Chapter 26

Champagne Gasoline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Hoseok wakes up the next morning he vividly remembers the dream he had the night before. He was with Minhyuk and Minhyuk’s face was close to his as he smiled and leaned in to kiss Hoseok and Hoseok kissed him for a long time until he finally pulled back and Hoseok saw that it wasn’t Minhyuk but Taehyung looking at him with the most beautiful smile on his face.

“I love you,” he said.

Hoseok woke up after sometime confused until he remembered the kiss from last night and a blush creeps on his face. He still isn’t able to process the whole thing and now in just a few hours, he has to go to work and face Minhyuk again. Only the thought of it is terrifying enough for Hoseok.

Hoseok leaves for University soon and all day Hoseok only has one thing on his mind and it’s the kiss with Minhyuk that is gnawing from the inside of his brain as he keeps living it over and over again still in disbelief about what the had happened as he sits in his class ignoring mostly everything the professor is saying.

When all of his classes end Hoseok almost skips work thinking that it’s not worth it but he is worried that it can make things even more awkward between him and Minhyuk so he decides not to be a coward and go face Minhyuk.

When he reaches the coffee shop Minhyuk is already there, of course, taking someone’s orders. Hoseok changes in a hurry and when he comes out notices Minhyuk glancing him but Hoseok gets busy with a customer to even notice.

Neither of them gets a break from the constant stream of customers. The business is unusually busy today and Hoseok decides it’s a good thing. He still doesn’t know how he will approach Minhyuk. Should he act like nothing even happened between them the night before or should he acknowledge it and say something...Hoseok is beyond confused about everything.

The only interaction they have is Minhyuk asking him if a customer’s drink is ready and Hoseok only nods in response.

When the shift finally ends Hoseok is so exhausted from making coffee and worrying too much that he just wants to go and get a good night’s sleep.

“Hoseok,”

It’s Minhyuk, of course, it is. Hoseok turns around looking at him.

“Are you angry at me?” he asks.

“No,”

“Okay,”

There is awkward silence for a whole minute or so.

“Do you wanna grab some ice cream?”

“Yeah,”

So, they end up eating ice cream and again neither of them says anything. Hoseok doesn’t like the way things are already edging towards an undeniable awkwardness one that is too overbearing to handle. He misses the smooth conversation they have where Minhyuk mostly talks and Hoseok listens saying something here and there.

They finish their ice cream on the way back home and just like the night before it’s very cold, the streets deserted when both of them stop at the intersection just looking at each other as if they are both expecting the other to make a move.

Minhyuk does leaning in and kissing Hoseok, his lips so warm and tasting just slightly like the chocolate ice cream he had been eating and when they stopped Hoseok’s heart is beating so embarrassingly fast that he is almost certain Minhyuk can hear it.

“Good night,” he says.

“Night,”

They walk off to their paths just like that.

When Hoseok likes on the bed that night he touches his lips a light smile on his face.

 

 

The next day as soon as Hoseok reaches the coffee shop Minhyuk is already there and shoots him a small smile as he joins Minhyuk to work.

Things are slightly less awkward than the day before but still awkward enough that Hoseok can sense that even others have noticed that Minhyuk is not chattering up to Hoseok as he usually does because he has seen at least every one of them glance at their direction more than twice.

Minhyuk preoccupies himself with anything he can find which means he keeps clearing the counter washing the cups even when they don’t need washing and takes longer than usual cleaning each table meticulously.

Hoseok observes him not sure not to make of his unusual behavior until it’s time to leave home and Hoseok is changing out of his uniform.

“Hoseok,”

“Yeah,”

“Ice cream?”

So, once again they end up at the same ice cream van. Hoseok gets cookies and cream and Minhyuk a vanilla swirl.

It’s freezing almost but they are still eating ice cream walking through the same deserted roads the yellow street lights flickering above them and the occasional zooming car or the sound of their shoes on the pavement that fills the silence of the dark night.

The stop at the intersection just like that and again Minhyuk leans in and kisses Hoseok ever so gently his lips providing a certain warmth to Hoseok’s freezing ones and Minhyuk tastes like vanilla so sweet that Hoseok can’t help but smile in the kiss until Minhyuk finally pulls away but his hands linger on Hoseok’s face for a few more seconds.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter