Chapter 18

Champagne Gasoline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Hoseok opens his eye in the morning it feels cold, unusually cold. The heater still isn’t fixed and the fluffy blanket provides no warmth for Hoseok who shifts uncomfortably in the bed unable to fall asleep again.

Hoseok reaches for his phone which is lying on his pillow and checks the time. It’s only 9 am but Hoseok doesn’t feel like sleeping anymore as he gets up. His bare feet touch the freezing floor.

Hoseok wonders why everything is suddenly so cold.

He reaches to his window to open hoping for some sunlight but the sky is covered in dark grey clouds almost as if a storm is on its way. Hoseok decides to leave the window closed.

He decides to go shower and the steaming hot water finally provides him with some comfort as Hoseok spends longer than usual in the shower and only steps out when the water starts to turn cold.

He changes in a pair of jeans and a shirt and styles his faded brown hair in a quiff but only a few seconds pull it to stay flat on his forehead.

There is no sign of Yoongi anywhere. He must still be on his morning run Hoseok assumes as he begins making breakfast.

Since he woke up a lot earlier Hoseok decides to make a proper breakfast.

The bacon sizzles on the pan and Hoseok cracks a couple of eggs on another pan humming a song.

Just as he is about to be done the door opens. It’s Yoongi wiping his face with a towel. He smiles as he sees the breakfast on the table.

“Ah, Taehyung is very lucky,” Yoongi says.

“Huh,”

“Didn’t you make all this for him?” Yoongi asks.

“No,” Hoseok answers. “He left last night”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, why don’t you wash up so we can eat?”

Yoongi nods going to the shower and comes back after ten minutes.

“Hey, do you think we can eat in the living room?” Yoongi asks. “I wanna watch the election polls”

“Of course yeah,”

They head to the living room and settle on the couch. Hoseok begins eating while Yoongi watches a news channel.

There is a panel of people discussing the elections that are supposed to happen and speculating about who will win. There is a lot of yelling most of which Hoseok tunes out off while Yoongi watches attentively. His roommate had a passion for mindless politics.

The show goes on for more than 20 minutes and Hoseok got himself and Yoongi a cup of coffee and when he returns the debate has ended. Hoseok heaves a sigh of relief.

The woman reporter on the screen blabbers about news from all over the country.

“And for the last exclusive news coming from Kim & Co,” she says.

Hoseok has complete attention on the screen now.

“Kim & Co.’s new CEO Kim Taehyung and actress Son Seungwan are set to tie the knot. Reps of Son’s agency and Kim & Co.’s spokesperson have both confirmed this news as of now. It Is however not yet confirmed when the wedding will take place but fans speculate….,”

By now Hoseok has stopped listening because this has to be dream…

It cannot be real. It just can’t be. Hoseok feels his grip on the handle of his cup loosen and the cup falls on the floor and breaks making a loud noise.

The sound brings back Hoseok to reality. Yoongi is looking at him concern all over his face. Hoseok stands up and he doesn’t even know why but his knees are weak as he stumbles down immediately gripping the sofa for support.

“Hoseok,” he hears a far distant voice. It’s Yoongi’s and he knows Yoongi is right beside him but the voice feels like its miles away. Hoseok tries to think but his thoughts have stopped making sense. Nothing is making sense right now.

“Hoseok,”

Hoseok feels hands on his shoulders now shaking him and he sees Yoongi’s face too close to him.

“Yoongi…,” Hoseok finally manages to croak out and his voice sounds so foreign.

“Did…you…hear that…too?” he asks.

Yoongi bites his lip looking at Hoseok with uncertainty before nodding very slowly.

And something inside Hoseok breaks as he falls down on the ground. It was real. So real, it hurt. Taehyung was marrying Seungwan and it was the truth.

“Hoseok….Hoseok…Hoseok-ah,” Yoongi is calling out to him but Hoseok isn’t listening.

“Hoseok ing look at me,” Yoongi says pulling at Hoseok harshly.

Hoseok realizes his vision is very blurry. He is crying now.

“Listen to me okay,” Yoongi says. “Call Taehyung”

“Wh…,”

“Call him and ask him what the is going on or else I’m calling him myself,” Yoongi almost yells.

Hoseok just nods as Yoongi helps him to stand up and hands him the phone. With trembling hands, Hoseok unlocks the phone and goes to the contacts his hands hovering over Taehyung’s name before he finally presses a call pressing the phone to his ear.

He waits, the few seconds feel like years and Yoongi is staring at his face anxiously.

‘The number you called is out of service’

Hoseok’s hands are trembling around the phone as he lowers the phone from his ear.

“What? Hoseok,” Yoongi says. “Did he not pick up?”

Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter