turned around again and continued his way to Thunder. "Hi, hyung." He greeted awkwardly.
    Thunder's brow slowly pulled together as his eyes glued to Mir.
    Mir would have expect anything but was never this. He never expect Thunder raising both arms only to pinch on his cheeks, pulling his cheeks and Thunder leaned down slightly to Mir's height as he inspect Mir's teeth, from what the younger guessed.
    "Hwaa ha uu whoi?" Mir struggled slightly until Thunder released his cheeks and rubbed on the reddened skin there. But it was not quite finish yet when Thunder now cupped his face and Thunder's long thumbs pushing his eyebrow up, causing his already large eyes to open bigger. "Yah, hyung! Stop it. What are you doing?" Mir flailed around, trying to swat away Thunder's offending hands.
    This time, Thunder did stop and the older man sighed. "You don't look like them at all."
    "Huh?"
    "Your teeth, your eyes."
    "Urm... That's because I haven't transformed yet."
    Thunder glared at Mir. "Really? Then transformed now. Prove it. I want to see."
    Mir frowned. What other proves Thunder needed? Everything was so clear cut.
    "I need to see again." Thunder whispered.
    Oh. So he saw but he didn't believe it, or rather more like don't want to believe what his two eyes had witnessed. "It's useless to show anything if you still don't want to believe it."
    "Then you won't show me?"
    Mir sighed. "Hyung. I'm not exactly like them. I can't control this yet. I can't just change whenever I want."
    "That is just excuse, Cheolyong. You can't change because you  are not like them. They lied to you."
    "I wish it was a lie too." Mir mumbled sadly. "What about Byunghee hyung? You saw him. You saw his eyes."
    To that, Thunder opened and closed his mouth but no words came out. Mir didn't even know that Thunder had been attacked by GO. He was not conscious when that happened. Meanwhile for Thunder, he tried his best to forget what had happened, pushing those to the back of his mind and pretend they weren't real.
    "Hyung." Mir took both Thunder's hand. "Listen to me well." Mir contemplated a bit, chewing the inside of his cheeks, wanting to say a lot of thing but in the end, it would just complicate the situation and just worsen the mess in poor Thunder's head. 
    Thunder and Joon was not supposed to get entangled in this. He couldn't be selfish. So, Mir chose to look over his shoulder and gestured Subin to be ready  before he turned back to the taller man. 
    "Hyung." He called out again, this time his full-blast sunshine smile was on.
    "What?" Thunder recognized the look in Mir's eyes. There was mischief there.
    Mir tip toed and left a loud smooch on Thunder's chubby cheeks and laughed at the scrunched up disgusted look the taller man pulled. He had always enjoy these kind of reaction from his hyungs for his show of affection like kissing or biting or hugging, whatever option there to show he was fond of them. He was not hurt because he knew his show of affection was not exactly normal but then again, nothing about him was ever normal so he push it on until the hyung can do nothing but grumbling their complaint and later found themselves already used to Mir's way although Mir saw they were kind of having fun as well messing around with him. How he missed those moments... "I love you hyung." He said and went closer to hug Thunder.
    Wasn't given time to answer, Thunder slumped against Mir as Subin held Thunder's head from behind Mir, her violet eyes staring into Thunder's eyes before they were closed into a deep sleep.
    "It's done." Subin whispered once Thunder was unconscious.
    Mir nodded against Thunder's shoulder but his arms tightened around Thunder's waist, supporting Thunder's whole weight easily. "I'll miss you, hyung." Mir whispered close to Thunder's ears, closing his eyes, unwilling for his tears to fall.
    "Let's go to the other one."
    Mir gave a last squeeze on Thunder's limp body before maneuvering the taller until he was on Mir's back and Mir piggyback Thunder out of the room, down the stairs and to the living room where Joon was sitting on the couch, spacing out and have a look in his eyes that Mir never fond off. It was the look whenever Joon was hurt, in pain and want nothing but to be left alone.
    "Hyung." Mir called quietly and waited as Joon turned his empty gaze to Mir. 
    It looked like Joon was taking his time registering what he saw and his almond eyes widened as he shot up from the couch. "Is he okay? Sanghyun-ah? Are you okay?" Joon shook Thunder's limp body that slumped over Mir like rug but was relieved when the younger stirred a bit and buried his face in Mir's nape, sleeping.
    "Help me put him down." Mir asked and Joon did as the maknae asked.
    Once Thunder was let down on the couch, the tall man his side and curled the way he usually did when he had a nap.
    "Hyung." Mir turned to Joon. "Sit. I have something to say to you."
    With a confused look in his eyes, Joon still obeyed and sat in the single armchair since Thunder had occupied the long couch. He was slightly surprised when Mir kneeled in front of him. Mir reached out to hold his hand and it made him flinch.
    Mir noticed that. Mir noticed the fear Joon have towards him but he ignored it and took Joon's hands in his. After all, this would be the last time he would be able to touch this two treasured friend of his and stay close to them.
    "Hyung. I just want you to know that, Byunghee hyung and me are still ourselves despite the changes. I don't want you to fear us." Mir started. "Because we love you and we would cut our own limbs first before we hurt you."
    Joon bit his lips. Mir was looking up on him with sad eyes, eyes that never failed to made Joon's heart clenched in pain and guilt. He knew he was not as stable as any other people. He was sensitive and he get hurt easily. Maybe that was why sometimes he couldn't tolerate Mir who was an opposite to him, loud and carefree and seemed to never get hurt, and end up hurting the maknae at the spur of moment. And he always regretted it.
    Joon didn't even know why Mir still insist to have him as friend.
    "Hyung. I'm sorry for everything. I know how you are but you also know me, right? I am not exactly in control of myself, of my words, of my actions that I always unintentionally hurt you."
    "That is supposed to be my line, Cheolyong."
    Mir chuckled. He stood up and bowed over to peck on Joon's cheek. And it always tickled him the look of surprised on Joon's face before the older looked down, embarrassed more than annoyed. "You are special hyung. That's why people love you. Just as I do." Mir said that and straightened up as he stepped aside and let Subin towering over Joon who looked up in frown.
    Mir was made to let Joon's hand go but the older gripped on his wrist, pulling until the bracelet Mir had always wore slipped off of Mir's wrist and Joon fall asleep with the accessory in his clench.
    "What do we do now?" Mir asked as he watched Joon sleeping on the armchair, head fall to his side.
    "We send them back home."
    "Okay..."
    Send them back to their world. The world that Mir no longer belong to. 
    "I can do it for you." Subin took a hold of Mir's shoulder. "You can go to them. I know you want to. Jongsuk probably took them to the back of the house."
    Mir just nodded, deciding to leave everything in Subin's hand knowing if he got more involved than this, he could not let his hyungs go.
    Mir felt his steps heavy as he left knowing this would be the last time he would be together with Joon and Thunder. It hurt even more than when Joon and Thunder walked away from MBLAQ because this time it was him walking out on them. And this time, it was different. Because he was walking out of their life. And the pain of longing now no longer a dull ache in the background but it was in a full blown shearing pain...
    ...Of his longing heart.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

Seungho and GO stood in silence as they stared on the ground. Jongsuk and Sanghyuk wondered what was in their mind, maybe too much it became messy or maybe it just empty like a blank sheet.
    There was no telling even by looking into their eyes.
    "So..." Jongsuk started after too long of silence he was getting uncomfortable, looking around in the dark surrounding lit-up only by the outdoor lamps Jongsuk personally chose to decorate his luxurious bungalow.
    "What are we going to do here?" GO asked, looking up, unfazed.
    Jongsuk blinked, exchanging a glance with Sanghyuk who looked just as dumbfounded. Jongsuk had told about Mir's plan towards Joon and Thunder. But GO really looked unaffected, totally the opposite of Mir. Or maybe it was GO's way to cope? Apparently it was the later, as Jongsuk saw the sad look Seungho threw at GO.
    "Urm... I just want you to get used to the sharpen senses of yours." Jongsuk explained after shaking his head back to focus. "It's dark, so it's best to get used to it now."
    "How  so?" GO inquired.
    Okay... So they were really going to pretend that Jongsuk hadn't said anything about Joon and Thunder. Jongsuk threw his gaze at Sanghyuk whom merely shrugged unknowingly, didn't even look the least interested. With a sigh, he took a step forwards. "Race him in the woods."
    Sanghyuk smirked, standing beside GO. "I warned you, I am one of the fastest among the wolves." He side glanced at GO. "Catch me if you can."
    GO's eyes glowed bright red and he vanished just right after Sanghuk disappeared, leaving only gust of wind behind.
    "Now you." Jongsuk turned to Seungho.
    "Are they going to be okay?" Seungho asked before Jongsuk could continue with his so called teaching session.
    "Yea. It's not a real forest. It's part of my private property. Plus, Sanghyuk is good-"
    "Not them." Seungho cut Jongsuk off and pressed, "Them."
    "Oh." Jongsuk made a small noise. "Oh." He nedded slowly. So this guy are not pretending like he hadn't said anything. "Sure. They'll be fine."
    "Are they going to forget all about us?" There was sort of sadness swirled inside those eyes but Seungho didn't let anyone in easily.
    "Not all. From what I understand, Subin manipulate the last few weeks only. So they would think they never in contact with any of you guys for quite a long time already."
    "And then?"
    "And then they will just move on with their life."
    "Is this how it is going to be. We just disappeared?"
    Jongsuk blinked slowly before a sheepish grin crept on his lips. "Oh yeah. We're going to kill you guys."
    "Huh?"
    "Not right away. You guys can go back to your family and spend some time with them. But sooner or later, you are going to have to leave forever. And..." Jongsuk hesitated. "As for Cheolyong, he would continue to stay and we will forged his death right away since he is already police's target. After that, you guys can live under new identification. But we have to move a lot."
    "I don't think I'll be able to leave if I go back to my family."
    Jongsuk stared at Seungho sympathetically. "I said this before, Seungho. You still have a choice."
    Seungho stared back at Jongsuk. "I said this before also, I have made my choice." He dropped his gaze. "Just kill me or whatsoever."
    Jongsuk chuckled. "You don't have to be in such a rush. You and Byunghee got a lot of time at hand. Only Cheolyong-"
    "I guess I'm just that unfortunate, huh.." Mir intruded in the conversation and dragged his injured body towards Seungho with outstretched arms. "Hyung~ I need a hug." Mir whined and went to burrowed himself into Seungho's willing embrace.
    Seungho put his arms around Mir carefully knowing the younger's injury. "It's okay Cheolyong." Seungho cooed, using one hand to pet Mir's dark hair.
    "It's not okay." Mir pulled away, playfully narrowed his eyes at Seungho. "You spent too much time on Umma you forgot about your cute little baby here."
    "Okay... You're not going to start roleplaying." Seungho laughed and pinched on Mir's nose, watching with adoration how Mir scrunched up his face in response. "I guess, you don't want to talk about it?"
    Mir shrugged. "Nah. I'd rather it just ends this way. No more words. No more anything."
    "You still got us."
    "I know." Mir smiled at Seungho. "And I have decided. If I can't be with them, I can watch over them." Mir turned his attention to Jongsuk. "Would that be a problem?"
    "No. Not at all. It's your right."
    Mir smiled again but it faltered a bit. "It's going to hurt for a long time, but it will get better." He whispered to himself. "Oh, by the way, where is Byunghee hyung? Oh and Sanghyuk?"
    "In the woods." Jongsuk answered for Seungho.
    "What were they doing?" Mir raised one brow.
    "Getting used to the new self. And you. You will spend a time with Subin. She's good in control and what you need most, is control."
    "Subin?"
    Jongsuk nodded. "And Seungho, you will come with me."
    Mir threw a questioning glance at Seungho who shrugged in response. "He's trying to land me a job as vampire slayer."
    Mir's jaw almost hit the ground as he stared up at Seungho. "You're not serious."
    "Do I look like I'm joking?" Seungho wiggled his brows with a soft laugh. "You know, I can't let only both of you being the strong one. I can't lag behind as the leader, can I?"
    "But, you are always the strongest among us."
    "I am not sure if that is how it is now, Cheolyong. Don't worry. I won't do anything dangerous."
    Mir narrowed his eyes at Seungho.
    "Okay. I will not do anything more than dangerous than I already did? Is that okay?"
    "Hmm... I guess so." Mir hesitated.
    "If you don't want me to leave, then you have to let me do this."
    Mir let out a sigh escaped his small lips. "Arasso."
    Seungho ruffled Mir's hair and followed Jongsuk but not before Jongsuk told Mir, "Subin will join you later after she finished, and tell her to give Byunghee the ring."
    "The ring?"
    "She'll understand."
    Mir didn't question anymore, simply watched as Jongsuk and Seungho went back inside the building before turning back to face the dark forest. Mir's eyes turned cold and he bare his teeth.
    "Shall I see for myself first."