Chapter 30

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RENJUN FELT THE PANG OF EXCITEMENT AND GREIF RIGHT AFTER HE GRADUATED. Though now, it had been three years, the memories of his high school life had got him drenched at heart. Donghyuck and Jaemin were now in a University near his house, while Mark and Jeno flew Canada for their degrees. Renjun is an Art Collage for three years now, living in the same city he had been for most of his learning life. It never bore him though.

He fixed on a jacket on his shoulder and wheeled himself through the hall way. Junie was running behind him, waggling her tail as she barked lively. It had been an everyday routine for Renjun to hear her bark every night, right before sleep, ever since Chenle left for China.

The younger chose to study back in their mother land, as it would help Chenle with his future and his as well. His beagle puppy sure misses the lad, and so did the whole house hold. Mr. Zhong now had a habit of visiting Renjun every now and then; he told the now brown haired lad that it would remind him of Chenle. And it really did, at least more than how much he should miss the lad.

Combing his newly dyed locks, and spraying a light scented perfume on himself, Renjun sighed at the mirror near the door. He took a good glance at the watch on his hand, smiling at Mr. Lee who came in at the right timing.

"You ready Sir. Huang?" The ancient butler said, plastering a delighted smile.

Renjun nodded surely.

"Really excited are we?" Chuckled Mr. Lee, pushing Renjun out through the door, and to the drive way. "He's finally coming back."

"Well, it's just for the summer holidays, and that's not going to last for long." Remarked Renjun, tapping his fingers nervously on his knee. He then chewed the inside of his lip, wilting out his overjoyed thoughts.

"Please put away that frown Sir," Mr. Lee defended, "Even if it's short, it doesn't mean nothing will come of it. And plus, after the summer break, it might be your last year in University. I'm sure you both will enjoy Chenle's stay here."

He hummed, taking the loss. Mr. Lee helped him into the vehicle, as he tried hyping himself again. Why was he feeling down? Renjun was supposed to be eager right now, hurrying his butler, biting his nails anxiously and trying to calm his heart down from the rapid heartbeats. But none of those were happening, Renjun just sat there, leaning on to the window sill and feeling the AC brushing his face. It's as if he was drained out, completely empty.

The feeling of worry was the only thing he can recognized in himself. What was he worrying about? Junie being home alone, or the fact that he was seeing his lover from their valued long distance relationship. He didn't know. But if it was, why did he need to fear for it? They did everything a normal long distance relationship would do, face time every night and leave each other sweet messages. Sometimes Renjun craved for Chenle's attention that he forgets about time zones. How unfortunate.

Renjun watched the night clouds, floating right under the luminous moon that grinned at him lavishly. The night lamps all shone, giving an orange and secure vibe around the busy streets. It was those typical night time scenario Renjun liked, everyone going out right before midnight.

Out of all his puzzling emotions, he was definitely hyped up for next week. Finally, he gets to see the kids at Sunflower Garden. The news of some getting adopted showered Renjun's heart in joy, as he knows, they will love their new home. He remembered the feeling of getting embraced by his new parents, a very unforgettable moment. Time was passing, so all of them are growing. Just imaging each child maturing gets him into boisterous tears.

As awkward as they may be, Renjun planned a lot of things to do with his boyfriend. They wouldn't be awkward for long right? He was sure, the now twenty year old Chinese lad probably wants to rest. Renjun had prepared tickets for them, a two weeks stay in Jeju for him and Chenle, as well as dinner with their families, one that Mrs. Huang had been talking about ever since he left for China for last year's summer holiday.

He sighed, "Do you think Chenle will be excited to see me?" Renjun randomly blurted to his driver.

Mr. Lee was caught off guard, shuddering silently, "Definitely!" He abruptly spluttered, "Why, do you think he wouldn't?"

"No! It's not that..." Renjun stuttered. "These days he doesn't really text me as often," He mumbled bluntly.

"He's probably just busy; he needs to pack after all." Mr. Lee assured, giving a smile at Renjun through the rear-view mirror.

He felt his heart groan, Mr. Lee always seemed so sure about everything he says. Renjun slumped his shoulder back and tightened his hold on his blue sleeves. Really, Chenle’s father was meant to pick Chenle up from the airport, but unluckily, being the busy man he is, he had to cancel it since he needed to fly to Japan for three days. Renjun took his spot and decided he'll go instead. But ever since Renjun told the younger that he’ll be picking him up instead, he turned quite distance from him. It worried Renjun. Even if it was through text, it was obvious. Renjun wouldn’t say he was forgetting him; it seemed more like Chenle was doing it on purpose more than anything.

“Even if he isn’t busy, I’m sure he has another reason why he’s busy. Probably he has you in his mind all day.” Mr. Lee said, stopping the car and slipping out of his seat.

Renjun didn’t even realise they had arrived, thanks to all the unsettling thinking. He silently grunted at his butler’s words, what other reason could there be for Chenle to avoid him? There’s no other proper excuse. Did he not love Renjun anymore? Did he found someone else?

He let out a distressing sigh, getting help from Mr. Lee to sit down on his wheelchair. Renjun was proud of himself, he’s getting better and his injury is healing really well. The doctors expected him to start to walk alone after he graduates, maybe even before.

The gradual feeling of insecurity overflowed his petite body as Mr. Lee pushed him inside the busy building. People passed by them in a hurry, with tears, or elated smiles overgrowing their faces as they exit. Mixed feelings, they would say. Renjun observed himself, he was blunt and emotionless. He didn’t know how to feel.

The dark brown haired lad felt his heart leaping in and out of his ribs, throbbing out of beat. Renjun felt weird, it was as if emotions were now over taking him, as he felt a rush of excitement swirl inside of his uneasy stomach. Miniature droplets of sweat started to leak out of his forehead, as his own back turned damper than a river. His chest couldn’t stop climbing and sinking rapidly, but his breathes wasn’t running out. He felt as if he was going insane.

“If you actually really love someone, you would approach them,” Mr. Lee randomly blurted, “Even if they do notice you first, you can beat their love for you by greeting them first.”

Renjun hummed, “I know.”

“Then when we see Chenle, you run to him before he calls out for you.” He said, making Renjun groan.

Mr. Lee didn’t understand how nerve wrecking that was. He hadn’t seen Chenle in six months, and that’s a really lengthy time. Sure, Renjun misses Chenle very much. But he didn’t want to seem like those typical clingy boyfriends in those cringey high school romance movies. He snorted once more, before folding his arms.

Renjun looked around the crowd and soared his eyes at the colossal clock by the range of cold, brown seats. 10:09 PM. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter