Chapter 14

Your Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After deciding that they should head back home, the two tread out to Soonyoung and the kids, with Daehwi still in Chenle's arms.

The 4 months old baby couldn't stay still and kept on fiddling with things, whether it's on his thumb, or covering Chenle's shoulder with his moist saliva. Let's just say the Chinese male could only laugh it off, since there was nothing else the baby could do.

Renjun announced to the orphanage that he was leaving soon, getting upsetting wails and cries from the somber children. They all lined up and Renjun took turns to embrace each and every kid, as if it was their last meeting in forever.

"Do you have to go now?" Sniffled Roa, face all pale and wet.

Renjun ruffled her locks, "Don't worry, I'll come back as soon as possible." He murmured softly, drying her light tears with his thumb. But she still had a overgrown frown on her face.

Chenle couldn't help but admire how much Renjun meant to all the youngsters. Little Samuel was hanging on to his waist as he was crouched down to the girls height. Yehana was too upset to even say goodbye and stayed inside with Nayoung and Seongwoo. And baby Daehwi started to cry, making Chenle abrupt in confusion on what he should do.

Kyulkyung spoke up next, "Can Chenle come next time too?" She begged, turning around to Soonyoung and shook him back and forth.

The care taker's son tilted his head to the so called blonde, "He's always welcome here if he wants to."

The small girl tugged on his sleeve, "Can you?" Her eyes were drizzled with sparks, like the twinkling stars of the pitch black sky. He then looked at the other kids around her, who had the same puppy faces, pleading wordlessly.

"Well, if you'd stop crying maybe I will." He gently replied, smiling at her while rocking Daehwi back and forth.

Cheers blew out as they started to howl, replacing their gloomy pouts with blazing smiles. The baby in his arms even started to giggle, like he didn't even shed a tear a few minutes ago. It was as if he understood what they had converse on.

"Wow, what's all the excitement 'bout?"

The screams turned into loud squeals as each child ran to the owner of the mellow voice, by the entrance of the place. There stood a women who looked in the edge of her fifty's, flaky brown hair that crumbled into a bun, with a wrinkled smile on her face. She had her hand clasped onto Yehana's, who now looked better than ever.

"Oh, Mrs.Kwon!" Renjun called out, getting up from the ground and greeted her properly.

"Leaving already Renjun, you'd just arrived." She said, glaceing a smile. "And who's this?"

Chenle felt the need to give Daehwi back to Soonyoung, slowly placing him in his arms. He then politely bowed to the aged women, "I'm Zhong Chenle, Renjun's...friend." He said doubtfully, but covered it up with a grin.

Her face automatically snapped in the next second, clicking her fingers sprightly, "A Zhong? You must be a very intelligent young man!" She blurted. "I know your mother from the Huang's and she's such a sweet heart! Don't be like my son ye, always hogging around his filthy avengers comic collection." She joked.

Soonyoung groaned, "Mom! We talked about this. I had gave 'em away years ago!" He spluttered, getting laughs from everyone.

"I heard that you two are arranged? Well isn't that wonderful! Trust me dear lad, Renjun's a superb guy! We wouldn't have been here without his help. Wanna hear the story of him finding Sunflower garden?" Mrs.Kwon chipped, getting eager nods from the youngsters.

Chenle laughed. The lady was really outstanding. Her words just kept on popping throughout his ears, as the kids listen and giggle to her exaggerations.

After bidding a painful goodbye, the two set o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter