Chapter 20

Champagne Gasoline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan sits on the chair a wide smile on her face, her cheeks sporting a rosy glow that is hard to miss. When she notices the persistent she quickly winks, “For the wedding, I’m following a special skin care routine,” she says.

Today, we had the wonderful opportunity to sit down with Son Seungwan as she talks about her wedding, gushes about her husband-to-be Kim Taehyung and chats about future career prospects.

Q: Hello Seungwan, how are you doing?”

A: I am doing exceptionally well thanks for asking.

Q: Now I will get straight to the point here, your much talked about wedding with Kim Taehyung.

A: *laughs* Yes

Q: We have had to hear all the news from secret sources but now that you are finally here can we get some details about everything that happened?

A: Of course yes

Q: So how did this happen how did and you Taehyung and meet?

A: Oh, that, we have known each for a long time we basically grew up together.

Q: Really, that is amazing.

A: Our fathers are very good friends actually so we always saw each other at our houses, parties, functions.

Q: So is that when the feelings start developing…?

A: *blushes* I guess you can say that.

Q: So have you been together for that long?”

A: No, we only got together about 3 years ago I think…

Q: Oh that’s a long time

A: Yeah, Taehyung is a very reserved person most of the times and it took him long to come to terms with his feelings and confess to me.

Q: Lovely, so let’s talk more about Taehyung because he has been a person of interest long in front of everyone’s eyes and we barely know anything about him.

A: Ah, Taehyung is a very secretive and private person. He doesn’t enjoy the spotlight much.

Q: Oh and what is that makes you like Taehyung?

A: *smiles* He is a very lovely and kind-hearted person, so down to earth and caring. He loves his family a lot. He is a gentleman through and through but yes he is a bit of a workaholic.

Q: Oh really did he miss any dates because he was too busy?

A: On different occasions yes

Q: And how does he make up for it?”

A: He knows what I like so he always shows up with surprise gifts to make up to me.

Q: Speaking of surprise gifts, your ring was the most talked about thing in the past month? Every girl on the internet was marveling over how beautiful your engagement ring looked

A: Ah yes, the ring is a beauty, I absolutely love it.

Q: Did Taehyung pick it out himself?”

A: He did actually and he has very good taste.

Q: Now this brings me to the next question the proposal the one that people have been waiting for long to know how he proposed.”

A: *laughs and blushes* It was a very picture perfect moment. We were at a beach resort place and we were taking a walk when he paused midway and popped the question all on his knees and there were musicians hiding in the bushes who played music and I just had to say yes. He even asked my dad my hand in marriage so basically, all my family knew I was gonna be proposed to except for me.

Q: Seems like he really is the perfect gentleman…

Suddenly Hoseok feels the magazine snatched out of his hands.

“You don’t need to read this ,” he hears Yoongi’s voice and sees Yoongi dump the magazine straight into the trashcan.

Hoseok stays quiet.

“Listen, I know hard it is for you to have this bull shoved up on your face,” Yoongi says as he sits down and gently squeezes Hoseok’s shoulder.

“Just try to ignore it okay,”

Hoseok just nods.

Yoongi smiles as he gives Hoseok a one-armed hug.

“You must be late for Uni,” he says.

Hoseok nods.

“So I’ll see you later then,”

“Yeah bye,” Hoseok says taking his backpack as he leaves the house giving Yoongi a small wave.

“Oh, and hey good luck on your first day today,” Yoongi says.

“Thank you,”

Hoseok sighs as he thinks about how anxious he is to start his new job at the local coffee shop. But he was dangerously low on the money even after all the extra money that his parents had sent him which lead him to do the much put off job search and he managed to find one at a coffee shop not very far from Uni and the pay was okay too so Hoseok didn’t try to think about it too much.

He walks to the bus stop and spots the same magazine in a small kiosk. Without thinking Hoseok buys it.

 

 

Hoseok walks into the coffee shop his hands around the strap of his bag. It feels weird considering he has not worked for over two months. Just then he sees the manager waving at him and calling him over. Hoseok walks to him.

“Oh, here you are,” he says with a smile. “Ready to start?”

Hoseok nods.

“Come on then change up first in the back there is an extra uniform for you,”

Hoseok nods again as he goes into the back and changes into the uniform. It’s not too bad he thinks to himself as he looks in the mirror and walks out again.

He sees a young boy about the same age as him standing next to the manager.

“Hoseok,” the manager says. “This is Minhyuk and he will show you around okay if you have any problem be sure to tell me”

“Yes, sir,”

“Okay, let’s get to work then,”

The manager walks off leaving Hoseok and Minhyuk alone.

“So, have you ever worked at a coffee shop before?” Minhyuk asks.

Hoseok shakes his head no.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter