Chapter 4

The Idol Marriage Life [EDITED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

The Funeral


 

YG Entertainment HQ, Seoul

11 am

On that windy morning, four of Blackpink members were seen focusing on dance practice in one of YG studios accompanied by the CEO himself. Almost every day they spent more than 15 hours in the studio to improve their new choreography.

 

“Alright, good job girls” CEO Yang applauded proudly after Blackpink ended their first practice session before lunch break. “I’m sure you’ll be successful on this comeback” he added.

“Ah kangsahamnida sajangnim” Four of them bowed, smiling happily

“Okay, let’s have lunch first. I’ll be in my office if you need something, oh?” with that he got up from his seat and walked to the door followed by his secretary.

“Yes sajangnim, thank you”

 

Jennie and Jisoo laid their tired body to the floor once papa YG has disappeared behind the door, while the maknae line chose to sit on the comfortable black leather sofa as they took drinks and checked their phones that had been turned off since the practice session began.

 

“Oh my God”

“Wae?” Rose turned to the source of the voice next to her. She frowned confused to find Lisa covering with a shock expression.

“What’s going on, Liz?” and her unnies were asking the same question.

 

Lisa didn’t directly answer their questions. Her eyes still glued to the phone screen as she read the message sent by her mom once again.

 

Sender: My mom

Lisa, grandma kim is passed away. I’m going to Seoul now without dad ‘cos he’s working now. Do you want to come with me or not? I’ll pick you up if you want to.

 

The message was received about 4 hours ago, meaning mom may have arrived in Seoul.

 

“Lalisa what’s wrong with you? You scared me” then three of them approached their silent maknae and read the message without permission.

“Oh my God grandma kim died” she sadly said

“Grandma Kim? Nugu?” Jisoo frowned, didn’t know who Lisa was talking about.

“Grandma Kim is…” then she realized she hadn’t told her friends about Kim family and also the wedding plan. It would be a great shock for the girls if they found out that BTS V was the person she should marry with. Lisa scratched the back of her neck awkwardly, obviously trying to find a good and reasonable explanation.

“… hmm she’s my best friend’s grandmother. She’s like my own grandma” she added, made her unnies nod in unison.

 

Lisa was stunned for a moment, wondering what to do. She wanted to go there but her tight schedule made her doubt whether CEO Yang would let her go.

 

“Unnie..” she turned to Jisoo who sat next to her, “.. may I permit to go mourn?” she really hopes her members will understand and allow her to go.

“You should ask papa YG, Liz. We’re okay about it” Jisoo said

“Yeah don’t worry about us, we’ll continue practice” Rose added

“But maybe I will not be home tonight, what about our practice?” Lisa frowned, her mind was full of questions.

“Don’t worry, Liz. You’ll easily learn it since you’re the best at dancing” Jennie playfully pinched Lisa’s cheek

“Uhuh, just go dear” Rose added

Lisa was relieved to hear positive responses from her friends. Without a second thought, she immediately dialed her mom’s number.

 

“Mom where are you?” she asked after the phone is connected

“I just landed in Daegu”

“Alone? Gosh, so sorry mom, I was practiced when you called and I just read your message” she felt guilty all of sudden.

“It’s okay baby, thought you were busy so I decided to go alone. I don’t want to bother you”

“Mom I also want to go there, is that okay?”

“Sure! Come here, they will be so happy to see you. Who will you go with?” Mrs. Manoban sounded worried.

“I don’t know” she shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly though her mom couldn’t see it, “.. but how about him? He already knew it?”

Of course, she didn’t dare to mention Taehyung’s name. This room would be uproar if she did it.

“I don’t know dear, Mrs. Kim herself who told me”

“Oh alright mom, hmm I’ll call you later okay? I need to ask my CEO permission first” she stated, ending their conversation.

“Okay, bye”

 

“How?” Jennie asked once Lisa touched the red button.

“Hmm I’m going to meet sajangnim now. Wish me luck unniiee~~” she cutely said. Lalisa was full of aegyo.

“Lisa fighting!” then three of them clenched their fists to cheer Lisa.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter