Chapter 28

Champagne Gasoline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Shameless Self Promo*
If you guys want to then you can check out my new Vhope fic. It is called 'Soft Hearts Electric Souls'
Sorry
Okay Bye!

 

 

 

When Hoseok wakes up the next day the sun is shining brightly through the windows, almost too bright. Hoseok stirs groaning a little as he sits up rubbing his eyes. He rubs his eyes his head throbbing too painfully as he reaches for his phone on the bedside table to check the time.

It’s over 12 pm, Hoseok managed to miss his classes. It is probably because he barely slept at all the previous night and how much head is hurting.

Hoseok slowly remembers everything that happened the night before. It almost seemed like a dream but isn’t. Taehyung might still be here Hoseok thinks as he stands up and opens the door going to the living room but it’s empty. There is no sign of Taehyung anywhere almost like he never even came back well except for the blanket that is still lying on the sofa. Hoseok wonders where he must have gone. To work? Or maybe somewhere with Seungwan; Hoseok wouldn’t be surprised if he never sees Taehyung again. He just can’t trust Taehyung anymore.

Yoongi isn’t home either presumably at University and Hoseok is left wondering why Yoongi didn’t wake him up.

Hoseok’s head is still hurting and he decides to take a hot shower but it doesn’t help much and he barely feels hungry at all which is why he only finishes half of the bowl of his instant ramen before dumping the rest of it.

He barely has the energy to move and the headache hasn’t subsided even after taking two painkillers so Hoseok decides to give work a miss and instead just lies on the sofa eventually falling asleep again.

He only wakes up when the doorbell rings glancing over at the clock it’s about 9 pm and Hoseok spent all of the evening sleeping but at least his head feels a lot of better. Hoseok goes to the open door expecting Yoongi.

Hoseok almost closes the door but Taehyung stops him holding the door.

“Please let me in,” he says.

Hoseok lets the door go and Taehyung walks in.

“What do you want?” Hoseok asks him as he enters the house.

“I want...to talk,” Taehyung says.

“What is there left to talk?” Hoseok asks.

Taehyung gets closer to Hoseok and takes both of his hands in his large ones.

“About us,”

Hoseok looks Taehyung into his eyes and wants to melt away let Taehyung have his way with him but the small rational voice inside his head that is still alive buried warns him and Hoseok pulls away taking a few steps back. Taehyung seems to get the message.

“There is nothing to talk about us,” Hoseok says trying to sound as firm as he can. “It’s all over”

“No, Hoseok, it was,” Taehyung says. “But we can make it work again I promise”

Hoseok hates how despite everything he still somehow wants to believe Taehyung. How much more stupid can he be?

“We can’t,” Hoseok says. He sounds too weak.

“No, we can,” Taehyung says. “I will give my everything”

“You are marrying Seungwan in a week,” Hoseok says. It hurts to say that.

“Hoseok...I told you I am not gonna be with her,” Taehyung says.

“Why haven’t you tried to break off the marriage yet?” Hoseok asks. “Do you want to marry her and continue seeing her behind my back...is that what you want?”

“Hoseok...that is not...,”

“I am not going to be your dirty little secret Kim Taehyung,” Hoseok says raising his voice. “Not anymore”

“Hoseok...,”

Just then the doorbell rings and Hoseok feels grateful that Yoongi is home finally and that he will be sure to kick Taehyung out because Hoseok can’t find the energy to keep arguing any longer.

When Hoseok opens the door it’s not Yoongi but Minhyuk.

“Jesus, Hoseok,” he says hugging Hoseok. “Do you know how worried I was?”

“Minhyuk what...,”

“You didn’t show up for work,” Minhyuk explains. “I kept calling you and you wouldn’t pick up and then your phone was switched off and I freaked out”

“I’m sorry I didn’t check...,”

“You’re okay right?” Minhyuk says his hands on Hoseok’s shoulders looking at him making Hoseok’s heart beat faster.

Hoseok nods.

“I am okay yeah just a bit of headache...no big deal,” he says.

Minhyuk smiles at him.

“Well, I missed you today,”

“I uh um yeah I missed you too,”

Just then Minhyuk notices Taehyung’s presence in the living room who is looking at them with an expression Hoseok can’t recognize.

“Hi,” Minhyuk breaks the silence a polite smile on his face.

Taehyung doesn’t respond.

The smile on Minhyuk’s face fades away.

“Minhyuk...I’ll see you tomorrow...,” Hoseok begins.

“Who is he?” Minhyuk says cutting off Hoseok.

“Taehyung,” Hoseok answers hesitantly.

Minhyuk’s gaze returns to Taehyung and they are both just staring at each other.

“Why are you here?” Minhyuk asks breaking the silence once again.

“Who are you to ask me that?” Taehyung asks.

“I am Hoseok’s friend Minhyuk,”

“Good, well learn to stay out of his matters mister,” Taehyung says.

“He is my friend,” Minhyuk says his voice loud. “And I’m someone who cares about him so no I won’t stay out”

“Everything that has happened between me and him is just between us, so I advise you to stay away again,” Taehyung says his voice low the kind of voice he only uses when he wants to show authority and Minhyuk seems to sense that as he closes his mouth slowly.

“Wait...wait,” Minhyuk says a few seconds later. “I...I’ve seen you somewhere”

“Huh,”

“Aren’t...aren’t you...the one marrying that famous actress...Son Seungwan?” Minhyuk says. “I saw it in those magazines... you always read them Hoseok”

Taehyung’s expression changes, he looks tense.

“You left Hoseok to marry that actress chick?” Minhyuk asks. “Aren’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter