Chapter 31

The Idol Marriage Life [EDITED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taelice Apartment, Seoul

 

This is absolutely not an easy thing for Taehyung and Lisa to live a married life like other couples do in general. As husband and wife, they barely meet. Even if they could, they could only spend a few hours together before returning to busy with their respective schedules.

There are times when they missed each other and secretly wish they weren’t idols. If only they were just a pair of normal young adults in their 20s who were free to express their feelings without fear of being judged or blasphemed.

If only they could live a normal life where they didn’t have to travel around the world, practice from time to time and being followed by dozens of paparazzi and fans wherever they go.

Sometimes, it makes them tired, both physically and mentally. But unfortunately, they can’t do anything.

Both have no choice but to be patient and believe that someday everything will get better. At this time, they really have to try to hold back their ego and remain supportive among the longing that sometimes doesn’t want to budge, as has happened lately.

It has been almost a week Taehyung stayed in the dorm due to his very tight schedules; new album comeback, kick-off The Trilogy Episode III Wings concert preparations which only days away, and also filming Hwarang drama which extremely drained his energy.

Meanwhile, Lisa’s activities didn’t help either. Blackpink was also scheduled to release a new comeback single in July where the preparations have begun since now, plus extra gigs they need to do to gain more popularity.

Well, this is what actually bothered her mind all night. The conversation she had with Irene last night reverberated in her mind.

After repeatedly thinking about it, it seemed like she began to find the truth in the words she spoke honestly. And that’s what made her tears slowly spill as she Taehyung’s soft hair as he was still peacefully sleeping on the bed.

Her eyes then wandered to his feet where there were some bruises which she believed were the result of endless dance practice or maybe filming. For some reason, it makes her sad and feels guilty.

“I’m sorry, oppa”

 

Flashback

“Lili, Irene sunbaenim is waiting for you outside, she wants to talk to you”

Lisa who had just changed her costume and hung it back to the closet was a bit surprised to hear her best friend mention the name she most didn’t want to hear. She looked at her and found Chaeyoung transfixed with a worried expression on her face.

“You know.. I can tell her that you’re busy or something”

“No need” Lisa cut her off before tapping her shoulder lightly, “… don’t worry Chaeng, I’ll be okay”

“But she hates you, Lil. At least let me or manager unnie to accompany you, oh?”

Lisa let a small laugh at the words she considered a bit excessive. Well, actually it wasn’t Chaeng’s fault if she behaved like that, because all three Blackpink members already knew how Bae Irene had a very important role in Lisa and Taehyung marriage life, also how rude she is to treat Lisa. So, it’s normal for them to be protective when it comes to that girl, simply because they don’t want to see Lisa get hurt again.

“Hey, don’t worry, Chaeng. She won’t do anything to me”

“But..”

“Please tell manager unnie I won’t be long, and call me if you guys ready to leave, oh?”

Rose responded to her request with a nod, still with a worried expression on her face. But she knew her best friend could handle the situation since Lisa was mature enough to face this by herself.

“Okay”

.

.

That night both Lisa and Irene sat in a coffee shop located not too far from the artist’s waiting room. With its position, they can sit face to face while sipping two cups of tea they ordered peacefully.

None of the cameras aimed at them. Even if some people find their presence, those people are quite polite just by smiling and waving at them. And to make it better, no one is aware of the tension that enveloped them both.

 

“You did great on stage, Lisa” Irene was the one who broke the silence as she compliments the girl before her sincerely.

“Thank you”

It can be denied that Lisa initially felt uncomfortable when she learned Red Velvet’s leader who was assigned to be the host of the event. But she tried to ignore it and act like she had never existed.

What for worrying about Irene while she knows the person she should be most worried about is now fully hers.

Let me repeat one more time, “HERS”.

 

“There’s something I want to talk to you” Irene held her cup nervously, “… I’m sorry”

“Huh?” Not understanding what she meant, Lisa just looked at her confused.

“Tch, I don’t know where to start” she grinned as she bowed in shame, “… about me and Taehyung… I’m sorry to make you feel uncomfortable or might insecure”

“…” Lisa smiled at her sincere words. It was like a weight on her shoulders suddenly lifted up as she said it though she didn’t expect the girl would actually do it.

“Honestly… I was angry when I found out about your marriage. I thought that was only a joke he made to take revenge on me, as you already know that Taehyung and I never made our relationship official..”

There was a slight discomfort when Lisa found Irene’s face turned sad even though she was sure she was trying to cover it up well.

“I never thought his feelings for you turned out to be serious. This is the first time I’ve seen Taehyung so different. He looks… so protective, worried and also happy when it comes to you” Irene smiled weakly, “… at first, I hated that fact. I still insist on the thought that he’s mine. But yes, he… loves you, Lisa. That’s just me who hasn’t able to accept it”

“Sunbaenim”

Lisa couldn’t hold herself to hold Irene’s hand right after her tears spilled while her free hand reflexively gave some tissues to her.

“Geez, sorry I can’t contain myself,..” Irene said smiling as she raised her head to prevent tears from spilling back. From the beginning she knew this conversation would definitely make her emotional, it’s just she didn’t think that eventually her tears broke in front of her, “… aigoo what’s wrong with me”

“It’s alright sunbaenim” Lisa added emphasis to her grip on Irene’s hand

After making sure there were no more tears left on her face, Irene sighed and continued speaking, “So from now on, please take good care of him, Lisa. I can assure you that Taehyung will definitely make you happy. He’s so precious even though sometimes he can be overly protective, childish and annoying”

“…” Both of them smiled at her last words which were true.

“… and I’m sorry for stealing your husband, he’s all yours now”

It was the moment when Lisa was thrilled by her sincerity. She unconsciously smiled at her, “I’m the one who should apologize to you, sunbaenim..”

“Unnie, please just call me unnie, will you?”

Uh wow, another shocking moment for Lisa. It was indeed awkward for her to casually call her ‘unnie’ but she appreciates it though.

“Ah yeh, unnie”

“Nah, that sounds better” Irene sincerely said.

Weird. Actually, she felt strange finding herself being so sweet toward Lisa. She certainly didn’t plan this. She only thought of clarifying everything so that she no longer needed to think about this anymore and could immediately move on.

But apparently, the blonde-haired girl who was now sitting before her had a magical aura that made it difficult to be cold to her. Strangely again, she would even feel like a big sister who nurtures her younger siblings like what she always does to all four members. Uh oh, this is weird. No wonder Taehyung fell so easily in love with this girl.

 

“Unnie, hmm.. can I ask you something?” Lisa asked doubtfully

“Sure”

“Hmm.. may I know the reason why you didn’t accept Tae oppa’s proposal while you loved him” Lisa carefully observed the changes in Irene’s face.

She was clearly quite surprised to hear the question she had often heard, but she didn’t think Lisa would also ask this one.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to answer it, I understand. I’m sorry for being rude”

“Gwenchana,” Irene smiled, “… hmm the desire to date him actually has existed since the first time I realized that we love each other. At that time, I really wanted to make our relationship official, but I thought the time wasn’t right”

“Huh?”

Irene let out a weak smile with a blank stare that somehow made Lisa feel the sadness she felt as well.

“At that time, I just debuted and his group was just starting to crawl up. I thought it would be very selfish if I forced myself to date him. That would be detrimental to many parties, my members, s and of course Taehyung hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter