Chapter 12

The Idol Marriage Life [EDITED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

Meet the family


 

Khao Takiab Funeral Complex

Hua Hin, Thailand


 

“Annyeonghaseyo aboji,”


 

Sir, I’m bit nervous ‘bout being here today

Still not real sure what I’m going to say

So bear with me please if I take up too much of your time


 

After traveling for four hours from Bangkok to Hua Hin, the couple ended up standing in front of th tomb of Lisa’s biological father. Taehyung had indeed planned to visit her father's grave since they agreed to marry. Somehow he wants to introduce himself appropriately and ask for blessings in front of his grave.


 

“Forgive us for just visiting you. I'm Taehyung, your daughter’s soon to be husband. We will get married next week, aboji. I hope you give us your blessing” Taehyung sincerely said while Lisa just lowering her head guiltily.


 

See in this box is a ring for your oldest

She's my everything and all that I know is

It would be such a relief if I knew that we were on the same side

Very soon I'm hoping that I...


 

She didn’t think the reason why he was in such a hurry was that he wanted to visit her father's grave which is far from Bangkok. It took about 4 to 5 hours to reach the burial complex located on the hill of Khao Takiab area, Hua Hin. Lisa herself didn’t think to visit her father and ask for his blessing. That’s why she felt so ashamed and guilty that she was angry with him.


 

“Daddy, I’m here. Forgive me because I rarely visit you. I've become a singer now, as I've always dreamed of. My group name is Blackpink. We just debuted 3 months ago, I hope I make you proud, dad”


 

Taehyung was silent listening to her words that sounded trembling. He was sure the girl next to him must be crying, but he chose to be quiet and let her be.


 

“... Umh I came here with my future husband, his name is Kim Taehyung. He’s also an idol,” Silently she peered at the man standing next to her, “... we agreed on an arranged marriage that grandma has planned for a long time, we’re going to get married next week in Seoul, dad. If you’re alive, I would be very happy if you walk me down the aisle”


 

Lisa then burst into tears after completing her sentence. Without thinking twice, Taehyung immediately hugged her from the side and let her head lean on his chest as he caressed her soft hair. For a few moments she was speechless. Only sobs that came out of .

She felt very sad when she realized that she desperately needed her father's presence in the most important moment of her life. She loved her father although now she also loved her kind stepfather.


 

“Daddy, please please pray for me. I wish I could be a good wife and live happily with him forever”

“Nde aboji, I promise you I’ll take care of her and love her with all my heart as you do. I promise to be a responsible husband and always make her happy” he sincerely said,

“Don’t promise, oppa. I’m afraid you can’t keep it” She broke the hug as she looked into his eyes

“Which part do you doubt I wouldn’t keep it, huh?”

“Everything”

“Yya, you doubt me that much?” he flicked her forehead gently, “.. I've said it in front of your father, how could I deny it?”

“Would you really love me, oppa?” She innocently asked. Honestly deep inside her heart she was afraid that he will never love her and think this marriage is just a play for the sake of their parents.

“A marriage will not last forever without love, Lisa-ya. We will learn to love each other, right?” He seriously stared at her, “.. Not today, maybe tomorrow” he smiled while caressing her cheek.

“Umh” she also smiled. She felt relief to hear his promise that is actually wise and makes sense for her.

“Keunde aboji, please pray for me to be patient with your daughter. Lisa's still very childish and moody” he stared at the grave as if he talked directly to her dad.

“Yya I never mad at you”

“Said the one who was silent with pouty lips along 5 hours trip” he teased, makes her turned to him shockingly

“YYa!” Taehyung laughed so hard though he felt pain when she just smacked him hard on his arm. “You see her, aboji”

“Don’t listen to him, dad. He’s so annoying” she chuckled,

Taehyung tried to stop his laughter as he ruffled her hair, “Ahrasso our beautiful wifey, sorry I’ve upset you”

“Tch, next time don’t make me rush. You don’t know how confused I am to choose a row of rings that all look very dazzling”

“Yya, all you need is to choose the one you like. That simple” Taehyung casually said

“Yeah easy for you to say. Well honestly I don’t really like jewelry like other girls in general”

and that confession managed to make him shock. He stared at her in disbelief as he said, “Seriously?”

Lisa nodded her head and smiled, “Umh, I rarely buy jewelry if it’s not for performing purposes, so I was really confused and panic since it’s for our wedding ring, not only for show”


 

Dang! Taehyung was stunned at her sincere confession.

He always thinks that women and jewelry are inseparable. It was proved by Irene’s reaction who looked very happy every time he gave her a gift of branded jewelry from his business trip. He never failed to make her happy with those bling bling.

But why it doesn’t work on Lisa? Hey what’s wrong with her brain? Then what stuffs that makes her happy? Toys? Cupcake or what? Taehyung had no idea.


 

“Hahaha okay I’m sorry. I just don’t want too late to be here” he sincerely said, holding her hand. It was the moment her heart skip beating.

“S-so how about the ring?”

“We’ll take care of it next time” He smiled, “.. Nah, we’re leaving first aboji. Please rest in peace, we always pray for you” he then turned to the grave once again.

“Rest in peace, daddy. I always love you” she took time to caress his father’s tomb for the last time.


 

Marry your daughter

And make her my wife

I want her to be the only girl that I love for the rest of my life

And give her the best of me 'till the day that I die, yeah

I'm gonna marry your princess

And make her my queen

She'll be the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen

Can't wait to smile

When she walks down the aisle

On the arm of her father

On the day that I marry your daughter

-Brian McKnight, Marry Your Daughter-


 

After delivering a prayer in silence, Taehyung embraced his fiance and left her father's grave. Somehow he felt very peaceful and happy. It was a sentimental moment for him. He never expected to ask for the blessing of his future bride's father this soon. This is one of the moments he has always dreamed of even though he hasn’t yet fully loved her.

While looking at the beautiful Cha am beach from the top of the hill, he took his fiancé to the car hand in hand, get ready for the next trip to meet her big family in Bangkok.


 

The Manoban family residence

7 pm

“Lisaaa!!” a young curly haired girl ran up to Lisa who had just got off the car. Yeah the couple finally arrived at the Manoban’s family residence after traveling for almost 5 hours from Hua Hin.

“Em, OMG I missed you!” Lisa hugged her right away.


 

She’s Emma, Lisa’s beloved cousin. She’s a year older than her and is now working as a secretary in one of the biggest trading company in Thailand. They often spend time together before Lisa finally left Thailand to pursue her dream with YG Entertainment in Seoul.


 

“Gahd you’ve changed, Lalice” Emma pinched her cheek before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter