Chapter 15

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being center of attention was never Chenle's thing. When he stepped through the bright red doors of the school, jerking the strap of his school bag, the pupils had to staple their eyes fixedly at him. The halls became still and silent, as if the head teacher had told him to shut up. But they weren't just staring at him, but also the lad behind him. 

Renjun tugged on to Chenle's un-tucked shirt, shaking lightly in his shoes. Chenle felt the hard grip. Chenle could hear his slow desperate mutters, pleading him for an answer, "Why are they staring at us?" 

He didn't know, and couldn't answer the older. But then it clicked, when a girl squealed and scream a few words out, "I told you, they're engaged!" 

His jaw dropped to a gawk, lips drying at the mute surroundings. Now the school knows, how?

Chenle turned to Renjun, eyes still scanning the staring students, "Let's head to class separately, we'll talk in second break." He whispered, hoping that only Renjun could hear. 

He hummed. Chenle didn't waste anytime and turned a corner, leaving Renjun to go through the shorter way. He wanted to act like a gentleman for once, and after all his parents did taught him well. He just never show much of his calmer side.

Lunch came around as swift as the howling weather outside. Chenle escaped right as the teacher dismissed his class, rushing for the senior area. Slacking his back near by the door, Chenle peered inside the class, soaring his eyes at a certain brunet. 

The bell than rang, making him leap at the sudden buzz. He dodge the looks and curious gazes of his best friends classmates, staring intensely at Jeno. 

The brunet stopped, neglecting his sight. He pushed pass him, bumping their shoulders with full force.

Chenle's right arm latched out for his wrist, faster than how he had marched away. 

Jeno glitched at the sudden grip, not surprised at all. "Let go of me."

"Please," breathed Chenle, "I-I'll explain everything! Please, just give me a chance for once. I don't want our friendship to end in anyway."

His words struct Jeno, deeply in the guts. He was one of his first friends when he came to this foreign country. He was the one that introduced him to a whole different language, culture and friends. Jeno was like the start of everything for him. How was he suppose to continue without his beginning?

He flicked his bangs, splattering a fleer, "Alright."

Straining at the tension that shared through out the lunch table, Chenle cleared his throat. The presence of his closest friends, all sitting in front of him in a row. Mark had his brow raised, patiently waiting for him to speak up, and so did Donghyuck. Jeno had his back tilted to his side, face filled with disgust. 

Chenle heaved a sigh, "I'm sorry," He started. "I had to hide from you guys. It wasn't only my choice, I had to share it between Renjun. I know, I should've told it sooner. Or at least gave you hints or something. But I was just so idiotic and...stupid. I'm sorry, really!" He pleaded.

The oldest shook his head, "I totally understand Chenle. But you could've at least told us if you have problems alright? I get it, it was all sudden, huh, the news of you and Renjun going to be engage. It should only be known between you two."

Chenle smiled at Mark, then glanced at Donghyuck. "Yeah Chenle. We're friends for a reason." 

He nodded willingly, but then looked at Jeno. He was still in the same position as before, all cold.

"Jeno," He said, "I owe the biggest apology to you." He muttered, clasping to his own hands together. "I was very foolish wasn't I? It was as if Jieun had me under control, I was stupid to not realise that. But really, I shouldn't of been angry at you when I heard you were with Jaemin. Should've kept up with you myself. I regret everything I did with Jieun, honestly. Can you forgive me? I'll do anything, really! Renjun even agreed to hangout with his friends later on Saturday, so you guys get to know each other. We'll pay for the place you wanna go. Can you please, just forgive me?" 

Jeno's eyes deepened with so much loath and venom, he shuttered at the look. The brunet then lifted his chin, scoffing with despise. Mark nudge him, glaring lightly and giving him a disappointing look. Releasing his arms, he sighed. 

"Fine, I forgive you."

Those words made Chenle cheer, throwing his hands into a fist. His smile was unbearably bright, that the attention in the whole cafeteria fell to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter