Chapter 27

The Idol Marriage Life [EDITED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bae Irene didn’t really invite Taehyung to complete the hospital fees, but instead took him to the rooftop where she could talk more privately with him.

She realized, as an idol she couldn’t carelessly talk to other people, especially to a guy. Because she’s really aware that public comment is the scariest and she herself mentally not ready to accept it.

 

“We need to talk, Taehyungie” They were standing side by side, facing the city view with coke bottles in their hands.

 

From the beginning she asked him to leave, he already knew what the purpose was behind it. He was ready to deal with her. He thought it was the right time to talk with her, explain everything and also clarify their relationship clearly. Taehyung didn’t want any misunderstanding later, besides that he didn’t want to keep avoiding her in the future. They really need to talk more seriously.

 

“Yeh noona” with a very low tone, he nodded his head.

“You didn’t answer my calls nor reply to my message. You’re avoiding me, Tae. Why?” She turned to him with sad expression plastered on her face. 

“I was busy”

“You were always busy, but you never ignored me, Tae..” Irene tried to control her emotions when she emphasized the word of ‘never’ she said to him, “… you always have time to call me no matter how busy you are. You’ve changed, Tae”

 

She was true and he didn’t have sufficient reason to deny it. He just doesn’t know how to answer it. Taehyung remained silent.

 

Seeing there was no response from him, she turned her body to face him so that she could see his eyes clearly. “Taehyungie look, I’m really sorry for what I’ve done to you…”

Taehyung looked at her in the eyes as he heard her voice began trembling.

 

Don’t cry, please don’t cry – He silently said.

 

“… I know I was so cruel, selfish, shameless..”

“Noona” he cut her off

“… whatever you want to call me, I don’t care! But please, please forgive me Tae, don’t do this to me” it was the moment her tears rolling down her cheeks. “… I never thought everything would turn out like this, Tae. If… if only I … I had dared myself to accept you, I wouldn’t lose you like this” she said between her sobs.

“Don’t regret it, noona, please”

“I can’t! I can’t do that, Tae” she shook her head stubbornly before looking up to see him in the eyes, “… I love you Kim Taehyung”

“…”

“Yes, because I really love you Tae. I can’t lose you” She repeated even though he kept his mouth shut and just stared at her blankly.

 

She considered his silence wasn’t a rejection, so she wiped the tears before holding his hands, “Look at me Kim Taehyung. Yes I have loved you for a long time, even before you asked me to be your girlfriend. But I was too scared of the consequences we might face if public suddenly knew about our relationship. I wasn’t ready for that, Tae. You know I just debuted”

“…”

“… now I realized that I can’t live without you. I feel like dying to see you ignoring me. No, I can’t. Taehyung-ah please come back with me. We can start over, Tae”

 

Taehyung closed his eyes frustrated before sighing. He felt like crazy to hear her sudden confession. Ah too late, Joohyun-ah. You’re too late.

 

If only she said it five months ago, maybe the story would be different. Maybe his parents won’t force him to get married. Maybe Lisa won’t stand between them and they could date like two people who love each other.

But it’s too late. What she just said was in vain, because he couldn’t do anything. Kim Taehyung isn’t Doraemon who has a time machine. He couldn’t turn back time. He can’t arbitrarily say “Yes, I love you too” then just divorce Lisa. It’s not that easy.

 

Besides… his feelings have indeed changed.

 

“I’m sorry noona, but I’m married now”

“But you don’t love her, Tae! You’re forced to do it, you never really like her, Tae” She looked at him frustrated as her voice began to rise.

“Noona”

“… You still love me, Tae! I can barely see it from your eyes, please don’t deny it…” She raised her hand to prevent him from speaking.

“Noona …”

“No! Don’t say anything, Kim Taehyung” Taehyung desperately sighed. Oh God, she didn’t give the chance for him to say something and it drives him crazy. “… don’t tell me you’ve moved on, Tae. You were so panic back then and you didn’t even care about her though she was there behind..”

“I LOVE HER, noona!”

 

BAM!

Taehyung just dropped the bomb.

One simple sentence that can make her sculpting instantly.

 

He repeated those lines with a low yet sharp tone as he held her arms firmly, “I love my wife, Joohyun-ah. Now I realize that I’m starting to love her”

“No, you don’t” Irene shook her head stubbornly, trying to ignore what he had just confessed.

 

She knew it. She could clearly see it from his eyes. The way he looked at his wife was exactly the same when he looked at her back then. It was full of love. Taehyung indeed fell in love with her. It’s just she couldn’t accept it. Half of herself still wants him to only be hers.

 

“… you’re only interested in her ‘cos she’s young, fresh and pretty. But Lisa isn’t your type, Tae”

“I know. I did think so at first. She’s really child-like and absolutely not feminine like you. As you said, she’s not my type and she’s really different from you” then his voice softened as he spoke the last words, “… but slowly I realized that she could make my life happier, noona”

“…” Irene was silent with heavy tears in her face.

“… I never thought that she could be the one who always took care of me even though I knew this also very hard for her. She might not love me, noona. I don’t know. Or maybe she was also hurt by this marriage ‘cos I’ve always let her down, but she never complained..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter