Chapter 6

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So he basically wants to be your friend?" Mark asked, kicking a plastic bottle near by, before sitting down on the mat they had prepared.

Chenle and his little gang were having a mini picnic that Donghyuck had planned. In Swan Lake Park, they draped down a blue and white mat, enough space for everyon to sit around. On the middle there was a red plastic basket, filled with wonderful snacks, like small truffle cakes, fresh pink lemonade, and many more. The friends sat down: Jeno was on his stomach, while Donghyuck was next to him sticking his legs out of the mat. Mark had drop down on his back, and the youngest had his legs crossed. 

"I guess." Jeno agreed with the Canadian. "I mean, he did say so himself."

Chenle groaned, "But who would want to be friends with him, hes a very annoying, spoiled kid!" He spat, rolling his eyes around and around.

"Hey, Renjun isn't that bad." The tanned male commented, "I've had him as a partner for a project, and well, he was helpful." He said, munching on a sausage roll.

In truth, Chenle knew that. Renjun did a good job on cleaning their house everyday after he comes home from school. He was like a house wife. The toilet would always be spotless and the kitchen was like a neat fork. His cooking was wonderful too, though it taste awfully familiar. Chenle was just lying to himself. 

"To you that is!" The Chinese boy grumbled, crushing the plastic cup in his palm. 

Jeno sighed, "I don't even get it how he knows about your little 'crush'." He said, tossing a bottle of water at Mark. 

"But that's not the problem right now." Chenle rumbled, "I feel guilty for not telling Jieun the truth." He muttered, slipping his fingers inside the ruined cup and fixing the sides, to how it was like before. 

Mark shook his head, "And you know the only way is to tell her the truth. Right?" 

Chenle whimpered, the words weren't surprising, but it shook the world out of him. His face lingered at the lake near by. It was just 15 meters away from their spot. On the water he could see the flossy clouds sailing across the blue sapphire sky, like a huge unblemished mirror. One of the Swan rides had a little girl on it, high pigtails tied up with hot pink hairbands. A chippy looking women was beside her, smiling at everything the little lassie did. She had her finger pointed at the wild ducks, who were waddling their tails while swimming by. 

Of course, Mark was beyond right. It's the only way to patch up his problem right now. 

Feeling the huge swamp on his forehead, Chenle grabbed on to his collar. School was about to end that day, and some students were already dismissed early, like himself. His back was againts one of the plain white walls in the corridor, with a sign 'Class A' on the door beside it. He had his backpack slung over his right shoulder, hands back inside his pockets. 

The bell rung beside his ears, making him shake with alert. His body automatically turned straight as a stick, spine tucked in with his chest out.

"It's now or never." He whispered to himself.

The students inside flee out with their friends. Some realised his presence, polluting each other's ears with gossip. He just kept on staring at the doorway, hoping for the person he was waiting for to quickly come out. 

Then there she was. Brushing her skirt lightly, Jieun walked out of her classroom, with Meilin by her side. She had her hands wrapped around the straps of her bag, binding a grin on her face. Her happy expression stopped, as soon as she saw Chenle in her way. 

"Hi." He started, rubbing his thighs inside his pockets.

"Hi." She replied, after bidding a short goodbye to her friend. Jieun played with the tip of her hair, watching each student pass by. 

The hall got emptier and emptier as they stood infront of each other, still engrossed by the uncomfortable silence. When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter