Chapter 29

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WHEN HE WOKE UP, IT HAD NEVER FELT SO REFRESHING AND PLACID. Usually Renjun doesn't want to wake up. He didn't want to through all the therapy again and again. Especially being so worn-out and lonely, the place he's in was so dense and empty for his liking. He had too much time for himself. But he was glad to meet everyone he loved for the past month, from his parents to every friend of his at the nearby Uni.

As excited and delighted it was for Renjun to be finally let free out of the hospital, he was still nervous about going back to school. The student, of course, would all stare at him. He was going to be pushed around in a wheelchair all over the building, how could they not look? Never the downside, he still had his friends with him, and plus, Renjun is independent enough to wheel himself. In the meantime he needed his wheelchair.

It made him anxious, what if it would take him longer on the wheelchair than what the doctors told him? They did say his injury wasn't permanent, but having the idea of not walking by himself made Renjun feel unsure and quite petrifying. 

Renjun glanced at the opened window and huffed in deeply. Its okay, he told himself, everything is going to be fine. Just stay happy.

He lifted his head from the pillow, to see a nurse standing by his side. She revealed a friendly smile and offered Renjun breakfast, which he willingly accepted. Renjun tried to remember the nurse's name, but every different day, it would be a different worker throughout the whole month of staying.

"You seem really chirpy," She pointed out, placing the tray on Renjun's lap.

The lad nodded, smiling cheerily, "It's my last day today."

The nurse giggled, "Finally home, that's nice." She said, "I guess you're leaving after your therapy at eleven."

Renjun hummed warmly. He ripped the straw opened and poked it in his juice carton, drinking it. He looked at the small table right next to him, spotting his small velvet box. With a pleasing smile, he asked the nurse to pass the box to him, and she did ever so kindly.

The nurse became more curious, as Renjun's eyes seem to glow in a genuine and heartfelt sensation when he opened the box slowly with his lanky fingers. The boy slipped out a lavishing bracelet, with a clover placed in the very middle. Renjun clasped it on his wrist, staring at it lovingly, like it was his own child.

"That's a very gorgeous bracelet," The nurse said. "Your lover must've given it to you, right?"

Renjun hummed, "He did. I got it when we first got together months ago."

He caught the nurse stiffen up a little when Renjun mentioned 'He'. She blinked it off and sighed helplessly.

"Young love," She fondly whispered. "You're a very lucky young man. I bet he's very fortunate to love someone as handsome as you." She murmured, getting giggles to escape out of herself. "Now, I'll help you get changed."

The red haired male felt his face running red, still staring at the glorious, most precious bracelet. 

 

Mr. Lee was the only one that came to pick him up. It was really disappointing to Renjun. He expected, the least, for one of his parents to come, or even just his own boyfriend. It scrunched his heart to think of Chenle, the busting and complicated lad that he missed. Sure, the last time he saw him was three days ago, and they had just texted last night. But that was nothing compared to an hour. Renjun craved for Chenle's presence right beside his, the warm sensation every time they touch, it just satisfied him so much, even beyond cloud nine.

All of his belongings were in the car, as Mr. Lee drove out of the front of the bland, white hospital building. Renjun winced whenever the car turned a bend; he had to grip his hands tightly to the door, since he didn't want to hurt his hip as much. He had his phone in hand and, truthfully, Renjun wanted to play it. He hadn't touched his phone much, considering he needed to go through the last dreading check up and therapy before heading home.

"You are doing okay back there Sir?" Mr. Lee asked, glancing at Renjun through the rear-view mirror. He assured him with a nod.

"How are you Mr. Lee?" Renjun said.

"I'm very good," Mr. Lee chirped, "At last you're coming back. You don't know much everyone misses you."

Renjun chortled, "Good thing I miss them as much." He said, glancing out at the window.

"Yeah." He approved, "The police came by a few days ago, and they said that Meilin is now sent to a metal hospital. Ever since she pushed you off, she had been traumatized and got out of control, her parents couldn't handle her.

He wasn't sure how to react, and kept himself firm in his seat.

Silence covered them for a few moments, before Mr. Lee began again, "Anything special happening today?"

Lifting a brow, Renjun recited his plan for the day and shook his head, "Other than me coming back from the hospital, nothing Mr. Lee."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter