PERFECT US.

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THINGS HAD NEVER FELT SO PERFECT FOR THE GROWN MAN. While cutting up a few varieties of vegetables in the kitchen, Renjun hummed at the little lad that called out for him. He rushed in with a yellow lemon umbrella, dressed in an oversized raincoat that draped over most of his body. Renjun listened to the tapping noises made by the rain on their hazy windows, wetting the place outside. Spring time has come.

He smiled at the boy that had rushed into the kitchen, climbing onto one of the tall dinner chairs. Curiously widening his eyes at the stoned counter, he gasped.

"Papa, are you cooking lunch?" Little Daehwi asked, peering across of the brunet. The called parent hummed lightly.

It had been almost four year since Renjun was able to stride on his two legs again. He had never felt so rejoiced before, as a sensation of pure triumph wash over him, with the new of his spinal cord being fully healed. The brunet was so elated, he was able to walk down the aisle in Chenle and his wedding day. That day was definitely unforgettable to him and his spouse, though they were pretty young when they were pronounced husbands to each other, it didn't stop the marriage to be very elegant and remarkable. If he had the chance to go through and marry Chenle again, Renjun will certainly take it. He loved it when Chenle kept staring at him while they danced and spent their exclusive honeymoon together, treating him like a queen. It sounded selfish, but he couldn't help but adore the younger even more.

After two years of their marriage, the couple had the idea of adopting a child. Renjun begged his husband to adopt Daehwi, who was five that the time. The little youngster knew Renjun really well, Soonyoung had told him multiple stories about the brunet and Chenle, and the times they spent together before Daehwi was able to walk. He knew that Renjun loved him so much, that he couldn't decline the two's adoption request. To this day, Daehwi never regretted one bit, getting adopted by the Zhongs was a miracle to him and absolutely fulfilled the couple's life.

"Where are you going Daehwi?" Renjun questioned the boy, who was crawling down the chair.

He frowned and dolefully held on to the umbrella, "Look outside papa," Mumbled Daehwi, pointing at the blurred window, "It's raining, and Mr. Rock is getting wet."

The Chinese man raised a brow, clueless, "And what are you going to do with your father's raincoat?"

"I'm going to give it my favorite umbrella!" He thrilled, flinging his arms in the air. Daehwi then glanced at Renjun, "I can right?"

Renjun laughed, "Of course, bu-" The blustering youngster didn't let the Chinese man finish and tumbled out the kitchen, carrying the umbrella over his head as if it was as light as s feather. "Remember to wear your wellies and use your orange raincoat!" He yelled after the excited boy, sighing in loss of hope. But he didn't worry, he knew that Daehwi was sensible enough.

He obscurely shook his head and continued to prepare the family's lunch. Chenle was going to be back in half an hour, probably drained and over worked. Initially, his husband was assumed to be home last night, but the younger wasn't finished with his task and spend the whole night and morning completing them. Renjun can already imagine Chenle dragging his legs through the door, his clammy palms hardly grasping onto his mahogany briefcase, still nicely buttoned in his immaculate suit.

Renjun felt pity for Daehwi if he no one was home with him. He understood that Chenle's job had to practically take most of his time away from their home, so it was up to Renjun to guide Daehwi for most of his time at their household. He chose to be a stay home parent, as well as a child author and illustrator. They had built a small workshop for Renjun, where he could write his stories and draw his books out.

The male still worked well with the Orphanage Daehwi came from. Renjun ran a workshop for young kids, and every week they would come and develop their artistic skills with him. But monthly, for the kids at Sunflower Garden, it would be free for them to join the workshop. He was delighted to run his sessions with the children, it definitely helped them to see how incredible art is, and Renjun can happily show how much he loved it. He also gets to spend time with his son, who joins his classes and gets to interact with a lot of other people in town.

Renjun left the kitchen, leaving his pot to boil and peeped a look at Daehwi outside. The seven year old had placed the umbrella over a balk grey stone, probably the rock Daehwi had named Mr. Rock. While he was out in the puddles in his green wellies, proudly spawning enormous waves of splashes and skipping in the sidewalk, everyone knew the lad's love for rain. He giggled when Daehwi accidentally slipped and landed on his bum, letting out laughs himself, springing back up to his feet.

A jet black car then pulled over in the driveway, there slipped out his spouse, an opened umbrella over his head, and of course his briefcase. The thing he had in his hands didn't hold him back from embracing his beloved son, who was drenched in nothing but a coat, layered with pure rain. Chenle quickly gave a peck on Daehwi's forehead, before letting the boy splash into another deep puddle.

Mr. Kim opened the door, welcoming Renjun tactfully like how he always would, and apologized. He was guilty, for not being able to convince his master to come home that night. As irritated Renjun was, he was able to wave Mr. Kim, saying it was okay. It was most definitely not his fault. Ever since Chenle took over the role as CEO for their family's company, he had turned into a restless workaholic.

Renjun sometimes felt like it was his father's fault, for moving back to China, where he ran a smaller branch of the company, leaving Chenle's mission to never disappoint his father-in-law. But there really was no point of blaming anyone other than his husband. Even though Chenle's father had now retired, Renjun had thought Chenle would go easier on his job, nevertheless Chenle made it an excuse to work even longer hours and more dreading days, even on the weekends making it restless for him.

Then entered his coal haired husband, putting down his briefcase on the side, and taking off his brown shoes on the rack. Even though he greeted Renjun with a smile, striding closer to the elder to place a kiss on his cheek, Renjun immediately glared at him and huffed inflame. He crossed his arms, letting his chest steam in rage and paced quickly back into the kitchen.

Setting himself back to the stew on the stove, Renjun pouted. A smile was all his spouse gave him after he promised to not be late home again? Ridiculous. How un-gentleman like can Chenle get, the younger knows that Daehwi can't get a proper sleep without knowing Chenle is at home, sleeping in the room next his with his papa. Renjun had to sleep with the youngster for most of the night, as Daehwi didn't trust Renjun to sleep by himself. He would continuously say, "Papa can't sleep alone, if daddy isn't home you should sleep with me." It was sweet of the seven year old to have a mindset to protect his parents, but sometimes it annoyed him.

Renjun started to harshly mutter to himself, feeling his own breath churn in temper and fury while dunking the freshly cut vegetables in the pot. Jumping at a sudden feeling of someone wrapping their arms around his waist without hesitation scared the living soul out of Renjun, letting out a small screech in the room.

He spun around and lowly scowled at Chenle, who had his well-known cheeky grin on his face. Renjun pouted deeper and sharply pinched the younger's hip, getting a wail from Chenle. He frowned and cooed at his husband.

"Ouch! Why did you do that baby?" Every pet name always had Renjun shiver in his own skin, Chenle knew that it was one of his weakest points.

"Oh, so you don't realise the promise you broke again?" Renjun snarled, stinging the other side of Chenle's hip, the other whined again.

"Okay, okay!" Chenle cried, rubbing the spot Renjun squeezed, "I'm so sorry," He murmured, "I know how Daehwi is, but I really couldn't come home this time! Please believe me Renjun, can't you forgive me this time sweetie?"

Grunting under his breath, Renjun rolled his eyes and whispered, "Fine." He pressed a finger on Chenle lips, piercing a cunning look at him, "This time only."

Spinning back to the ready lunch in the boiling pot, Renjun turned off the stove and placed the silver pot on the closest counter. Chenle just stood in Renjun's way, miserably throwing puppy eyes at the hardworking man. The other sighed, keeping his sight busy with preparing the food, quite irritated at the presence lurking behind him.

"What do you want?" He jibed at the other.

"No kisses?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter