Chapter 1

Champagne Gasoline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok stands at the bus stop nervously looking around every other second.

He might be here any minute and Hoseok feels himself getting even more nervous as time passes by.

His phone buzzes and he expects it to be a text from him. But instead, it’s Hoseok’s roommate and best friend Yoongi.

‘Don’t forget to buy milk on your way home’

‘Fine’ Hoseok replies.

‘Also some squid chips pls thx’

‘K’

Hoseok pockets his phone almost wanting to leave. He is over twenty minutes late. Maybe, he isn’t even gonna show up…

Just then Hoseok sees an expensive looking black car pull up in front of the bus stop.

The driver steps out and opens the car door and there he is casually sitting on the seat. He lowers his sunglasses just a little looking at Hoseok and Hoseok feels himself getting self-conscious.

The pictures on his profile didn’t him do any justice Hoseok thinks. He is even more stunning in real life.

“Are you even gonna get in, Hoseokie?” he says and his voice is so deep and y. Of course, the man had called him Hoseokie a lot before when they chatted but it sounded so different and sensual to actually hear him say it.

Hoseok nods as he gets in and sits maintaining a distance between them.

“How was your day Hoseokie?” he asks a little smirk on his face.

“It was uh, okay,” Hoseok answers. “How was your day, Mr. Kim?”

“Boring, a lot of meetings,” he answers sitting back and crossing his legs.

Hoseok smiles when they make eye contact while he fidgets with his backpack.

There is complete silence to the point that it feels awkward to Hoseok but Mr. Kim seems to be completely at ease.

About 20 minutes later the car stops, the driver steps out and opens the door.

Hoseok steps out looking at a majestic glass building.

He suddenly feels Mr. Kim’s hand on the small of his wait just slightly touching and Hoseok feels goosebumps rising up on his skin.

“Come on Hoseokie,”

Hoseok nods as he walks in with Mr. Kim. It’s a restaurant and an expensive one by the looks of it. Hoseok looks out of place with his ripped jeans, his gray hoodie, and converse. Everyone including Mr. Kim is dressed in suits that are probably worth more than Hoseok’s college tuition.

Lost in his thoughts he doesn’t realize that Mr. Kim is calling out his name.

A man is guiding them to a table.

He pulls out a chair and Hoseok sits down and so does Mr. Kim who is smiling at Hoseok yet again and Hoseok barely smiles back. He is so nervous around Mr. Kim gives him a smile.

“What would you like to eat?” Mr. Kim asks.

Hoseok looks at the menu card and he is seriously confused but he doesn’t want to show it. Mr. Kim only chuckles as he takes the menu from Hoseok and after a minute says some weird name to the waiter who nods leaving.

Hoseok looks around at the people around him, women dressed in expensive dresses and men in suits sipping wine at 1 pm in the afternoon.

“Hoseokie,” he hears Mr. Kim’s singsong voice.

Hoseok looks at Mr. Kim.

“Uh yes,”

“Relax Hoseokie, I don’t bite,”

Hoseok smiles nervously, sitting back.

“I just wanted to tell you, you look absolutely beautiful,”

Hoseok turns red. It was one thing when Mr. Kim complimented him when they chatted but in person, it is a completely different thing.

“Th…thank you,” Hoseok mumbles looking down. “You look great too”

“That I know,” Mr. Kim says with a little smirk on his face.

Just then the waiter is back with what looks like two plates of salad.

“Since you didn’t want to order I got you a salad too,” Mr. Kim says. "That's okay, right?"

“Uh yeah salad is good,” Hoseok says with a smile as he takes a bite and it is probably the best salad he has ever tasted.

They don’t talk much while eating except Mr. Kim winks at Hoseok twice leaving him red-faced.

Mr. Kim has an astounding effect on Hoseok.

“Would you like dessert?” Mr. Kim asks.

Hoseok shakes his head no. He doesn’t want to seem like a glutton in front of Mr. Kim even though he is barely full.

“All right bill please,” Mr. Kim says and the waiter leaves with a nod.

Hoseok sips on his water until the waiter returns with the bill and Hoseok’s mouth is left open when he sees how much the small plates of salad cost.

“Come on Hoseok,” he hears Mr. Kim.

Hoseok nods as he gets up and just like before Mr. Kim places his hand on the small of his back as if guiding him through.

They get in the car.

“I am sorry Hoseok we couldn’t spend much time together today,” Mr. Kim says.

“Mr. Kim…,”

Mr. Kim interrupts Hoseok.

“But I am very happy about the time we did spend together,”

Hoseok nods.

“I will drop you home before I go back to my office,”

“Oh okay,”

Mr. Kim smiles before taking Hoseok’s hands into his and playing with his fingers before he sits back.

Hoseok feels diz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter