Chapter 2

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stomping through the corridor, Chenle closed his flist tightly. He slammed the door of the his room harshly, creating a loud bang. Chenle punched the desk near by, growling his lungs out. What the heck are they thinking? 

His knees suddenly fell weak, as he leaned his back on the door. Tears were prickling out of his glossy eyes. He fell down on to the ground, burying his head in between his knees, as loud sobs escaped his lips.

Hate. Chenle recreated the scene downstairs, remembering the seating plan. The lad who sat in front of him made his face boil. His heart crumbled slowly, falling into his stomach as he could feel it burn. Chenle could feel the flames blaring in his chest, as the water fall started to leak faster out if his brown orbs.

"I hate him." Chenle barked, slapping the tears off his red cheeks.

Hours then passed by, and it was around midnight when he heard a small knock on the door. Chenle's ears perked up, rubbing his eyes and stared at the mirror. He could hear his mother's call as he walked slowly to the door.

He tugged onto the nob, as soon as he opened the door, a pair of arms were thrown over his neck. He could hear his mother's cries right beside his ear, and he wrapped his hands under her arm.

"I'm really sorry dear, we didn't mean to hurt you." She wept, wetting his shoulders.

Chenle's heart sunk. He doesn't like making the best person in his life miserable because of him. "It's okay mom, I was just, you know, shocked."

The mother let go of her son's neck, pulling his arm back inside his room. "I have somethings to explain." She cleared, tapping a seat on the bed.

Chenle sat down next to her, "What is it?" 

"Your dad is way to embarrassed to tell you this," Mrs.Zhong said, "So I thought it would be best if I tell you, instead of you never knowing it."

Chenle stared at his foot, an uneasy feeling eased inside of him. "I guess you're right."

"Your grandfather actually had to pay back to Renjun's grandfather, since he had used a huge amount of their wealth to help a few family problems. But unfortunately he died early, so your dad has to give what Mr.Huang wants. And he wanted his son to marry you." Explained his mother, who was his back. "If your grandfather hadn't died from the terrible disease, I would've let you find the person you can love forever." 

The blonde's eyes sparkled, "Is that why you wouldn't let me date anyone?" 

Mrs.Zhong nodded her head, "I'm sorry dear, but this is for your best. And I'm sure you wouldn't want to disapoint your father."

It was true. Disappointing his father is like letting the whole world down. Chenle bit his bottom lip, fiddling with the hem of his black suit.

"But we're giving you a choice. If it's a no, then it's really sad to say that your dad will loose his job." His mother said. "But if you agree, than you better get ready-"

"What, I'm marrying him tomorrow?" 

The lady laughed, "No dear, your not getting married until you are 20. You're going to move into a house with Renjun." She explained, sniffing his nose.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter