Chapter 5

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At break time, Chenle sat in the outside bench alone, with his tray of food. He had ate his cup of ramen and opened a bottle of water, leaving the brownies cake left. He was just scrolling though his phone peacefully until one of his classmates, Somi came running to him.

"What's wrong Som?" He asked the panting girl.

Somi's chest couldn't stop rising up and down, "Everyone...everyone in the corridors are talking about you."

"Huh?" Chenle grunted, "Why would they talk about me." 

"Because they say that you like Jieun, and now everybody knows." 

Chenle spitted out his water, spraying it at the plants near by. "What!" He quickly wiped the liquid around his lips with his sleeves, gaping at the brown haired girl.

He couldn't understand, how did it spread? Chenle was sure he had only told Jeno about his little crush, but the lad wasn't in school today. He as well-

RENJUN! That little monster must've told everyone! But Chenle thought he would keep it as a secret- Wait! They've never promised in the first place! 

Chenle tightened his fist, he wasn't just furious, but also worried. If everyone knows that basically means Jieun also does. He feels so small, as if the whole universe is getting bigger and bigger, the more he thinks about it. 

His forehead formed wrinkles, as his teeth smashed againts each other. He stared at the school entrance, grunting while getting up. Chenle stomped his way inside the building while biting his bottom lip nervously.

As soon as he stepped inside, the students by their lockers stuck their eyes on him, as if he was the last piece of chicken in the world. They then straight away spin to their friends, whispering into each others ears. Even the pupils on their phones drop their gadgets,  looking for someone to gossip with. 

A twitchy feeling crept up his chest as soon as he saw a raven head standing infront of him. The lassie gazed at the blonde male, before brisking to him. She had her head hung low, hair showering her to her chin, making it impossible to look at her face. 

Chenle felt an icy breeze swirl around him, sticking his feet on to the gleaming, polished floor. He wanted to run away, but he couldn't move. The more closer Jieun walked towards him, the more out of control his heart beats were. If it doesn't stop, he was sure he would explode.

"Chenle!" Jieun's voice streamed through his ears, like a beautiful piano piece at a showcase. 

She grabbed his wrist, pulling him closer to her, lifting her chin up. Chenle stared at her eyes, he had never thought brown was a pretty colour.

"Chenle, I need to know." She whispered. 

The Chinese male looked at her, "What?" 

"I need to know," Jieun muttered again, "do you like me?" 

His throat turned dry while his voice was stuck in the back of his mouth.

"Answer me." Jieun pleaded, tugging on to him harder.

His eyes flickered to his surroundings, mind going as crazy as ever. 

"Me, liking you?" Chenle laughed, lowering his tone. "I'm sorry if the rumors made you misunderstand." He said, breaking Jieun's hold. 

She smiled lightly at him, shaking her head. "Ah, if that's the case, I'll take my leave." Jieun murmured, backing up her steps. 

Chenle's lips turned into a thin line, humming in response.

"I hope you're not lying." She whispered, glancing at him once more, before running away. 

Chenle felt his chest drop. He could even hear the thud of it falling to the ground. He realised that he didn't just lie to Jieun. The whole world was lied to, even himself.

"What have I done." He groaned, pounding his fist to the nearest wall.

Arriving at his home, Chenle was greeted with the smell of cooking. He kicked off his shoes and dropped his school bag on the hall way, leaving it on its side. It trailed him to the warm kitchen, where the sent engulfed him even more.

But of course, food doesn't just appear on the table. As soon as he lay his eyes on the chef, he felt his body erupt with anger. His lips spitted out a snarl at the red head who was washing the dishes. 

Renjun stopped the tap from running, wiping his hands on the small towel below. When he turned his head, he spotted the younger Chinese male, having the best smile on his face.

"Chenle your home!" He squealed, clapping his palms like a seal. Rushing over to the pantry, he took out a teacup. "Since you liked that dinner last night i-"

"Can you stop with the nice act?" He snapped, making Renjun drop the ceramic cup.

"What do you mean?"

Chenle roared, "Don't you know what you did!" 

The older's body shook.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter