Chapter 29

Champagne Gasoline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s really not as easy to have someone back in your life as Taehyung thought.

A whole two weeks have passed since it all and Taehyung still is amazed by how he managed to do it. How he gathered the courage to actually tell Seungwan that he does not want to be with her anymore?

Taehyung has been someone who follows rules. He didn’t try to break from what society told him, what his parents told him. It was a thought that never crossed his mind and he just that when he grew up he had to be the one to inherit the business, marry a woman and have children. Just like his father did and just like his father’s father did or many million men around the world did. That was all there was to life, the bliss of a domestic married life but when these men got drunk with their friends only the complaints about their wife and their dissatisfaction about their children not living up to their dreams would flow just as fast as the alcohol did among them. Taehyung knows this because he has heard it all sometimes when his mother would be out somewhere shopping and his father would drink with his friends and Taehyung would listen to them talking through their rowdy raucous laughter.

But all of this would be forgotten the next day when they were sober and they went back to pretending to be happy. Taehyung always thought he would grow up to be just like them. Isn’t there all there is to life?

That is why when Kim Taehyung’s lips first met a man’s in a college party as a drunken freshman a lot of things had changed.

Taehyung’s perfect worldview had shattered to mere pieces. How could he feel attracted to a man? This wasn’t supposed to happen. It was wrong.

Yet Taehyung found himself once again at another party drunk out of his mind kissing another boy. It was a shameful secret something that was supposed to be buried. He partly blamed it on being drunk because drunken people always do stupid things.

But he could only run away from it for so long before the truth caught up to him that he is gay.

He was gay out of all things he could be, an utter disappointment to his family. How was he supposed to marry a woman when even the mere thought of getting closer to one repulsed him beyond measure? What would happen if his parents find the truth? It was no secret that neither of his parents was ever satisfied with him. He could never live up to the expectations they had but if they ever found out he was gay would they hate him, even more, knowing Taehyung could never bring pride to the family’s name.

So he had only one choice at hand and that was to hide.

He hid it from everyone hating himself to be born like this. But at least he had money. Money could buy a lot of things and Taehyung bought pleasure from it. It was an easy deal he could still be with a man without ever facing the consequences of it. He could be with any man he liked no strings attached and no one needed to know about this shameful little secret.

And that was how it was always supposed to be. Taehyung didn’t like to think a lot about future and what it would bring it to him. Because it was scary and so uncertain to think about how he might get married to a woman forced to have a child. Taehyung liked living in the present because it was safer.

Any time any man suggested emotional bonding or they suggested it Taehyung would drop them move on to another. It was a risk that he would be never willing to take.

That is why Taehyung likes to believe that meeting Hoseok was a part of his fate something that was already decided that Taehyung could never have any control over no matter if he even tried.

There was something else about Hoseok that drew Taehyung to him. From his shy demeanor to how little he actually cared about the money aspect of their relationship which was always such a great shock to Taehyung. He had never anyone be with him not for money even all his friends were attracted more by the numbers in his bank account. Every little insignificant detail about Hoseok there could be made Taehyung like him.

And slowly he was falling before he even knew before he could even warm himself or try to make distance he was in love with Jung Hoseok and Taehyung was scared more than he had ever been by anything. Love was such a powerful emotion after all and Taehyung wanted nothing more than to be with Hoseok as impractical it was it did not matter to him. For once Taehyung stopped caring and confessed everything to Hoseok.

That is when the bliss started short-lived at best but it was so beautiful. Hoseok made him happy, actually happy. Nothing could compare to it. Hoseok brought out the best in him. For Taehyung his world now started from and ended at Hoseok. No one else mattered no one else could matter as much as Hoseok.

But Taehyung still was a coward. He could never tell his family or the rest of the world about Hoseok and how much he loved him. It meant he could lose everything and Taehyung couldn’t face that so Taehyung still treated him like his dirty secret that he could never bring to the world.

Things didn’t last long like the way they did and Taehyung could no longer run away from marrying Seungwan. It was the decision that he had to make and he had mere hours but Taehyung already knew the answer,

He was going to let Hoseok go.

Not because he had stopped loving Hoseok. That was not even a possibility. But because he couldn’t face the truth of it all and because he could never love H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter