Chapter 15

Champagne Gasoline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s hard for Hoseok to believe sometimes how different things are when you are in love. It’s like seeing the world through rose-colored glasses. Everything is perfect. Hoseok has never been happier. He looks forward to waking up every day only to see Taehyung usually already dressed up and working but sometimes Hoseok manages to catch him asleep when he usually had to work late in the previous night.

Watching Taehyung sleep is the most peaceful thing ever as creepy as it might sound. His chest would heave up slowly and steadily is mouth slightly open his eyes tight shut. He would always look so peaceful and calm making Hoseok fall in love with him even more.

And slowly and surely Taehyung had managed to gain the trust of all of his friends. Yoongi was still quite wary but he wasn’t as cold as he was before. Everyone adored Taehyung’s quirky sense of humor and his likable nature. Hoseok didn’t blame them. There was something about Kim Taehyung that drew everyone close to him.

“Is there anyone left I know that you have to impress?” Hoseok asks as they leave the bar making an excuse that Taehyung has to start work early but in reality, they have some other plans in mind.

“What can I say I live to impress,” Taehyung answers with a mere shrug. “But there are still people I have to impress”

“Huh,”

“Your parents silly,” Taehyung says.

“My parents,” Hoseok almost yells. “You wanna meet my parents”

“If you are willing I’d love to,” Taehyung says with a shrug.

“Oh my god,” Hoseok says.

“Wait, your parents don’t know that you are um…,”

“Gay yeah they’ve always known and they don’t mind,” Hoseok answers.

Hoseok still remembers the day his terrified 15-year-old self-had been summoned to the living room with his parents looking at him their faces grim.

“What is up with you these days?” his father had asked.

Hoseok didn’t quite know how to answer that question. But it was inevitable at this point. He had spent a long time locking himself in the bedroom not even eating his meals thinking about it over and over hating himself. An intervention would come and here it was.

Hoseok had suddenly burst out crying his mother immediately running over to hug him.

“Hoseok, please tell us what is going on,” she said almost sounding close to crying herself.

“I…I…am gay,” Hoseok finally managed to choke out in between tears.

He didn’t dare to look up at his parent’s disappointed faces and was almost ready to hear one of them telling him to leave the house.

“Is…is that all?”

It was his dad.

Hoseok looked up to see his dad looking at him calm as ever.

“I am gay dad,” Hoseok repeated as if he wasn’t sure if his father heard him the first time.

“I heard you the first time son,” his father said almost smiling now.

“You’re okay with it?” Hoseok asked uncertainly even now.

His father only chuckled.

“Of course honey,” his mother said hugging him now. “God you scared us”

“Yeah, your mother was convinced you were shooting needles in your arm,”

Hoseok saw his mom glaring at his father.

“I was merely concerned,” his mother explained to Hoseok.

Hoseok was still too shocked to say anything at all.

“Come on now won’t you give your old man a hug,” his father said.

Hoseok rushed over with a grin hugging his dad as tightly as he could.

He was so happy.

“So, do you think you would let me meet them?” Taehyung asks.

“Of course yeah,” Hoseok says.

Taehyung grins almost kissing Hoseok but limits to a one arm hug.

“Come on let’s go to my place,” he says.

 

 

Hoseok takes a deep breath in the fresh air of Gwangju. It feels so good to be back even though it’s just for two days. He misses his hometown and even more so his parents.

“So this is it huh,” Taehyung asks.

“Yeah, it’s not so much,” Hoseok says. His parents tiny two bedroom house is nothing compared to the sprawling mansion Taehyung owns.

“It already feels like home,” Taehyung says.

Hoseok smiles as he knocks on the door.

The door opens and his mother almost screams when she sees Hoseok and hugs him tightly.

“Hoseok I can’t believe it’s you,” she says. “What a pleasant surprise…come on in”

Only then she notices Taehyung who is awkwardly standing beside Hoseok.

“Who is this?”

“Oh mom this is um Taehyung,” Hoseok says.

“Hello Mrs. Jung,” Taehyung says with a bow.

“Is this your friend you talk about sometimes?” his mom asks.

Of course, his mom had to embarrass him like that. Taehyung raises his eyebrows at Hoseok.

“Actually,” he corrects Hoseok’s mom. “I’m his boyfriend”

At this, she laughs.

“Come on in you two,” she says.

Hoseok almost wants to kick Taehyung that he told his parents about them already. He had planned to properly introduce them.

“Where’s dad?”

“Oh, he just went to the store,” she says. “He will be back soon”

“I’ll get you guys something,” she says disappearing in the kitchen.

“Your mom is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter