Chapter 21

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Either his cheeks were sizzling from the thunderous howls of his friends, or the warm hand of his new lover clutched on to his, it didn't matter. Renjun watched Jaemin and Donghyuck slamming a loud high five together, while the other two nudged and winked proudly at Chenle. 

"I don't know why they're so loud, it was my idea." Jeno chided. His boyfriend then slapped the back of his head, and the brunet had already regretted spitting out those words. 

"So what," Jaemin hissed, "When things finally get together, it just, feels good!"

Mark nodded. He then locked his gaze with Chenle, who was too busy giggling and fiddling with his strawberry milk carton. "You young man, better take care of him." The Canadian said earnestly. "That means, no more jacking around with Jeno and play stupid pranks, and make sure to accompany him as much as possible." He crossed his arms, straightening his smile. 

"Now that," Donghyuck commented, "You got it from someone else, didn't you?"

Jeno shook his head, "It was a bad idea to hang out with Taeyong hyung for the whole weekend." He grunted, smearing his cheek.

Jaemin blasted in laughter, slapping his knees hysterically. Renjun couldn't help but smile fondly, they really are bringing their groups of friends together to one big circle. He knew Chenle felt the same, when the younger ran his hand on Renjun's left thigh and squeezed his kneecap. Flicking his hand away, Renjun lightly hissed but then shone his beloved crooked top set of white teeth proudly to his boyfriend. 

After giggling and mumbling a small 'cute' breathlessly, Chenle leaned in to his neck, "We made the right decision." He whispered. Instead of letting the words running through his ear, the light breathing of the younger made a glimpse of thrill shoot down his back. How pleasing.

Their friends kept on blabbering away, forgetting about their cold lunches sitting on their filthy blue trays. While he was enjoying his tuna sandwich (not that he liked tuna, and even worse, it was too cold to even be tasted on his tongue), their shouts seemed to quiet down one by one. Then, a new serene voice was added in, leaving the food in his mouth to be ignored. 

"Meilin?" 

The girl waved a hand at the red haired male, making him gulp all the bites he had at once. 

"She said one of us had invited her here, and that must be you?" Donghyuck said.

Renjun rose a brow, "I'm sorry, but I don't remember saying-"

"I did." Chenle spoke up, shuffling closer to Renjun. "It felt uncomfortable to leave her out after what I have done to a friendship of hers, so I thought it would be harmless if I invited her to have lunch with us." 

"If you guys don't want," Meilin said, brushing her skirt, shyly, "I can always go to the library."

"We can always welcome a seventh person." Mark chimed in, "Another way of making new friends, am I right?" 

The rest smiled at Meilin, as the girl proudly grinned back. She hopped next to Chenle and thanked them, before devouring down her apple pie. Renjun and her would start a few conversations, and Chenle now could see what Renjun meant by her being loud.

The Chinese girl would let her heart out when laughing, even to Jeno's lame dad jokes. She also would tell her stories in a very high pitched voice, that could be heard from anywhere, while she does lanky hand gestures that would get her arms everywhere.

Chenle watched her pick up her snack with her right hand. Weird, he thought. Isn't she left handed. When they met in the store, she mostly did everything with her other arm. Even her personality had changed for quite a mile, as if there were two different souls inside of her.

He blinked his eyes, now, he shouldn't be thinking of things like this too much.

"Renjun sleeping in class. Really?"

"He's too humble to do that. Every teacher scares him." Donghyuck flapped his hand, rolling his eyes.

"I know it's unbelievable. But here, I have proof!" Meilin fumbled through her pocket and slipped out her phone. 

"What- Meilin!" 

She shoved the picture up Chenle's face, the screen hovering right over his widening eyes. His wild, screeching giggles then exploded, Chenle could feel stitches forming on his stoma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter