Chapter 18

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stocked up piles of incomplete homework are probably one of the worse nightmares students will ever have.

Groaning at the sight of his pampered desk, Chenle decided to finally finish his Geography task, that needed to be due the next day. After all, what else is there to do? Renjun's all stuck studying for his up coming math test, while everyone else he knew was probably busy. Junie though, was there under his study table, widening her eyes eagerly as her tongue stuck out of .

Chenle crouched down to the Bagle puppy and scooped her in his arm. He the back of her neck, and placed her on his lap while he got started on his work.

It didn't take longer than an hour for him to finish his research and turn it all into a well written report, with of course a few diagrams here and there. He made sure to read it a few times, before saving it in a USB stick.

Unluckily, his printer had ran out of ink and he couldn't print on an A3 sheet. But he then got dressed and snuck into his pair of Adidas shoes, informing Renjun that he'll be walking to the stationary store near by. The older seemed to be drowsy from the endless revising he had been doing ever since they got home, with his head dropped onto his math textbook, drooling and snoring lightly. Chenle just lay him down on the couch, then slipped out of the door and into the late afternoon.

The store was closer than he thought, fixed between a flower shop and a vet center. It was really simple place, with a glass window showing off their supplies of countless pencils, colour markers and paint brushes. A broad sign was hung up right above the see through door, with a huge pair of printed scissors, as if they were cutting the words 'LOVE LETTER Stationary Store' that was hung up splendidly. Only a few costumers were roaming inside, a little girl was strangling her arms around, who he guessed her father's waist. Another was a lost looking female, who looked way older than him and the worker, helping her out with her bought supplies.

He pushed the glass door, ringing the bell that hung up above it, catching everyone's attention. The said worker's voice greeted him with surprise, as the lady rushed out of the store, thanking him one last time.

Chenle walked up to the counter, responding a smile at the employee, "Welcome to Love Letter!" He beamed, slightly tilting his head. "You're Zhong Chenle right?" He suddenly asked in his natal tongue.

All the words inside his mouth seemed to be snatched away. Chenle blinked a few times before going back to his proper self. "Yes, yes I am."

The person behind the well organised table lightly chortled, "Back in China you're well known around Shanghai, I'm actually from there too." His mahogany strands waved along to his sweet voice, bleating a wonderful atmosphere around the shop. "So how may I help you?"

"Ah is that so," Chenle splattered, rubbing his nape, "I just need to print a document on an A3 sheet. It's in this disk. As well as ink for a Canon printer." He grabbed his USB stick from his pocket and slid it across to the worker.

Just as he was about to answer back, a harsh call came from a little girl, her pigtails jumped along with her as she hopped on one foot. "Junhui Junhui! I wanna buy these!" She squealed, hugging a pack of scented markers as well as tugging her fathers leg.

Junhui giggled, "I'm sorry, I'll take care of your favor right after this. Please take a seat there." He gently muttered, swishing over to the desperate lassie.

Chenle laughed along. He couldn't help but admire the girls relationship with the worker. She couldn't zip and kept on blabbering with her high pitched shrill, as Junhui just nodded his head, not forgetting to grin pleasantly.

The door bell then bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter