Chapter 39

The Idol Marriage Life [EDITED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've never felt so scared like this before. It was like those faces that surrounded me, touched me, screamed my name, were preparing to take away my happiness. They seemed to be ready to disarm me, wipe me out of the earth and take something that is most precious from me yet I don’t know what it is. He, they, whose voices sound so faint that becoming so real. Please… please erase this from my memory.

.

.

“Lisa, gwenchana? Lisa please wake up!”

Lisa half-consciously tried to open her eyes and found Rose’s worried face trying to wake her up. She looked so frightened that her tears began to fall.

Lisa knew that people were beginning to crowd around her even though she couldn’t look at their faces one by one. She herself wasn't sure what was happening to her, but one thing for sure, she felt so weak and difficult to move.

“Lisa can you hear me?! Chaeng please move, I’m gonna lift her” a guy who was one of the Blackpink staff swiftly hugged her body and lifted her in his arms.

That moment coincided with Lisa finding blood as she touched her thigh which was wrapped in the black trousers she was wearing.

“Andwae… oppa andwae”

Her weak voice was now followed by tears on her face. Her chest immediately became so tight and her world turned dark. Lisa wanted to howl, to ask anyone who’s nearby to help her save her baby. She was very sure that the blood she found came from the baby she was carrying.

“Gwenchana Lili, we’ll go to the hospital now” The guy nervously said, “EVERYBODY PLEASE MOVE!!”

He shouted loudly to break the crowd, making people automatically make way for him while Chaengyoung ran after him with cellphone attached to her ear.

There’s only one name that immediately comes to her mind; Kim Taehyung.

“I NEED AMBULANCE RIGHT NOW!! Please MOVE!!”

Lisa could only close her eyes helplessly. Her hands gripped the man's shirt even tighter when the fear grew bigger as she felt extreme pain in her lower abdomen.

Taehyung, she really needs her husband now. Lisa felt she wouldn’t survive without him.

“Chaeng you stay here with her”

“…” Chaengyoung nodded at the man's orders before catching up with Lisa who had been secured on a medical bed into the ambulance.

Park Chaengyoung was so scared. She could even feel her body tremble to see the blood that had now flowed to the tip of Lisa’s feet. Swiftly she took her hand and tried to calm her.

“Lili gwenchana?”

“Chaeng, please save my baby, please”

Her heart sank at the sound of her best friend’s heartbreaking weak voice. “The baby will be fine, Lili. You shouldn’t worry about that”

Lie. Rose knows the sentence she just said is not true because she herself is not sure about the baby. But as a friend, the only thing she needed to do at this moment was to calm her down even though she herself was extremely panicked and had no idea.

She was unlucky because she had to face this all alone, remembering her two sisters were somewhere that couldn’t be found when the accident occurred.

“My baby, please save my baby. I won’t lose my baby, Chaeng. Please…”

.

.

Seoul National University Hospital

It didn't take long for Taehyung to arrive at the hospital shortly after Rose called him and told about his wife's accident. He who had just finished the dance practice immediately got up and ran to the car followed by JK and Jimin who automatically followed him because they were sure something had happened judging from the change in his facial expression as he received a call. Tae even left the building barefoot because he panicked.

“Where is she?!” He ran to Rose who was standing in front of the operating room door with Jennie and Jisoo stood next to her.

“She was just brought in” Jisoo answered him

“I need to see her now” he almost opened the operating room door if only Jimin didn't hold him.

“Taehyung-ah”

“Let me go! I need to see my wife now, SHE NEEDS ME!” He screamed his heart out. His face began to turn red holding back anger and fear while his breath was still panting.

“Yya, KIM TAEHYUNG!” Jimin snapped him, “YOU HEAR ME OUT!”

Still breathing hard, he stared intently at his best friend who had now-imprisoned him on the wall, forcing him to listen.

“I know you’re scared, but we’re in a public space right now” Jimin softened

“I DON’T ING CARE!!”

“YOU MUST CARE !” Jimin shouted back with his hand gripping the collar of his shirt, automatically making the maknae move to hold him.

“Hyung”

“Stop being selfish and careless, Tae. You’re not alone in this room. See the girls right there, and us, and people surround you”

Jimin cast his gaze after releasing his grip. Luckily there was no one besides them in the waiting room. There were only one or two nurses who accidentally passed by and they certainly didn’t care much about the noise they just created.

“You might just make people notice of our presence and you certainly don't want to be the last person to see your wife, right?”

Jimin was right and that made Taehyung soften. His tension vanished instantly, replaced by a frustrated face that this time was implied on his face.

Taehyung felt very scared and hopeless. He doesn't want to lose the person he loves the most. He doesn't want her to get hurt. He doesn’t want to lose the baby when they begin to accept her/his presence and love the baby wholeheartedly. Taehyung was extremely scared.

“Please control yourself, Tae”

Before he could answer him, the operating room door suddenly opened and a doctor in a surgical suit appeared with a nurse walking after him. They all automatically swarmed the doctors with worried faces.

“Lalisa family is here?” The doctor calmly asked

Without command Taehyung takes a step forward to show himself before the doctor, “I’m her husband”

“Please follow me inside”

The atmosphere changed increasingly tense as the doctor invited Taehyung into the room and left the rest in uncertainty.

“Gwenchana Chaeng, jinjja gwenchana” (it’s okay, Rose. It will be alright) JK reflexively took Rose into his arms as she began to cry bitterly.

.

.

While in the operating room, Taehyung was unable to cover up his sadness when the doctor explained his wife's current condition. His tears spilled as he said the baby couldn’t survive. They were forced to do a curette because Lisa miscarried and lost a lot of blood.

Fortunately, the operation went well and her condition was stable even though she still had to be in the observation room for the next two hours.

“I’m sorry for your loss, Mr. Kim” The doctor expressed his condolences to the broken man before him.

“Does it mean we might not have another baby?” Taehyung asked

“Of course not, Mr. Kim. Your wife is still young and the condition of her uterus is very good. You can program your child as soon as she’s stable”

Ah, such good news. Taehyung finally could breathe in relief. Well, at least there’s still a glimmer of hope in the midst of their sorrow.

“Really doc?”

The old man nodded and smiled, “I’m pretty sure about that, but now let her recover first. Your wife might experience trauma, and that's where you are needed”

“But she didn't have a serious injury, did she?”

Ah, he almost forgot about his wife's condition, maybe she had a broken bone or bleeding in her internal organs, and that of course, makes him panic again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter